Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago
section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Don’t know where to post this. This just in. No film at 11. Season tickets holders get a car interior Ram magnet sticker, pick up at Mason game. Can’t make that up. Keepsake for the season, I guess. Thanks. Details, one magnet per account, not per seat. OMG, why do they bother. Didn’t they do one towel per account before?
Pick up where at Mason game? Need one for my garage.
Table in the concourse at the top of the stairs in Coke tower...
on your way to the Alumni Lounge, I think.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Don’t know where to post this. This just in. No film at 11. Season tickets holders get a car interior Ram magnet sticker, pick up at Mason game. Can’t make that up. Keepsake for the season, I guess. Thanks. Details, one magnet per account, not per seat. OMG, why do they bother. Didn’t they do one towel per account before?
I have a metal shed...this could be perfect
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Magnets are an attractive gift. :lol:
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago
I have a metal shed...this could be perfect
1 per account. The rest that used to be given per seat now go to eBay with proceeds to NIL
Fans? Who needs fans?
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Text message sent out today for George Mason Senior Night Game Wednesday Night

Rhody Fans!

Come on down to the Ryan Center on Senior Night to see Rhody take on George Mason in the final home game of the year.

We are offering $5 Bud Light, Bud Light Seltzer, Michelob Ultra, and Muse until last call.

Thank you and Go Rhody!
0 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BattleTested »

Top of staircase in coke tower according to email
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Now we're talkin! A coke tower would get some fans in the building for sure!
3 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago Now we're talkin! A coke tower would get some fans in the building for sure!
some EMTs too
4 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BattleTested »

Rhody Tickets just tweeted that Jack O’Marra is the PA announcer tomorrow?! Did we let go of Dan?!?!
0 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

BattleTested wrote: 1 month ago Rhody Tickets just tweeted that Jack O’Marra is the PA announcer tomorrow?! Did we let go of Dan?!?!
Dan has a conflict tomorrow night (he also announces the RI high school championship games) and Jack is filling in.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Is this your last game, EZ Buckets??
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

It is! (for real this time)

It’s been one heckuva run but it’s time.
10 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

EZBuckets wrote: 1 month ago It is! (for real this time)

Tell them to record you for the Minute of Mayhem then play it during that going forward. That should be used forever as long as the sponsor exists. It can't be done better.
9 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Have really enjoyed what you have done with the Ryan Center atmosphere. You have done a great job and is not easy when the team is not performing well which has been the case the last few years. We will miss you and it sucks that you are going out with a team of this caliber, you deserved better. Good luck in all of your future endeavors.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Does the magnet also repel losing seasons? If so I'll take a dozen.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Does EZ Buckets get a senior night style send off?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

future 'Rhody Rhody Rhody'' s, just aren't going to be the same.
1 x
:lol:
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

It will be interesting to see the replacement. Maybe a replacement will emerge from the Ruckus? Big shoes to fill for sure.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago It will be interesting to see the replacement. Maybe a replacement will emerge from the Ruckus? Big shoes to fill for sure.
They tried some new people a few years ago. It didn’t go well
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'll take the magnet. It can't be any more embarrassing than the Patriots magnet that I have on my car now.
2 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Random, but this irks me every time I'm in the Ryan. Why do they not have automatic sink faucets?? You're already halfway there with the automatic soap dispensers. And to make matters worse, when you press down on the faucet handle the water stays on for about a second. How the F are you supposed to wash your hands in any sort of normal capacity if one hand has to remain on the faucet to keep the water flowing? And honestly, how much would it really cost to upgrade the faucets? Such a simple "upgrade", especially this day in age. Ok, rant over. Apologies if this was already covered in the thread, I didn't read back through it.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

spar wrote: 1 month ago Random, but this irks me every time I'm in the Ryan. Why do they not have automatic sink faucets?? You're already halfway there with the automatic soap dispensers. And to make matters worse, when you press down on the faucet handle the water stays on for about a second. How the F are you supposed to wash your hands in any sort of normal capacity if one hand has to remain on the faucet to keep the water flowing? And honestly, how much would it really cost to upgrade the faucets? Such a simple "upgrade", especially this day in age. Ok, rant over. Apologies if this was already covered in the thread, I didn't read back through it.
…sink faucets? We're complaining about automatic sink faucets?

Jesus Christ man, come on.

I would guess the overwhelming majority of stadiums and arenas have auto sink faucets.

That's about the last thing in the building that anyone should be worried about.
0 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

spar wrote: 1 month ago Random, but this irks me every time I'm in the Ryan. Why do they not have automatic sink faucets?? You're already halfway there with the automatic soap dispensers. And to make matters worse, when you press down on the faucet handle the water stays on for about a second. How the F are you supposed to wash your hands in any sort of normal capacity if one hand has to remain on the faucet to keep the water flowing? And honestly, how much would it really cost to upgrade the faucets? Such a simple "upgrade", especially this day in age. Ok, rant over. Apologies if this was already covered in the thread, I didn't read back through it.
hand washing is soooooooo 2020-2022
1 x
:lol:
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
…sink faucets? We're complaining about automatic sink faucets?

Jesus Christ man, come on.

I would guess the overwhelming majority of stadiums and arenas have auto sink faucets.

That's about the last thing in the building that anyone should be worried about.
Yes, sink faucets. It would be a drop in the bucket to change them out. And yes, I have to imagine the majority of stadiums and arenas have auto sink faucets. And I guarantee you it annoys more people than you think, which is why it should be a no brainer to change them out.

Never said I was worried about it, I said it irked me. Like 99% of your posts, including this one.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

One magnet per account?

Oh kay
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 month ago
One magnet per account?

Oh kay
I'll cut mine in half if anybody wants half of a ram head. Might look nice on the rear windshield. :lol:
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago
One magnet per account?

Oh kay
I'll cut mine in half if anybody wants half of a ram head. Might look nice on the rear windshield. :lol:
It would be like a KB friendship bracelet
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

JV got a lot of TV time tonight well done !
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

reef wrote: 1 month ago JV got a lot of TV time tonight well done !
Let’s absorb this moment and appreciate all JV did for the program 💙 🐏 🏀
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

The PA fill in for Yorke was good.
4 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago The PA fill in for Yorke was good.
We could only wish that he is a permanent replacement.

Funny that the Governor was there without his unapologetic sycophant at the microphone
4 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

One magnet per account?

Oh kay
We have 4 tickets and 4 cars. We decided to give the Ram a week on each car.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 month ago
One magnet per account?

Oh kay
I didn’t even see the table, but I didn’t walk around either. I guess the less memories of this season the better.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago

One magnet per account?

Oh kay
I didn’t even see the table, but I didn’t walk around either. I guess the less memories of this season the better.
It was hardly noticeable, right next to the Towers Brewery schwag table. Attendant with a laptop and a stack of magnets.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Last night may have been the last straw for me as a season ticket holder (7 yrs and running). The poor product on the floor is the least of my complaints. It would be great to see more effort, but these kids checked out weeks ago. That, along with the horrible wifi and a pitiful non conference schedule (we actually had to pay to see J&W?) had me teetering. But last night may have been the clincher. After getting drenched to and from the parking lot for last Saturday's game I came up with a bright idea to bring an umbrella last night. Not the kind you would take to a golf course...no...just a small one that when closed actually fit zipped in to my jacket pocket. At the gate I was told I couldn't bring it into the arena, but could leave in in the barrel by the entrance (I guess so someone else could grab it if they needed one on the way out). Not sure what they thought I was going to do once I got the umbrella inside. Shoot somebody with it? Maybe open it up and block people's views from the atrocity that was happening on the court?

I'm sure this has happened to others and maybe I'm overreacting, but with all of the above, I just don't see myself renewing next year...especially when I can by single game tix and sit pretty much anywhere I want.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 month ago Last night may have been the last straw for me as a season ticket holder (7 yrs and running). The poor product on the floor is the least of my complaints. It would be great to see more effort, but these kids checked out weeks ago. That, along with the horrible wifi and a pitiful non conference schedule (we actually had to pay to see J&W?) had me teetering. But last night may have been the clincher. After getting drenched to and from the parking lot for last Saturday's game I came up with a bright idea to bring an umbrella last night. Not the kind you would take to a golf course...no...just a small one that when closed actually fit zipped in to my jacket pocket. At the gate I was told I couldn't bring it into the arena, but could leave in in the barrel by the entrance (I guess so someone else could grab it if they needed one on the way out). Not sure what they thought I was going to do once I got the umbrella inside. Shoot somebody with it? Maybe open it up and block people's views from the atrocity that was happening on the court?

I'm sure this has happened to others and maybe I'm overreacting, but with all of the above, I just don't see myself renewing next year...especially when I can by single game tix and sit pretty much anywhere I want.
They also didn’t do $2 hot dogs at multiple concession stands from 6-7 like they posted everywhere on social media.

Advertise something and then completely disregard it.

Not the first time they’ve advertised something this season and completely didn’t follow thru with it at the game.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 month ago Last night may have been the last straw for me as a season ticket holder (7 yrs and running). The poor product on the floor is the least of my complaints. It would be great to see more effort, but these kids checked out weeks ago. That, along with the horrible wifi and a pitiful non conference schedule (we actually had to pay to see J&W?) had me teetering. But last night may have been the clincher. After getting drenched to and from the parking lot for last Saturday's game I came up with a bright idea to bring an umbrella last night. Not the kind you would take to a golf course...no...just a small one that when closed actually fit zipped in to my jacket pocket. At the gate I was told I couldn't bring it into the arena, but could leave in in the barrel by the entrance (I guess so someone else could grab it if they needed one on the way out). Not sure what they thought I was going to do once I got the umbrella inside. Shoot somebody with it? Maybe open it up and block people's views from the atrocity that was happening on the court?

Icing on the cake. That's pretty lame!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Damn that’s crazy ! Did you leave the umbrella in the barrel and get it on the way out ?
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

reef wrote: 1 month ago

Damn that’s crazy ! Did you leave the umbrella in the barrel and get it on the way out ?
No...I made the 6 minute walk back to the car...missed the rollicking senior celebration, but made it back in time for the anthem...and got drenched walking back to the car after the game. But i saved myself from losing an umbrella and having to buy a new one!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago

It was hardly noticeable, right next to the Towers Brewery schwag table. Attendant with a laptop and a stack of magnets.
Yeah, that was Tyler, at least when I got mine.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago The PA fill in for Yorke was good.
We could only wish that he is a permanent replacement.

Funny that the Governor was there without his unapologetic sycophant at the microphone
McGoo’s Advance Team probably asked for Dan to not be there 😫🤣🤣
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

One magnet per account?

Oh kay

Should have been a magnet per seat! 🚘 💺
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

That is very poor fan experience. “Throw your umbrella in a community bucket”.

Maybe next season it will be ponchos only.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

while i'm in the mood of piling on...something else i find annoying at the RC...my seats are at half court in section 205 (the side the benches are on). whenever there are introductions of student athletes, ramettes, cheerleaders, etc during timeouts or at halftime, the student is always facing the other side of the arena. not a big deal in and of itself, but why not have a video of the introduction on the scoreboard so the entire arena can see who they are cheering for? anyone else find this annoying or am i just being petty?
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

One would think that they would face the suites side. I am in 305 and have wondered the same thing for years.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 month ago while i'm in the mood of piling on...something else i find annoying at the RC...my seats are at half court in section 205 (the side the benches are on). whenever there are introductions of student athletes, ramettes, cheerleaders, etc during timeouts or at halftime, the student is always facing the other side of the arena. not a big deal in and of itself, but why not have a video of the introduction on the scoreboard so the entire arena can see who they are cheering for? anyone else find this annoying or am i just being petty?
Same section here. I think it's because they take pictures of every one of those groups, and the Ram logo at center court faces that way.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 month ago while i'm in the mood of piling on...something else i find annoying at the RC...my seats are at half court in section 205 (the side the benches are on). whenever there are introductions of student athletes, ramettes, cheerleaders, etc during timeouts or at halftime, the student is always facing the other side of the arena. not a big deal in and of itself, but why not have a video of the introduction on the scoreboard so the entire arena can see who they are cheering for? anyone else find this annoying or am i just being petty?
Same section here. I think it's because they take pictures of every one of those groups, and the Ram logo at center court faces that way.
RI Bred...I agree with why they take them from that direction...my point is they have the technology to video it and show it on the main scoreboard so everyone can see it. They show the bowling contest on the main scoreboard. Why can't they video these mini ceremonies?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 month ago
RI Bred...I agree with why they take them from that direction...my point is they have the technology to video it and show it on the main scoreboard so everyone can see it. They show the bowling contest on the main scoreboard. Why can't they video these mini ceremonies?
That's when camera dude takes a break?
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 1 month ago
Seems like a simple ask.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.