Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago So far we have 2 people who complained about the balloons and about 10 who complained about the complaining about the balloons. Which is worse? Maybe we need a poll? :lol: Oh shit which category would this post fall in to though...
Maybe there should be a board category called "Wilco. Tango. Foxtrot." and people can just jump in and blast random unrelated dopiness (like I'm doing here) in a single place where it can stay corralled. When appropriate, mods can just move certain posts to the WTF file...
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago
adam914 wrote: 2 months ago So far we have 2 people who complained about the balloons and about 10 who complained about the complaining about the balloons. Which is worse? Maybe we need a poll? :lol: Oh shit which category would this post fall in to though...
Maybe there should be a board category called "Wilco. Tango. Foxtrot." and people can just jump in and blast random unrelated dopiness (like I'm doing here) in a single place where it can stay corralled. When appropriate, mods can just move certain posts to the WTF file...
And certain posters
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Balloons 🎈 win.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago Balloons 🎈 win.
Hmmm...are the balloons undefeated? Anyone have a with and without balloons record?
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I just snorted laughing. I guess we are all still 8 years old! 😆 🎈
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Balloons 🎈 and shower curtains.

Seriously no one mentioned the balloons til this season.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago Balloons 🎈 and shower curtains.

I’m thinking the balloons just started this season, didn’t they?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote: 2 months ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago Balloons 🎈 and shower curtains.

I’m thinking the balloons just started this season, didn’t they?
The ones the students have in the 2H? No.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago The marketing department is doing their part to get asses in seats.
I don't think this a bad idea like Blue Man does. If people at the game want to have a couple of 5 dollar beers, that's fine. But how many people will actually go to the game BECAUSE of this promotion. My guess is zero. If the product on the court right now was better, maybe a few casual fans would bite. But with this team, I don't think a casual fan sits and watches this team because they can get a beer for 5 dollars. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see what the attendance is tonight.
I guess that was my point. They were advertising it like it was a draw for the game. No one will come to a Rhody game for $5 beers. The crowd certainly metered that out.

It just came off as embarrassing. Just drop the prices and put signs up at the game as a surprise for the loyal fans showing up after a 4 game losing streak.

Either do something actually cool like $1 beers and shout it from the mountaintops, or do nothing.

Id love to know how many gansetts sold above the average level. I saw 1 total in 205.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago The marketing department is doing their part to get asses in seats.
I don't think this a bad idea like Blue Man does. If people at the game want to have a couple of 5 dollar beers, that's fine. But how many people will actually go to the game BECAUSE of this promotion. My guess is zero. If the product on the court right now was better, maybe a few casual fans would bite. But with this team, I don't think a casual fan sits and watches this team because they can get a beer for 5 dollars. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see what the attendance is tonight.
I guess that was my point. They were advertising it like it was a draw for the game. No one will come to a Rhody game for $5 beers. The crowd certainly metered that out.

It just came off as embarrassing. Just drop the prices and put signs up at the game as a surprise for the loyal fans showing up after a 4 game losing streak.

Either do something actually cool like $1 beers and shout it from the mountaintops, or do nothing.

Id love to know how many gansetts sold above the average level. I saw 1 total in 205.
I don't think people that like decent beer would forego said decent beer for a $5 gansett. Guy I went with had one "because it's the special"... I asked him how it was, one word response: "terrible"
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I don't think people that like decent beer would forego said decent beer for a $5 gansett. Guy I went with had one "because it's the special"... I asked him how it was, one word response: "terrible"
Would their fresh catch be any better for the fin?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm guessing more people would come to a tailgate and buy breakfast sandwiches from you than buy a nasty narry.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 months ago

Would their fresh catch be any better for the fin?
Marginally
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago
RF1 wrote: 2 months ago This thread has devolved into a Fellowship of the Miserable. Some Rhody fans seem to hate nearly everything these days.
I mean this thread is literally about the issues with the Ryan Center.

Though I agree - balloons are probably one of the only good things that student section has done.

I couldn't see straight last night anyways because I had Yorke's voice pounding through my head, and that is my chief concern with the RC at the moment.

Doesn't take money. Doesn't take a policy change. Just takes the God damn sound engineer to turn the knob 1/4 inch to the fucking left.
I would love to speak to the people sitting directly in my area during the game in real time - you know - to comment on a play, or anything else going on at that moment. But because the PA and/or music is so f*cking loud, I end up having to either wait to speak - and that moment is now in the past - or try to scream over the noise. And then try to hear the response from my seat neighbors, which most of the time starts with "What?".

What do they not get? It has to be the same for the powers that be that attend the games? I'm looking at you Bjorn, Parlange, even EZ. You guys are at every game. Is this not seen as an issue by anyone in the management group?
Ohhhh....I get it, rhetorical question
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago
section(105) wrote: 2 months ago Is it crazy to think “they” (URI Admin/RC management) don’t want to have easy access to less expensive beer due potential crowd control issues?
Hell, the Rhody Pub had dollar fifty pitchers and never had any problems.
I remember dollar pitcher night at the Pub. Was great, especially being stuck on campus during the blizzard of '78.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Wouldn’t it be great if Parlange read this board?
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

McRam wrote: 2 months ago Wouldn’t it be great if Parlange read this board?
He will know to have a decade long WiFi initiative as well as to CUT SHOWER CURTAIN BAIT.

Possibly an anti Gansett Beer initiative. No more Yorke. Please keep the 🎈
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago
He will know to have a decade long WiFi initiative as well as to CUT SHOWER CURTAIN BAIT.

The only problem with the balloons last game was that there were a lot more balloons than there were students. :lol: But yeah, I like the balloons.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The only problem with the balloons last game was that there were a lot more balloons than there were students. :lol: But yeah, I like the balloons.
Balloons are like cowbell...can always use more cowbell
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 months ago
gazakaza wrote: 2 months ago Anyone else getting annoyed more and more by the balloons that are given to the Ruckus in the second half. Think its a great idea for big games like PC or Dayton but why for smaller games like Lasalle. The balloons are always either popped which is wicked annoying or they get made into something stupid, especially the passing of the balloon chain.

I doubt using it every game will keep that advantage.
I'm not sure why people dump on the balloons. Those balloons show more enthusiasm than most of the crowd. Keep the balloons, have them every game, give each fan a handful when they come in
I love the balloons and the balloon chain....
SHEESH...if you cant find something to complain about BLAME THE BALLOONS.
I thought it was pretty awesome that the President was in with the Ruckus sitting below the poster of his face.

Any complainers about that??
yeah!!! it sucked!!!!
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Haha!! I love how we are all grown ass adults and we are talking about balloons
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

No balloons today. Would've been overkill with the Rhody Rags I guess!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago No balloons today. Would've been overkill with the Rhody Rags I guess!
Just hilarious they give the balloons when it’s very empty but won’t give them when the place is packed.

So ass backwards.
1 x
Go Rhody
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

1) The talent is…not sure if/when we will ever get back to .500.
2) Charmin soft home schedule…Jwu???…
We’ll get to see the annual PC ass-whooping in person next year,
But is that really a good thing?
3) A truly unenjoyable RC experience in almost every aspect.
4) As someone else pointed out…major league prices.

Not sure how much longer I can hold out.
I have been to every single game played in the history of the RC.
The first step is likely to be a downgrade, rather than an all-out abandonment…
But how can this keep going?

That being said, if it was only 3 out of the 4 issues, we’re probably not having this discussion…
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Also of note.

We had a “Keaney out” with the players wearing perfect jerseys and the crowd decked out in their gear.

…however the coaches quarter zips weren’t even Keaney blue.
2 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Also of note.

We had a “Keaney out” with the players wearing perfect jerseys and the crowd decked out in their gear.

Yep I've brought that up before.

We can't even get our blues straight...it's been a problem for a while lol and I'm colorblind!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I got a fever. And the only prescription ...is more balloons!
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Even Rhody Ram had the throwback actual Keaney blue uni on. My wife commented that it looked like the coaching staff was wearing "periwinkle quarter zips" LOL!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea they can’t seem to nail down a consistent Keaney color. I think the coaches had Columbia blue or something. Lol it’s always something.
2 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Maybe marketing forgot to tell the coaches...but, who told the players?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I got a fever. And the only prescription ...is more balloons!
That's what I'm talkin' about...more balloon!
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

FYI someone I know is at the Sphere in Vegas and it’s $16-18 for a beer there. RC should take note for next season. 😆
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 months ago 1) The talent is…not sure if/when we will ever get back to .500.
2) Charmin soft home schedule…Jwu???…
We’ll get to see the annual PC ass-whooping in person next year,
But is that really a good thing?
3) A truly unenjoyable RC experience in almost every aspect.
4) As someone else pointed out…major league prices.

Not sure how much longer I can hold out.
I have been to every single game played in the history of the RC.
The first step is likely to be a downgrade, rather than an all-out abandonment…
But how can this keep going?

That being said, if it was only 3 out of the 4 issues, we’re probably not having this discussion…
Dats cray cray
1 x
:lol:
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago FYI someone I know is at the Sphere in Vegas and it’s $16-18 for a beer there. RC should take note for next season. 😆
Super Bowl week in Vegas prices going to be up for everything on the strip !
0 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades.

Unread post by RJRam »

I don’t know if it was mentioned, but I think the press finally had a mike to ask Archie questions after the game Saturday. Maybe they are listening?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades.

Unread post by reef »

RJRam wrote: 2 months ago I don’t know if it was mentioned, but I think the press finally had a mike to ask Archie questions after the game Saturday. Maybe they are listening?
Yeah really good call , we can hear the questions now !
1 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 months ago FYI someone I know is at the Sphere in Vegas and it’s $16-18 for a beer there. RC should take note for next season. 😆
Would that be Chris?
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Gotta be honest - I liked the quarter zips
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NHRamFan wrote: 2 months ago
Would that be Chris?
No
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

reef wrote: 2 months ago
Super Bowl week in Vegas prices going to be up for everything on the strip !
It is SB week but those prices are on a par for what I have paid before in LV.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

$5.00 Bud Light at the women's game tonight. Does that get anybody in the building?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yeah...no
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Might actually deter people LOL.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago

Even Rhody Ram had the throwback actual Keaney blue uni on. My wife commented that it looked like the coaching staff was wearing "periwinkle quarter zips" LOL!
That was most definitely periwinkle!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Not sure where to put this but I'll put it here since upgrades cost money. Reading some of the quotes here by Thorr, sounds like we're hurting for money right now. https://rhodycigar.com/2024/02/15/budge ... ostseason/
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Not sure where to put this but I'll put it here since upgrades cost money. Reading some of the quotes here by Thorr, sounds like we're hurting for money right now. https://rhodycigar.com/2024/02/15/budge ... ostseason/
"However, URI Athletic Director Thorr Bjorn said the decision was purely a budget decision made in the name of equity – since the school could only afford one trip"

This school is so half assed it's not even funny. Thanks for posting BillyBoy.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Not sure where to put this but I'll put it here since upgrades cost money. Reading some of the quotes here by Thorr, sounds like we're hurting for money right now. https://rhodycigar.com/2024/02/15/budge ... ostseason/
Can’t say I’m shocked, this is the world we live in right now.

It does make sense though if they only can afford one trip, they go to the mens tourney as they only went to the women’s last season.
2 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago

It does make sense though if they only can afford one trip, they go to the mens tourney as they only went to the women’s last season.
$70 fucking thousand dollars? URI can't afford 70 fucking thousand dollars? Just sell the Ryan Center and close up shop. Disgusting.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago

$70 fucking thousand dollars? URI can't afford 70 fucking thousand dollars? Just sell the Ryan Center and close up shop. Disgusting.
At first I thought it said 700K lol

They must be REALLY struggling to be able to afford 70K
1 x
Go Rhody