Cordischi of GoLocalProv: Oh No! Hurley back to Jersey???

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: oh no!

Unread post by ace »

Talk about coaches leaving doesn't bother me, but that's a really lame article.

The author also doesn't seem to understand that Bobby is actually older, plus he can't even keep their names straight at the end.
Last edited by ace 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Why don't you and Cordishi go die.
Here's my reply to the shit stirrer:
"All bullshit empty speculation, which I RESENT!
I'm sure Rutgers fans will jump for joy at getting an 8 win coach.
Funny, Dan told me Tuesday, "Who wants to watch Seton Hall and Depaul play?"
His memories of Rutgers, where he was an asisitant, and Seton Hall, where he played, are not very positive.
Keep stirring the shit, though."
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

All things come to an end and so will Dan's time here...but if he leaves before at least 3 seasons I will be very disappointed. with the conference BS going on...the Hurleys are the only things positive we have right now.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Unread post by peeps4life »

why don't i "go and die"... wow. f-ing psycho.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

This is hilarious.

I was wondering if it was going to be a long, slow week for Rhody hoops with no weekday game, looks like Cordischi thought the same thing and had to pull this piece of garbage out of nowhere.
0 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

Cordishi wasted his time writing an article like that. No coach worth his salt would go to a program start the rebuilding process only to leave and do it all over again. A coach would want to build the program up to the point where they would be in position for a great contract from the school they're at or a better deal somewhere else. That article was like tabloid fodder. Throw a headline on it to catch people's eyes, and fill the article with ideas that can't be backed up and you've got an article written with no merit.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

can we just lock it this up? this is one guys thoughts and other's trying to start something
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

rodfromcranston wrote: "Who wants to watch Seton Hall and Depaul play?"
I don't take that to mean anything -- from a tv viewing standpoint, who would want to watch those schools play? Even if SHU was good and DePaul sucks, who would want to watch them play? People watching on TV want to see good teams battle for NCAA appearances.

As for the rest, even I (who has heavily been an advocate of Hurley leaving sooner than later) would be shocked if such a scenario were to unfold where one of those schools were to hire him after this season.

Things may be bright in Kingston, but most places like to see tangible results. In conferences where the margin of error is extremely small, taking a risk on a guy just doesn't make sense, especially monetarily where these schools are throwing 1.5 or 2 million at a coach per season.

They've had their experience with a coach from a one-bid conference at Rutgers who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. Same could be said for Willard at SHU. Need to see solid coaching results at the mid-major level to warrant the move.

I don't think those schools will want to make that mistake again. The next two years should show whether Hurley is major conference material or not yet.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Peep, you come here trying to provoke us with this piece of swill?
Go to hell!
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

It's pretty clear why this was posted here, but I'm glad he did anyway. This article is funny, and I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Golocalprov.com, where "we take a closer look!" means "hey, let's just throw some slop together and make some absurd connections!"

This is my favorite line: "And even if Bjorn were to offer the job to Danny Hurley, would he accept?" I'm going to go with yes, because that's what has already happened.
Last edited by ace 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

You beat me to it Smarty, I was coming to post that same tweet. Not to hard to guess what he is referring to.

What a clown, there is no way Hurley leaves after one year, especially for either of those shit schools.
Last edited by adam914 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

By the way...I hear Cooley is headed to Bryant.
0 x
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

guys cordishi paid good money for that info from a girl on a street corner in prov.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I agree with those who say if Dan isn't here for at least 3 years, it would be disappointing for sure.

He's going to stay here for a while to build something. At least one, maybe two, Dance invites, with maybe a Sweet 16 thrown in there. That's the point where the national attention kicks in. That's when the offers would come.

Now, if the A10 gets the short end of this realignment deal, which almost everybody thinks will happen, that could affect things depending on just how bad the A10 ends up. In a weaker conference with little TV money, how could URI pay him enough to keep him?

Now, Rutgers is a long way from any success, even going to the B10, where they are going to be the doormat. Seton Hall, same in the C7 plus.

In a few years things may be a lot different. Right now, why would the Hurleys leave for either of two programs that aren't really much of a step up [yet]?
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

I didn't bother to read the article but just from the title and past history go local prov has zero credibility in journalism I would think. I hope people don't actually get there news from there.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Does that clown actually get paid for this stuff?

If so, I'm in the wrong business.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

i'm just passing along information. your inflammatory posts are absurd.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Here's the response from Cordishci. I challeneged him to run this shit by Hurley isntead of some clown talking out of his ass about "what if's":

"Scott Cordischi Rod: Contrary to what you think, I am not trying to "stir up shit." I am only saying that Mike Rice isn't long for Rutgers and I believe that Hurley would be high, if not at the top of their list. If that were the case, I would find it hard for him not to go. You can disagree with the story, but please do not question my motives. I talked about this at length with someone in the know over the weekend who believes that this scenario is a very real possibility!"
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

i agree with the premise.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Agree with all the posts about this being shit thrown against the wall and not much in the way of journalism. That said I worry about Hurley leaving for a bigger pay day and a more prominient program in coming years.

If your school isn't in a BCS conference then of course there is an inferiority complex that whomever your coach is will want a bigger stage on the national scene.

My heart tells me he will be our Brad Stevens, Mark Few or Shaka Smart. My head says he will jump after 3 or 4 years to a big time program.

Hopefully URI can get there hands on some of that tournament money before the BCS schools inevitably come calling.

Ultimately, screw Cordischi and the rest of those clowns over at GoLocalProv. They make the Projo sports section look like they deserve a Pulitzer.
Last edited by STC 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
3wisemen
Jeff Kent

Unread post by 3wisemen »

Peeps, you give PC fans a bad name. RJ and SeanMc make a genuine effort to bring something when they post here. You do nothing of the kind. Mods, ban this jerk and be done with it.
As for this scenario, Rutgers has Big Ten money to play with now. Rice is owed about $1.2 million for his last two years. They can buy that out and hire just about whoever they want from anywhere. At this point they can find more qualified candidates than Dan Hurley.
Last edited by 3wisemen 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I hope to hell that Hurley keeps his promises here, no matter how much Rutgers were to offer him, if that were to ever happen.

Their offer would have to totally blow him away I would think. Would URI even think of paying him more to keep him NOW, after seeing what he's doing, and about to do, for the program?

I could see Dan going there in a few years. Not now.

However, it would be interesting to get Dan's take on this, if he was willing to talk about it.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Anyone who's watched this guy bust his ass, from day one, to build this program,
knows he's not leaving after one unsucessful year.
This pile of crap by Cordischi, is a PC fan's wet dream. They liked it when Baron went nowhere.
They'd love to see Hurley book it for NJ.
Those who wish our program harm, can all shove it.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

This creep4life comes here for one reason and one reason only, to start crap. Please get this a-hole out of here. Heated discussion is one thing. This is another.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

To this article, I give the John Harbaugh dismissive shake of the head...

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netd ... -25-13.gif
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Looks like Don Coyne is taking Cordischi to task for writing it as fact, rather than speculation.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

A journalist with high integrity would not have written such an article at this time preferring to wait until the hammer actually dropped on Mike Rice. Does Cordischi have Jersey contacts to make him so sure Rice is gone or is he just conjecturing on his own or parroting what others have said. Also, good journalism would confirm the story from two vantage points, the aforementioned Jersey side plus the URI side. Does Cordischi have good contacts within URI Athletics? How high up are those contacts?

Rod, you are perfectly correct to question Codischi motives - his comment "please don't question my motives" is exactly the kind of rejoinder from him that makes me question his motives very much. His timing on the article is also damaging evidence.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Rod, I really do agree with you here.

Rutgers or any other school, isn't going to offer a guy with 3 years D1 coaching experience, coming off a likely 8 win season, 2 or more million dollars a year, potential or not.

Now, different story, if in a few years, that guy now has 2 or 3 NCAA invites, with success in the tournament to boot.

Then they'll throw the checkbook at him, and it might be hard to refuse.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Let's worry about things, when we have to.
Not just because some jabroni with a keybord gets some
idea in his head and puts it in writing.
As I said in another thread, over 200K was raised in a few weeks for the lockers and
common room Hurley wanted refurbished.
This is a different cast of characters than when Penders and Harrick left.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

I'm not in the know but I have another exclusive for Cordischi, I just came up with another chain of events where Hurley replaces Chris Christie as the governor of New Jersey. Don't get pissed Rod, but Christie might want to concentrate on a "run" for higher office and here's the juicy part, Hurley is from New Jersey. If you just connect the dots it's easy to see this happening, how is it that some unbiased sort of like journalist hasn't written an unedited online story about this yet?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Good one, BFC.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I know Cordischi does Brown play by play, is he a Brown guy? He wrote a really scathing article about Ed Cooley back in December so he doesn't seem to me like a pro-PC guy or a pro-URI guy. Is he that big of a Brown homer?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

My little conversation with Scott...

So, Scotty, where are you getting your information regarding Dan Hurley? What a garbage piece of journalism that is on golocal. Why don't you also state that Ed Cooley might end up at URI. After all, that's where his coaching roots are. You've lost so much credibility with that article. What a joke! By the way, Bobby is the older brother. If you're going to continue to put trash out like this, at least try to get SOME of your facts straight. What an embarrassment.

Scott Cordischi:
Unlike when I nailed the Cooley & Hurley stories, this is a mere speculation piece and I have no problem with what was written. I understand where loyal Rhody fans would be upset at the possibility of losing a coach after 1 year but I believe that the possibility exists and THAT is based on more than just speculation. I believe Mike Rice will be fired at season's end. I believe that Hurley could be high on their list. I believe that he would strongly consider taking that job if offered to him. What's so wrong about writing that?

Because your PC bias is shining through once again. This story is a PC fan's wet dream. You are supposedly an unbiased journalist? Prove it. Write a story SPECULATING what schools might come calling to offer a job to coach Cooley after seeing what he is accomplishing at PC. After all, speculation pieces are your specialty!

Scott Cordischi
Oh stop! I have ZERO PC bias! And, as far as Cooley is concerned, what makes his story different is that he IS home in RI. Hurley is from NJ and I believe the lure of returning home is a strong one. FYI, I have a Syracuse bias because I went to school there and I want URI, PC, Brown and Bryant all to do well because they are our local D1 programs. I have no preference of one over the other regardless of what you believe.
Last edited by Billyboy78 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

all i did was post a link. rod is the one being inflammatory. i started crap? give me a break. i didn't see the article posted... so i posted it.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

and the best answer to scott if you disagree is to not engage him. he loves the hate.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

peeps4life wrote:all i did was post a link. rod is the one being inflammatory. i started crap? give me a break. i didn't see the article posted... so i posted it.
...and were you anticipating any kind of reaction???
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Nice stuff, Billyboy and BFC.
0 x
3wisemen
Jeff Kent

peeps4life wrote:all i did was post a link. rod is the one being inflammatory. i started crap? give me a break. i didn't see the article posted... so i posted it.
Mods, if you will.....
0 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

I'd like to know how and why he feels this way: "Would Hurley leave URI after only one season? In a New York, or should we say a New Jersey minute!"

I would be shocked if Hurley did that. I believe he'd never do it. My guess is after the third year IF he goes that fast. If Dan was the kind of guy to leave after one season, with recruits and transfers in the wings, then he isn't the man of character most say he is.

To say everyone in the world jumps over a paycheck is dead wrong. There are thousands of examples in every field where people passed on the dollar for loyalty. Anyone following the Celtics and Garnett saga? Or Tom Brady doing this: Sports Illustrated's Peter King first reported Brady has agreed to a three-year extension at $27 million, less than half the $20 million-per-season rate the New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees received last year and the mark the Baltimore Ravens' Joe Flacco hopes to eclipse this year."

Where's the quote from Hurley in that article? Oh wait, there isn't one.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

i haven't name called (until being told to die), told anyone to die or go to hell. what are the rules for being "banned"? you can't post articles?

i figured the reaction would be regarding scott and the article... not the messenger.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Listen carefully:

Cordouchey has 1 source and it is the biggest "b ll shi er" on GoLocalProv and that is the one and only John Rooke!!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

It'd be one thing if this was just like some random blog post, where you can go off on pure speculation a little bit more. But to claim this is any kind of "story" is pure bullshit.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

RhodeIslandRams: Cordischi believes people jump at the bigger paycheck because that is exactly how he feels and operates. Everything he writes on speculation is based on his own predispositions. If you ever talk to this guy that is the impression that he gives. Among other low value traits, he is a complete mercenary.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Scott thinks that because Dan is from NJ, that's all the reason he needs to leave after one year.

That's the whole basis for his "story".

Scott needs to talk to Hurley himself. Maybe Dan will tell him he's not interested, or better yet maybe he'll tell him to take a hike.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

My final blast at Cordischi:
" And tell us, what is "Hurley woud strongly consider leaving URI" based on? Voices in your head? Someone who claims they know the future? Are you visiting the Psychic Friends Network for this "story"."

Look at the initial wording of this crap, "I hate to rain on your parade, URI fans" it's taunting.
So is the "oh, no!" heading on this thread.
You want to taunt us, then be prepared for what comes back at you.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah, Rooke was dead on, on his prediction that Hurley would never come here.

He has absolutely NO credibility. A PC hack through and through.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Scottso ought to stick to selling insurance and stop talking to Pauly D. He's never been unbiased. Anyone who ever heard his show for 5 minutes knows that. He's from Mass. How come he never went "back home"?
I liked him better when he was cruising Elmwood Ave. in his company Hummer (what an appropriate name).
0 x
3wisemen
Jeff Kent

And no coincidence that all of this has come out after PC made a trip to Rutgers.
0 x