Random NIL thoughts

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Random NIL thoughts

Unread post by Ramulous »

NIL seems to have become the be all end all of college basketball at the level we would like to compete.

By that I mean that we dream of being an NCAA tournament team on a semi regular basis. Once every couple of years.

With the amount of NIL $ I think we have I don’t think that is a realistic hope any longer.

Yes kids got paid around the sport before but I believe most players and coaching staffs were afraid to get caught so it wasn’t widespread although existent.

Now all fears are removed. Couple it with the no-sit transfer rules and I have seen the end of the sport I used to love the most.

I no longer have the passion I previously had. I don’t think I can ever get it back. That’s a reference for ECR to attribute to a song I like also.

I believe if Miller had a budget to match that of even big east teams he could get good players here. Not even mentioning what he could do with a budget on the level of a P5 football school.

Even I would get great players if I had a $15M annual NIL budget.

I know players deserve some benefits monetarily from college basketball but the devil is in the details where every Division 1 school has the exact same NIL budget. It ain’t gonna happen. The NCAA is a figurative eunuch. They will take every opportunity to puss out and bury their collective heads up their collective anuses.

That’s the rant for now. More may come as people post here or fecal material pops into my small cranium.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Re: Random NIL thoughts

Plus I will piss off ECR because I made a one time contribution to Rhody Excellence of $4000 recently. But I don’t think the sale of merchandise is gonna raise the kind of money we need to compete.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

10000%
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

truth is i respect any fan that contributes to the NIL

i also respect just about all fans who post here

we need rhody fans and should respect each other even if we disagree

so, yes … i do respect those who contribute . it only shows that you love the school and the sports and escape rhody hoops provides from the real world

i just won’t contribute because i am fundamentally against what the ncaa is doing to the fans who made them rich

while yes i respect the players for doing what is best for them (i would do the same).. but i am also against buying players who will leave in a year - it’s not money well spent

i blame all this on the ncaa - not the fans or the players
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramulous wrote: 2 weeks ago NIL seems to have become the be all end all of college basketball at the level we would like to compete.

By that I mean that we dream of being an NCAA tournament team on a semi regular basis. Once every couple of years.

With the amount of NIL $ I think we have I don’t think that is a realistic hope any longer.

Yes kids got paid around the sport before but I believe most players and coaching staffs were afraid to get caught so it wasn’t widespread although existent.

Now all fears are removed. Couple it with the no-sit transfer rules and I have seen the end of the sport I used to love the most.

I no longer have the passion I previously had. I don’t think I can ever get it back. That’s a reference for ECR to attribute to a song I like also.

I believe if Miller had a budget to match that of even big east teams he could get good players here. Not even mentioning what he could do with a budget on the level of a P5 football school.

Even I would get great players if I had a $15M annual NIL budget.

I know players deserve some benefits monetarily from college basketball but the devil is in the details where every Division 1 school has the exact same NIL budget. It ain’t gonna happen. The NCAA is a figurative eunuch. They will take every opportunity to puss out and bury their collective heads up their collective anuses.

That’s the rant for now. More may come as people post here or fecal material pops into my small cranium.
Kind of what I've been trying to say, although you illustrate it much better than I did.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I will agree that the environment right now will erode fan interest over time. But I believe the mechanics will change and some will be righted.

My only counter is I would decouple NIL from unlimited transferring. The latter will hit at the heart of college fandom eventually but IMO the former won’t. We never have had the resources of a P5, or even a Big East school. Pre NIL PCs tv revenue was 4mm and ours was 400k. That’s what makes it so special when we beat them, or win a tourney game. It’s always been more difficult for us. As long as have parity with the top 1/3rd of our league with NIL I think we can compete for the same type of talent we have always landed. From what I gather we are competitive there.

I also eventually think NIL becomes less prominent and the majority of revenue to athletes is derived from the revenues they generate. What inequities that creates are the normal ones but they are the ones we have always been battling against.

The real issue is unlimited player movement which makes 90% of guys 1 year basketball mercenaries. No one besides agents and lawyers are into that. It’s hitting all schools and all fanbases and from what I can tell nobody likes it. Including the P5s. So because of that I think eventually (soon-ish) that gets sorted and some common sense protocols are put in place. Or that will hit the bottom line for everyone eventually.

Keep the faith Ramulous youre a great fan!!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I’m not condemning ECR. I wish the game I’ve loved for 60 years didn’t get all fucked up.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

BAR. I wish the NCAA had the balls to act properly. When confronted they run away.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

? What would Rod say about all this?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Ramulous wrote: 2 weeks ago BAR. I wish the NCAA had the balls to act properly. When confronted they run away.
I’m not so sure the NCAA is going to be the one to fix this. I think it’s moreso up to conference commissioners and school presidents. The NCAA has lost any teeth they actually had left and it’s not coming back.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 weeks ago I will agree that the environment right now will erode fan interest over time. But I believe the mechanics will change and some will be righted.

My only counter is I would decouple NIL from unlimited transferring. The latter will hit at the heart of college fandom eventually but IMO the former won’t. We never have had the resources of a P5, or even a Big East school. Pre NIL PCs tv revenue was 4mm and ours was 400k. That’s what makes it so special when we beat them, or win a tourney game. It’s always been more difficult for us. As long as have parity with the top 1/3rd of our league with NIL I think we can compete for the same type of talent we have always landed. From what I gather we are competitive there.

I also eventually think NIL becomes less prominent and the majority of revenue to athletes is derived from the revenues they generate. What inequities that creates are the normal ones but they are the ones we have always been battling against.

The real issue is unlimited player movement which makes 90% of guys 1 year basketball mercenaries. No one besides agents and lawyers are into that. It’s hitting all schools and all fanbases and from what I can tell nobody likes it. Including the P5s. So because of that I think eventually (soon-ish) that gets sorted and some common sense protocols are put in place. Or that will hit the bottom line for everyone eventually.

Agree (including that ramulous is a great fan). But, never ever gonna get that one year mercenary horse back in the bag again. Driven by the hunt for Nildough, actually, just dough period....player movement is never going to be any more restrictive than it is now. Players used to want to play at the schools that were on TV all the time, because it meant exposure, which could lead to future income. Now, it's all about show me dat mo-nay ===> to-day.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 2 weeks ago
Ramulous wrote: 2 weeks ago BAR. I wish the NCAA had the balls to act properly. When confronted they run away.
I’m not so sure the NCAA is going to be the one to fix this. I think it’s moreso up to conference commissioners and school presidents. The NCAA has lost any teeth they actually had left and it’s not coming back.
The NCAA doesn't do anything these days but collect cash. The original "collective"
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If our NIL fund is truly competitive with the top of our league, then Archie should be able to attract comparable talent.

Right now we do not have that. Comparable talent that is

We are not currently getting the bang for the buck or so it seems.

SLU and Loyola have far surpassed us with their new signings.

Dayton's NIL is for sure much more than ours.

With our mediocre returnees and only 2 decent additions so far, we have to have enough left to bring in some more impact talent.

If this is the best we can do, then more years of suck is to come.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

All good posts above.

For me, as I am sure it is for many here, this is a frustrating time in what has always been my favorite sport and my favorite team starting in my teens.

I understand that the game table has been tilted against us for decades but - realistically or just my perception, I am not sure - it has been getting worse the past few years. I am not expecting a balanced, fair reset of the table but just a fighting chance for Rhody and similar programs. Just stop the excessive greed and power trips for the good of the sport and fans.

Bar, I am trying to understand what you mean by decoupling NIL from transferring. Could you provide an example or go more in depth on that ? The concept sounds very interesting.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….and the upside is, we/ll have to do this drill all over again, with short break of games before the carousel comes around again…….ooph
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I think this thread might drive me back to Rhody Rehab.

Just when I thought I was out…they drag me back in. :lol:
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago I think this thread might drive me back to Rhody Rehab.

For an X large Collective donation you can get a permanent room and come and go as you please. Neva thought Rhody Rehab could raise profit!
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago I think this thread might drive me back to Rhody Rehab.

For an X large Collective donation you can get a permanent room and come and go as you please. Neva thought Rhody Rehab could raise profit!
Like I said before...it's the perfect place to go for therapy, if you don't care about getting cured :lol:
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

There is no cure for what afflicts many here, just flares up that come and go(much like players)but one thing remains……..blood tests show consistently Keaney Blue.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

bigappleram wrote: 2 weeks ago I will agree that the environment right now will erode fan interest over time. But I believe the mechanics will change and some will be righted.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I think the NIL ship will right itself. The "haves" have always haved, and the "have-nots" have always have-notted. This is no different than any other time. Once the eventual revenue sharing model hits, it will be more of the same. You won't be able to stop the collective/NIL machine either, it will always be an add-on.

The biggest key will be when multi-year player deals start being allowed. That's the only way to save the sport imo moving forward.

I think most who agree with the players getting paid agree with it because the coaches can leave and coach right away whenever they feel like it. In those scenarios though, coaches have buyouts and incentives attached. Incentives exist to promote certain behaviors and results. The buyouts at least protect the school when a coach leaves.

For players, it should be no different. Allow for team incentive bonuses, matched to what a coach will have - $$ for NCAA, $$ for GPA, $$ for winning conference, etc. That way you don't get the kids who stop playing once they get their last NIL check.

Also, attach buyouts and multi-year contracts so that a) the collectives are protected and can recoup money if a player leaves, and b) it will slow down the transfer rate because if other collectives have to pay buyouts as well as players, they'll start to think twice.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago All good posts above.

For me, as I am sure it is for many here, this is a frustrating time in what has always been my favorite sport and my favorite team starting in my teens.

I understand that the game table has been tilted against us for decades but - realistically or just my perception, I am not sure - it has been getting worse the past few years. I am not expecting a balanced, fair reset of the table but just a fighting chance for Rhody and similar programs. Just stop the excessive greed and power trips for the good of the sport and fans.

Bar, I am trying to understand what you mean by decoupling NIL from transferring. Could you provide an example or go more in depth on that ? The concept sounds very interesting.
What I mean Drums is that a lot of the fan dissent that is happening is pointing to the two things together (NIL and transferring) when in fact they are two different dynamics. And IMO it is the unlimited player movement NOT the NIL that will eventually erode fan interest if left unchecked. We have never had the same budget as P5s, so NIL discrepancies are just more of the same.
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

It should be just like soccer. The haves should pay a transfer to the have nots to get a player.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago All good posts above.

What I mean Drums is that a lot of the fan dissent that is happening is pointing to the two things together (NIL and transferring) when in fact they are two different dynamics. And IMO it is the unlimited player movement NOT the NIL that will eventually erode fan interest if left unchecked. We have never had the same budget as P5s, so NIL discrepancies are just more of the same.
Thanks, Bar. I was missing your dissent point. I was thinking a fix to the system. Ooph. I Should have had that extra cup of coffee yesterday.

I get it now. 👍🏼
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Another NIL thread?

Gawd
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

How about you lose a year of eligibility if you transfer more than once? If the players didn’t have a problem with the NCAA granting them an extra year, then I would assume the power extends to taking away as well. I suppose they can offer hardship waivers, grad student, etc. no idea if this I doable or too extreme, but something has to be done to slow this train down.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 2 weeks ago How about you lose a year of eligibility if you transfer more than once? If the players didn’t have a problem with the NCAA granting them an extra year, then I would assume the power extends to taking away as well. I suppose they can offer hardship waivers, grad student, etc. no idea if this I doable or too extreme, but something has to be done to slow this train down.
Not happening...

wheel.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Happy Derby Day!

Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 1 week ago Happy Derby Day!

rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I have had the same thoughts Ramulous…
And combined with the fact that the $$$ is only going to the P5.
(Is it the P4 yet? Soon to be the P2???)

We used to be able to compete, even though we were always always always punching 15 feet above our head, with the Dukes, UConns, Oregons, Kansases, Syracuses…because we could develop kids and they weren’t supposed to be paying them.

Now, it’s not really college basketball anymore. They’re pros. With 1-year contracts.

Bad analogy coming, but maybe it really isn’t that far off…
RIFC can’t compete with Barcelona or Chelsea.

Those P2 leagues can buy a starting five, and then another, and then another.

We might as well be in division 2. And people talk about just competing for the top 4 in the A-10. I don’t think that’s going to be good enough much longer, given the greed and the history of the P5. With the amount of money on the table (in plain view now, don’t forget) it’s only a matter of time before the B1G and the other leagues jump the shark and say we’ll decide our own champion, thank you very much, and the URIs and Fairleigh Dickinsons etc are just not welcome. Hell, they don’t even want Cal-Berkeley or Washington State.

I would just as soon join America East and play actual colleges that we have a little in common with…
And if I’m wrong about the greed of the P2, and they do actually keep the tourney the way it’s always been, then we have more of a chance to win that league than to finish first or second in the A-10. I just don’t see us ever being good enough to get an at-large bid again. I’ve been wrong before (ask Ace if she remembers me doubting if Dan could make the sweet 16, haha). Hopefully I’m wrong here, but the way the sports landscape has shifted, combined with our absolutely terrible play over the last 4-6 years, has worn me (and it looks like you, too) out.

Oh well, we have 4 players back from last year, there is allegedly a freshman coming with 2 transfers if they don’t go somewhere else for more money, and Bassy is running the point again!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhodyrudder, did you ever see the movie, And Justice for All?

Jack Warden plays the crazy Judge.

Well, after reading your post, I am Jack Warden sitting out on the ledge of the court building. :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. But we have hit a rough patch as a program, I’ll agree and the friggin P5 aren’t doing us any favors at the moment.

Anyway, if you haven’t seen the movie, you need to watch it. Jack Warden and Pacino do a great job in it. The movie will make you laugh! The helicopter scene is hilarious.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago Rhodyrudder, did you ever see the movie, And Justice for All?

Jack Warden plays the crazy Judge.

Well, after reading your post, I am Jack Warden sitting out on the ledge of the court building. :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. But we have hit a rough patch as a program, I’ll agree and the friggin P5 aren’t doing us any favors at the moment.

Anyway, if you haven’t seen the movie, you need to watch it. Jack Warden and Pacino do a great job in it. The movie will make you laugh! The helicopter scene is hilarious.
Thx drums…will check it out!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 week ago I have had the same thoughts Ramulous…

We used to be able to compete, even though we were always always always punching 15 feet above our head, with the Dukes, UConns, Oregons, Kansases, Syracuses…because we could develop kids and they weren’t supposed to be paying them.

Now, it’s not really college basketball anymore. They’re pros. With 1-year contracts.

We might as well be in division 2. And people talk about just competing for the top 4 in the A-10. I don’t think that’s going to be good enough much longer, given the greed and the history of the P5. With the amount of money on the table (in plain view now, don’t forget) it’s only a matter of time before the B1G and the other leagues jump the shark and say we’ll decide our own champion, thank you very much, and the URIs and Fairleigh Dickinsons etc are just not welcome. Hell, they don’t even want Cal-Berkeley or Washington State.

I would just as soon join America East and play actual colleges that we have a little in common with…
And if I’m wrong about the greed of the P2, and they do actually keep the tourney the way it’s always been, then we have more of a chance to win that league than to finish first or second in the A-10. I just don’t see us ever being good enough to get an at-large bid again. I’ve been wrong before (ask Ace if she remembers me doubting if Dan could make the sweet 16, haha). Hopefully I’m wrong here, but the way the sports landscape has shifted, combined with our absolutely terrible play over the last 4-6 years, has worn me (and it looks like you, too) out.

Oh well, we have 4 players back from last year, there is allegedly a freshman coming with 2 transfers if they don’t go somewhere else for more money, and Bassy is running the point again!
While you are being realistic, you're about to be accused of gloom and doom.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

This kinda realism is the stuff often shared among people in release consultation from Rhody Rehab…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

105, the Mrs and I have been watching Loudermilk on Netflix. Real funny show. Anyway, I think of Rhody Rehab every time they do a group session scene. :lol:
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

where are our recruits ?

is there not enough money
Last edited by ElmCityRhody 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago 105, the Mrs and I have been watching Loudermilk on Netflix. Real funny show. Anyway, I think of Rhody Rehab every time they do a group session scene. :lol:
Really liked that show, although the quality can be all over the place, haha. A little bit of each season is pretty awful, but it's still a good show overall.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

The problem is at this point, the legal system has haymakered the NCAA there is no standing back up. Everything they have tried to do, the Supreme Court or local judicial branches have shut down. It's hard to guardrail NIL when it's considered "unconstitutional." They've sided things so far to the players, there is no coming back from it. It's clear to me now that while I think the NCAA could have been more aggressive with this 10 years ago, it would have only been a matter of time before these legal challenges deemed it too restrictive. Someone will always complain.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 1 week ago The problem is at this point, the legal system has haymakered the NCAA there is no standing back up. Everything they have tried to do, the Supreme Court or local judicial branches have shut down. It's hard to guardrail NIL when it's considered "unconstitutional." They've sided things so far to the players, there is no coming back from it. It's clear to me now that while I think the NCAA could have been more aggressive with this 10 years ago, it would have only been a matter of time before these legal challenges deemed it too restrictive. Someone will always complain.
I mean, the NCAA is kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. Ultimately, if you're paying coaches $10M a year, constructing a slew of $100M facilities, and signing multi-billion dollar broadcasting contracts, it is really hard to also argue that you are not a business with employees that deserve to be compensated properly. If they want, they can try to unwind it - Go back to being a true amateur organization, that allows anyone to broadcast its games, for example. I think the appetite for that is frankly zero, though.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 1 week ago The problem is at this point, the legal system has haymakered the NCAA there is no standing back up. Everything they have tried to do, the Supreme Court or local judicial branches have shut down. It's hard to guardrail NIL when it's considered "unconstitutional." They've sided things so far to the players, there is no coming back from it. It's clear to me now that while I think the NCAA could have been more aggressive with this 10 years ago, it would have only been a matter of time before these legal challenges deemed it too restrictive. Someone will always complain.
Or they could've been more common sense like "it's OK for maurice clarett to get free tattoos, players to advertise for car dealerships, etc.

I can guarantee you if there was something common sense like "a player can get paid by selling a jersey with their name on the back" or "if a company wants to pay an athlete to advertise" the "collective" angle would've been moot.

Then you could allow for working in the multi-year contracts and everything else.

Because they were such a joke and so incoherent with their rulings, the created this system out of it's own necessity. If paying kids for advertisements (like is legal in literally everything else but NCAA sports), then you wouldn't have this bootleg group of "collectives" that only exist to pay players to advertise for the collective that is paying them.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TexRam
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TexRam »

Exactly. Remember when Jeff Dowtin was suspended a game because the NCAA found out he played in an 'unsanctioned' charity game? They were chasing shit like that, or players having YouTube channels.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
Or they could've been more common sense like "it's OK for maurice clarett to get free tattoos, players to advertise for car dealerships, etc.

I can guarantee you if there was something common sense like "a player can get paid by selling a jersey with their name on the back" or "if a company wants to pay an athlete to advertise" the "collective" angle would've been moot.

Then you could allow for working in the multi-year contracts and everything else.

Because they were such a joke and so incoherent with their rulings, the created this system out of it's own necessity. If paying kids for advertisements (like is legal in literally everything else but NCAA sports), then you wouldn't have this bootleg group of "collectives" that only exist to pay players to advertise for the collective that is paying them.
Rename the collective? Rhody Bootleggers of Excellence
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago ? What would Rod say about all this?
Something about how the NCAA can go take a dump in its hat?
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

A knowledgeable VCU poster indicated that he has heard that VCU's NIL collective has about $1.5M to spend. With the ever increasing amount of money going to players, I do not see how URI will be able to keep up.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

wait - are you saying that all the money that our loyal fans are giving away isn't enough to buy a winner and thus no return on investment ?

WTF
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Interesting tidbit. 6 of the 9 voting members of the NCAA “Board” are employees of colleges and universities.

Conclusion: isn’t the NCAA and the schools really the same?
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 week ago
I mean, the NCAA is kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. Ultimately, if you're paying coaches $10M a year, constructing a slew of $100M facilities, and signing multi-billion dollar broadcasting contracts, it is really hard to also argue that you are not a business with employees that deserve to be compensated properly. If they want, they can try to unwind it - Go back to being a true amateur organization, that allows anyone to broadcast its games, for example. I think the appetite for that is frankly zero, though.
How do you do that fairly though?
Not every school pays millions for a coach and not every school has an expensive practice facility.
So what do you say, all 4,300 kids who play D1 split some equal percentage? So #1 at Kentucky is paid the same as #13 at Alabama A&M?
Or we make the schools directly responsible for paying players?
No matter where you turn, there will always be a group who feels unfairly compensated.
The courts have given the players an ungodly amount of power.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Would love for the NCAA to go back, but I feel like paying all student athletes a flat rate would solve 95% of the problems. Or creating a more structured set pay grade (3 max). I’m sure title IX will be a factor as well.
GO RAMS
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 week ago I have had the same thoughts Ramulous…

As I've been saying for years, there's the Cartel and there's everyone else
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.