1st round tonight
2,3 rounds Friday
4,5,6,7 rounds Saturday
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - Starts Thursday Night April 25

Unread post by STC »

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Patriot Way thread. In any event, it will be interesting to see what the Patriots do tonight. It seems that this will be a Kraft call at 3 so I'm resigned to the fact we are getting Maye. Seems like the football people are more open to trading back. If Minnesota is offering 11, 23 and a 2025 1st along with maybe a late round pick or two I'd pull the trigger on that. I'm not sold on Maye and I don't think the Patriots have enough around him to successfully develop him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Could be an interesting night. Minnesota might be tempted to do some horse trading because it’s looking like They will get some compensation for the Falcons tampering with Kirk Cousins. Likely will be implemented with next year’s draft.
My guess is Patriots trade the 3rd pick
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m guessing the Pats stick @ 3 and draft Drake Maye !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Done
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Now...how 'bout those GMen at 6?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Being a Falcons fan never gets any easier! The worst part is I'm not even from Atlanta or anything, I actually chose this life.

It was perfectly put years ago by one of my favorite Falcons related twitter accounts.

1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

adam914 wrote: 1 week ago Being a Falcons fan never gets any easier! The worst part is I'm not even from Atlanta or anything, I actually chose this life.

It was perfectly put years ago by one of my favorite Falcons related twitter accounts.

It's kind of wild that their management supposedly talked the owner out of hiring Belichick, which on the surface seems not-so-great, and since then they've made two different decisions about quarterbacks that seem bad! All that guaranteed money for Cousins, 35, coming off an Achilles tear, seemed bad, but then they also spent a first round pick to overdraft the oldest QB prospect coming out of the draft.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I like Penix. He can fire the ol’ pigskin. Doesn’t hurt he’s a lefty which flips the blind side. I like the pick. It’s nutty but I like it.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 week ago
adam914 wrote: 1 week ago Being a Falcons fan never gets any easier! The worst part is I'm not even from Atlanta or anything, I actually chose this life.

It's kind of wild that their management supposedly talked the owner out of hiring Belichick, which on the surface seems not-so-great, and since then they've made two different decisions about quarterbacks that seem bad! All that guaranteed money for Cousins, 35, coming off an Achilles tear, seemed bad, but then they also spent a first round pick to overdraft the oldest QB prospect coming out of the draft.
Yeah none of it makes any sense. Kirk was supposedly shocked by it to and not exactly thrilled with the pick. Seems like they are going to go with Kirk for 2 years, then they can get out of the contract and turn to Penix. They are basically banking their careers on this idea. We'll see, but I have my doubts!! :lol:
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I don’t really get what the Falcs did considering their needs on defense
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 1 week ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 week ago

Yeah none of it makes any sense. Kirk was supposedly shocked by it to and not exactly thrilled with the pick. Seems like they are going to go with Kirk for 2 years, then they can get out of the contract and turn to Penix. They are basically banking their careers on this idea. We'll see, but I have my doubts!! :lol:
Kirk should be fine. He's still in the top flight of QB's, getting paid handsomely, and on the back nine of his career. I wish he was on the Giants.

Cousins' deal includes a $50 million signing bonus and $90 million guaranteed over the next two seasons with an additional $10 million guaranteed in 2026 for a whopping $100 million total in guarantees.

There's a time to wonder about wtf your team is doing and a time to just stfu, get the wife to confirm the direct deposit is still coming, give her a high five if it is, and find something else to worry about. This seems like the latter. I can't believe that he's getting any sympathy...

He shoulda just shown some confidence and said, "great, hopefully, we can get the kid skilled up to where he can play in the NFL in a couple years" and moved on....
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pats first 5 picks all offense

Eliot Wolf getting it done !
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yall got my boy Bazooka Joe!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

bj.JPG
bj.JPG (5.92 KiB) Viewed 250 times
x
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago Yall got my boy Bazooka Joe!
I like that pick , always good to have QB depth , and he could be a trade chip

How did you like him as the Vols QB ? I didn’t get to see him
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 1 week ago

Okay I'll start with positives

He has the strongest arm in the history football. Not exaggerating. He is super-human.

Great size at 6'5 240. I mean he looks like he was made in a lab, then you see him throw and do backflips...it's like how is he real?

He doesn't turn the ball over much. He's pretty good about not keeping it in harms way.

The best teammate you can ask for. Super positive, fun personality and a guy that's been through a lot of ups and downs and came out a great person. Got benched at Michigan, transferred to Tennessee, was named the starter, struggled, got hurt and Hendon Hooker became the second best QB in Vol history.

He waited his turn, supported Hendon every step of the way and had a pretty good year last year.

Negatives
6 years in college, Jim Harbaugh and Josh Heupel could not fix his accuracy issues. Early on in TN he would overthrow wide open guys down the field. Just horrible.

Last season he would often be behind or throw it too hard on intermediate throws. Struggles with touch and the overall flow of the game. He's very mechanical and doesn't have much playmaking ability. He's so big and athletic, but he just runs soft, late to take off when a play breaks down.

I think that he will be a longtime solid back up in the league that may get a chance and could be solid if he ever gets playing time.

Now he is probably the most talented QB the Patriots have ever drafted, so if Jerod Mayo and company fixes him then he'll beat out Drake Maye lol
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Struggles with touch...often throws behind or too hard, doesn't have much playmaking ability, runs soft. I mean, what's not to like?!
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I read that some want to make him a TE. He certainly has the size.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 days ago
reef wrote: 1 week ago

Okay I'll start with positives

He has the strongest arm in the history football. Not exaggerating. He is super-human.

Great size at 6'5 240. I mean he looks like he was made in a lab, then you see him throw and do backflips...it's like how is he real?

He doesn't turn the ball over much. He's pretty good about not keeping it in harms way.

The best teammate you can ask for. Super positive, fun personality and a guy that's been through a lot of ups and downs and came out a great person. Got benched at Michigan, transferred to Tennessee, was named the starter, struggled, got hurt and Hendon Hooker became the second best QB in Vol history.

He waited his turn, supported Hendon every step of the way and had a pretty good year last year.

Negatives
6 years in college, Jim Harbaugh and Josh Heupel could not fix his accuracy issues. Early on in TN he would overthrow wide open guys down the field. Just horrible.

Last season he would often be behind or throw it too hard on intermediate throws. Struggles with touch and the overall flow of the game. He's very mechanical and doesn't have much playmaking ability. He's so big and athletic, but he just runs soft, late to take off when a play breaks down.

I think that he will be a longtime solid back up in the league that may get a chance and could be solid if he ever gets playing time.

Now he is probably the most talented QB the Patriots have ever drafted, so if Jerod Mayo and company fixes him then he'll beat out Drake Maye lol
Solid analysis PRT , I saw his interview seems like a great kid like Drake Maye
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody74 wrote: 3 days ago I read that some want to make him a TE. He certainly has the size.
Yeah that ain't happenin. I think he'd refuse and he just isnt a physical player. Wouldn't work out.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

True , in his interview he said no chance of that happening
0 x