URI Rhode to Excellence Poll

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

Have you or do you intend to contribute to the URI Rhode to Excellence?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 53

section(105)
Ernie Calverley

URI Rhode to Excellence Poll

Unread post by section(105) »

Getting the pulse of where are, at this point.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Roz
ARD

Re: URI Rhode to Excellence Poll

Unread post by Roz »

I already gave what I could this past week.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I need to see the A10 media rights agreement that was just signed and how much URI gets from it first. So it's a no for me.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yes. I have subscribed to monthly payments.
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Again.....how much the school/program makes or brings in or whatever doesn't matter. They cannot contribute to the collective and cannot directly pay the players. It. Is. A. Stupid. Point. To. Make.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 weeks ago Again.....how much the school/program makes or brings in or whatever doesn't matter. They cannot contribute to the collective and cannot directly pay the players. It. Is. A. Stupid. Point. To. Make.
In. Other. Words. It's. A. Go.fund.me. For. Players...Because. They. Sure. AF. Are. Not. Getting. Any. Of. The. (Serious). Pie....
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Not a fucking chance
0 x
:lol:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 weeks ago I need to see the A10 media rights agreement that was just signed and how much URI gets from it first. So it's a no for me.
Why the hell do you need to see how much they get?

For the millionth time, If it’s $1 or $1000000, URI is allowed to contribute ZERO to NIL.

But continue bringing this up! Maybe it’ll make the rule change!
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 weeks ago
theblueram wrote: 2 weeks ago I need to see the A10 media rights agreement that was just signed and how much URI gets from it first. So it's a no for me.

For the millionth time, If it’s $1 or $1000000, URI is allowed to contribute ZERO to NIL.

It does keep reminding everyone of the absurdity of the whole idea though, so there's that...
1 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Please see my post on the NIL thread....
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Undecided leaning toward "no."
Last edited by Rhode_Island_Red 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I am also undecided.

As I stated before, people I talk with occasionally who are close to the program have told me that all donations are currently better spent by funding NIL or all the other things are for nothing. To which I say, then the people with their names on facilities had better open their checkbook or those facilities will have been a waste and just a tax write off.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The reason I keep bringing this up, is because I want to know how much URI gets on the media deal for MBB. Currently you are correct, the school can't contribute to the NIL. But I can tell you, ESPN can. And CBS. And NBC. So let's rewrite the media contract, so funds flow to both the school, and the NIL.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

theblueram wrote: 2 weeks ago

The reason I keep bringing this up, is because I want to know how much URI gets on the media deal for MBB. Currently you are correct, the school can't contribute to the NIL. But I can tell you, ESPN can. And CBS. And NBC. So let's rewrite the media contract, so funds flow to both the school, and the NIL.
We really don't want this to happen. I know you're looking for everyone else to pay for you, so you think what you're saying sounds like a good idea, but if media partners donate to NIL funds we're going to fall far further behind than we already are
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The vast dollar amount of donations to the program here at least, are from a select few very affluent boosters.

That's on a year to year basis.

The rest is made up of a bunch of small donors like us.

URI does not have many big donors nor a large fan base.

That is not going to change, unfortunately.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 weeks ago

We really don't want this to happen. I know you're looking for everyone else to pay for you, so you think what you're saying sounds like a good idea, but if media partners donate to NIL funds we're going to fall far further behind than we already are
I'm looking for someone else to pay for me??? LMAO. Have I met you in the Alumni lounge? I've been in there for years. Maybe I have met you . PM me if you want to.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 weeks ago

I am on the ECR train and looking for someone else to pay for me. The idea of, paying the players* - as a fan - in addition to my overpriced tix and refreshments, is just totally totally totally whacked.

(*With no idea where that money is "really" going...and for that reason alone....would LOVE...LOVE to see Bassy back here)
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

To the undecided - if you don’t contribute then you have no right to watch or criticize the team because you decided not to pay the salary for a college player who is also getting a free education
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 weeks ago To the undecided - if you don’t contribute then you have no right to watch or criticize the team because you decided not to pay the salary for a college player who is also getting a free education
……..and with many public funded state schools, free education paid by tax payers?……
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Question- if I donate 10x more than another poster am I allowed 10x more rants after my money goes toward a player that doesn’t care to play defense or show any heart ??

I think we should have a limit on posts based on the money given - I mean that’s what I was told previously … zero $ = no right to complain

Maybe I’ll donate 1c… just so I can post - eff it - I am in a good mood tonight .. I’ll “subscribe” 1c… that way I can sleep at night more comfortably when I post during the season
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 weeks ago Question- if I donate 10x more than another poster am I allowed 10x more rants after my money goes toward a player that doesn’t care to play defense or show any heart ??

I think we should have a limit on posts based on the money given - I mean that’s what I was told previously … zero $ = no right to complain

Maybe I’ll donate 1c… just so I can post - eff it - I am in a good mood tonight .. I’ll “subscribe” 1c… that way I can sleep at night more comfortably when I post during the season
Well, at least with that one cent subscription, you're making a mockery of an extremely mockable system. Well done.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 weeks ago Question- if I donate 10x more than another poster am I allowed 10x more rants after my money goes toward a player that doesn’t care to play defense or show any heart ??

Someone said that no donation is too small. It all adds up. :lol:
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Guys - I started my own NIL account for fans

You can either donate or subscribe to me

Venmo to follow and remember the more you donate the more I will cheer for Rhody

Donate today to the ExCellentRhodyfan fund today !
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 weeks ago Guys - I started my own NIL account for fans

You can either donate or subscribe to me

Venmo to follow and remember the more you donate the more I will cheer for Rhody

Donate today to the ExCellentRhodyfan fund today !
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Love it
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Disappointing to see the number "no"s. Especially from some of the biggest complainers on this message board...
6 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

BleedBlue87 wrote: 2 weeks ago Disappointing to see the number "no"s. Especially from some of the biggest complainers on this message board...
Then again it shouldn't surprise me. Just reaffirms what I already thought they were.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote: 2 weeks ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 2 weeks ago Disappointing to see the number "no"s. Especially from some of the biggest complainers on this message board...
Then again it shouldn't surprise me. Just reaffirms what I already thought they were.
Who is 'they' and what did you think they were?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Retired on a limited income, maybe?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Retired on a limited income, maybe?
Good point....if not for them, probably not much attendance at the Ry. But, maybe they should contribute to the NIL and stay home and watch Flosports instead of selfishly buying tickets for themselves. Stingy old people...
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

ditto.. no more being a "fan" and wearing your heart on your sleeve for our beloved Rams if you aren't "committed" into giving money to a college kid with no 4 year "commitment" to our team

driving loyal fans away.. not a winning strategy....

i say we ban the "NO's"

thankfully i decided to subscribe a penny to such a worthy cause.... so i am safe and .. i get to keep my right to complain (or praise) our team dependent on their level of success...
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 weeks ago
ditto.. no more being a "fan" and wearing your heart on your sleeve for our beloved Rams if you aren't "committed" into giving money to a college kid with no 4 year "commitment" to our team

driving loyal fans away.. not a winning strategy....

i say we ban the "NO's"

thankfully i decided to subscribe a penny to such a worthy cause.... so i am safe and .. i get to keep my right to complain (or praise) our team dependent on their level of success...
You had a list of guys you've wanted cut from the team and people have been doing that long before the current rules. So please tell us more about these loyal fans.

Nobody has been saying choose between your bills and NIL, but if you want to brag about how you're not going to contribute on here, then yeah, get lost. Your opinion is worth less than used toilet paper
4 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

you forgot about coaches i wanted to CUT BAIT on... LOL

yeah, its called being a fan.. and a "fanatic" - and being a fanatic doesn't necessarily equate to being rational

its not about choosing between my bills and NIL per se..

its more on principle and not paying a college kid to play for Rhody and then have him walk away

show me a kid that commits to URI for 4 years (unless there is a head coaching change) and i wil show you more of a commitment financially

ok, now you can get back to the personal insults..

i'll stay above the fray and focus my insults on the current NCAA setup vs the days where it was much more fun rooting for players and watching them develop for 4 years
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

This is a depressing thread.

God this fanbase just doesn’t get it.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

To me, donating to the NIL is kind of like making a campaign contribution. I may donate $100 bucks or whatever, but at the end of the day it’s the deep pockets that will drive any meaningful impact.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

STC wrote: 2 weeks ago To me, donating to the NIL is kind of like making a campaign contribution. I may donate $100 bucks or whatever, but at the end of the day it’s the deep pockets that will drive any meaningful impact.
You're not wrong, but if everyone on this board had the same opinion as you, it would matter a lot.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyBB91
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyBB91 »

Are season tickets considered a donation ?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyBB91 wrote: 1 week ago Are season tickets considered a donation ?
This a serious question?
1 x
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
STC wrote: 2 weeks ago To me, donating to the NIL is kind of like making a campaign contribution. I may donate $100 bucks or whatever, but at the end of the day it’s the deep pockets that will drive any meaningful impact.
You're not wrong, but if everyone on this board had the same opinion as you, it would matter a lot.

Hammond gone

Now you know why I won’t pay a dime

I respect you for bleeding keaney blue and appreciate you donating and you are really the best person I love reading

But I see this coming and I am not buying into this crap

Don’t take this personal - I am just fucking pissed but wanted to explain. Why I have been bitching for weeks

Don’t hate me - I am a fan and this one hurts
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago

Hammond gone

Now you know why I won’t pay a dime

I respect you for bleeding keaney blue and appreciate you donating and you are really the best person I love reading

But I see this coming and I am not buying into this crap

Don’t take this personal - I am just fucking pissed but wanted to explain. Why I have been bitching for weeks

Don’t hate me - I am a fan and this one hurts
This...looks to be for you, my "Bruce Hurst has signed with the Padres" moment. I feel for you, man. It didn't wreck sports for me, maybe because I was so young at the time, but it made it clear that the fans will always care way more about 'the team' the laundry than the players do.
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Limited income, totally get it. I'm talking about the ones who are suddenly on their "moral soapbox" over it. The ones who say they are such loyal fans but come up with the dumbest reasons why they won't donate. We all see you for the frauds you are.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Yes - you nailed it

I have been posting since the projo days and the gig is finally up - I’m a fraud

Pls - the only fraud here are the “commitments”
1 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Seems absurd to ask for NIL donations when this is what we’re getting while our coach is making $1.5 million.
2 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 week ago Yes - you nailed it

I have been posting since the projo days and the gig is finally up - I’m a fraud

100%. You are one the biggest complainers on this message board. But that's all you are, a complainer.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Correct. Everyone that won't donate is a fraud. That's the litmus test. :lol:
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago

And here is another one who spends an insufferable amount of time complaining and then when there is the ability to take action (contributing to the NIL) he goes and takes the moral high ground. Fascinating really since just a few years ago they both wanted slick Rick here. Guess the morals only matter when it comes to their wallet.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 week ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago

And here is another one who spends an insufferable amount of time complaining and then when there is the ability to take action (contributing to the NIL) he goes and takes the moral high ground. Fascinating really since just a few years ago they both wanted slick Rick here. Guess the morals only matter when it comes to their wallet.
My refusal to participate in the player go fund me has nothing to do with moral high ground. I just think it's a dumb idea. (That's allowed, right?)
I'd still take Rick here tomorrow. Insufferable amount of complaining? Hilarious, you
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 2 weeks ago This is a depressing thread.

If everyone on this board gave $10 like you said, I bet Hammond becomes affordable. I hold anyone who can donate but chooses not to accountable.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 week ago

If everyone on this board gave $10 like you said, I bet Hammond becomes affordable. I hold anyone who can donate but chooses not to accountable.
He was affordable. We got him.

Kenny left. The money wasn’t everything when that happened.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 week ago

He was affordable. We got him.

Kenny left. The money wasn’t everything when that happened.
I refuse to believe that he doesn't "have a price."

If he goes to George Mason, then we lost out due to NIL. If URI can't outbid the value of an assistant coach at GM then we have a joke of a collective. Our collective is only as strong as the fanbase who donates to it.
2 x