Dan Hurley Antics

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Dan Hurley Antics

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Hurley is a great coach. No doubt. But his in-game antics are incredibly cringeworthy. He acts like an a child. If you remember, his first 3-4 years with us he acted like a fool on many occasions. His behavior was borderline embarrassing. He acknowledged it at some point and definitely reined it in and evolved. BUT, he still acts like a jerk. Great guy off the court, but out of control when he’s coaching. I know, he’s passionate etc…so are the other great coaches. Have a little more class Hurley. Don’t walk up to Edey in the middle of the court. Lame.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: Dan Hurley Antics

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 weeks ago Hurley is a great coach. No doubt. But his in-game antics are incredibly cringeworthy. He acts like an a child. If you remember, his first 3-4 years with us he acted like a fool on many occasions. His behavior was borderline embarrassing. He acknowledged it at some point and definitely reined it in and evolved. BUT, he still acts like a jerk. Great guy off the court, but out of control when he’s coaching. I know, he’s passionate etc…so are the other great coaches. Have a little more class Hurley. Don’t walk up to Edey in the middle of the court. Lame.
He struggles with reining himself in at times. Could really bite him in the ass at some point.

I expect we will see him in 105’s Rhody Rehab self-control group over the summer. :D
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

A friend from NY just randomly texted me “was Hurley this much of a d-bag when he coached at RI?”
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I wouldn’t change a thing

HEART
PASSION
WINNER
8 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

You’re entitled to your opinion. And he has those for sure. Just no class. See Jay Wright.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

What’s the over/under on how many times Hurley stomps his feet in the 2nd half?
0 x
Rams99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rams99 »

Full agree but a lot of antics gets overlooked when you win. It’s only gets old when you lose. Aka Belichick.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

He's a great coach with flaws. You can choose to focus on the flaws, especially if you do not like the man, or look at his coaching skill on a full context basis. Your choice!
0 x
Narr9999
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Narr9999 »

I will take his sideline manner if it brings his teams to the final 4 and championships
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree DH is one of those guys cuz he’s on your team you love if not you hate ! I only like him cuz he coached URI , if say he went from Wagner to Rutgers to Uconn then I would be pulling against him
1 x
URI_CellBio14
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URI_CellBio14 »

Ehhhh honestly just think he's trying to stick up for his guys. Hurley seems like an honest wear your heart on your sleeve type dude to a fault - I think Edey said something to Hurley and Hurley just gave it back
9 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

BARF
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Regarding Rhody Rehab and Dan Hurley, I think Andrea might offer some in-house guidance, she is a healer, fixer. Dan sometimes referenced this during his time here. Is sideline act, real simple, if he is not your coach, betting against him etc, you dislike him, if he is your coach you love him.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 weeks ago Hurley is a great coach. No doubt. But his in-game antics are incredibly cringeworthy. He acts like an a child. If you remember, his first 3-4 years with us he acted like a fool on many occasions. His behavior was borderline embarrassing. He acknowledged it at some point and definitely reined it in and evolved. BUT, he still acts like a jerk. Great guy off the court, but out of control when he’s coaching. I know, he’s passionate etc…so are the other great coaches. Have a little more class Hurley. Don’t walk up to Edey in the middle of the court. Lame.
Cry some more.
6 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

wish we could get a coach like hi.... nevermind
0 x
:lol:
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

To be fair, the "antics" were only on display after a couple of aggregious calls.
5 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

steviep123 wrote: 3 weeks ago To be fair, the "antics" were only on display after a couple of aggregious calls.
Sure...it's not like Dan whines about every call in every game. It just seems that way. Egregious calls? Of course, Dan is an objective observer of how the game is being called.
0 x