A-10 Outlook for 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: A10 Outlook for 2024-25

Unread post by adam914 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 weeks ago
adam914 wrote: 2 weeks ago I wonder if Goodman plans on releasing the names of the schools that told him they are paying players. Seems like that would be a pretty big story!
It is looking like the NCAA will soon be allowing all member schools to participate in contributing to the "Collectives".
Yeah but until that happens I think it would be really interesting to know which schools are doing it already now.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Maybe some of these trips were booster funded?
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago Maybe some of these trips were booster funded?
Oh yeah, that could make sense, if it's just a matter of redirecting your fundraising efforts. The way Goodman worded it made it sound very different!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

BattleTested wrote: 2 weeks ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago

STOP. Please... I think Arch was the best hire available. But...if he could bring in 4 starters, better than what's here now, and didn't, because of how the locker room and bench would have hurt feelz....we should all be calling for his head.
Why do you refuse to grasp that Arch wanted to keep a core group of players and build a team around them?

I mean, your fixation on this hypothetical just makes zero sense.
Glad you said it.. that was one of the more idiotic takes i've seen on here. The teams that are successful are the ones that can keep a core together. That will count for something next year.
Yes you need a team that's been....

BattleTested 😎
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

ramster wrote: 2 weeks ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago
ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago

You are only allowed 1 overseas trip every 4 years. Applies to all teams. No team does an overseas trip every year.
Or an MTE out of the country. There’s always a loophole.

Kids were getting paid when it was against the rules, are we naive enough to believe that now the international kids aren’t?
Overseas trips decreasing to increase NIL $$

A reduction in foreign trips is a sucky unintended consequence, imho.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

You will see non-NIL sports suffer a lot. (tennis, swimming, track etc)
GO RAMS
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago

Or an MTE out of the country. There’s always a loophole.

Kids were getting paid when it was against the rules, are we naive enough to believe that now the international kids aren’t?

Schools with $$$ will go on whatever trips they want.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 weeks ago
RamStock wrote: 2 weeks ago

Yes Stevey, that isn't happening, actually I doubt we bring in any immediate starters at this time.
We just need to add quality depth at this time that can give us solid minutes.
I would add a rim protector and maybe 1 or 2 more frontcourt players, plus the best available at that point, possibly a scoring wing or guard.
Also, wouldn't be surprised if they bring in some youth with at a least 2-years left, but I would still take a solid veteran contributor if able.

Unlike several others here, I would be okay as mentioned before with our starting 5: Bassy, House, Lawrence, Green, and Fuchs.

I feel that backcourt would be able to compete well with most of the others in the A10.

Green would have a full year now, was our leading scorer, and many felt our best player last season, averaged 14.3 pts (43.4% 3PT).
Fuchs will only develop and get better, had a strong freshman season averaging 8 pts/ 6.4 rebs, plus 6 double-doubles.
I was one of those who wasn't immediately sold on the addition of Green and Fuchs, but admittedly I was mistaken, glad for that.
While I agree they aren’t acquiring 3 more starters. Almost anyone on this team could be passed over if we picked up the right transfer. I was one of the people who thought Fuchs had a very nice year, but I don’t see any of these guys as difference makers on a winning team with a Legitimate chance at postseason. Adding all bench players isn’t even close to good enough. The players returning were from a last place team. Maybe the goal is to just have a winning record this year. I’m hoping we are setting the bar higher than that.
I think it’s nuts to say a freshman like Fuchs couldn’t be a difference maker on a postseason team. Ever since we sucked it seems like people on here forget how raw some of our freshman looked before they become good starters on nit/ncaa Rhody teams in the past. I’ve listed examples of former players a handful of times so I’m not doing it again but if Fuchs continues to improve which many players do he could definitely be one of the better big man in the conference his junior/senior year. The problem is most players are gone by then in this day and age.
I like Fuchs and think he had a very solid year for a freshman. I think him, Cam and Lawrence have the best chance of improving. I think it may be more the rest of the returning players that I just don’t think are tournament quality players. I thought Montgomery was going to be URI’s best player last year and he was a bust. I don’t like the returning players especially the guards as much as the rest I guess. For us to say that we only need bench players is crazy to me. The core was part of a last place team that is still very weak defensively. Also as you mentioned if Fuchs does break out he is as good as gone with all the graduating players.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 weeks ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Schools with $$$ will go on whatever trips they want.
No. The NCAA restriction is 1 trip every 4 years.

Last time URI went to Europe was way back in July 2013
EC Mathews and Hassan Martin were both Freshmen.
Jordan Hare was a Sophomore who made the trip but didn’t make it thru his Soph season playing basketball.

Doubt URI does a trip like that again with attendance dropping and operating expenses increasing.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

While I agree they aren’t acquiring 3 more starters. Almost anyone on this team could be passed over if we picked up the right transfer. I was one of the people who thought Fuchs had a very nice year, but I don’t see any of these guys as difference makers on a winning team with a Legitimate chance at postseason. Adding all bench players isn’t even close to good enough. The players returning were from a last place team. Maybe the goal is to just have a winning record this year. I’m hoping we are setting the bar higher than that.
I think it’s nuts to say a freshman like Fuchs couldn’t be a difference maker on a postseason team. Ever since we sucked it seems like people on here forget how raw some of our freshman looked before they become good starters on nit/ncaa Rhody teams in the past. I’ve listed examples of former players a handful of times so I’m not doing it again but if Fuchs continues to improve which many players do he could definitely be one of the better big man in the conference his junior/senior year. The problem is most players are gone by then in this day and age.
I like Fuchs and think he had a very solid year for a freshman. I think him, Cam and Lawrence have the best chance of improving. I think it may be more the rest of the returning players that I just don’t think are tournament quality players. I thought Montgomery was going to be URI’s best player last year and he was a bust. I don’t like the returning players especially the guards as much as the rest I guess. For us to say that we only need bench players is crazy to me. The core was part of a last place team that is still very weak defensively. Also as you mentioned if Fuchs does break out he is as good as gone with all the graduating players.
Hello...I was told you can't just go out and get multiple better players, you'll "lose the locker room...and the bench".
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Hello...I was told you can't just go out and get multiple better players, you'll "lose the locker room...and the bench".
I was once told I can’t go to basketball practice unless I finish my homework first.

I finished my homework.

Such is life.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 weeks ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 weeks ago Huge addition for Odom and VCU.

For comparison’s sake, Bassy filled the stat sheet better in just about every category but shooting % in the #21 ranked conference, while the MEAC is ranked #32.
I wouldn’t call it a huge addition at this point. Still
Rhody Vault already calling him “a star in the A10”

He played in the 32nd ranked conference out of 33 conferences

Played 2 years at UNC Wilmington with not great stats.

Now in his 4th and final year playing in a significant step up in the A10.

Interesting how when players go down levels some say he is now at the right level but we can recruit from those lower levels and say he will be “a star in the A10” :roll:

I’ll take Thomas and his previous A10 experience over a guy with 2 years so-so at UNC Wilmington.
IMG_3364.jpeg
IMG_3382.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

For comparison’s sake, Bassy filled the stat sheet better in just about every category but shooting % in the #21 ranked conference, while the MEAC is ranked #32.

He played in the 32nd ranked conference out of 33 conferences

Played 2 years at UNC Wilmington with not great stats.

Now in his 4th and final year playing in a significant step up in the A10.

Interesting how when players go down levels some say he is now at the right level but we can recruit from those lower levels and say he will be “a star in the A10” :roll:

I’ll take Thomas and his previous A10 experience over a guy with 2 years so-so at UNC Wilmington.
IMG_3364.jpeg

IMG_3382.png
He sets up nicely at PG for VCU joining starters Bam and Zeb in the backcourt.
VCU may have their starting 5 set with these 3 above, plus Fermin and Clark (claims he got his medical waiver) upfront.
They still have plenty of open scholarships they need to fill.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Roddie Anderson from Boise State, and Cam’ron Fletcher from SLU are both visiting SLU I believe
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Roddie Anderson from Boise State, and Cam’ron Fletcher from SLU are both visiting SLU I believe
They believe Roddie will commit, not so sure about Fletcher.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Better screenshot that one
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree. Done.

He had 1 year of double figure scoring his Junior Year after 2 so-so years in the Coastal Athletic Conf with UNC Wilmington.
1 year of eligibility left coming from Norfolk State which plays in the 32nd ranked conference out of 33 conferences.

IMG_3407.jpeg
IMG_3364.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Agree. Done.

He had 1 year of double figure scoring his Junior Year after 2 so-so years in the Coastal Athletic Conf with UNC Wilmington.
1 year of eligibility left coming from Norfolk State which plays in the 32nd ranked conference out of 33 conferences.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg
He won't be a star in the A10 but should be a nice fit at PG for them.
He doesn't have to be a star and won't even be the best or top scoring guard on the team, they already have Bam and Zeb.

Although in the MEAC, Norfolk State hasn't been a terrible program.
3-staright 20-win seasons and 2 NCAAT bids in the last 4 years.

They also beat VCU last season at the Siegel Center, he had 17 pts/ 5 assists/ 3 steals.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
George Washington has landed Delaware transfer Gerald Drumgoole Jr., source told
@TheFieldOf68

Averaged 13.9 points last season and shot 37 percent from 3.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Wow, props to Grant and Dayton for landing Posh, huge.
They are loaded at guard with Posh, Malachi, Cheeks, and Bennett.

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: A-10 Outlook for 2024-25

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I find it hard to believe that we still haven't filled 4 spots yet.

One or two I could understand, but this imo is ridiculous.

Other programs who are our peers dont seem to be having any problems signing players, but us?

Crickets. Pathetic.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg
He doesn't have to be a star and won't even be the best or top scoring guard on the team, they already have Bam and Zeb.

3-straight 20-win seasons and 2 NCAAT bids in the last 4 years.

They also beat VCU last season at the Siegel Center, he had 17 pts/ 5 assists/ 3 steals.
Nice fit is quite different from “huge” addition or “he will be a star in the A10”

Freshman UNC Wilmington 1.9 ppg
Sophomore UNC Wilmington 7.1 ppg
Junior Norfolk State 16.9 ppg

Next best scorer at Norfolk State was Allan Betrand (11.5 ppg) who is in his 6th year of college

Last 4 games for including 2 Conference Tourney and 2 in Jim Baron’s favorite CIT that costs money to play in:
MEAC-Coppin State
MEAC-Howard
CIT-Alabama A&M -Did not play
CIT-Purdue Ft Wayne- came in off bench

Totals in last 4 games for Jamarii Thomas:
9-32 FG
3-12 3FG
12-16 FT
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

Nice fit is quite different from “huge” addition or “he will be a star in the A10”

Next best scorer at Norfolk State was Allan Betrand (11.5 ppg) who is in his 6th year of college

Last 4 games for including 2 Conference Tourney and 2 in Jim Baron’s favorite CIT that costs money to play in:
MEAC-Coppin State
MEAC-Howard

9-32 FG
3-12 3FG
12-16 FT
Hopefully Betrand has another year. He has only played at 4 different colleges in 5 years. It seems like he was around 10 years ago
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RamStock wrote: 1 week ago

MEAC-Coppin State
MEAC-Howard

9-32 FG
3-12 3FG
12-16 FT
Hopefully Betrand has another year. He has only played at 4 different colleges in 5 years. It seems like he was around 10 years ago
I think he is done……
IMG_3412.png
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

MEAC-Coppin State
MEAC-Howard

9-32 FG
3-12 3FG
12-16 FT
Yeah Ramster, Vault saying he will be a star is the A10 is an exaggeration and over the top.

But for VCU it was a major addition and needed piece to fit in at PG.

He will compliment Bam and Zeb well in the backcourt and won't be counted on to be a major scoring threat.
Also, other teams won't be keying on him so much so his shooting %'s may go up.

I like what Odom has done so far and they should contend again.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 1 week ago

MEAC-Coppin State
MEAC-Howard

9-32 FG
3-12 3FG
12-16 FT
I think he is done……

IMG_3412.png
146 games...impressive. I can't imagine there's any post season there outside of conference tournaments? So, I wonder what the record is for games played in a college career? It would have to be a 5th year COVID guy, maybe somehow squeeze in 33 games per year? 165 ish? Then after I typed this, I thought, hey, why don't you just look it up...so I did...

Jordan Bohannon has the record and played in 179 games for one team, Iowa.
The next 4 guys played for multiple teams, including Jalen Coleman-Lands who played in 172 games for: Illinois/DePaul/Iowa State/Kansas (not a terrible list). Armando Bacot is 6th (2nd most for one team) at 169 games at UNC.

That is a lot of college basketball games to play in...

Interesting list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... ed_leaders
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg
Jaden House put up similar numbers in a bad conference when he came to us, and he wasn't even a "good get," never mind a "star."
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg
Jaden House put up similar numbers in a bad conference when he came to us, and he wasn't even a "good get," never mind a "star."
Yeah I don't think I can stand Rhody Vault at all anymore.

I think there is a solid case he is doing things that are potentially damaging to the program.

He hypes up our rivals and opponents and disparages anything we do.

It's "Jamarques Lawrence is the Rams first commitment"

"One in, another one out"

"What does Sebastian Thomas add?"

Highlighting Abu's quote "The first thing I'd do is build your family, there are so many alumni/players that are coaches and local"

The thing about how he thinks getting an assistant outside of the program is a bad idea after he learned about James Whitmore.

That is the coverage we have gotten this offseason. Zero hype and expressing what we are doing wrong while propping up everything our rivals do.

Thanks for the old highlights, but beyond that he is overtly at odds with what our program is trying to accomplish under Archie.

He's a twat.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

I think there is a solid case he is doing things that are potentially damaging to the program.

Highlighting Abu's quote "The first thing I'd do is build your family, there are so many alumni/players that are coaches and local"

The thing about how he thinks getting an assistant outside of the program is a bad idea after he learned about James Whitmore.

That is the coverage we have gotten this offseason. Zero hype and expressing what we are doing wrong while propping up everything our rivals do.

Thanks for the old highlights, but beyond that he is overtly at odds with what our program is trying to accomplish under Archie.

He's a twat.
I like some of the earlier interviews he did with some of our past greats. Since Archie has come aboard he has become a bit much. He has an opinion like everyone else but frankly it does not carry much weight that I'd care about it. He's no basketball genius.
Ramfan22
ARD

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

He's a twat.
Vault put up a tweet last night begging for people to Venmo money to him.

Edit: he deleted it
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 week ago

He's a twat.
Vault put up a tweet last night begging for people to Venmo money to him.

Edit: he deleted it
Did anyone tell ECR!?

I'm sure he'd donate!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

He's a twat.
Everything out of his mouth is a dig @ Arch and URI ! What a clown !
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

It has been a little quiet for us lately, so I thought I would do a little mental masturbation exercise.

After looking at how the A10 teams are coming together so far, I did my "Way Too Early" predictions.
Broken out into 3 tiers (5 teams, no particular order) and subject to change rather quickly:

Top- Dayton, VCU, Loyola, SLU, Joe's.

Middle- Mason, Rhody, Dukes, Richmond, GW

Botton- Fordham, Davidson, Bonnies, UMass, La Salle

Yes, I know a long way to go yet, and a lot can happen, but oh well, just a start.
In retirement something to help keep me busy.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Agree. Done.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

He's a twat.
Nailed it. Twitter is probably the best place to gauge fan interest and activity and when you have someone who’s full job is actually disparaging the program under the guise of “being a fan” it does way more harm than good.

With recruits, with fans, with everything.

So when people say they have a problem with the guys from matunuck or Jimmy beeron, or whoever - give me those guys over the “fan” who got so drunk on his own “success” the he thinks he’s the main character and everyone should bow down to him.

Quite a fall for this local “fan” - he’s an absolute clown.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
Nailed it. Twitter is probably the best place to gauge fan interest and activity and when you have someone who’s full job is actually disparaging the program under the guise of “being a fan” it does way more harm than good.

So when people say they have a problem with the guys from matunuck or Jimmy beeron, or whoever - give me those guys over the “fan” who got so drunk on his own “success” the he thinks he’s the main character and everyone should bow down to him.

I guess my question is... why?

Is it because Archie/whoever else is connected to the program didn't get him the access he wanted?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

He's a twat.

BlueMan,
How would you say RV disparaging the program has negatively impacted recruiting? Agree wholeheartedly he gives the program a bad look. Any specific recruiting targets in mind?

Why call RV a local fan when he rarely attends any URI events since he lives far away - believe he was in California, then Canada?

How do you think Archie Miller views RV now? Appears to be zero relationship and can’t blame Miller as RV has been brutal on him and the program since he started.

Thought Kenny Johnson was going to do frequent interviews with RV during the season as was announced preseason by RV but did any ever actually occur?

Does this RV animosity towards Miller and the Program ever end?
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

He's a twat.

This. As I’ve always said He’s an enemy of the state. Hooray for Jimmy Beeron and Don Keedick for trying to drown it out.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago It has been a little quiet for us lately, so I thought I would do a little mental masturbation exercise.

After looking at how the A10 teams are coming together so far, I did my "Way Too Early" predictions.
Broken out into 3 tiers (5 teams, no particular order) and subject to change rather quickly:

Yes, I know a long way to go yet, and a lot can happen, but oh well, just a start.
Excellent, Jersey, and timely.

I am with you on your top 5. If Holmes comes back, then Dayton is my clear preseason favorite.

As for us, we still have work to do on the roster to have a shot at the top 5. We are a sleeper team, meaning…we could either catch the top 5 sleeping or put our own fans to sleep. :lol:
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago It has been a little quiet for us lately, so I thought I would do a little mental masturbation exercise.

Excellent, Jersey, and timely.

I am with you on your top 5. If Holmes comes back, then Dayton is my clear preseason favorite.

As for us, we still have work to do on the roster to have a shot at the top 5. We are a sleeper team, meaning…we could either catch the top 5 sleeping or put our own fans to sleep. :lol:
Yes Drums, Dayton should be good regardless but with Holmes they will be nationally ranked.

Again, the A10 will be deep 1-10 and this year I expect us to be very competitive.
Ramfan22
ARD

Jamarii Thomas has flipped his commitment from VCU to South Carolina.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 week ago Jamarii Thomas has flipped his commitment from VCU to South Carolina.
Yep, that was fast.
What the portal gives it takes away even quicker.
This is a $ business.

Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Crazy.

Fans can’t count on much.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 1 week ago Jamarii Thomas has flipped his commitment from VCU to South Carolina.
Yep, that was fast.
This is a $ business.

How does Rhody Vault feel!? Poor VCU! The horror!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yep, that was fast.
This is a $ business.

How does Rhody Vault feel!? Poor VCU! The horror!
His over/under on off season commitments was 2.5....those with the under getting nervous?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bos8 wrote: 1 week ago

Is it because Archie/whoever else is connected to the program didn't get him the access he wanted?
Yes my feelings are once he couldn’t interview Arch then I think he had a personal axe to grind , he can’t get over it !

God forbid we ever get to the big dance , will he give Arch credit then ?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 week ago
Bos8 wrote: 1 week ago

Yes my feelings are once he couldn’t interview Arch then I think he had a personal axe to grind , he can’t get over it !

God forbid we ever get to the big dance , will he give Arch credit then ?
lol, no. it will be 'in spite of' and 'who Arch is talking to about his next job'
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yep, that was fast.
This is a $ business.

As a South Carolina fan, this last minute change wouldn’t feel great either.
GO RAMS
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Good point, 05. For an SC fan, one is happy but, in the back of their mind, there is an uneasiness? Like, what if he changes his mind again? Is his commitment final this time?

Also, I am starting to wonder how these young men will handle the fallout if they play poorly and the team doesn’t meet expectations.

Obviously, the players that are getting paid 10’s of thousands of dollars AND meet or exceed expectations will be fine. But for the ones that do not; man, things can potentially get really, really ugly on multiple levels involving multiple parties, imho.

Is there enough maturity to handle the inevitable ups and downs?
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago Good point, 05. For an SC fan, one is happy but, in the back of their mind, there is an uneasiness? Like, what if he changes his mind again? Is his commitment final this time?

Also, I am starting to wonder how these young men will handle the fallout if they play poorly and the team doesn’t meet expectations.

Obviously, the players that are getting paid 10’s of thousands of dollars AND meet or exceed expectations will be fine. But for the ones that do not; man, things can potentially get really, really ugly on multiple levels involving multiple parties, imho.

Is there enough maturity to handle the inevitable ups and downs?
I’m concerned about some fans getting ugly with the players now that they’re getting paid. It will happen somewhere for sure. Attitude being since they’re getting paid you can say whatever you want to them.