2024 NCAA/NIT Post Season Tournaments - All Things

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

2024 NCAA/NIT Post Season Tournaments - All Things

Unread post by ramster »

Jay Bilas picks every single game in the 2024 men's NCAA basketball tournament

He picks both Dayton and Duquesne to lose their 1st game

No. 7 DAYTON vs. No. 10 NEVADA

DAYTON FLYERS: The Flyers have a true star and All-American in DaRon Holmes II. Holmes does it all, averaging more than 20 points, 8 rebounds and almost 3 assists. The Flyers make almost 10 3s per game and can win at a fast or slower tempo. Aside from a double-digit loss to Houston, Dayton has been competitive in every game. Dayton shoots almost 41% from deep, top five in the nation.

X factor: Koby Brea. Brea is one of the best shooters in the country. He averages 11 points per game and hits almost three deep bombs per game. Brea shoots almost 50% from deep on the season and had hit 89 3s going into the Atlantic 10 tournament.

Upset potential: Medium. Dayton will be a tough out because it has a true star in Holmes and solid pieces around him. Six players hit more than 24 3s in the regular season, with four guys hitting more than 40.

NEVADA WOLF PACK: The Wolf Pack are a solid defensive team that has multiple scorers. Nevada is led by All-Mountain West trio Kenan Blackshear, Jarod Lucas and Nick Davidson, all of whom average double-figure points, and All-MWC defensive team wing Tre Coleman. Lucas, a transfer guard from Oregon State, averages more than 17 points and is the best perimeter shooter, hitting 77 3-point field goals on the year. Davidson is the top rebounder and offensive rebounder, and Coleman leads in steals. Nevada gets to the foul line, but the Wolf Pack can be vulnerable on the glass to bigger teams. This is a high-assist, low-turnover squad.

X factor: Hunter McIntosh. The senior did not play in the MWC tournament because of a sore knee. He can knock down 3s, and ranks second behind Lucas with 44 made in only 17 minutes per game.

Upset potential: Medium.

WINNER: Nevada. The Mountain West has disappointed in past years, but Nevada has a very good backcourt, I am taking the Wolf Pack.

No. 6 BYU vs. No. 11 DUQUESNE

BYU COUGARS: The Cougars are really, really good. In its first season in the Big 12, BYU was simply fantastic. This is a terrific offensive team with great shooting, cutting and passing. BYU plays "five out" spread offense that puts defenders and opposing big guys in tough positions. BYU has seven players who had hit 27 or more 3-point field goals heading into the Big 12 tournament, and five players who had hit 40 or more. Trevin Knell is one of the best shooters in the country, and BYU's best player, Jason Robinson is the leading scorer, yet comes off the bench. BYU hits more than 11 3s per game and outrebounds its opponents by an average of 6.7 per game.

X factor: Fousseyni Traore. He is a strong, sturdy big man who can score, rebound and pass. He is capable of going for 20 or more, which he has done multiple times. In fact, nine different Cougars have hit the 20-point mark in a game this year. This team is balanced and capable.

Upset potential: The Cougars can upset a bigger big shot but will be beaten by a little guy only if they don't shoot it well. With so many shooters, someone is usually hitting.

DUQUESNE DUKES: The Atlantic 10 champs got off to an 0-5 start in conference play, but they finished with a flourish by winning 14 of their final 17 games against league foes, including in the A-10 tourney. The backcourt of Dae Dae Grant and Jimmy Clark III carries the mail for the Dukes. They combine for 32 points per game and don't come off the court much. Keith Dambrot's team hangs its hat on defense and grit, as Duquesne has held five of its past seven opponents to 60 points or fewer.

X factor: The frontcourt. While the star guards do the heavy lifting, whether the Dukes can pull an upset may depend on the contributions they get from the rotation of active bigs, particularly on the defensive glass.

WINNER: BYU. This game is a nooner on Thursday in Omaha. Early games seem to provide more upsets. Because the Cougars put up points in a hurry, I like BYU in this one. Duquesne can defend, but BYU's five-out offense is a lot to deal with.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... tournament
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 2024 NCAA/NIT Post Season Tournaments - All Things

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago Jay Bilas picks every single game in the 2024 men's NCAA basketball tournament

He picks both Dayton and Duquesne to lose their 1st game

No. 7 DAYTON vs. No. 10 NEVADA

DAYTON FLYERS: The Flyers have a true star and All-American in DaRon Holmes II. Holmes does it all, averaging more than 20 points, 8 rebounds and almost 3 assists. The Flyers make almost 10 3s per game and can win at a fast or slower tempo. Aside from a double-digit loss to Houston, Dayton has been competitive in every game. Dayton shoots almost 41% from deep, top five in the nation.

X factor: Koby Brea. Brea is one of the best shooters in the country. He averages 11 points per game and hits almost three deep bombs per game. Brea shoots almost 50% from deep on the season and had hit 89 3s going into the Atlantic 10 tournament.

Upset potential: Medium. Dayton will be a tough out because it has a true star in Holmes and solid pieces around him. Six players hit more than 24 3s in the regular season, with four guys hitting more than 40.

NEVADA WOLF PACK: The Wolf Pack are a solid defensive team that has multiple scorers. Nevada is led by All-Mountain West trio Kenan Blackshear, Jarod Lucas and Nick Davidson, all of whom average double-figure points, and All-MWC defensive team wing Tre Coleman. Lucas, a transfer guard from Oregon State, averages more than 17 points and is the best perimeter shooter, hitting 77 3-point field goals on the year. Davidson is the top rebounder and offensive rebounder, and Coleman leads in steals. Nevada gets to the foul line, but the Wolf Pack can be vulnerable on the glass to bigger teams. This is a high-assist, low-turnover squad.

X factor: Hunter McIntosh. The senior did not play in the MWC tournament because of a sore knee. He can knock down 3s, and ranks second behind Lucas with 44 made in only 17 minutes per game.

WINNER: Nevada. The Mountain West has disappointed in past years, but Nevada has a very good backcourt, I am taking the Wolf Pack.

No. 6 BYU vs. No. 11 DUQUESNE

BYU COUGARS: The Cougars are really, really good. In its first season in the Big 12, BYU was simply fantastic. This is a terrific offensive team with great shooting, cutting and passing. BYU plays "five out" spread offense that puts defenders and opposing big guys in tough positions. BYU has seven players who had hit 27 or more 3-point field goals heading into the Big 12 tournament, and five players who had hit 40 or more. Trevin Knell is one of the best shooters in the country, and BYU's best player, Jason Robinson is the leading scorer, yet comes off the bench. BYU hits more than 11 3s per game and outrebounds its opponents by an average of 6.7 per game.

X factor: Fousseyni Traore. He is a strong, sturdy big man who can score, rebound and pass. He is capable of going for 20 or more, which he has done multiple times. In fact, nine different Cougars have hit the 20-point mark in a game this year. This team is balanced and capable.

Upset potential: The Cougars can upset a bigger big shot but will be beaten by a little guy only if they don't shoot it well. With so many shooters, someone is usually hitting.

DUQUESNE DUKES: The Atlantic 10 champs got off to an 0-5 start in conference play, but they finished with a flourish by winning 14 of their final 17 games against league foes, including in the A-10 tourney. The backcourt of Dae Dae Grant and Jimmy Clark III carries the mail for the Dukes. They combine for 32 points per game and don't come off the court much. Keith Dambrot's team hangs its hat on defense and grit, as Duquesne has held five of its past seven opponents to 60 points or fewer.

X factor: The frontcourt. While the star guards do the heavy lifting, whether the Dukes can pull an upset may depend on the contributions they get from the rotation of active bigs, particularly on the defensive glass.

WINNER: BYU. This game is a nooner on Thursday in Omaha. Early games seem to provide more upsets. Because the Cougars put up points in a hurry, I like BYU in this one. Duquesne can defend, but BYU's five-out offense is a lot to deal with.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... tournament
That’s a really good 7 v 10 I’m picking Dayton in a close game
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just seems odd to have Portal open before the NCAA Tournament finishes, never mind before it even begins for 68 teams in NCAA plus NIT
Strange to announce when your team is in the Dance. But them are the rules

3 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Aside from UConn (Andre, Malik, assorted coaches), other URI staff connections in the tournament include Preston Murphy (Alabama), Daniel Marshall (San Diego State), and Jerrell Coleman (Saint Peter’s).
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

You know what's been funny to me?

Almost every "expert" is expecting things to go chalk. ESPN, fox, CBS, all of their brackets are super predictable.

On sports radio I hear "I think this will be the chalkiest bracket in a while"

On reddit "with all those conference tournaments I expect there won't be as many upsets"

I feel like I'm in the f'n twilight zone

You know what college basketball has proven all year?

That absolutely nothing makes sense and that will continue. Things will continue to not make sense.

Chalk....is already doomed 😈
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Every top team has stumbled a few times this season.

Even UConn threw in a stinker against Creighton.

I expect multiple upsets. The ones who are predicting all 4 one seeds to make the FF are definitely smoking something good.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago You know what's been funny to me?

Almost every "expert" is expecting things to go chalk. ESPN, fox, CBS, all of their brackets are super predictable.

On sports radio I hear "I think this will be the chalkiest bracket in a while"

On reddit "with all those conference tournaments I expect there won't be as many upsets"

I feel like I'm in the f'n twilight zone

You know what college basketball has proven all year?

That absolutely nothing makes sense and that will continue. Things will continue to not make sense.

Chalk....is already doomed 😈
The more player movement there is, I think the closer in quality the teams get. It holds for pro sports, so I think it would apply to college athletics too.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

LOL. Watching this play in game. Seth Towns is 26 years old and in his 8th year of college.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago LOL. Watching this play in game. Seth Towns is 26 years old and in his 8th year of college.
Pretty ridiculous, but also kinda the dream.
0 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
theblueram wrote: 1 month ago LOL. Watching this play in game. Seth Towns is 26 years old and in his 8th year of college.
The days of 18-22 year old amateur student athletes are over. we now have professional adult mercenaries that are on one year job assignments with schools.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago
The days of 18-22 year old amateur student athletes are over. we now have professional adult mercenaries that are on one year job assignments with schools.
Isn’t that temporary though RF1?
We are still in the Covid Bonus Era until the Freshmen and Sophomores complete their 5 years.

Plus with no sit out rule anymore players will transfer like crazy as we see but they will not sit out. So we should get back to 18-22, right?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wagner beats Howard by 2 points in the match up of 16-seeds. 1st NCAA win for Wagner ever

Colorado State from the Mountain West beating the Packline and Virginia 27-14 at halftime. Lowest halftime point total of 14 by Virginia in the NCAA Tournament since 2019
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

UVA just reaaaaaly struggles to score lol
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice job selection committee, most of us here questioned why UVA got a bid !

Packline defense shredded , they shooting 25 % field and 50 % line sounds like Rhody !
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The NIT results tonight are not helping all the Big East sycophants that have been crying about not getting more NCAA bids. All three BE teams that played today lost, even with the advantage of having two of the games on their home courts.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago The NIT results tonight are not helping all the Big East sycophants that have been crying about not getting more NCAA bids. All three BE teams that played today lost, even with the advantage of having two of the games on their home courts.
Butler and Xavier not even close to the bubble, they are irrelevant to the conversation.

PC without two starters, including Big East POY, All American and first round pick in Carter.

I know everyone hates the Big East, but try not to be completely bias here. Provide at least some context.
2 x
Go Rhody
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

NCAA bubble teams also frequently don't perform well in the NIT because players are not motivated after the letdown of missing the only tournament they really cared about. A loss in the NIT — even a bad one — is not indicative of whether a team deserved to be in the NCAA tournament field or not.

In this case, I still think the selection committee was right to leave PC out of the NCAA field (they had four road wins all season, one more than URI). But I don't think their loss tonight justifies that decision.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 1 month ago NCAA bubble teams also frequently don't perform well in the NIT because players are not motivated after the letdown of missing the only tournament they really cared about. A loss in the NIT — even a bad one — is not indicative of whether a team deserved to be in the NCAA tournament field or not.

In this case, I still think the selection committee was right to leave PC out of the NCAA field (they had four road wins all season, one more than URI). But I don't think their loss tonight justifies that decision.
Spot on 100%.

Seton Hall was clearly the biggest snub. St Johns a little behind them, PC way behind both SH and St John’s.
1 x
Go Rhody
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 1 month ago NCAA bubble teams also frequently don't perform well in the NIT because players are not motivated after the letdown of missing the only tournament they really cared about. A loss in the NIT — even a bad one — is not indicative of whether a team deserved to be in the NCAA tournament field or not.

Spot on 100%.

Seton Hall was clearly the biggest snub. St Johns a little behind them, PC way behind both SH and St John’s.
I'll agree Seton Hall definitely had biggest beef I personally thought PC deserved over St John's but neither really deserved it. PC had 6 quad 1 to StJohns 3 St John's also had a bad loss to Michigan.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

UVA didn’t really deserve a bid NET 54 and 2-7 Q1

Indiana St u would have liked to see in there !
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I looked through Virginia’s schedule, and they got blown out a lot, I think SH was more deserving.
0 x
GO RAMS
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Wagner hasn’t run a real practice since December and only have 7 guys available to play (not a 7 man rotation, 7 total healthy players). They still went out and won their conference tournament and their first four game. I guess someone forgot to tell them that college basketball is awful and has been ruined and that they should just wallow in despair. Congrats Seahawks and Coach Copeland (shout out to Jersey City, St. Anthony, and Seton Hall)!
3 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago I know everyone hates the Big East, but try not to be completely bias here. Provide at least some context.
Biased? Damn right. If two little kids were shooting marbles on the sidewalk and one of them was wearing mental-hospital gear, I'd root like hell for the other.
4 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 1 month ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago I know everyone hates the Big East, but try not to be completely bias here. Provide at least some context.
Biased? Damn right. If two little kids were shooting marbles on the sidewalk and one of them was wearing mental-hospital gear, I'd root like hell for the other.
Cool story man, congrats.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I know we would all take this deal in Kingston!

1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 1 month ago I know we would all take this deal in Kingston!

It is kind of shocking how quickly Bennett has gone from "national champion" to "this shit doesn't work in the playoffs." They've gotten to the ACC tournament finals and semifinals - but haven't won - in that time frame, so it's not likely Bennett is completely crapping the bed in single-elimination games. By Kenpom, Virginia's offense in recent years has been ranked 211, 72, 85 and 17. Random events can lump non-randomly, so maybe he'll be completely fine next year and all of this will seem silly when they make a Final Four run or something.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Go Grambling! Nice comeback win.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago Go Grambling! Nice comeback win.
Lost me 5 dollars 🤬

Montana State refused to call a timeout and completely blew a huge lead ugghh
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bobcats collapsed led by 14 !
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

VCU underdogs by 8.5 at 1-seed Villanova wins 70-61 in NIT

VCU will play South Florida next
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This Colorado team is tough they have 3 guys probably will be drafted in the top 30

DaSilva and Simpson are terrific
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 1 month ago This Colorado team is tough they have 3 guys probably will be drafted in the top 30

DaSilva and Simpson are terrific
Was pulling for Boise St, but Colorado can make a run with those guys and Lampkin. Especially since FL's center broke his leg. Ripe for the pickin
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

4 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Big East in the NIT: 1-4
0 x
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago Big East in the NIT: 1-4
With all but one of those NIT games (X at Georgia) being on a BE home court.

A-10 is not much better at 1-3. All four NIT games were however on the road.

The conferences had two NIT games against one another on BE campuses where they split.

Based on these results, an argument could be made that the middle of both leagues may have actually been somewhat similar this season. The main difference between these teams may just be that the A-10 office, coaches, fans, and some media members did not throw a fit and contend their teams belonged in the NCAA.
Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Villanova should fire Neptune, he is atrocious.

Team had plenty of talent and stunk this year.

3 million in NIL money for a one and done NIT birth.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago Big East in the NIT: 1-4
With all but one of those games (X at Georgia) being on a BE home court.

A-10 is not much better at 1-3. All four games were however on the road.

The conferences had two games against one another on BE campuses where they split.

Based on these results, an argument could be made that the middle of both leagues may have actually been somewhat similar this season. The main difference between these teams may just be that the A-10 office, coaches, fans, and some media members did not throw a fit and contend their teams belonged in the NCAA.
I guess it depends on how much value you put into the NET and eye test.

The BE has 9 teams with an under 70 ranking and 5 teams under 50.
On the other hand, the A10 with only 1 team under 70 and 50.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago Villanova should fire Neptune, he is atrocious.

Team had plenty of talent and stunk this year.

3 million in NIL money for a one and done NIT birth.
2 seasons at Villanova without a winning conference record.

His seat is definitely hot, but I don't think they get rid of him right now.
1 x
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

I plan on parking my ass at the Mews after work and watching all of these games!! #trust #march

Can’t wait to sweat out the next Rhody run in March.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

blast from the past:

1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago The NIT results tonight are not helping all the Big East sycophants that have been crying about not getting more NCAA bids. All three BE teams that played today lost, even with the advantage of having two of the games on their home courts.
Butler and Xavier not even close to the bubble, they are irrelevant to the conversation.

PC without two starters, including Big East POY, All American and first round pick in Carter.

I know everyone hates the Big East, but try not to be completely bias here. Provide at least some context.
Of course here comes PC15, I mean Rhody15 defending the Big East. I do not hate the Big East, but it was very top heavy this year and the middle teams benefitted from having four wins gifted to them by DePaul and Georgetown. That is 20% of the BE games. There was nobody in the A10 as bad as these two teams. Oh wait I guess we were as bad as Georgetown but that is in a 15 team league, not an 11 team league.

Agree about PC not having their best player. If he plays, they win that game but BC is not very good either.

A10 one and one against the Big East number 1 seeds in the Tournament, both on the road. Frankly they should have won both. And they would have won both if they were played at home. These two A10 teams finished 5th (VCU) and 9th (ST Joes) in the A10 and were playing two Big East teams that finished 4th (Seton Hall) and 6th (Villanova) in the Big East. Spin it anyway you want but those are the facts. But I see you are not happy with these results and are blasting Neptune in a later post.

But here is the rub, the A10 has many good teams (more so than many fans of this site give it credit for) but no very good teams that are a threat in the NCAA's. By the time I get home from work tonight, the A10 will be out of the tournament in all likelihood. That is the problem, the A10 has not made much noise in the NCAA's in many years. I do not expect that to change this year. And damn, I wish one of these games were tomorrow or at least later on tonight but here we are.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

4Diffs wrote: 1 month ago

Of course here comes PC15, I mean Rhody15 defending the Big East. I do not hate the Big East, but it was very top heavy this year and the middle teams benefitted from having four wins gifted to them by DePaul and Georgetown. That is 20% of the BE games. There was nobody in the A10 as bad as these two teams. Oh wait I guess we were as bad as Georgetown but that is in a 15 team league, not an 11 team league.

Agree about PC not having their best player. If he plays, they win that game but BC is not very good either.

A10 one and one against the Big East number 1 seeds in the Tournament, both on the road. Frankly they should have won both. And they would have won both if they were played at home. These two A10 teams finished 5th (VCU) and 9th (ST Joes) in the A10 and were playing two Big East teams that finished 4th (Seton Hall) and 6th (Villanova) in the Big East. Spin it anyway you want but those are the facts. But I see you are not happy with these results and are blasting Neptune in a later post.

But here is the rub, the A10 has many good teams (more so than many fans of this site give it credit for) but no very good teams that are a threat in the NCAA's. By the time I get home from work tonight, the A10 will be out of the tournament in all likelihood. That is the problem, the A10 has not made much noise in the NCAA's in many years. I do not expect that to change this year. And damn, I wish one of these games were tomorrow or at least later on tonight but here we are.
Sorry for looking at that post neutrally instead of with a ridiculous bias.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago blast from the past:

Thanks for posting this , incredible memories from the 88 and 98 runs

The Silk wrap around steal and the coast to coast against Mizzou is one of the best plays ever !
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

4Diffs, 1-1 or .500 is excellent. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the spin. Fans of programs and conferences will justify, spin and defend.

Unfortunately, the A10 hasn’t produced key OOC wins when it matters most.

That said, the key is for the A10 to duplicate that .500 win percentage - or close to it - against power conf teams in the OOC portion of the schedule in the future despite having to accomplish it on the road or at neutral sites and with fewer opportunities.

It’s a big, big task but that should be the collective goal (or at least one of them) of the A10 or the conference will be stuck at 1-2 NCAAT bids going forward.

Like Jersey has said, the A10 coaches need to up their game. And, I will add, they need to do it despite the game board being tipped in the favor of the power conferences - which has always been the case covertly.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Duquesne pitching a shutout up 7-0. 1541
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Duquesne whooping their Mormon ass right now.

7-0 15:41 1st half

Duquesne is waaaaay quicker, more athletic and tougher thus far.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Agreed,PRT.

Duq couldn’t ask for a better start.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 month ago Agreed,PRT.

They capitalized a little more and they are blowing them out
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago

I didn’t expect it. That is what happens when you listen to TV talking heads whose employers contract with and primarily cover power conferences. The “experts” suffer from familiarity bias and I fall into their trap at times.

But, Duq is on a roll, peaking at the right time and playing hard for their coach. They belong on this stage with a Big 12 team.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 month ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago

I didn’t expect it. That is what happens when you listen to TV talking heads whose employers contract with and primarily cover power conferences. The “experts” suffer from familiarity bias and I fall into their trap at times.

But, Duq is on a roll, peaking at the right time and playing hard for their coach.
Exactly.

Even the MTN west teams. Like Colorado St vs UVA was a mismatch. They refuse to imagine that mid majors have good teams. This BYU team is slow as molasses.
0 x