How much does Oak View Group 360 contribute to the Collective?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

How much does Oak View Group 360 contribute to the Collective?

Unread post by theblueram »

Oak View Group 360 manages the Ryan Center. How much does this company contribute each year to the Collective? They manage over 400 facilities and profit off of URI Basketball. People are asking fans to pay for basketball players. Out of our own pockets. Welp, I want to see how much the folks making a profit off of URI Hoops pay before I do.
2 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Re: How much does Oak View Group 360 contribute to the Collective?

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I'm not sure requiring vendors to contribute to the collective is legal or good practice. I think fans who watch and have the means to contribute should though!
7 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

They manage the Ryan Center and make a profit off basketball. And charge us $14 a beer. They need to cough up some dough.
3 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I agree with the premise that those who profit off the sport should be the ones who pay. Not add to the cost for the fans.
Last edited by RIFan 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago Oak View Group 360 manages the Ryan Center. How much does this company contribute each year to the Collective? They manage over 400 facilities and profit off of URI Basketball. People are asking fans to pay for basketball players. Out of our own pockets. Welp, I want to see how much the folks making a profit off of URI Hoops pay before I do.
If people don’t donate to NIL, they really can’t complain if we have bad players now.

No money - bad players

Money - better players

Simple as that.
7 x
Go Rhody
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

If multi millionaires and billionaires with tons of disposable income want to make themselves feel important and pay college kids to play for their team, go for it. Whatever floats your boat. I guess it’s cheaper than buying a team.

BTW, I don’t think that is the case at schools such as URI, I believe our large supporters are just trying to keep us relevant in these crazy times.
Last edited by RIFan 1 month ago, edited 5 times in total.
2 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

$0.00
1 x
:lol:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago$0.00
Wow, tough guy!

Don’t be bitching then when we don’t have good players, deal?
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RIFan wrote: 1 month ago I agree with the premise that those who profit off the sport should be the ones who pay. Not add to the cost for the fans.
"Pay"...lol, I thought this was about players getting their 'fair share of the (already existing) pie.'
I can't believe the original 'pie' concept in this equation included you and me spending x$ a month more on top of season tix, like, they had to have some other pie in mind, didn't they? And, if they did, how does THIS help them get ANY of THAT? Aren't we all just now trying to make a new pie, off to the side, that some people/players might light like? Seems like a go fund me
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
Wow, tough guy!

Hey, fuck you. Tough guy.

The question was asked how much does the management group give back to the program.

I answered $0

Try to keep up, dunce.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago
Wow, tough guy!

Hey, fuck you. Tough guy.

The question was asked how much does the management group give back to the program.

I answered $0

Try to keep up, dunce.
It was said semi tongue in cheek but can always count on you to tell people to fuck off!
0 x
Go Rhody
JimmyBeeron
Jim Eitner

Unread post by JimmyBeeron »

Brick by brick. I spend $25 a month on much worse things. So, I’ll hop on board.
4 x
Don_Keedick
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Don_Keedick »

JimmyBeeron wrote: 1 month ago Brick by brick. I spend $25 a month on much worse things. So, I’ll hop on board.
I knew I liked this guy! #gorhody
1 x
Ed Cooley is a pervert!
Don_Keedick
Frenchy Tomlin

You must be used to getting blue balls! You may be better off being a fan of George Washington if you want a bum organization that bad!
1 x
Ed Cooley is a pervert!
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Don_Keedick wrote: 1 month ago
You must be used to getting blue balls! You may be better off being a fan of George Washington if you want a bum organization that bad!
Another one slow on the uptake.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The idea of the group managing the facility - a vendor - donating to support hoops, is quite laughable. I'd had a couple 🍺 last night and wasn't sure. But, on wake up, and after ☕....yeah....silly idea.
4 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I would hope that the people who complain the most are also the ones putting up some dough. This is like the people who complain about their kids rec league but don't volunteer, or people who complain about their local elected officials but don't vote. If you have the means and your entire premise for not contributing is because you want a vendor to do it first, then I really don't value your opinion.
3 x
Don_Keedick
Frenchy Tomlin

Alright, tough guy! Care to explain then?
0 x
Ed Cooley is a pervert!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Handle/signature... Names self after equine genitalia and calls someone else a perv. Nice
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago Oak View Group 360 manages the Ryan Center. How much does this company contribute each year to the Collective? They manage over 400 facilities and profit off of URI Basketball. People are asking fans to pay for basketball players. Out of our own pockets. Welp, I want to see how much the folks making a profit off of URI Hoops pay before I do.
If people don’t donate to NIL, they really can’t complain if we have bad players now.

No money - bad players

Money - better players

Simple as that.
There are going to be a lot of current fans, maybe not the die-hards but the casual fans (which teams like URI need desperately), that just stop watching at all, if teams like URI can't attract good enough players to win. It's a slippery slope and probably a death spiral for a lot of programs the way it is (not well) set up currently.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

cut and pasted from my previous post a quick scroll up...

"The question was asked how much does the management group give back to the program.

I answered $0

Try to keep up, dunce."

get bent, tough guy.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 1 month ago I would hope that the people who complain the most are also the ones putting up some dough. This is like the people who complain about their kids rec league but don't volunteer, or people who complain about their local elected officials but don't vote. If you have the means and your entire premise for not contributing is because you want a vendor to do it first, then I really don't value your opinion.
+1000

“We don’t have good enough players”
“Yeah, but the cool thing is that if we all give like $0.75 a day we could literally field a really good team.”
“That’s absurd, why doesn’t a vendor that has no emotional connection to my favorite basketball team give some of their money first!?”

….

“This is bullshit why don’t we have any good players, damn you Archie!”
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

8jcvrl.jpg
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Thing is I’m not 100% in on saying we had “bad players” Lack of chemistry sure. “Bad” is oversimplifying methinks. IMO we had multiple legit D1 players.

The results should have been much better.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We can complain all we want about the current pay to play situation, but it's really simple.

If we can't or won't pay then we can't get the players we need and we will continue to suck.

Maybe things will change down the road (I like most hope they do) but until then we have to play the game.

So donate damn it!
3 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago8jcvrl.jpg
This is so backwards. What happened to just having a rooting interest in a team/school? Why are we being asked to financially back the team? Like someone said, the Boston Celtics don’t ask for donations.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not Mike Powell wrote: 1 month ago
This is so backwards. What happened to just having a rooting interest in a team/school? Why are we being asked to financially back the team? Like someone said, the Boston Celtics don’t ask for donations.
Because it's the age of "Gim Me Dat Cash and I Don't Give a Ratsy where it came from, just produce it."
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

LOL

Yeah well WE ARENT THE CELTICS

NIL is the most direct way regular fans like us can help our team get talent and win games!

Get with the PROGRAM Mike Powell!
2 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 month ago
LOL

Yeah well WE ARENT THE CELTICS

NIL is the most direct way regular fans like us can help our team get talent and win games!

Get with the PROGRAM Mike Powell!
Our coach makes $1.5 million. Is he doing his part to help out?
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

The funny thing is that we've always been asked to "financially back the team" by donating to the school. Most never did that either, and then everyone wondered why other schools had better facilities than us and then in turn better players.

The Boston Celtics made $443 million last year.

The athletic department, like 95% of athletic departments and 100% of athletic departments that do not have football, lost money. It's still a state institution.

You can for sure just have a rooting interest in the school. Most of our fanbase has just had a rooting interest to the school and refused to commit any dollars to it as well. That's completely fair.

It's just illogical to have the "I'm not giving them any money" stance while simultaneously holding the "it's bullshit that we aren't good" stance.

Be a fan however you want to be a fan. But don't complain that we're not meeting your performance expectations when you actively refuse to do the thing that would help us perform better.
5 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago
The funny thing is that we've always been asked to "financially back the team" by donating to the school. Most never did that either, and then everyone wondered why other schools had better facilities than us and then in turn better players.

The athletic department, like 95% of athletic departments and 100% of athletic departments that do not have football, lost money. It's still a state institution.

You can for sure just have a rooting interest in the school. Most of our fanbase has just had a rooting interest to the school and refused to commit any dollars to it as well. That's completely fair.

It's just illogical to have the "I'm not giving them any money" stance while simultaneously holding the "it's bullshit that we aren't good" stance.

Be a fan however you want to be a fan. But don't complain that we're not meeting your performance expectations when you actively refuse to do the thing that would help us perform better.
Regardless of my financial contribution other than being a season ticket holder and schlepping 50 minutes each way every game, I reserve the right to complain if the team I'm rooting for is not representing my Alma mater by playing hard consistently. I hate the current landscape, but unfortunately I am a loyalist to the nth degree and expect the players wearing the rhody blue laundry to play their hardest on a consistent basis. Especially now that they expect to be paid. This team failed miserably in that aspect. With what's happening at the A10 tournament, they had the talent to do some damage there.
7 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

ram1980 wrote: 1 month ago

Regardless of my financial contribution other than being a season ticket holder and schlepping 50 minutes each way every game, I reserve the right to complain if the team I'm rooting for is not representing my Alma mater by playing hard consistently. I hate the current landscape, but unfortunately I am a loyalist to the nth degree and expect the players wearing the rhody blue laundry to play their hardest on a consistent basis. Especially now that they expect to be paid. This team failed miserably in that aspect. With what's happening at the A10 tournament, they had the talent to do some damage there.
Yep good post A 10 was ripe for the plucking.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Yep good post A 10 was ripe for the plucking.
0 x
BattleTested
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BattleTested »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago They manage the Ryan Center and make a profit off basketball. And charge us $14 a beer. They need to cough up some dough.
They manage the Ryan Center because URI pays them to do so. If URI told them they needed to pay, OVG would just leave and the RC would fall apart because URI doesn’t have the resources to manage it themselves.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yeah our fanbase is wildly maddening sometimes. We lead the league in complainers. Best in the country.
4 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

100%
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

BattleTested wrote: 1 month ago
theblueram wrote: 1 month ago They manage the Ryan Center and make a profit off basketball. And charge us $14 a beer. They need to cough up some dough.
They manage the Ryan Center because URI pays them to do so. If URI told them they needed to pay, OVG would just leave and the RC would fall apart because URI doesn’t have the resources to manage it themselves.
go across the parking lot and see Boss, which is managed by (checks notes).. oh here it is, OVG 360.
1 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

I can complain whenever and however I want. By those standards, the only people that should be really upset are Tom Ryan and Stefan Soloviev.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

BattleTested wrote: 1 month ago
URI pulls in over $400M a year in tuition. The students pay exorbitant athletic fees to pay for the Ryan Center. I said before, put a $5 NIL fee on every ticket if that's what it takes. With a half filled RC, that's $350K. A full RC and that's $700K. I thought this was about athletes not getting any benefit from the NCAA money? How much does URI take in from the NCAAT? Send that money to the collective. How much did URI make on the Marriot/Bonvoy commercial using Rhody? Send that to the collective. As Giants fan said, it seems we are making a whole nother pie to pay the student athletes. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PIE THAT THEY WANTED A PIECE OF IN THE FIRST PLACE????????????
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Since the success of a team now depends on donations from fans, the teams with the more rabid fan bases will always be the better teams. A team like Dayton averages 13,000 some fans. If one third of them donate, they're getting donations from 4300 fans or so. We average 4000 fans. If one third of us donate, we are getting donations from about 1300 fans. Looking at it that way, we don't stand a chance.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Since the success of a team now depends on donations from fans, the teams with the more rabid fan bases will always be the better teams. A team like Dayton averages 13,000 some fans. If one third of them donate, they're getting donations from 4300 fans or so. We average 4000 fans. If one third of us donate, we are getting donations from about 1300 fans. Looking at it that way, we don't stand a chance.
1/3? LMAO. The real fan bases like Dayton and VCU require donations to get access season tickets. So they all donate. And some donate more on top of that.

Everyone that complains here has no idea how cheap our entertainment is...and then has the balls to complain about that expense, and decries the idea of having to also donate to the program on top of that.

Of the programs that we want to be in line with...take a look at VCU. https://vcuathletics.com/sports/2021/3/ ... ewals.aspx

Their "upper sideline" which I would have to imagine corresponds with sections 304-306 in the Ryan Center, is $600 per seat. Ours are between $325 and $425. Before you can even pay that ticket though, you have to donate $750 per seat per year.

Yet, our fans are INSENSED at the idea that because they pay cheap ass season ticket prices, that giving literally pocket change to the basketball team the purportedly care about is out of the question.

URI has always been behind because this fanbase is woefully behind. As a group, we do not get it. That's why the few of us on here that do have to write these long ass soliloquys to try and explain it.

Those programs that always seem to be good are the same programs that are constantly supported by their fanbases. It's always been that way. Why are Dayton and VCU consistently at the top of the A10? Because they're at the top of the A10 when it comes to fundraising and donations.

Like to people think it's a coincidence that the programs that are good stay good, and they happen to be the same programs that have the most in donations from their fans?

Why does URI have periods of despair and then brief moments of glory, only to be followed by despair? Because our fans require performance to donate, not understanding that the donations always precede the performance. And then when we do get a good performance, everyone sneers that giving additional money outside of tickets is bullshit and Jim Harrick recruited Lamar from a trailer so why do we need to give money to the program?
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Since the success of a team now depends on donations from fans, the teams with the more rabid fan bases will always be the better teams. A team like Dayton averages 13,000 some fans. If one third of them donate, they're getting donations from 4300 fans or so. We average 4000 fans. If one third of us donate, we are getting donations from about 1300 fans. Looking at it that way, we don't stand a chance.
1/3? LMAO. The real fan bases like Dayton and VCU require donations to get access season tickets. So they all donate. And some donate more on top of that.

Everyone that complains here has no idea how cheap our entertainment is...and then has the balls to complain about that expense, and decries the idea of having to also donate to the program on top of that.

Of the programs that we want to be in line with...take a look at VCU. https://vcuathletics.com/sports/2021/3/ ... ewals.aspx

Their "upper sideline" which I would have to imagine corresponds with sections 304-306 in the Ryan Center, is $600 per seat. Ours are between $325 and $425. Before you can even pay that ticket though, you have to donate $750 per seat per year.

Yet, our fans are INSENSED at the idea that because they pay cheap ass season ticket prices, that giving literally pocket change to the basketball team the purportedly care about is out of the question.

URI has always been behind because this fanbase is woefully behind. As a group, we do not get it. That's why the few of us on here that do have to write these long ass soliloquys to try and explain it.

Those programs that always seem to be good are the same programs that are constantly supported by their fanbases. It's always been that way. Why are Dayton and VCU consistently at the top of the A10? Because they're at the top of the A10 when it comes to fundraising and donations.

Like to people think it's a coincidence that the programs that are good stay good, and they happen to be the same programs that have the most in donations from their fans?

Why does URI have periods of despair and then brief moments of glory, only to be followed by despair? Because our fans require performance to donate, not understanding that the donations always precede the performance. And then when we do get a good performance, everyone sneers that giving additional money outside of tickets is bullshit and Jim Harrick recruited Lamar from a trailer so why do we need to give money to the program?
BlueMan, my seats cost about $850. I give enough to be in the Alumni lounge. Now I have to pay for players? Just seems weird to me.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I was being kind by saying 1/3. That was just an example to show how far behind we are. It's a lot worse than that. My point is they have much bigger and better fan bases than we do. They will always have a lot more money to spend on buying better players. And with our massive decline in success the past few years, I imagine the amount of rabid fans (like most of us here) is dwindling. Now it's a catch-22. You can't be good unless you're a rabid fan base. You can't have a rabid fan base unless you're good (that last part has always been the case here).
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Outside the diehards, our fans want the performance without paying for it.

The cart before the horse.

As BM just said, it doesn't work that way. But we keep trying!
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago Outside the diehards, our fans want the performance without paying for it.

If you can't afford beyond season tix, should you cancel those and give the $ to the collective instead? What's more beneficial to the program? (Asking for a friend)
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago Outside the diehards, our fans want the performance without paying for it.

I thought the issue is all the money the NCAA makes and the players don't get any of it????? Where the hell is that money????? What other source of money do the players want? Go Fund Me donations?
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

No. If Ihave to I will shake out the couch cushions, car console, etc to scrape together the season tickets(2).
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago

I thought the issue is all the money the NCAA makes and the players don't get any of it????? Where the hell is that money????? What other source of money do the players want? Go Fund Me donations?
Ding. Ding. Ding. "Go Collective Me" = "Group Go Fund Me"
"That" money, that the players were rightly deserving of, and still are, is not coming near the players.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago

If you can't afford beyond season tix, should you cancel those and give the $ to the collective instead? What's more beneficial to the program? (Asking for a friend)
As a friend NYG keep the season tickets, no question.
1 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

VCU has reached the NCAA Tournament 13 times since 2004. Anyone know where we’re at? I’d say they have a better return on investment for donations!
0 x