A-10 Awards

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

A-10 Awards

Unread post by RF1 »

For the second season in a row, no one from URI was named. Every other A-10 school was represented.

Holmes, King, Mooney Headline 2023-24 Atlantic 10 Men’s Basketball Awards
https://atlantic10.com/news/2024/3/12/h ... wards.aspx
2024 A-10 Awards.png
Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: A-10 Awards

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Surprised Fuchs didn't get all rookie team, though I can't say I'm upset because I haven't done a deep enough dive into what everyone else was doing. 8.2 points per game, 6.1 rebounds per game in conference
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 month ago Surprised Fuchs didn't get all rookie team, though I can't say I'm upset because I haven't done a deep enough dive into what everyone else was doing. 8.2 points per game, 6.1 rebounds per game in conference
I agree, a little disappointed Fuchs was left off.

Valentine can also make a case for getting Co-COY.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago For the second season in a row, no one from URI was named. Every other A-10 school was represented.

2024 A-10 Awards.png
Part of me wants to say "well we weren't good, we'll get those kinds of accolades when we're good" but then I saw the seasons where we were good, and how our guys continue to get screwed.

The battleaxe and the league brass don't like URI for whatever reason. It is what it is.

The fact that Loyola's Miles Rubin made the all freshman team. And David Fuchs did not, is just another in the litany of screw jobs that for some reason ONLY happen to URI.

Blind resume time:

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
31 17.7 66.9 0.0 55.3 4.6 0.7 2.3 0.5 2.6 1.0 5.9

vs.

26 21.8 54.1 25.0 59.5 6.6 1.3 0.3 0.5 2.1 1.3 7.9

Who's your pick?

More points, rebounds, assists, minutes per game, less fouls? More double doubles?

Loyola, a brand new league member had more players honored (4) on 5 teams. They had a good A10 season. They will not make the NCAA.

URI's last good teams? 4 players honored on 4 teams. 3 players honored on 4 teams.

And those teams were significantly better in both overall and conference performance than Loyola this year.

Doesn't matter. The goalposts continue to move. This conference and their battleaxe continue to be jokes. Oh and don't forget Yuta Wantanabe was a better defender than Stanford Robinson. (DBPM 0.1 (average defender) vs DBPM 4.6 (elite, significantly above average defender) in 2018.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I'm completely shocked Holmes didn't win POY unanimously.

His numbers don't even compare to Jordan King, Dayton was ranked 90% of the season.

Kid is a borderline AA, yet has to share conference POY?

Seems like a team award for King because they were co champs with Loyola.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Go Rhody
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

Co-POY is wild
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago
RF1 wrote: 1 month ago For the second season in a row, no one from URI was named. Every other A-10 school was represented.

2024 A-10 Awards.png
Part of me wants to say "well we weren't good, we'll get those kinds of accolades when we're good" but then I saw the seasons where we were good, and how our guys continue to get screwed.

The battleaxe and the league brass don't like URI for whatever reason. It is what it is.

The fact that Loyola's Miles Rubin made the all freshman team. And David Fuchs did not, is just another in the litany of screw jobs that for some reason ONLY happen to URI.

Blind resume time:

vs.

Who's your pick?

More points, rebounds, assists, minutes per game, less fouls? More double doubles?

Loyola, a brand new league member had more players honored (4) on 5 teams. They had a good A10 season. They will not make the NCAA.

URI's last good teams? 4 players honored on 4 teams. 3 players honored on 4 teams.

And those teams were significantly better in both overall and conference performance than Loyola this year.

Doesn't matter. The goalposts continue to move. This conference and their battleaxe continue to be jokes. Oh and don't forget Yuta Wantanabe was a better defender than Stanford Robinson. (DBPM 0.1 (average defender) vs DBPM 4.6 (elite, significantly above average defender) in 2018.
A10 Awards are based on A10 Conference, at least I thought it was A10 games only. Am I wrong?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Also friendly reminder that the head coaches vote on these awards, so it has nothing to do with the commissioner or other conference employees.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago

2024 A-10 Awards.png

Blind resume time:

vs.

Who's your pick?

A10 Awards are based on A10 Conference, at least I thought it was A10 games only. Am I wrong?
You're right. They are. I don't care. I found a data point that supports my narrative and I'm holding onto it for dear life :lol:
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Conference play only

Miles Rubin

17.8 minutes per game, 75.4% field goal percentage, 50% free throw percentage, 5.6 points per game (.315 points per minute played), 4.4 rebounds per game (.247 rebounds per minute played), 2.9 fouls per game, .8 assists per game, 1 turnover per game, .5 steals per game, 2.2 blocks per game

David Fuchs

22.4 minutes per game, 57.5% field goal percentage, 30% three point percentage, 62.2% free throw percentage, 8.2 points per game (.366 points per minute played), 6.1 rebounds per game (.272 rebounds per minute played), 2.4 fouls per game, 1.1 assists per game, 1.1 turnovers per game, .4 steals per game, .4 blocks per game

I added the points and rebounds per minute played so that way people couldn't just say Fuchs' advantage was solely based on minutes played.

Fuchs outscored Rubin, he out rebounded the true center, had half a foul a game less in almost five extra minutes played, and had a better assist to turnover ratio. Steals is negligible and he had less blocks than a true center. I'm taking Fuchs
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rubin vs. Fuchs is kind of a false choice to me, when both were clearly better than Okojie and (especially) Curry.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Was on the overhead screen during the URI St Louis game

Fuchs was 6th in rebounding in A10. He had some injuries that limited his playing time minutes in some games including a concussion causing 3 missed games.

Holmes, Cohen and Cross were all 1st team A10
Hall was 2nd team A10
Fleming a solid center for St Joe’s

IMG_2622.jpeg
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago Was on the overhead screen during the URI St Louis game

Fuchs was 6th in rebounding in A10. He had some injuries that limited his playing time minutes in some games including a concussion causing 3 missed games.

Hall was 2nd team A10

IMG_2622.jpeg
He has a great future ahead of him Ramster , I hope he is motivated to be great and works on his game in the off-season
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Congrats to DaRon Holmes II

IMG_2812.jpeg
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 month ago Was on the overhead screen during the URI St Louis game

Hall was 2nd team A10

IMG_2622.jpeg
6th in the conference for rebounds per game as a freshman, not enough to make the A10 all-freshmen team...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago Congrats to DaRon Holmes II

IMG_2812.jpeg
Great player inside and out ! I expect him to be a 2nd rounder
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Let’s not under estimate the importance of a rim protector as part of a quality defensive team. Fuchs is simply not a rim protector by either his jumping ability or his anticipation.

This could easily be the reason he was not honored and we should consider this limitation of Fuchs for our future.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

McRam wrote: 1 month ago Let’s not under estimate the importance of a rim protector as part of a quality defensive team. Fuchs is simply not a rim protector by either his jumping ability or his anticipation.

This could easily be the reason he was not honored and we should consider this limitation of Fuchs for our future.
100%
0 x