Men's Basketball 2023-24 Prediction Contest - And The Winners Are...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Men's Basketball 2023-24 Prediction Contest - And The Winners Are...

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Thank you to all of this year's participants! It only feels appropriate to do this on the eve of the A-10 tournament start for us (unfortunately). The winners are...

OVERALL CONTEST WINNER

For regular season record, nobody guessed 12 wins overall. There were three guesses for 13 wins, and one guess for 11 wins. As far as I know, we are not playing with "Price Is Right" rules. So, the next tiebreaker is A-10 conference record, and one player guessed that URI would have six conference wins.

Therefore, congratulations to RI_Bred! Please contact ATP to collect your winnings. (FWIW, he also would have won the next tiebreaker too, for PPG.)

BONUS CONTESTS

1) Team Scoring. URI finished the regular season at 72.6129 PPG (and an ugly 76.4 PPG against). Congratulations to sevegny7, who was just 0.10 off with their guess of 72.51. This edged out 79RhodyFan by 0.01, who guessed 72.72 and was .11 off.

2) Top Scorer. Since we do not have a threshold for minimum games played or go by total points, the top scorer this year was David Green, at 14.3 PPG in 18 games played. Before the season started, RhodyMob05 picked Green, but changed him when Green was initially ruled ineligible. Therefore, none of the 71 entries had the actual top scorer. So...

In second place was Jaden House, at 13.9677 PPG. He also led the team in total points, with 433, substantially more than 311 from Luis Kortright. Your winner is Spookydog, who guessed 13.83 PPG, about 0.13 off. Runner-up is STC, with his guess of 14.23, about 0.27 off.

3) Average Home Attendance. As covered by RF1's excellent yearly thread, this year's average home attendance was 4,237. Your winner is NHRamFan, who was only six off with a guess of 4,231. Taylor Swift (not that one) is runner-up with 4,249.

4) Mid Season Award. Mentioned previously, but the winner is Rhody74.

Congratulations to all of the winners!
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Men's Basketball 2023-24 Prediction Contest - And The Winners Are...

Unread post by reef »

Great summary SG !
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Great job, thank you handling this fun part of KB fan forum.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago OVERALL CONTEST WINNER

For regular season record, nobody guessed 12 wins overall. There were three guesses for 13 wins, and one guess for 11 wins. As far as I know, we are not playing with "Price Is Right" rules. So, the next tiebreaker is A-10 conference record, and one player guessed that URI would have six conference wins.

Therefore, congratulations to RI_Bred! Please contact ATP to collect your winnings. (FWIW, he also would have won the next tiebreaker too, for PPG.)

*cough* *cough*
There was another person that picked six conference wins. RI_Bred won because he was closer to overall record, but I came damn close to winning this contest for the 3rd time in a row. It came down to home losses to Brown & UNH that I did NOT see coming that did me in.

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago 2) Top Scorer.
In second place was Jaden House, at 13.9677 PPG. He also led the team in total points, with 433, substantially more than 311 from Luis Kortright. Your winner is Spookydog, who guessed 13.83 PPG, about 0.13 off. Runner-up is STC, with his guess of 14.23, about 0.27 off.
Woo Hoo!! I still got it! ha ha
3 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago Thank you to all of this year's participants! It only feels appropriate to do this on the eve of the A-10 tournament start for us (unfortunately). The winners are...

OVERALL CONTEST WINNER

BONUS CONTESTS

1) Team Scoring. URI finished the regular season at 72.6129 PPG (and an ugly 76.4 PPG against). Congratulations to sevegny7, who was just 0.10 off with their guess of 72.51. This edged out 79RhodyFan by 0.01, who guessed 72.72 and was .11 off.

2) Top Scorer. Since we do not have a threshold for minimum games played or go by total points, the top scorer this year was David Green, at 14.3 PPG in 18 games played. Before the season started, RhodyMob05 picked Green, but changed him when Green was initially ruled ineligible. Therefore, none of the 71 entries had the actual top scorer. So...

3) Average Home Attendance. As covered by RF1's excellent yearly thread, this year's average home attendance was 4,237. Your winner is NHRamFan, who was only six off with a guess of 4,231. Taylor Swift (not that one) is runner-up with 4,249.

I forgot is there a prize for the Team scoring or was it more just bragging rights?

Just asking for a friend haha
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

sevegny7 wrote: 1 month ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago Thank you to all of this year's participants! It only feels appropriate to do this on the eve of the A-10 tournament start for us (unfortunately). The winners are...

OVERALL CONTEST WINNER

BONUS CONTESTS

I forgot is there a prize for the Team scoring or was it more just bragging rights?

Just asking for a friend haha
NVM i think i answered my question by searching in the original preseason post.
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Thank you for doing this each year!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago
Who would've thought that this team improving their offense to 72.6ppg (top 20 URI in the A10 era) wouldn't have meant more wins? Probably has something to do with that 76.4 points allowed (7th worst URI in the A10 era).

Awesome contest SG. Well run. Thank you for the effort. One of the few bright spots this season was this board, despite it's dumpster fire tendances, because of people like you putting in the work!
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 month ago
Who would've thought that this team improving their offense to 72.6ppg (top 20 URI in the A10 era) wouldn't have meant more wins? Probably has something to do with that 76.4 points allowed (7th worst URI in the A10 era).

Awesome contest SG. Well run. Thank you for the effort. One of the few bright spots this season was this board, despite it's dumpster fire tendances, because of people like you putting in the work!
Yeah it is really crazy to think about. My prediction for Team scoring was spot on which naturally made me predict a regular season record that was so far from being right haha. I was about 0.10 off from the Team scoring but just a mere 8 games off on my regular season prediction lol.

Could not have been more off on the results of the games lol.

Would have never predicted that to happen before the season haha.
1 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Winning this is like winning the ugliest dog category. You're a winner, but it isn't a good thing to win.... Here's hoping the in-house support is more robust in 24/25 - my guess, as always, will be influenced by our schedule and roster.
0 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

NHRamFan wrote: 1 month ago this year's average home attendance was 4,237. Your winner is NHRamFan, who was only six off with a guess of 4,231.
That’s an insane guess
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Wow I actually won something? Thanks!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.