Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 month ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 month ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago

Blue Man, I don't understand why you still put Bassy down and yet are so willing to deflect any blame on Archie for our wonderful season.

No one is saying Bassy is a world beater but give him some credit for improving his game.
Some players do make a big jump from their 2nd to 3rd year.

Bassy led the team in scoring (19.6), assists (4.9), steals (1.9), plus averaged 4.2 rebs.
His assist total was much better than anyone on our team, steals more than 2.5x better than our leader.
His foul shooting of 78% would have matched the highest on our team.

Also realize most of the teams they played against focused and keyed their attention on him.

Granted we understand he played at a lower level, but Luis, House, and Green didn't exactly come from blue blood programs either.

I know he wouldn't have matched that production here, but still he is a hardworking, likeable kid, and a local product.
Look about three to five posts above yours and you'll see a fan fiction post talking about how he was going to PC, was going to have a major role there, score 30 points on us and do everything but burn the Ryan Center down. So yeah, when Blue Man posts the truth it's going to look negative in light of how ridiculous some people act
That was my post, 02. I was joking around making light of the thought of him at PC. It was a tongue in cheek post. It shouldn’t reflect on BlueMan’s serious, educated negative opinion of Bassy.

Just wanted to clarify unless I am missing the point ?
Sorry, I think my sarcasm detector needed to have the battery replaced
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 1 month ago
JFrech21 wrote: 1 month ago
steviep123 wrote: 1 month ago
I have heard that URI has reached out to Thomas about him coming back. Not sure if Thomas has any interest.
So BlueMan's NIL contributions could be going to Sebastian Thomas? Ante Up!!
This is too funny/has to happen now
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Look about three to five posts above yours and you'll see a fan fiction post talking about how he was going to PC, was going to have a major role there, score 30 points on us and do everything but burn the Ryan Center down. So yeah, when Blue Man posts the truth it's going to look negative in light of how ridiculous some people act
That was my post, 02. I was joking around making light of the thought of him at PC. It was a tongue in cheek post. It shouldn’t reflect on BlueMan’s serious, educated negative opinion of Bassy.

No problem, 02.

I am not always easy to gauge. As a consequence of being a longtime Rhody fan, I have evolved into a split personality: partly realistic; partly irrational/delusional.

:lol:
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

What a joke
1 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

No problem, 02.

I am not always easy to gauge. As a consequence of being a longtime Rhody fan, I have evolved into a split personality: partly realistic; partly irrational/delusional.

:lol:
Sounds like a Rhody Rehab outpatient.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

NIL has destroyed college sports.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 month ago NIL has destroyed college sports.
At this point it’s not even NIL anymore, just straight up 5/6 figure, 1 year contracts.
0 x
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Not really though, college sports are doing quite well right now.
Millions of fans tuned to linear coverage on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV, with the momentum beginning with the Selection Show on March 17, when 5.9 million viewers tuned in to CBS for the bracket unveiling. That number was up 16 percent from last year and is the best total in five years. First Four games attracted a total of 6.2 million viewers, up 14 percent from last year and the second highest total for Tuesday and Wednesday at the First Four since the format debuted in 2011.

First-round games Thursday and Friday drew an average 8.53 million viewers, which is the third most in tournament history, behind last year's total of 8.62 million and the 8.56 million who watched in 2015. Thursday's average of 8.5 million viewers makes it the most-watched opening day of the first round since 2015, and Friday's average of 8.6 million viewers is the second most ever for the Friday of the first round, trailing only last year's 8.8 million.

The numbers got even better on the weekend. Saturday's games averaged 10.8 million viewers across CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV, making it the most-watched first day of the second round ever. That brought the tournament average through Saturday's games up to 9.0 million viewers, making it the most-watched tournament through that stage in the history of the event. Sunday's viewership numbers will be released by TNT Sports and CBS later today.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ng-ratings
The College Football Playoff National Championship Presented by AT&T scored 25 million viewers, with the Michigan/Washington showdown recording the best audience since the 2020 CFP National Championship (Clemson/LSU in Year 6). Viewership of Monday night’s matchup was up 45% year-over-year and 11% above 2022. The Wolverines’ first national title in nearly three decades ranks as a top 15 cable telecast all-time and the fourth-best non-NFL sports telecast since 2018. The title matchup peaked with 28 million viewers from 9-9:15 p.m. ET.

The three-game College Football Playoff was the most-watched in six years (since Year 4) and third best of the CFP era, delivering 23.6 million viewers and 15% year-over-year audience growth across the trio of games. The CFP Semifinals drew their best audience in six years and third-highest of the CFP era, propelling ESPN to its fourth most-watched day in history.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-rele ... 20Year%206).
4 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago
Not really though, college sports are doing quite well right now.
Millions of fans tuned to linear coverage on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV, with the momentum beginning with the Selection Show on March 17, when 5.9 million viewers tuned in to CBS for the bracket unveiling. That number was up 16 percent from last year and is the best total in five years. First Four games attracted a total of 6.2 million viewers, up 14 percent from last year and the second highest total for Tuesday and Wednesday at the First Four since the format debuted in 2011.

First-round games Thursday and Friday drew an average 8.53 million viewers, which is the third most in tournament history, behind last year's total of 8.62 million and the 8.56 million who watched in 2015. Thursday's average of 8.5 million viewers makes it the most-watched opening day of the first round since 2015, and Friday's average of 8.6 million viewers is the second most ever for the Friday of the first round, trailing only last year's 8.8 million.

The numbers got even better on the weekend. Saturday's games averaged 10.8 million viewers across CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV, making it the most-watched first day of the second round ever. That brought the tournament average through Saturday's games up to 9.0 million viewers, making it the most-watched tournament through that stage in the history of the event. Sunday's viewership numbers will be released by TNT Sports and CBS later today.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ng-ratings
The College Football Playoff National Championship Presented by AT&T scored 25 million viewers, with the Michigan/Washington showdown recording the best audience since the 2020 CFP National Championship (Clemson/LSU in Year 6). Viewership of Monday night’s matchup was up 45% year-over-year and 11% above 2022. The Wolverines’ first national title in nearly three decades ranks as a top 15 cable telecast all-time and the fourth-best non-NFL sports telecast since 2018. The title matchup peaked with 28 million viewers from 9-9:15 p.m. ET.

The three-game College Football Playoff was the most-watched in six years (since Year 4) and third best of the CFP era, delivering 23.6 million viewers and 15% year-over-year audience growth across the trio of games. The CFP Semifinals drew their best audience in six years and third-highest of the CFP era, propelling ESPN to its fourth most-watched day in history.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-rele ... 20Year%206).
I haven’t seen this many fans complain about their teams/the game in general in my entire life. It’s just the beginning.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Legalized sports gambling has a massive influence on the record numbers being set.
1 x
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

And off goes Ray Allen…to the walk on portal.
3 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Yup-
Now its just pro sports in a college setting.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Even pro sports dont have that many players changing teams every year.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Harvard freshman sensation (PG) Malik Mack just entered the portal.
He was Ivy-ROY, averaged 17 pts/ 5 assists.
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Bryant will be losing some guys. Kind of expected because of the Grasso situation.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We signed Fuchs last year at the end of May. So, maybe Europe is still an option besides the portal to add a player.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I believe April is when most players make their decisions. It’s fireworks.
0 x
GO RAMS
DuneClub
Abdul Fox

Unread post by DuneClub »

So far the talent on the move is really quite amazing and we still have another 30% or so that will leave teams currently involved in tournys.
Some are surprising like the Harv (PG) Malik Mack. Somebody this successful in 1st year you have to believe he's being tempted by $$$ at some place like UMd, Gtn, Uva? Money and being closer to home (v. Harvard name and starting).
I have to think 6/7 of these guys will be coming here. The real top guys will be getting big money but it's Miller's job to make the portal work for him. I see the grad transfer G Jimmerson from St.Louis is looking for a new home and I think he scored 30 here. Get somebody like him and it could be a difference maker this season.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhodyram wrote: 1 month ago
Yup-
Now its just pro sports in a college setting.

destroyed it

and transfer portal
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

There’s some players now that have a great school, great team, great coach, great playing time and still jump ship. Besides money, there has to be incentive for players to stay lol, cmon.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Good lord if he comes back
1 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago

Why would he do that? This year's NBA draft class sucks. He will likely go in the top 15. If he sticks around and goes next year, which is projected to be a much deeper class, it will hurt his chances of being a top 10 pick. But maybe he will get a bunch of $$ to stay. I don't see how his stock gets any higher. He was incredible this year. If anything he will regress I bet.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 month ago

Why would he do that? This year's NBA draft class sucks. He will likely go in the top 15. If he sticks around and goes next year, which is projected to be a much deeper class, it will hurt his chances of being a top 10 pick. But maybe he will get a bunch of $$ to stay. I don't see how his stock gets any higher. He was incredible this year. If anything he will regress I bet.
Agree with everything there, just seems very weird he’d tweet that then bolt.

Maybe he’s angling for more money, players in the portal, etc.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He must be getting an offer of a hell of an NIL deal to even consider staying.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Is Carter choosing NIL over the NBA?? Lmao

2 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

A lot of guys will make their money in college now.

A very small percentage even sniff NBA riches.

Why not try and maximize their earnings this way?

A few hundred thousand can make life a lot easier.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

You’re assuming they will do something smart with the money…you know what they say about assumptions. I foresee lots of expensive cars and other bad ideas that will leave them with nothing 3-5 years after their so called careers are over. (I guess that’s me making assumptions! Oh well…it’s a message board!)
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RIFan wrote: 1 month ago You’re assuming they will do something smart with the money…you know what they say about assumptions. I foresee lots of expensive cars and other bad ideas that will leave them with nothing 3-5 years after their so called careers are over. (I guess that’s me making assumptions! Oh well…it’s a message board!)
His dad is an NBA vet and current assistant with the Grizzlies. He’s not getting bad money advice that’s for sure.
2 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m still thinking he turns pro , saw him mocked 10th and 11th
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago A lot of guys will make their money in college now.

Especially as a young person starting out these days. May even be able to afford a starter home in Gansett.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

A familiar face just entered the portal; (CG) Brycen Goodine from St. Andrews, Syracuse, PC, and most recently Fairfield.
In 2019 he was a 4* top 100 recruit.

This year he averaged 14 points (47% 3PT), maybe worth a look and after all he did score 22 pts against us this past season.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RIFan wrote: 1 month ago You’re assuming they will do something smart with the money…you know what they say about assumptions. I foresee lots of expensive cars and other bad ideas that will leave them with nothing 3-5 years after their so called careers are over. (I guess that’s me making assumptions! Oh well…it’s a message board!)
His dad is an NBA vet and current assistant with the Grizzlies. He’s not getting bad money advice that’s for sure.
This was not aimed a one individual this was about the collective musical chairs looking for the most scratch.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 month ago A lot of guys will make their money in college now.

Especially as a young person starting out these days. May even be able to afford a starter home in Gansett.
Sure, a starter home in Narragansett :D There's a 1 bed, 1 bath home with 504 sq ft going for $355K. That's a Gansett starter home.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago A familiar face just entered the portal; (CG) Brycen Goodine from St. Andrews, Syracuse, PC, and most recently Fairfield.

This year he averaged 14 points (47% 3PT), maybe worth a look and after all he did score 22 pts against us this past season.
I saw him play at St. Andrews. Very athletic. And he's from New Bedford, only about an hour from Kingston.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 month ago
Sign me up yes please
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Veteran pure PG would be welcome especially if Hammond stays.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 month ago
Sign me up yes please
Averaged 6.3 assists per game which is top 15 in the country. Shooting splits are solid too, 34% from 3, 89% from the line. Most importantly he played for a winning team, Hofstra was top 3 in the CAA and finished with 20 wins.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Sign me up yes please
Can't compete with most of those teams financially.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow be a nice get especially with those schools on his list
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago
Sign me up yes please
Well, the hope is we can compete with more teams financially this offseason. We also have to factor in what he said he’s looking for. He wants to be a starting point guard.

I haven’t kept up to date if any of these guys transferred…

Georgia Tech - They had a very good freshman point guard in Naithan George. No chance he’d start over him.

Syracuse - They have a very good backcourt of Mintz and Starling.

V Tech - I don’t know how he would start over Pedulla.

Cal - They have an absolute stud in Tyson who has the ball in his hands a lot, but I could see him playing next to a point guard.

I think we can compete with the rest. If we put him at the top of our list, who knows? He would be our starting point and one of the focal points of this team the moment he comes here. I really hope he considers us. He’s one of those crucial transfers that can make this team better. Archie has to land one or two players of this caliber if we want to make a jump next year.

Also, can we just find out about KJ and Hammond already! I’m assuming Hammond is gone based on who we’ve been offering but I’m still hoping he’s a Ram…
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

We had to play Tyson Brown over him. Ya know the juco center that transferred. Heck of a coaching decision from Archie!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago A familiar face just entered the portal; (CG) Brycen Goodine from St. Andrews, Syracuse, PC, and most recently Fairfield.

He's really good! He lit us up back in November.

If we have House and Estevez it wouldn't make sense to bring him on though.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

This is the right take.

Given who his dad is, Carter's decision to stay or go pro will definitely be the right decision. I highly doubt this is one of the examples of a kid getting bad advice from family/close friends.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Sign me up yes please
Well, the hope is we can compete with more teams financially this offseason. We also have to factor in what he said he’s looking for. He wants to be a starting point guard.

Georgia Tech - They had a very good freshman point guard in Naithan George. No chance he’d start over him.

Cal - They have an absolute stud in Tyson who has the ball in his hands a lot, but I could see him playing next to a point guard.

I think we can compete with the rest. If we put him at the top of our list, who knows? He would be our starting point and one of the focal points of this team the moment he comes here. I really hope he considers us. He’s one of those crucial transfers that can make this team better. Archie has to land one or two players of this caliber if we want to make a jump next year.

Also, can we just find out about KJ and Hammond already! I’m assuming Hammond is gone based on who we’ve been offering but I’m still hoping he’s a Ram…
Agreed Studs.

That said I'm getting less and less worried about Hammond leaving. If, IF KJ does go to GTown (and that is now questionable due to the BS that goes on behind the scenes down there), I'm not sure Hammond follows him. He's guaranteed 2 years of bench riding behind Epps who plays 35 mpg.

I think Hammond is a stud, I think he's going to be a very good PG. But he's still a 5'11 3 star. If he decommits I'd be shocked if he wound up at GT or anywhere above the A10 - unless he's OK just sitting on the bench. He's guaranteed minutes right away here.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago

Agreed Studs.

That said I'm getting less and less worried about Hammond leaving. If, IF KJ does go to GTown (and that is now questionable due to the BS that goes on behind the scenes down there), I'm not sure Hammond follows him. He's guaranteed 2 years of bench riding behind Epps who plays 35 mpg.

I think Hammond is a stud, I think he's going to be a very good PG. But he's still a 5'11 3 star. If he decommits I'd be shocked if he wound up at GT or anywhere above the A10 - unless he's OK just sitting on the bench. He's guaranteed minutes right away here.
The fact that KJ initially posted that tweet about the Georgetown job makes me think he knows he isn't getting it, but, he's advertising that he's open to other opportunities. I also doubt Miller is surprised by any of this.
3 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x