Rhody Excellence Collective Executive Director

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Rhody Excellence Collective Executive Director

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

We’ll deserved!!
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Sort of what I was hinting at before when I said that there's a lot of investment and focus on our collective now, and why I had faith for the upcoming season and player retention. I fully believe we'll be able to make serious NIL commitments to players moving forward.

The previous "director" wasn't really a director, he was out of Indiana and had a bunch that he was covering. Stone being dedicated to URI's efforts exclusively is a huge win and indication that NIL is going to be a big focal point for us.

So well deserved for Stone and a very very smart hire by Tom and David. This is going to get good!
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This is fantastic news! Having someone like Stone, who bleeds Keaney Blue, in this role should be a game changer. If there is one thing I know about Stone its that the guy will work tirelessly to make sure we are competitive among our peers in the NIL space. I hope Rhody fans realize how big this is for our program. I'm dropping a donation today to show my support!
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago Sort of what I was hinting at before when I said that there's a lot of investment and focus on our collective now, and why I had faith for the upcoming season and player retention. I fully believe we'll be able to make serious NIL commitments to players moving forward.

The previous "director" wasn't really a director, he was out of Indiana and had a bunch that he was covering. Stone being dedicated to URI's efforts exclusively is a huge win and indication that NIL is going to be a big focal point for us.

So well deserved for Stone and a very very smart hire by Tom and David. This is going to get good!
Well said Blue Man, this will be huge considering this current college landscape.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Encouraging!

Wasn't a good sign when I had signed up before when, they promised a koozie, never got it, emailed them twice, never got a response, called and it was the wrong number.

You have to have someone in charge able to focus on it 24/7 and someone who obviously cares. It's competitive out there! Thank you Stone!
2 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

this is such good shit
1 x
:lol:
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Agree great news!
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Great news to have Stone overseeing this! Much thanks, Ramster, for posting the story link.

As an aside. I am familiar with Coast to Coast Promotions. Longtime RI family business. The owner still is - unless he retired - Michael Ferranti who, I believe, was appointed as CEO of the PC Collective in ‘23.

I actually know Mike. Real nice guy and very good business person despite being a PC booster/supporter. :D

I am confident Stone will give it all he has and do an excellent job.

Let’s goooooooo

Add this news to the positives thread!
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Let's go Stone!!! Very good news.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago Sort of what I was hinting at before when I said that there's a lot of investment and focus on our collective now, and why I had faith for the upcoming season and player retention. I fully believe we'll be able to make serious NIL commitments to players moving forward.

Excellent intel, BlueMan. Much appreciated!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I think we can now say that the way it was being run for the past, who knows how long, wasn't good. In fact, by what someone here told me, it was really bad. Let's just leave it at that.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow that’s huge indeed , if we can be competitive in NIL that will go a long way in getting us where we need to be in A10 hoops
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Just wondering if I should give directly to my best player, or to a collective where I have no idea where it goes?
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Will this have an immediate impact? In other words, can we expect a higher level of transfers than what we've been getting?
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Unlike the UMass Collective, I don't think the primary focus this year will be on keeping players. One would think more effort will go into attracting better players.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

What does this job pay, $100k a year?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The cash needs to go to David Money Green our best player
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 1 month ago The cash needs to go to David Money Green our best player
….what?

No it doesn’t.

Without question, first priority is Cam and Fuchs. 3 years left.

I don’t know if there’s loopholes for Fuchs with him being from overseas, but if there is, gotta figure it out.

If can’t pay Fuchs, Hammond is next for big money.

Losing Green next year would suck, but we’re not a tournament team with or without him.

Cam, Fuchs, Hammond are building blocks for a top level A10 team.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
reef wrote: 1 month ago The cash needs to go to David Money Green our best player
….what?

No it doesn’t.

I don’t know if there’s loopholes for Fuchs with him being from overseas, but if there is, gotta figure it out.

Losing Green next year would suck, but we’re not a tournament team with or without him.

I know Edey had NIL issues being Canadian. I think Fuchs will run into the same issues with getting paid NIL money on his visa.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Arch needs a GM for talent acquisition/maintenance, so he can focus on coaching
If Stone has that role, can he still announce games?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Stone is great. Let’s hope he’s not recruiting for us. Don’t believe he has any credible experience evaluating talent. I assume Stone’s job will be primarily promoting the collective, marketing and fundraising. Ultimately Archie is deciding who and how to spend the money.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago Arch needs a GM for talent acquisition/maintenance, so he can focus on coaching
If Stone has that role, can he still announce games?
Whatever we do we can’t swing and miss again in the portal , it’s too darn IMPORTANT!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago Stone is great. Let’s hope he’s not recruiting for us. Don’t believe he has any credible experience evaluating talent. I assume Stone’s job will be primarily promoting the collective, marketing and fundraising. Ultimately Archie is deciding who and how to spend the money.
I think NYG was referring to Stone’s new job with Rhody excellence asking if he can still call games and not a hypothetical as a GM recruiting players.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago Stone is great. Let’s hope he’s not recruiting for us. Don’t believe he has any credible experience evaluating talent. I assume Stone’s job will be primarily promoting the collective, marketing and fundraising. Ultimately Archie is deciding who and how to spend the money.
I think NYG was referring to Stone’s new job with Rhody excellence asking if he can still call games and not a hypothetical as a GM recruiting players.
Correct. Can he still call games when he might be one of a handful of people that probably knows what every player is making?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago What does this job pay, $100k a year?
We will probably neva know, employed by the Collective not the university? If I had to guess < 100,000. Second thought. After some KB help here, and the link to the Excellence site with levels of participation, including a one time giving, the NIL picture is coming into focus for me. Will need to rethink my participation. Thanks KBers.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 month ago
….what?

No it doesn’t.

I know Edey had NIL issues being Canadian. I think Fuchs will run into the same issues with getting paid NIL money on his visa.
Why do you think so many teams take overseas trips together?
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago
We will probably neva know, employed by the Collective not the university? If I had to guess < 100,000. Second thought. After some KB help here, and the link to the Excellence site with levels of participation, including a one time giving, the NIL picture is coming into focus for me. Will need to rethink my participation. Thanks KBers.
I doubt it, this is a labor of love for Stone if I had to guess. He's the right guy for the job.

For anyone that does care about Stone and his pay, maybe just click that second link in my signature, or go to https://rhodyexcellence.com/join/ and start committing some dollars.

I'd have to imagine that $10-$25 per month isn't going to harm people financially.

Here's some interesting math; there are 1371 users on this site. Say 600 of them are active people who care enough about URI and still check in here. Say that 1/2 of them decide to contribute $10-25 per month. That's between $3k and $7500 per month on the low end. That's $36k-$90k per year. That's enough for a legit program changer at the top end, and can definitely support keeping and recruiting guys that can make this program a winner.

I don't think that's asking for a lot out of this fanbase, certainly this board that is never short on opinions. Imagine if this whole board contributed $10 per month? That's over a million in funding for players each year. You want program changers? It costs money.

For all the belly aching about the "big programs' that can get whatever players they want, the NIL collective is literally the way that URI can go and play with the big boys.

Instead of needing 1 big donor to come and save us with a $1M donation, literally this whole board could do that for 2 cups of coffee per person, per month.

I just re-upped my commitment. I would hope others do the same. Otherwise, the complaining is useless. We can literally right the ship ourselves. DO IT!
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago
I doubt it, this is a labor of love for Stone if I had to guess. He's the right guy for the job.

For anyone that does care about Stone and his pay, maybe just click that second link in my signature, or go to https://rhodyexcellence.com/join/ and start committing some dollars.

I'd have to imagine that $10-$25 per month isn't going to harm people financially.

Here's some interesting math; there are 1371 users on this site. Say 600 of them are active people who care enough about URI and still check in here. Say that 1/2 of them decide to contribute $10-25 per month. That's between $3k and $7500 per month on the low end. That's $36k-$90k per year. That's enough for a legit program changer at the top end, and can definitely support keeping and recruiting guys that can make this program a winner.

I don't think that's asking for a lot out of this fanbase, certainly this board that is never short on opinions. Imagine if this whole board contributed $10 per month? That's over a million in funding for players each year. You want program changers? It costs money.

For all the belly aching about the "big programs' that can get whatever players they want, the NIL collective is literally the way that URI can go and play with the big boys.

Instead of needing 1 big donor to come and save us with a $1M donation, literally this whole board could do that for 2 cups of coffee per person, per month.

I just re-upped my commitment. I would hope others do the same. Otherwise, the complaining is useless. We can literally right the ship ourselves. DO IT!
I just signed up for a recurring contribution.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

URI_05 wrote: 1 month ago

I just signed up for a recurring contribution.
Fuck yea. More like you please!
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

….what?

No it doesn’t.

Why do you think so many teams take overseas trips together?
Yup! I forgot the opponent but Purdue played someone notable in OOC (Alabama?) in Toronto just for Edey and NIL purposes
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

I joined early before there were options but we're in the $20/month bucket where it's a set it and forget it thing for us. We don't even notice it, to be honest.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I joined early before there were options but we're in the $20/month bucket where it's a set it and forget it thing for us. We don't even notice it, to be honest.
I'm going to call it good with this year's 4 season tix. Probably two next year, but I am not feeling the need to donate above that.
After multiple years of out of state tuition for two and then this year's disastrous 4 pack....Sorry, not sorry.
(bracing to hear from all the non season-ticket holders about how I now have no right to complain about the lack of success of the program.) I'm thinking if everyone on this board bought season tix, it would have more impact than everyone donating $10-20/month...
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

With the new management you’ve gotta re-up in the system.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 month ago

I'm going to call it good with this year's 4 season tix. Probably two next year, but I am not feeling the need to donate above that.
After multiple years of out of state tuition for two and then this year's disastrous 4 pack....Sorry, not sorry.
(bracing to hear from all the non season-ticket holders about how I now have no right to complain about the lack of success of the program.) I'm thinking if everyone on this board bought season tix, it would have more impact than everyone donating $10-20/month...
We are fortunate these days to attend most games without having season tickets. When the Ryan first opened we did have them for a couple of years - then we had kids and financial priorities changed.

At the start of this season I said to my wife and now young adult kids, maybe we will get season tickets again, at least a couple since we enjoy going so much and it looks like a good time to buy as Miller gets us relevant again.

I'm holding off.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm not contributing unless I know where the money is going. Sounds like the FastBreak Club on steroids.
0 x
BobfromMatunuck
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BobfromMatunuck »

This is the next step in building a successful program in today’s college hoops. Build it. Brick by brick.

If you take the time to make a profile on KeaneyBlue, and make it a point to read posts while the team is losing consecutive games like it has, this post is meant for you.

You care. You really do. This is a proud program. We can contribute to the future of URI basketball for years to come now! Tell your friends. Trust
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

I don't know, I see the emails come through with my receipt so I assume everything is going along same as before.a
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I don't know, I see the emails come through with my receipt so I assume everything is going along same as before.a
As of this month you’ll be refunded for you last payment and need to re-up. The back-end management of the collective has changed.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

As of this month you’ll be refunded for you last payment and need to re-up. The back-end management of the collective has changed.
Thank you for this! I never would have known. Will re-up with them now.
1 x
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

Does anyone know how are donations to Rhody Excellence are applied? Are they put into an endowed fund? Are they put into a high interest savings bank with high returns? Are they being used for only basketball, because it seems like that’s the only program they’re using to get buy-in? I’m extremely happy that Stone is involved, and it seems like there has been a major increase in members since he was named.

I’m not saying that I am a high donor, but I do give what I have, and I am very disappointed in the transparency on how our donations are applied especially since we just can’t seem to get over the hump in any of our sports.

Thanks.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

URIROTC2006 wrote: 1 month ago Does anyone know how are donations to Rhody Excellence are applied? Are they put into an endowed fund? Are they put into a high interest savings bank with high returns? Are they being used for only basketball, because it seems like that’s the only program they’re using to get buy-in? I’m extremely happy that Stone is involved, and it seems like there has been a major increase in members since he was named.

I’m not saying that I am a high donor, but I do give what I have, and I am very disappointed in the transparency on how our donations are applied especially since we just can’t seem to get over the hump in any of our sports.

Thanks.
It is being used for only basketball, but yea, I wish they gave an option to give all your money to men's team, women's team, split evenly between both, etc.
1 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

URIROTC2006 wrote: 1 month ago Does anyone know how are donations to Rhody Excellence are applied? Are they put into an endowed fund? Are they put into a high interest savings bank with high returns? Are they being used for only basketball, because it seems like that’s the only program they’re using to get buy-in? I’m extremely happy that Stone is involved, and it seems like there has been a major increase in members since he was named.

Thanks.
Good/fair questions, suggest you email Stone directly. Sharing the responses here would help us further understand. If he responds.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Thanks.
Good/fair questions, suggest you email Stone directly. Sharing the responses here would help us further understand. If he responds.
Thanks. I emailed Stone over the weekend. Awaiting his response, I’ll share what he writes back on this forum.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

This new landscape of college sports is turning a school's fan base on itself with the who's a bigger fan or real fan based on if and how much you donate to its own NIL fund.

it's wild. can't be a fan anymore unless you pony up on top of whatever you already do to the institution.
1 x
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago This new landscape of college sports is turning a school's fan base on itself with the who's a bigger fan or real fan based on if and how much you donate to its own NIL fund.

it's wild. can't be a fan anymore unless you pony up on top of whatever you already do to the institution.
And don't forget, cable, flosports, and ESPN+!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago This new landscape of college sports is turning a school's fan base on itself with the who's a bigger fan or real fan based on if and how much you donate to its own NIL fund.

Nobody's saying stop paying rent to cut a check to Rhody Excellence. But if you want to say "well I don't like NIL, I'm not going to be part of that", then yeah, your opinion about the level of players we do or don't have isn't really valued. Everyone has a chance to help build the roster we want
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 month ago

Nobody's saying stop paying rent to cut a check to Rhody Excellence. But if you want to say "well I don't like NIL, I'm not going to be part of that", then yeah, your opinion about the level of players we do or don't have isn't really valued. Everyone has a chance to help build the roster we want
Another question I’d have is, what’s the priority? Are donations to the Athletic Fund a priority at this point or is it Rhody Excellence? What’s going to drive player retention, charter flights or their own pay check? I think given where any of our sports programs are at right now, it’s going to be hard to do both.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

From the little I know(barely wetting bottom of bucket)it seems giving directly the excellence is the most impactful way to get and retain the best players we can attract is via the excellence. If you like and want to support mens and women’s basketball. I will defer to the masters level folks here to correct me.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938