Rhody Excellence Collective Executive Director

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Re: Rhody Excellence Collective Executive Director

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago From the little I know(barely wetting bottom of bucket)it seems giving directly the excellence is the most impactful way to get and retain the best players we can attract is via the excellence. If you like and want to support mens and women’s basketball. I will defer to the masters level folks here to correct me.
Yeah. I just hope they have a plan. To me, the only way to have and sustain year over year growth of the collective is to set up an endowment and eventually live off interest.

I’m interested to hear what Stone says.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Since it now seems the fans must pay players, it only seems fair if the team makes it to the NCAAT, all credits from the NCAA should go directly to the collective.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago From the little I know(barely wetting bottom of bucket)it seems giving directly the excellence is the most impactful way to get and retain the best players we can attract is via the excellence. If you like and want to support mens and women’s basketball. I will defer to the masters level folks here to correct me.
so this logic, skip the season tickets and just give the players your cash.

doesn't that sound fun?
0 x
:lol:
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 month ago

doesn't that sound fun?
Exactly. I wonder what Thorr is going to ask us to do. Give to NIL or the school athletic program.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

URIROTC2006 wrote: 1 month ago

doesn't that sound fun?
Exactly. I wonder what Thorr is going to ask us to do. Give to NIL or the school athletic program.
Maybe he says all the players are making hundreds of thousands each year plus cars. They can drive themselves to games.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

doesn't that sound fun?
Can we have some common sense here?

Of course buy season tickets if you can.

Give to NIL if you can.

Do both if you can.
3 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ya, if you can budget it. Do both. Easy answer.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Can we at least have some transparency here? The A10 has a media rights deal with NBC, CBS and ESPN. How much is that worth to URI and how much is going to the players? If the men's basketball team makes the NCAAT, how much of the NCAA credits is going to the players? This is the pie the players wanted a piece of. Now we have a collective that is asking fans to pay players? Sorry, until I see how much of the revenue generated by men's basketball is being paid to players, I'll sit on the sidelines.
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago Can we at least have some transparency here? The A10 has a media rights deal with NBC, CBS and ESPN. How much is that worth to URI and how much is going to the players? If the men's basketball team makes the NCAAT, how much of the NCAA credits is going to the players? This is the pie the players wanted a piece of. Now we have a collective that is asking fans to pay players? Sorry, until I see how much of the revenue generated by men's basketball is being paid to players, I'll sit on the sidelines.
The only amount that a school can directly pay out to a player is the stipend maximum of $5,950.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

theblueram wrote: 1 month ago Can we at least have some transparency here? The A10 has a media rights deal with NBC, CBS and ESPN. How much is that worth to URI and how much is going to the players? If the men's basketball team makes the NCAAT, how much of the NCAA credits is going to the players? This is the pie the players wanted a piece of. Now we have a collective that is asking fans to pay players? Sorry, until I see how much of the revenue generated by men's basketball is being paid to players, I'll sit on the sidelines.

None of the revenue is going to the players. Now can you join the collective ?
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ne'er mind
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You do realize that it’s completely against the rules for schools to pay the players, right? You do realize this, right?

No chance you do, so keep pounding that keyboard!
Last edited by Rhody15 1 month ago, edited 3 times in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 month ago

None of the revenue is going to the players. Now can you join the collective ?
He continues to not realize this after about a dozen posts on the subject.
1 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

My assumption is that the NIL payment commitments to players are for just one year. It looks like many that perform well in a season appear to think they should get more money and they enter the portal because that is more likely at another school. What then happens to players that did not perform up to expectations in the past season but plan to stay? Is it likely they will be offered less NIL money? Typically in other employment free markets, performance very much dictates compensation.
Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago My assumption is that the NIL payment commitments to players are for just one year. It looks like many that perform well in a season appear to think they should get more money and they enter the portal because that is more likely at another school. What then happens to players that did not perform up to expectations in the past season but plan to stay? Is it likely they will be offered less? Typically in other employment free markets, performance very much dictates compensation.
Yes, essentially that’s exactly what will happen. They’ll be pushed out by the coach and transfer down to a lower level.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

0 x