2019-20 Bracketology

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: 2019-20 Bracketology

Unread post by ramster »

UCH21377 wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago
gorhody89 wrote: 4 years ago The A10 needs to do something about the bottom of the conference. Conference has been on a consistent decline and putting your heads in the sand thinking it’s going to turn around is not a solution...

If the A10 wants to remain a respected consistent multi bid league than it is time for some serious action.

Again I have no idea what the legal process is for kicking schools out but this needs to be looked at by the commissioner.
It’s been talked about for a long long time, every year.
Wake me when it happens. Wake me when any conference drops one or more of their bottom teams. Would love to see it but not holding my breath.
Agree Ramster but A10 needs to figure out something as it is getting closer and closer to becoming a 1-2 bid league. Richmond belongs in but won't be surprised if NCAA finds a way to screw them

I’d lobe to hear from the Commissioner on this.

I definitely see the NET is hurting mid majors
Plus the new transfer flexibility is going to cause mid majors to become more of a G League for the big schools. We are already seeing this with Grad Transfers. Once free to transfer and be immediately eligible look out.

So I’d like McGlades view and plan for the future first and foremost.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago PC, BC, Alabama, LSU, Kansas State, St Mary's, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Vandy, Belmont, UConn, Nebraska, North Texas (won conference USA regular season)

I mean some of those teams are weak power fives, but still collectively speaking the A-10 beat their fair share of good teams and teams in general.

We at least took care of the teams we were suppose to beat.

We did lack a lot of big marquee wins as a whole, but our winning percentage against the non-conference was one of the best.

It points to the fact that our league is in fact pretty strong. The 8th best league in the country.

Hardly any conference has very many marquee non-conference wins because they dont play very many big games.

I'd wager we did nearly the same as many of the other conferences overall, therefore, we shave off two or three of those weak ass teams we have at least four bids.

That's how it is in the A-10 and we couldnt step it up enough to get where we needed to be. Same for SLU, I mean they were swept by Duquesne, who should have scheduled way better, and lost at UMass. If you are suppose to be an at large team you cant do that. Gotta take care of the teams you should beat.

It is alarming how disrespected Richmond is right now, they played tough teams non-conference and beat them and went 14-4 in the A-10 and they're being trumped by mediocre ass power 5's.

Not a very impressive list. You named 15 teams...only 5 of those are dancing...6 if n. texas wins CUSA (they aren't going otherwise). Of the other teams only Wisconsin is currently better than an 8 seed in Bracketmatrix. PC, LSU, St. Mary's and Rutgers are all 8's or worse. And that is what you're hanging your hat on to say the A10 did all this hard work out of conference? YIKES!
I'm saying it was enough if we dont have all that baggage at the end.

Yes we were low on a bunch of huge wins, but we had a lot of wins nevertheless and in turn our top teams had good NET rankings because of it.

If we dont have garbage ass teams weighing us down our numbers would inflate just like it would for the rest of the power conference teams.

Peter...you're talking about metrics and maybe if we dropped a few teams and played another game vs. richmond, duquesne, st. louis, that we would have a higher NET...as would all the other top tier teams in the conference...i get that, but that doesn't change the fact that the top teams in the conference still only had a combined 5 OOC wins vs. teams that are getting at-large bids to the tournament.

they showed a stat...i think it was during the fordham telecast...that the A10 was 1-27 vs the AP top 25. that is pathetic and i don't care that most, if not all of those games were either on the road or neutral site. heck...stephen f austin matches the total of our whole conference. give me 6 or 7 wins in those 28 games and i'll agree we did good work out of conference. but one win?

i don't know...maybe you're comparing us and the rest of the A10 to PC who didn't have a signature win out of conference, but the rest of the NBE did so PC road their coattails. no such luck in the A10.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Folks, this was a 3 bid league this year before VCU and Rhody fell apart. You can't have 4-5 teams going at each other for the 2nd and 3rd spot if OOC is piss poor. If we had three teams that did well in OOC and then dominated the rest of the conference, 3 teams would be in.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree the lesgue is better than last year but 1-27 against AP top 25 is piss poor
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

So if we’re twice as good next year we’ll get 2 wins.

Scary thought