2019-20 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Re: 2019-20 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago With UDs talent this year and a team that should go dancing I would not be happy with that schedule. If they lose to Georgia in first round of Maui they are in trouble. They will benefit from this year’s A10 likely having enough quality Ws to build a resume but relying on that solely will leave little margin for error. IMO A10 teams need at least 1 but preferably 2 high quality Ws in OOC to get on radar and be firmly on right side of bracket heading into league play. League will be too good for Dayton to have to go 15-3 to build a resume. We had Cincy, Seton hall, PC all Top 35 teams - in the years we danced. I am not sure wins over St mary, Drake and Coll of Charleston are gonna excite the committee.
I agree, but FWIW, Saint Mary's has been in some off-season top 25 polls this year. And Colorado may end up being a top 50 neutral q1 opponent.

Dayton has never ever played 15 road and neutral games in the regular season, I think that is a big mistake, they should drop 2 buy games and replace them with the 2 best home and home opponents that they can find, start one of those series at home and start the other on the road, rinse and repeat every year from now on going forward. Butler, Xavier, Temple, VCU, Gonzaga, etc. all followed that model when they were building up their programs.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

daytonflyerfan wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago With UDs talent this year and a team that should go dancing I would not be happy with that schedule. If they lose to Georgia in first round of Maui they are in trouble. They will benefit from this year’s A10 likely having enough quality Ws to build a resume but relying on that solely will leave little margin for error. IMO A10 teams need at least 1 but preferably 2 high quality Ws in OOC to get on radar and be firmly on right side of bracket heading into league play. League will be too good for Dayton to have to go 15-3 to build a resume. We had Cincy, Seton hall, PC all Top 35 teams - in the years we danced. I am not sure wins over St mary, Drake and Coll of Charleston are gonna excite the committee.
I agree, but FWIW, Saint Mary's has been in some off-season top 25 polls this year. And Colorado may end up being a top 50 neutral q1 opponent.

Dayton has never ever played 15 road and neutral games in the regular season, I think that is a big mistake, they should drop 2 buy games and replace them with the 2 best home and home opponents that they can find, start one of those series at home and start the other on the road, rinse and repeat every year from now on going forward. Butler, Xavier, Temple, VCU, Gonzaga, etc. all followed that model when they were building up their programs.

Yeah looks like we are a little ahead of you guys on that front.

This schedule looks like just about every Dayton schedule I can remember.

Decent tournament, a couple good home and homes then just a bunch of easy games. Usually some ok MAC teams.

If you beat Georgia you're guaranteed 3 really strong games there. Two wins in Maui and you guys are set.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago The biggest news is the article states thst they could play Utah State in addition to LSU in Jamaica.

From article:
The Rams head to Montego Bay for two games in the Jamaica Classic on Nov. 22 and Nov. 24. Rhody opens against 2019 Sweet 16 team LSU, which won 28 games and was 16-2 in the SEC last year. The second game will be against either Mountain West power Utah State, which won 28 games and made the NCAA field a year ago, or Conference USA's North Texas, which won 21 games last season.
I don’t think this is correct.
As has previously been announced, URI will play LSU and North Texas. This is not a winners vs Winners Tournament - even though I wish it was

This is what I heard back just today from the Jamaica Classic Office in response to my questions:

This is an MTE tournament so we have 2 winners in 2 divisions. There are predetermined matchups which we'll be announcing shortly, but Day 1 does not change the Day 2 schedule. To my knowledge the URI-UNT matchup will take place on Friday.
We've signed UMBC this year as well and will be announcing the eighth team in the coming days.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

George Mason released their 2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule. Just two true road games with one of them being at Maryland.

Nov. 5: Navy
Nov. 8: Longwood
Nov. 13: Long Island
Nov. 16: James Madison
Nov. 19: Loyola (Md.)
Nov. 22: at Maryland
Nov. 25: vs. Old Dominion (Cayman Classic)
Nov. 26: vs. Nebraska/Washington St. (Cayman Classic)
Nov. 27: vs. TBD (Cayman Classic)
Dec. 3: Jacksonville St.
Dec. 7: American
Dec. 21: UMBC
Dec. 30: at TCU
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago George Mason released their 2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule. Just two true road games with one of them being at Maryland.

Nov. 5: Navy
Nov. 8: Longwood
Nov. 13: Long Island
Nov. 16: James Madison
Nov. 19: Loyola (Md.)
Nov. 22: at Maryland
Nov. 25: vs. Old Dominion (Cayman Classic)
Nov. 26: vs. Nebraska/Washington St. (Cayman Classic)
Nov. 27: vs. TBD (Cayman Classic)
Dec. 3: Jacksonville St.
Dec. 7: American
Dec. 21: UMBC
Dec. 30: at TCU
That is pretty much the same as what Dayton is doing this year...3 mte games and 2 away games, except that UD is playing 2 neutral games rather than away games.

Honestly, I just feel that it is not fair to the head coach to sort of put all your eggs in one basket like this. The season to a large degree rides on this handful of good games. Why not schedule a couple more good games in order to give yourself a couple more chances at good wins?

Just do what Nevada did this year:

https://nevadawolfpack.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=359

Utah and Southern Cal at home

At Davidson, at BYU

2 mte games

Saint Mary's neutral

That is 6 or 7 good games. The 1 mte game against Valpo or Grand Canyon is a little sketchy. They did get the USC home game by arranging a football game with USC too, the Nevada football team probably agreed to play 1 or more games at USC.

And if you can't get the p5 to play at your place, then just take the next best thing. But loading up on buy games does no good.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Glad to see the Rhody logo on that list.
“We will be good when we are good.”
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Dayton will not play a single true road game on an OOC opponent's home court. All five games not at UD Arena will be at neutral site venues. The Flyers will play the maximum 13 OOC games.

DAYTON FLYERS OOC SCHEDULE
Indiana State
Charleston Southern
Omaha
Vs Georgia
Vs Michigan State/Virginia Tech
Vs TBD
Houston Baptist
Vs St Mary's
Drake
North Texas
Vs Colorado
Grambling
North Florida

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like Dayton is really relying on the A10 being as strong as we believe it will be. There OOC schedule is not strong enough to warrant an at large if they do not do well in the A10 or if the A10 turns out to be weaker than expected this year. They took almost the exact opposite approach that Cox took this year, but I suppose Cox has quite a bit more to prove this year.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Two required breaks to consider in scheduling during December. Final exams and Christmas.

According to the URI Academic calendar for the Fall semester students have a reading day Dec 11th and Final exams Dec 12-20. It is my understanding that URI is not allowed to schedule any game from Dec 11th thru Dec 20th. They play PC Fri, Dec 6th and then W. Kentucky Dec 21st (first day allowed back).

The NCAA added a required 3 consecutive day break around Christmas to allow players to travel home a year ago.

If you really analyze the schedule they can fit a game in November which they need to do before they head to Jamaica on Nov 20th.

2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule
Oct. 26 - Rhode Island College (ex.)
Nov. 5 - LIU-Brooklyn
Nov. 9 - at Maryland
Nov. 12 - Nicholls State
Nov. 15 - Alabama
TBD home games as part of Jamaican Classic
Nov. 22 - vs. LSU (Montego Bay)
Nov. 24 - vs. Utah State/North Texas (Montego Bay)
Dec. 1 - at West Virginia
Dec. 6 - Providence
Dec 11-20 Final Exam break
Dec. 21 - Western Kentucky
Dec 22-26 holiday break
Dec. 29 - at Middle Tennessee State
Jan. 2 - at Brown
For whatever it’s worth, it looks like they changed the Nicholls State game to Nov. 19 in both the release and the schedule page.

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0728spgvdg

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0/schedule
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Two required breaks to consider in scheduling during December. Final exams and Christmas.

According to the URI Academic calendar for the Fall semester students have a reading day Dec 11th and Final exams Dec 12-20. It is my understanding that URI is not allowed to schedule any game from Dec 11th thru Dec 20th. They play PC Fri, Dec 6th and then W. Kentucky Dec 21st (first day allowed back).

The NCAA added a required 3 consecutive day break around Christmas to allow players to travel home a year ago.

If you really analyze the schedule they can fit a game in November which they need to do before they head to Jamaica on Nov 20th.

2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule
Oct. 26 - Rhode Island College (ex.)
Nov. 5 - LIU-Brooklyn
Nov. 9 - at Maryland
Nov. 12 - Nicholls State
Nov. 15 - Alabama
TBD home games as part of Jamaican Classic
Nov. 22 - vs. LSU (Montego Bay)
Nov. 24 - vs. Utah State/North Texas (Montego Bay)
Dec. 1 - at West Virginia
Dec. 6 - Providence
Dec 11-20 Final Exam break
Dec. 21 - Western Kentucky
Dec 22-26 holiday break
Dec. 29 - at Middle Tennessee State
Jan. 2 - at Brown
For whatever it’s worth, it looks like they changed the Nicholls State game to Nov. 19 in both the release and the schedule page.

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0728spgvdg

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0/schedule

Maybe we will play the other Jamaica team on November 12th

Probably better if we didn't.
Give a week break after Maryland to get ready for Bama.

Lots of free time in December, but likely see that game after the jamaican trip, before WVU.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Jerry Palm, the former RPi guru that now works for CBS, came out with his forecast for the teams that make the 2020 NCAA Tournament:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

Eight of URI's possible opponents (10-11 games) made the cut:
VCU
Davidson
Dayton
Maryland
Utah State (?)
LSU
Alabama
Western Kentucky
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Very interesting.
VCU a 6 seed
Davidson a 7 seed
Dayton & Alabama in the First Four bracket (which is played on their home court)

Btw, Rhody is not playing Utah State
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI is playing LSU and North Texas in Jamaica.
Not playing Utah State.
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

This is the first time that an SEC school has come to the Ryan Center. There's also yet to be a Big 12 school come to the Ryan Center. They played Oklahoma State and West Virginia but at Mohegan Sun.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

scine20 wrote: 4 years ago This is the first time that an SEC school has come to the Ryan Center. There's also yet to be a Big 12 school come to the Ryan Center. They played Oklahoma State and West Virginia but at Mohegan Sun.
By my quick count from memory, there have only been 5 true (member at the time) P5 visits to the Ryan Center:

ACC
Boston College 2x
(Pitt came as a member of Big East)

Big Ten
Northwestern
Nebraska

Pac-12
USC
(Utah came as a member of the MWC)
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
scine20 wrote: 4 years ago This is the first time that an SEC school has come to the Ryan Center. There's also yet to be a Big 12 school come to the Ryan Center. They played Oklahoma State and West Virginia but at Mohegan Sun.
By my quick count from memory, there have only been 5 true (member at the time) P5 visits to the Ryan Center:

ACC
Boston College 2x

Big Ten
Northwestern
Nebraska

Pac-12
USC
The Big Easy was easily considered a power 5 for basketball when Pittsburgh came to the Ryan center. Easily the best team of that group.
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

ACC
Boston College 2x

Big Ten
Northwestern
Nebraska

Pac-12
USC
Virginia Tech came, I think in Baron's last year.
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago

ACC
Boston College 2x

Big Ten
Northwestern
Nebraska

Pac-12
USC
The Big Easy was easily considered a power 5 for basketball when Pittsburgh came to the Ryan center. Easily the best team of that group.
Seton Hall also came from the Big East in the NIT in 2003.

That was an underrated Ryan Center game, by the way. That place was hopping and when Robinson hit that shot the place was about as loud as it can get.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

ACC
Boston College 2x

Big Ten
Northwestern
Nebraska

Pac-12
USC
I wanna say at the time, Pitt was ranked #2 in the country
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

8121 there to witness it. I had to park way up on Flagg Rd since they had not expanded the Ryan Center parking lot yet.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

UMASS announces OOC Schedule

They have South Carolina coming to the Mullins Center Dec 4

HOME NON-CONFERENCE GAMES:
Western New England University (10/29) EXH
UMASS Lowell (11/5)
Northeastern (11/12)
Central Connecticut State (11/16)
Rider (11/20)
South Carolina (12/4)
Yale (12/11)
Maine (12/20)

AWAY/NEUTRAL NON-CONFERENCE GAMES:
Fairfield (11/9)
Virginia (11/23)*
Arizona State/St. John's (11/24)*
Rutgers (11/29)
Harvard (12/7)
Akron (12/30)
* denotes Mohegan Sun Arena
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago UMASS announces OOC Schedule

They have South Carolina coming to the Mullins Center Dec 4

HOME NON-CONFERENCE GAMES:
Western New England University (10/29) EXH
UMASS Lowell (11/5)
Northeastern (11/12)
Central Connecticut State (11/16)
Rider (11/20)
South Carolina (12/4)
Yale (12/11)
Maine (12/20)

AWAY/NEUTRAL NON-CONFERENCE GAMES:
Fairfield (11/9)
Virginia (11/23)*
Arizona State/St. John's (11/24)*
Rutgers (11/29)
Harvard (12/7)
Akron (12/30)
* denotes Mohegan Sun Arena
8 weak opponents. They will probably go 1-4 or 0-5 against other opponents.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago With just a single buy game versus LIU, you can strike off guaranteed buy games as a possible use for the monies from increased revenues (NCAA units/ticket sales/sponsor dollars/Hurley buyout) and lower head coaching payroll. Still wondering where this new money is going as there has been nothing added of significance easily identifiable in the operations of the men's basketball program since April 2018. The only publicly known increase in spending was the 6.25% raise to the assistant coaching salary pool and that was peanuts ($25k/yr).
http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 16#p408716

??
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
RF1 wrote: 4 years ago With just a single buy game versus LIU, you can strike off guaranteed buy games as a possible use for the monies from increased revenues (NCAA units/ticket sales/sponsor dollars/Hurley buyout) and lower head coaching payroll. Still wondering where this new money is going as there has been nothing added of significance easily identifiable in the operations of the men's basketball program since April 2018. The only publicly known increase in spending was the 6.25% raise to the assistant coaching salary pool and that was peanuts ($25k/yr).
http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 16#p408716

??
From what I understand nearly all of the Meade renovations money is from sources other than increased men's basketball revenues and was committed before Hurley left (when URI got the buyout and new coach made far less).
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I’ve also heard that this project was primarily funded by other sources, but I’m just not sure if I 100% buy that. I’m not making a judgment good or bad. Just the way things seem to work in my experience.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I’ve also heard that this project was primarily funded by other sources, but I’m just not sure if I 100% buy that. I’m not making a judgment good or bad. Just the way things seem to work in my experience.
The football project was 100% funded by outside sources. A total of $4 million with two major donors providing $1 million each. The rest was raised from significant donations - most if not all were $25,000 and above.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Right. I understand what has been said about it.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Right. I understand what has been said about it.
Verified
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Verified
I wasn’t asking for confirmation. I’m 100% familiar with what they have said about the funding of this project. I’m also not accusing anyone of lying, and I’m not saying the large donations did not happen (they did). I am more acknowledging that money is fungible. There really isn’t anything you could say that would diminish my assumption that the influx of revenues from the basketball program has helped facilitate this and other projects. The only things that could do it for me are an accounting of all of that money in identifiable basketball expenditures or looking at the books with my own eyes. Again, not saying anything is wrong with that necessarily.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Agree TP...now let's hear about funding progress toward the practice facility....had heard that funding is close to complete, with again mostly donor money...but I would think that whatever isn't donated would be coming out of basketball revenue.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Verified
I wasn’t asking for confirmation. I’m 100% familiar with what they have said about the funding of this project. I’m also not accusing anyone of lying, and I’m not saying the large donations did not happen (they did). I am more acknowledging that money is fungible. There really isn’t anything you could say that would diminish my assumption that the influx of revenues from the basketball program has helped facilitate this and other projects. The only things that could do it for me are an accounting of all of that money in identifiable basketball expenditures or looking at the books with my own eyes. Again, not saying anything is wrong with that necessarily.
Thorr has stated that the football facility upgrade was 100% funded by outside donations. You are questioning that. You are basically saying Thorr is lying. To think any fan would ever get an accounting of all the money/looking at the books with their own eyes is a joke. Thorr has also said that the money from the NCAA appearances will be shared by all sports and that MBB would get its prorated share. You either believe URI’s Athletic Director or you don’t. It sounds like you don’t.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Agree TP...now let's hear about funding progress toward the practice facility....had heard that funding is close to complete, with again mostly donor money...but I would think that whatever isn't donated would be coming out of basketball revenue.
The $5 million for the basketball practice facility will be 100% funded by donations. It will be announced when they have received commitments for the $5 million. Thorr’s approach to fundraising for these projects is consistent with other schools - you need a few large donations to cover 50%+ and then significant donations to cover the rest ($ amount depends on total project spend). The lower threshold of the donations depends on how much there is to raise after the few large donations.

The assumption for the basketball practice facility is that the commitment from a few large donors covered $4 million (80%) and the remaining donations will be $25,000+. If they average $50,000 donor level, they need 20 donors to make up the final $1 million. It would be very challenging to raise $1 million if the average donor level is $20,000 - getting 50 people to commit would be an uphill battle for URI Athletics.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Would think that a construction starting date will be announced soon.

They have to be really close to full funding by now, since that 80% level was reached a while ago. You would think, anyway.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Would think that a construction starting date will be announced soon.

They have to be really close to full funding by now, since that 80% level was reached a while ago. You would think, anyway.
That next thing to be announced will be that they are going forward with the project. That will not happen until they have commitment from donors for the $5 million. They did hold off fundraising while they were going after donors to fund the football facility. One question is if the $4 million commitment from major donors is still there. It was last October. It has been a long time and the commitments for the football facility were complete before they broke ground. There is also the time period to collect those commitments for the football facility if Thorr is going back to the same donors for the basketball practice facility.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Anyone hear what Rhody is getting paid by Maryland for being bought? Some teams have been paying out around $100k to opponents for guarantee games with no home return. This would be a somewhat new source of revenue for the URI program as it has not been bought for a few years. Furthermore, the clause about the head coach getting the money from a buy game that had been in Baron's later contract does not appear to be in the Cox contract (I saved a pdf copy at the time of his hiring and just reviewed it). Any money for this game should therefore go back into the program.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Verified
Thorr has stated that the football facility upgrade was 100% funded by outside donations. You are questioning that. You are basically saying Thorr is lying. To think any fan would ever get an accounting of all the money/looking at the books with their own eyes is a joke. Thorr has also said that the money from the NCAA appearances will be shared by all sports and that MBB would get its prorated share. You either believe URI’s Athletic Director or you don’t. It sounds like you don’t.
As I have said repeatedly, I know what has been said about the source of the money for the football facility upgraded. I also said I’m not accusing them of lying. I think presenting it that way is defensible and supportable. I also think from a practical standpoint, having additional cash on hand allows for comfort with respect to overruns, it allows the donors that gave a $1M to give less to the programs and funds they usually contribute to, etc. Again, it’s more a statement about the fungibility of money than anything else.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Athletics, $4.1 million for installation of artificial turf and lights and other upgrades at Meade Stadium, home of URI Rams football, completion set for September 2019
Project supported by University of Rhode Island alumni two of whom committed $1 million each. Of the total $4.1 million project, alumni contributed nearly$3 million

https://today.uri.edu/news/the-sounds-o ... and-small/

I also seem to remember reading that student fees will be used toward this project as they will be allowed far more access as it can used at night and potential for damage to the surface is far less with turf than grass.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Didn’t come out of Athletic Dept budget. TP just wanted to be able to use fungibility in a sentence. He gets to move on to the next category in his online word game. 😜
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

School can use the football field and stadium for concerts, intramural football, High School Football games and/or State Football Playoffs, other events and activities. They will not need to worry about the grass getting damaged.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Bryant University hosts the annual Fourth of July Fireworks every year now since their new turf field was installed. Works great too.
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Bryant University hosts the annual Fourth of July Fireworks every year now since their new turf field was installed. Works great too.
OK...football at the stadium in a month. Any other events scheduled there? When????
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Was looking at LIU Brooklyn's roster.

They are very experienced. Could be a tough one.

As we know though, with Kellogg, they wont be playing any defense....

One interesting player on the team would have to be Jashaun Agosto.

Search him on youtube.

Former guest on Ellen as an 11 year old!

I've known about him for like 10 years now.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Anyone hear what Rhody is getting paid by Maryland for being bought? Some teams have been paying out around $100k to opponents for guarantee games with no home return. This would be a somewhat new source of revenue for the URI program as it has not been bought for a few years. Furthermore, the clause about the head coach getting the money from a buy game that had been in Baron's later contract does not appear to be in the Cox contract (I saved a pdf copy at the time of his hiring and just reviewed it). Any money for this game should therefore go back into the program.
Are you sure we are being bought?
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

We clock in at #10.

https://www.princetonreview.com/college ... ty-schools

Sent from my iPhone
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago We clock in at #10.

Sent from my iPhone
They also had us as #3 weed school. Guess URhIgh is still going strong.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago We clock in at #10.

Sent from my iPhone
They also had us as #3 weed school. Guess URhIgh is still going strong.
Syracuse, UVM, and Wisconsin Madison are also perennial party contenders.

Now that URI is down to pretty much two bars (Bon Vue and Bobby G's) it's pretty much going to be primarily a house party scene. My time there was Casey's, Black Point, Bon Vue, Shamrock's (was Brewmasters), Bobby G's, Charlie O's, AND George's. Mews to me is not a primary college draw since every walk of life goes there.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Mews was my hang while at URI - excellent for day drinking, plus I like beer and most places catering to college kids had shitty beer selection. But I was hardly ever there at night. Wasn’t part of the “going out” rotation.

Man, Black Point... RIP Black Point.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Mews was my hang while at URI - excellent for day drinking, plus I like beer and most places catering to college kids had shitty beer selection. But I was hardly ever there at night. Wasn’t part of the “going out” rotation.

Caesars was that spot during my time down there. I believe it was $5 all you can drink on Thurs nights til 9:00. Shenanigans .....
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Mews was my hang while at URI - excellent for day drinking, plus I like beer and most places catering to college kids had shitty beer selection. But I was hardly ever there at night. Wasn’t part of the “going out” rotation.

The Mews, long before it expanded, was the first bar that served me before I was legal.
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NBC Sports Top 30 Preseason Predictions:

Teams on our Schedule
#7 Maryland
#19 LSU
#24 VCU
#26 Davidson

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com ... on-top-25/