CELTICS and the NBA

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: CELTICS and the NBA

Post by reef »

Yeah I think if Danny really wanted Herro he could have traded to move up a couple of spots. Looks like we will be regretting that for a long long time
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Post by NYGFan_Section208 »

This is great... https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/300 ... head-coach

Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant say Brooklyn Nets' coaching will be 'collaborative effort'

The Brooklyn Nets named Steve Nash their head coach in early September, but stars Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant see Nash in more of a collaborative role and not as the head of top-down leadership.

"I don't really see us having a head coach," Irving said on Durant's new podcast, "The Etcs." "KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."

This should surely go well, I would imagine that Mr. Nash must be feeling quite relieved, like a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.
LOL...good luck with that dxxsh-crew, Steve! I can't imagine trying to coach a team with Kyrie and KD on it for a full season...would be freeking torture. The only thing worse would be to have to do it in a bubble....
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Post by hrstrat57 »

Steve Nash is a all time great.

He should resign immediately.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 years ago Steve Nash is a all time great.

He should resign immediately.
Talk about a tough break...you're first coaching job and you have Kyrie...oy...
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Kyrie is a cancer wherever he goes , poor Nash
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

RIP Tommy H
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So...now the C's have a bunch of people out d/t the crona...and I think I've heard of other teams with handfuls of players impacted also (haven't paid that much attention to it). Is there any chance every player ends up getting it as of x date, and then, after that...none of them do? Like, they get their own kinda mini herd immunity... I mean, it almost seems possible no matter what they do inevitable, doesn't it?

(Not suggesting anything...just asking about plausibilty)
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Yeah Covid really wreaking havoc on the Celts and NBA hioefully Celts won’t drop too far in standings
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

What a stinging defeat by the Celts last night to the arch rivals

Kemba 1-12 including missing the game winner
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 3 years ago What a stinging defeat by the Celts last night to the arch rivals

Kemba 1-12 including missing the game winner
They get anything at all from Kemba, they definitely win...
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Hopefully he picks his game up as Smart gonna miss time
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Watching C's Kings tonite because II LOVE watching D Fox...
Seeing Bagley reminds me of Cyril and AB trying to check him in Pittsburgh...
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Fox is a beast he killed the Celts and Tyrese H looks like a player too
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Why...is there a giant Kamala Harris banner behind the bench of the only game on right now?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

C's Mavs has been a fun watch....Celtics down 4 with 230 to play

ETA: That Luka fella...is still REALLY good. Dang...I love watching that kid play...
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

Gallanari has hit an amazing 10 of 12 3-point attempts with 8 minutes still left in the Celtics - Hawks game. Gallanari already has 38 points. Atlanta is thrashing the Celtics tonight.
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Celts underachieving big time

Wyc G gave Danny and Brad a vote of confidence before the game then we crap the bed
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

That Luka fellow...LOVE watching that guy play... 28 with 6+ to go in the 3rd...Only 22, but if he sticks with it, he could be something.
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Yeah he is incredible and he was on fire in that 1st half

Celts in a world of hurt
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

Wish this guy was a Celtic

reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

That was quite the game winner

Celts coming on now
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

Celts win 6th straight. Tatum 44 points vs Curry 47 points was a classic.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Last night's game was great. I get it how some don't like the NBA as much as college, but with a game like last night's you can really see how much better the pros are. In a typical college game, there might be 3-5x a game where you see a play or a shot that makes you say "wow, that was something"...last night (admittedly not the 'usual' game), you you'd see 3 to 5 of those plays or shots every 5 minutes or so. Fun game to watch...
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

You are right 208. Last night's game was amazing. The 3 pointer that Curry shot with his left hand as he was fouled and off balance was unbelievable. Curry is unbelievable.
Tatum and Curry were something else to watch
The offensive rebound by Smart was clutch - he is such a strong individual. Then to take the offensive rebound and hit the wide open 3P was a huge sequence in the last minute.
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Agreed that game was really amazing to watch and glad Celts got the come from behind win

I like the pickup of Jabari P that will help our bench scoring
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

Celtics with a very bad loss at home to Oklahoma Thunder. Thunder had lost 14 straight games and playing horribly. Tatum and Walker didn't play but Celtics still cannot lose this game with the playoff situation so tight.

Pritchard with a career high 28 points for Boston hitting 9-16 FG, 4-10 3FG, 6-7 FT, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 2 TOs in 33 minutes. Hopefully Pritchard takes the starting spot away from Fournier. Pritchard has been very impressive for a 2nd round draft pick and continues to improve.

Pritchard is now shooting:

82-196 on 3FG for 41.8% - leads the team

35-39 FT for 89.7%
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

Friday Night Celtics were down 39-16 to the Spurs after Q1 and down 77-48 at half time - left the court with boos from the 2000 home town fans.

Jason Tatum:
  • 45 minutes, 20-37 FG, 5-7 3FG, 15-17 FT, 8 rebound, 5 assists, and 0 Turnovers!
  • Ties the Celtics Franchise record with 60 Points set by Larry Bird
  • Tatum had 21 in the 4th Q and 10 in the OT
Celtics now tied for the all important 6th Playoff Seed to stay away from the playin Seeds of 7,8,9 and 10.

8 games to go in the regular season

reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

What an incredible comeback down 32 and Tatum scores 60
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

And down goes Brown...what a sheet show this year...
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago And down goes Brown...what a sheet show this year...
Most disappointing team in the NBA
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

reef wrote: 3 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago And down goes Brown...what a sheet show this year...
Boston Globe on Celtics...........

ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

I think they have tuned out Stevens but he got a contract extension last season so a change is unlikely
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
reef wrote: 3 years ago
Boston Globe on Celtics...........

As outright disgusting and vile as DMX is...not sure how one gets "motivated" by that.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Watched about 6 possessions of yesterday's game. Just not fun to watch at all these days. Seems like they could give a rat's...
Tatum with the rebound...he dribbles up court, double teamed, he gets away from one...now he dribbles from the right to the left...Tatum still has it, now he fakes inside, step back three nowhere near.... It's kind of a slowed down version of "whoever is dribbling on the break shoots it"... only it's Tatum with the rebound on the defense end, Tatum brings up and gets through traffic (most of the time) then he shoots it.

Yaaaaawwwnnnnn.......

Who'd have ever thunk the Sox would be more exciting to watch then than the Cs?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago Watched about 6 possessions of yesterday's game. Just not fun to watch at all these days. Seems like they could give a rat's...
Tatum with the rebound...he dribbles up court, double teamed, he gets away from one...now he dribbles from the right to the left...Tatum still has it, now he fakes inside, step back three nowhere near.... It's kind of a slowed down version of "whoever is dribbling on the break shoots it"... only it's Tatum with the rebound on the defense end, Tatum brings up and gets through traffic (most of the time) then he shoots it.

Yaaaaawwwnnnnn.......

Who'd have ever thunk the Sox would be more exciting to watch then than the Cs?
Celtics season could be over tonight.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Post by UCH21377 »

Ramster they get another chance even if they lose.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

UCH21377 wrote: 3 years ago Ramster they get another chance even if they lose.
Thanks. Crazy how this playoff system now works.
Tatum having a night with 39 points at end of the 3rd Quarter. Hope he stays hot in the 4th.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
UCH21377 wrote: 3 years ago Ramster they get another chance even if they lose.
Thanks. Crazy how this playoff system now works.
Tatum having a night with 39 points at end of the 3rd Quarter. Hope he stays hot in the 4th.
Celtics win as Tatum goes for 50 points. Celtics get the 7th seed and will now play the 2-seed Nets in 7 game series starting Saturday
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Great win bring on Kevin Durant , James Harden , Kyrie Irving and the Brooklyn Nets is
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Post by SGreenwell »

Doesn't seem great, no. But I don't think anyone is going to be able to guard Brooklyn especially well, if their big three are healthy. I think the way to beating them is attacking them and making them work on defense, which the Celtics can't do with their current roster, even if Brown was healthy.

I'm not entirely sure what the path forward for them is in the off-season. To me, Tatum and Brown kind of have duplicate skill sets, and Kemba got old and hurt pretty much once he signed with Boston - You would have thought his numbers would go up, going from a crap team in Charlotte to Boston, but instead his PER, and per 36 minutes assists, rebounds and turnovers have either stayed the same or gotten worse. They need a bigger player who can shoot 3s but also defend the position and switches, which lumps them together with roughly 25 other teams.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

Kemba underperformed last season as well. I was hoping he would not be on the Celtics roster this season. He gets killed on defense because he is undersized and opposing teams take advantage of him.

Stevens is to blame for much of this poor performance. The defense has much room for improvement.

Might be getting time for a Head Coaching change in Beantown.

Look at the Hawks - Knicks series where the Hawks took game 1 in Madison Square Garden.

Hawks fired Lloyd Price mid-season when they were (14-20) in 11th place in the 15 team East. Since putting Assistant Coach Nate McMillan in as HC they they have gone (27-11) plus the win vs the Knicks. Finished tied in record with NY for 4th place. Interesting Series with a huge Game 2 tonight in NY.

Some Coaches have a way of instilling confidence, leadership, put fun back in the game and know how to lead. McMillan is showing that with the results.

Also shows how sometimes making a Head Coaching Change during the season can make a big difference.

Good to have a talented Assistant Coach waiting in the wings (ie Bozeman???)
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Kemba underperformed last season as well. I was hoping he would not be on the Celtics roster this season. He gets killed on defense because he is undersized and opposing teams take advantage of him.

Stevens is to blame for much of this poor performance. The defense has much room for improvement.

Might be getting time for a Head Coaching change in Beantown.

Look at the Hawks - Knicks series where the Hawks took game 1 in Madison Square Garden.

Hawks fired Lloyd Price mid-season when they were (14-20) in 11th place in the 15 team East. Since putting Assistant Coach Nate McMillan in as HC they they have gone (27-11) plus the win vs the Knicks. Finished tied in record with NY for 4th place. Interesting Series with a huge Game 2 tonight in NY.

Some Coaches have a way of instilling confidence, leadership, put fun back in the game and know how to lead. McMillan is showing that with the results.

Also shows how sometimes making a Head Coaching Change during the season can make a big difference.

Good to have a talented Assistant Coach waiting in the wings (ie Bozeman???)
Yeah that was a great coaching change the Hawks made. I would like to see the Celts change coaches also but Stevens just signed an extension so he may be back

Danny hasn’t done a good job in construction of this roster. I think there going to be lots of changes in the off-season
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Post by SGreenwell »

I think there's a pretty stark difference between the Hawks' decision - Pierce was a first time coach with a bad record, and McMillan has a proven track record of being a capable hand - and the Celtics. Stevens has shown in the past that he's been able to get the best performance out of a variety of players. A coaching change might help shake things up, because it's inevitable for a non-championship team to tune out their coach, but I don't think a new coach "fixes" the problem with the roster the Celtics have had and gets them to a new level of performance.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

How much of the roster the Celtics have is the responsibility of Stevens and how much is Ainge?
This team does not seem to be moving forward.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago How much of the roster the Celtics have is the responsibility of Stevens and how much is Ainge?
This team does not seem to be moving forward.
More on Ainge, obviously, but it's hard for me to find fault with his actions either. Not his fault that Heyward got hurt in his first game, and from there, it's impossible to know how a healthy Heyward changes the trajectory of this team. The Celtics fleeced Brooklyn in the Pierce-Garnett trade, and the Cavs in the IT-Kyrie trade, and Philly in the Tatum-Fultz deal. Ainge has been the GM for 18 years now - They've made the playoffs 15 times, and won a title. Since 2012, every team that has won a title has had LeBron, Curry or Leonard, except for Dirk's Mavericks team. It's really hard to win a title without that Top 5 superstar, and one hasn't ever really been in grasp for Boston. I don't like the idea of canning Stevens or Ainge unless you have clearly better alternatives identified and willing to come aboard, and that's a pretty small list, given the track records of both.