Week #12 Games of Interest / Rest of 2022 Season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Week #12 Games of Interest / Rest of 2022 Season

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Ugly scene as Wagner dance team arrived at Bryant.

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I understand why rhody fans including myself are picky. Lots of pressure to get this one right, or its another half a decade of mediocracy. This fan base/program can't handle that.
Also I don't understand why pointing out pros and cons are an issue to people. Outside of Archie Miller every candidate mentioned has cons to their candidacy. But apparently some posters think you should only attack college kids like Jermaine Harris and attacking a guy like Jared Grasso is just a step too far
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I understand why rhody fans including myself are picky. Lots of pressure to get this one right, or its another half a decade of mediocracy. This fan base/program can't handle that.
Also I don't understand why pointing out pros and cons are an issue to people. Outside of Archie Miller every candidate mentioned has cons to their candidacy. But apparently some posters think you should only attack college kids like Jermaine Harris and attacking a guy like Jared Grasso is just a step too far
You don't point out pros.

You literally just look at the cons. For everyone.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Smh
Smh? This is awesome. Bryant was one of the country's worst programs, and they are about to make the NCAA tournament.
Bryant is annihilating Wagner and telling them all about it while they do it.
This is swagger in real time.

SMH at this comment. My comment (and yours) were before the fireworks erupted last night. No way do I call how Bryant plays basketball swagger in real time. Telling them about it while they do it? Please.

I sat close to the Bryant bench when Bryant went up 6 points on us In the 2nd half in November. I watched how their players acted. I don’t call it swagger at all.
Then saw Elesias very hard foul Malik on a layup with 11 minutes left. Malik was on the floor a long time. So shaken Malik badly missed his 2 FTs but that’s the kind of warrior and sportsmanship player Malik is.
At no time did Grasso or and Bryant player or assistant coach show concern for Malik’s condition. In fact Grasso was bitching about the foul call.

URI outscored Bryant 45-20 the last 18 minutes of the game to win by 19. The “swagger” which is not what I call Bryant’s style of play was long gone. Grasso gave up and sat in the bench pouting. I watched it all up close.

So to call what Bryant did yesterday showing swagger I disagree.

In fact, I could say I’m not at all surprised with what happened the 2nd half.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Went to other central Connecticut State message board to gauge reaction. Could find a Wagner Message Board - if anyone knows of one please post

CCSU board link

https://ccsufans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4127&start=60
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jeez these Bryant fans are awful , get a grip
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Boston College beat Pittsburgh yesterday by 20
Today BC beat 5-seed Wake Forest in OT
Next up Quarterfinals For BC vs 4-seed Miami
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Helps our RPI, right?
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rough one for Bobby. Arizona State was up 12 with 2:45 left... 99.1% chance to win per ESPN. Stanford finished the game on a 14-1 run and won 71-70 in regulation.
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Helps our RPI, right?
It should, for a while there it seemed like we played them 8 times.
class of 86
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by class of 86 »

Arizona state had 17 point lead at 1 time and blew it...... The blogs are screaming for
Hurley's head
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

class of 86 wrote: 2 years ago Arizona state had 17 point lead at 1 time and blew it...... The blogs are screaming for
Hurley's head
I don't want Bobby here. He is not a good coach.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

class of 86 wrote: 2 years ago Arizona state had 17 point lead at 1 time and blew it...... The blogs are screaming for
Hurley's head
Wow what an amazing gag job

BH already a vote of confidence will be back next season
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hard to put all the blame on Bobby for that one...the players did the choking....
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Helps our RPI, right?
No it shows how teams and fans should never give up.

Jim Baron 2.0
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Iona is losing in a close game with 12 mins to go. Not that Pitino has any chance to come here, but if somehow it was possible, and if Iona loses, I guess that would disqualify him for consideration on this board because they didn't win the MAAC tournament
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago Iona is losing in a close game with 12 mins to go. Not that Pitino has any chance to come here, but if somehow it was possible, and if Iona loses, I guess that would disqualify him for consideration on this board because they didn't win the MAAC tournament
1 seed Iona suffers a major upset, falling to 9 seed Rider who finished the regular season 14-18 (8-12).
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Ugly scene as Wagner dance team arrived at Bryant.

This is horrible and inexcusable. Especially for a fan base that has never won anything.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
giovanni wrote: 2 years ago Iona is losing in a close game with 12 mins to go. Not that Pitino has any chance to come here, but if somehow it was possible, and if Iona loses, I guess that would disqualify him for consideration on this board because they didn't win the MAAC tournament
1 seed Iona suffers a major upset, falling to 9 seed Rider who finished the regular season 14-18 (8-12).
Iona NET = 86, Iona RPI = 30. Old days Iona had hope for an At-Large, Nowadays none. So Pitino might as well throw his hat in the URI coaches ring.

Rider 14-18 is the same record as Butler. So there is hope for a Butler win tomorrow!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Ugly scene as Wagner dance team arrived at Bryant.

This is horrible and inexcusable. Especially for a fan base that has never won anything.
Horrible and inexcusable for any fan base, any school, any size and any Conference.

Craziest thing is after Bryant got the Wagner fans out at the end the Bryant AD engineered a court storming. He should have been looking under a Rock to crawl under.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow terrible loss for Iona , one slip up and you are done in that crappy conference , enjoy the NIT Slick Rick
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

These are the kids who wished they could get in to the mental hospital. Maybe if the mental hospital admissions office used this as an entrance exam they might have.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Iona NET = 86, Iona RPI = 30. Old days Iona had hope for an At-Large, Nowadays none. So Pitino might as well throw his hat in the URI coaches ring.

Rider 14-18 is the same record as Butler. So there is hope for a Butler win tomorrow!!
It's almost like RPI sucks for giving you a gauge of how good a team is.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago

These are the kids who wished they could get in to the mental hospital. Maybe if the mental hospital admissions office used this as an entrance exam they might have.
Our fans would do/have done exactly the same. Just because you haven't seen a video of it in the last 5 mins doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

And seriously - "fuck you, you suck, boooo" that's like standard basketball cheering for 18-22 year olds. Really all sports fans.

Are people actually disturbed by this?

What do you think - our fans welcome the other team to the arena and say "we hope you had a safe trip up, welcome to kingston!"

Stop pearl clutching.

Certainly stop hanging the reputation of a school on how their basketball students behave in a tournament situation.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Our fans would do/have done exactly the same. Just because you haven't seen a video of it in the last 5 mins doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

And seriously - "fuck you, you suck, boooo" that's like standard basketball cheering for 18-22 year olds. Really all sports fans.

What do you think - our fans welcome the other team to the arena and say "we hope you had a safe trip up, welcome to kingston!"

Stop pearl clutching.

Certainly stop hanging the reputation of a school on how their basketball students behave in a tournament situation.
I can remember our crowds getting on the opposing teams in a similar fashion. I'm blanking a bit when it comes to giving the *dance team* this kind of shit, though. Does PC have a dance team?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Stop pearl clutching.

I can remember our crowds getting on the opposing teams in a similar fashion. I'm blanking a bit when it comes to giving the *dance team* this kind of shit, though. Does PC have a dance team?
As a fan who has yelled at many a cheerleading squad, dance team, or band back in his college days - that most definitely happens.

Frankly, that's what you want.

I didn't hear death threats. Rape threats. Racist things.

I heard college kids yelling swears. Pretty standard stuff. Pretty awesome TBH. And the "welcoming" probably had some kind of affect. Wagner never even showed up to the game. They got down 32-6.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Almost forgot...Go Butler!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fordham leads GMU 13-11 with 5 minutes left in the 1h
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Fordham leads GMU 13-11 with 5 minutes left in the 1h
That sounds like one of our intrasquad games
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PC losing to Butler 24-20 at 6:00 in first half. You hate to see this. 🤓
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Mason 22 Fordham 19 halftime scoring picked up in the last 4 minutes
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

31-31 at the half for PC.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago 31-31 at the half for PC.
WAtson has 15 @ the half he is a bull for them
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Fordham in to the quarterfinals for the first time in 15 years. Thats a pretty wild stat!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Fordham in to the quarterfinals for the first time in 15 years. Thats a pretty wild stat!
Kyle Neptune making a difference at Fordham
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Fordham in to the quarterfinals for the first time in 15 years. Thats a pretty wild stat!
Yeah absolutely. Win one more tomorrow and they might construct a statue! :lol:
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

I think they're going to be a top six team in the A-10 in like a year or two. Hell, they were already 8th this year. Good for the conference.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PC wins 65-61 after trailing most of the second half and overcoming 4 straight missed free throws from Watson, who led all scorers with 26.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I think they're going to be a top six team in the A-10 in like a year or two. Hell, they were already 8th this year. Good for the conference.
It'd be great for the conference to have a good NYC team.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Fordham is now 16-15 and is likely assured a .500 or better overall season.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

al durham was 0-7 from the field and then hit a three from the corner wiht under a minute left to take the lead. just unreal
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

They make the shots when it counts......I'll bet in the NCAA tourney, they will miss when it counts.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Butler refused to take the game. PC kept trying to give it to them. They missed so many layups. And PC threw the ball to them in-bounds, fumbled it, and Butler still couldn't get a shot.

I'm starting to think more along the lines of "destiny" than luck at this point. It's insane.

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

BC beat Wake yesterday now beating Miami
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Butler refused to take the game. PC kept trying to give it to them. They missed so many layups. And PC threw the ball to them in-bounds, fumbled it, and Butler still couldn't get a shot.

I'm starting to think more along the lines of "destiny" than luck at this point. It's insane.
Butler with the ball, up 3, with 90 seconds left and taking a three was brutal.

Get the rim, draw contact, pick up a foul and not down foul shots.
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago
First since 2015-16. If they can string together another one next year, it'll be the first time back to back since the 2005-07 seasons. That's also the last time they finished .500 or above in A-10 play. It would be great if Neptune can keep the momentum going there, because Fordham has been the one consistent, long-running drain on the conference.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
RF1 wrote: 2 years ago

First since 2015-16. If they can string together another one next year, it'll be the first time back to back since the 2005-07 seasons. That's also the last time they finished .500 or above in A-10 play. It would be great if Neptune can keep the momentum going there, because Fordham has been the one consistent, long-running drain on the conference.
4 years from owning the conference to chasing Fordham.

If I weren't so depressed I would laugh.

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

BC hits a 3 to tie it with 15 secs left
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

BC Miami to Ot 65-65