Game #26: Davidson - Wednesday @ 7pm - PINK OUT

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Re: Game #26: Davidson - Wednesday @ 7pm - PINK OUT

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I expect to finish in 1st place and to win in Brooklyn.

Well providing that EC looks like the EC before that dunk attempt that might have aggravated his foot.

He was simply marvelous before that. Clearly on another plain than the rest. Of course Gibbs was very good but EC was just gliding around Davidson doing what he wanted.

The team is so good. They will get this done. GIL STEP IT UP. The margin for error is so much more when Gil hits a hook shot or two.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

What we don't know, and won't until after next Saturday's games,
is how the brackets pan out.
Some opponents will be better matchups than others.
Who could get knocked out among the favorites,
and who has the easier path?
Even Fordham and Duquesne are better than they were earlier
in the year.
Bonnies lost their PG, who they seem lost without him.
VCU is a different team than the one we narrowly lost to.
GW is being coached on the side by CFL, in an amazing fade out.
I'm anxious to get that Dayton game. I want to see if they are as
good a match-up as I think.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Might be too early for this, but it is my last day at my job so I am not really doing anything....

But assume we get one of the top 4 seeds, we will most likely play(in the quarters) Umass, Richmond, GW, Lasalle, or Bonnies assuming nobody get upset....which of those would people want to see and who would you like to avoid

my ranking from who I want to play to not wanna play in this order...

Umass (I just am not scared of them and would enjoy knocking them out)
Bonnies(beat them with no EC)
GW (talented but total freefall)
Lasalle
Richmond (we could not guard Anthony in the 2nd half and he gets a foul call at will)
Clapton is God
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I expect to finish in 1st place and to win in Brooklyn.

Well providing that EC looks like the EC before that dunk attempt that might have aggravated his foot.

He was simply marvelous before that. Clearly on another plain than the rest. Of course Gibbs was very good but EC was just gliding around Davidson doing what he wanted.

The team is so good. They will get this done. GIL STEP IT UP. The margin for error is so much more when Gil hits a hook shot or two.
I don't expect to finish in first - the tie breakers don't go our way. I see us as a 2 or 3. (sweet - more day drinking time for the KB crew!!)

I can't co-sign EC being "marvelous" without the caveat of off-the-dribble, one-on-one. Still took too many early in the clock 3's and missed for my liking. But man, if he has you one-on-one, good luck trying to stop him getting to the rim. He's better than anyone in the conference at making that happen. There really isn't anyone that can stop him in that way. He gets into trouble going into double teams - but the more Jared and Jarvis can score from the field, the less teams will be able to double EC.

Hurley was right about Gil being a barometer. Biruta is such a wild card. You can't really depend on his low post defense, granted he is a 4 being asked to play the 5, but when his offense is off it's an absolute killer to this team. That and there's no excuse for a 5th year senior to be taking points off the board with offensive goal tending in a key game.

I think we're a team people want to avoid in Brooklyn though. An average night for our offense will win us just about every game thanks to our defense.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

This is good. Something we know. Stars often get ruined by
those around them. EC doesn't seem to have this problem:

http://t.co/mn1dPKPpxc
Last edited by rodfromcranston 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

EC previous to that dunk attempt! before that play he was slicing through them and dumping it off for Hassan, dropping it in the goal, and getting fouled.

After that play he had one of his patented turnovers that led to a layup.

I would prefer he never use his off hand. Teams don't really try to even take it away. Its either they guard him face up or double. There isn't much seemingly paid to his left hand.
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Just curious as to what other people thought about the non call on Terrell at the end of the first half. Seemed tough to me and others in my section when it happened, but not much mention here.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

It was a foul that wasn't called. A very obvious one, too.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

We would have missed the free throws....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

RAM67 wrote:Just curious as to what other people thought about the non call on Terrell at the end of the first half. Seemed tough to me and others in my section when it happened, but not much mention here.
I thought it was TJ. Just to clarify. Anyone else know for sure?
Either way myself and ATP and a bunch of others thought it should've been a foul, but DJ (the bald zebra) wasn't going to call the foul. It's pretty clear to me that he does not like Dan or Rhody in general. This has been an on going issue with him. He's very bad at his job. Hence, all the boos that were heard as the refs headed to the dressing room at the half.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

The Dude wrote:
RAM67 wrote:Just curious as to what other people thought about the non call on Terrell at the end of the first half. Seemed tough to me and others in my section when it happened, but not much mention here.
I thought it was TJ. Just to clarify. Anyone else know for sure?
Either way myself and ATP and a bunch of others thought it should've been a foul, but DJ (the bald zebra) wasn't going to call the foul. It's pretty clear to me that he does not like Dan or Rhody in general. This has been an on going issue with him. He's very bad at his job. Hence, all the boos that were heard as the refs headed to the dressing room at the half.
It definitely was TJ. I thought it should have been called. He was hit in the face and would have had a decent shot if he hadn't been hampered.
Slava Ukraini!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I thought there was a foul at the end of the half as well.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Almost knocked TJ down there.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I don't think it was a foul. TJ initiated the contact to try to draw the foul. It was his only option because of the clock. How did he have a good shot - he was short of midcourt.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:EC previous to that dunk attempt! before that play he was slicing through them and dumping it off for Hassan, dropping it in the goal, and getting fouled.

After that play he had one of his patented turnovers that led to a layup.

I would prefer he never use his off hand. Teams don't really try to even take it away. Its either they guard him face up or double. There isn't much seemingly paid to his left hand.
If he was slicing them up so much, how come he had scored 2FG (1 an outside shot) and had 1 assist when he got hurt. Rhody had scored 19 points in 13 minutes.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

I feel like 83 is peecee.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Nah. He's just a guy who isn't compelled to walk the
status quo line.
If we all agreed on everything, I'd be a very dull message board.