A10 WBB Tournament Chase Fieldhouse Wilmington March 1-5

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: A10 WBB Tournament Chase Fieldhouse Wilmington March 1-5

Unread post by PeteRI »

Sophie 2 from the line. That should do it.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

64-56 Rhody with 49 seconds left.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

URI killing it at the line: 19 for 21. 66-56 with 46.9 left.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

21-23 (91%) from the line. That'll win a lot of games.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

68-56 Rhody. Into the semifinals against winner of the Saints: Louis vs. Josephs. LFG!!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

21 turnovers tonight. Definitely have to cut that way down to get the ring.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Game is on TV tomorrow,right?
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Billyboy78 wrote: ↑1 year ago Game is on TV tomorrow,right?
Definitely. Not sure if it's ESPN+ or more legitimate cable. πŸ€“
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Ball handling remains a problem for this team.
NCAAs or Bust!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: ↑1 year ago
I thought it was one of the ESPNs or CBSSN
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Let's admit it: our performance against GW's press was putrid. Gotta work on that tomorrow morning. 21 turnovers going forward means we are going home without a championship.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody72 wrote: ↑1 year ago Ball handling remains a problem for this team.
You remain a problem for this site. We're in the semifinals so STFU you wretched excuse for a fan.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Dutat with 6 TOs, Magassa with 4,Toure and Hattix-Covington with 3 each. Let's tighten that up tomorrow.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: ↑1 year ago Dutat with 6 TOs, Magassa with 4,Toure and Hattix-Covington with 3 each. Let's tighten that up tomorrow.
A bunch of those were offensive fouls too.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

You remain a problem for this site. We're in the semifinals so STFU you wretched excuse for a fan.
I guess you didn't watch us go from 17 up to 4 up in~6 minutes once GW pressed us. I think byes may hurt this team because we don't get tired with all our depth just a little bit rusty. We will play better tomorrow. Dolly is a smart solid player but she is in a shooting slump. I didn't check the box score but I only recall Sophie making treys today. We are conference champions, we should make the semi-finals and the finals. Anything less will be disappointing.
NCAAs or Bust!
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Billyboy78 wrote: ↑1 year ago
It’s on CBSSN
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RIrugger01 wrote: ↑1 year ago
It’s on CBSSN
1:30 tipoff?
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

RIrugger01 wrote: ↑1 year ago

It’s on CBSSN
1:30 tipoff?
I assume so since St Louis had the late game today
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

St. Louis beat St. Joe's by 15, so that's our next opponent.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Billyboy78 wrote: ↑1 year ago St. Louis beat St. Joe's by 15, so that's our next opponent.
Wow. St. Joe's gave us everything we could handle. Will be a great matchup.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: ↑1 year ago
I guess you didn't watch us go from 17 up to 4 up in~6 minutes once GW pressed us. I think byes may hurt this team because we don't get tired with all our depth just a little bit rusty. We will play better tomorrow. Dolly is a smart solid player but she is in a shooting slump. I didn't check the box score but I only recall Sophie making treys today. We are conference champions, we should make the semi-finals and the finals. Anything less will be disappointing.
Sophie Phillips went 5-6FG, 3-4 3P, 4-4 FT for a very efficient team high 17 points.
Sophie also had a game high 3 blocked shots - next closest on either team was 1 block
In 2nd Q Sophie had an amazing sequence when she blocked a shot, a second later got the steal then went the length of the court for a layup but it was a long layup such that the announcer called it a finger roll - about a 5 foot layup is the best I can describe it - very nice sequence.

GW's full court press was tough. Very effective. Part of the ball handling problem you refer to is Lassiter picked up 4 fouls and played only 15 minutes.
Our other PG Ines Debroise played 24 minutes and she got 3 fouls. She is a freshman.

Anaelle Dutat got a bit shaken by the intensity of the GW press and had some trouble getting the ball inbounds after a made GW basket. Credit to GW and their coaching staff/players.

Loved seeing Anaelle get the first start of her career. Anaelle played 36 minutes. She had 8 points and 8 rebounds. Her last 4 games have been a consistent 8,9,8,8 rebounds. Tammi calls Anaelle her Dennis Rodman. Dutat does not play like a freshman. Poised, hard working, steady. She plays tough defense and often takes the opponents best player. Tammi is so smart. She knows who to play the most minutes based on how they are playing and the opponents strengths. Been impressed with her from game 1 of the season and her season high 14 rebounds, 8 offensive vs PC early in the season. Big time performance.
I hope Tammi starts Anaelle again today.

Toure produced points and rebounds. Announcer said she was like a WNBA player on the floor. Quite the compliment.

Agree with you 72 about the byes. I was worried about this being out 1st game, getting jitters. Good to have this behind us.

1st time in the A10 Semifinals since 2003 - a long 20 years ago.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI vs St Louis
1:30pm Today CBSSN

1st time in the Semi-Finals for URI since 2003

SLU has won 9 of last 10 games including wins over Fordham, St Joseph's, George Washington and UMASS

Brooke Flowers 6'5" vs Tenin Magassa 6'5" will be fun to watch as will TourΓ© matching up against Flowers. Important for Magassa and Toure to limit their fouls and stay eligible for playing time

Anaelle Dutat compliments Toure and Magassa so well. Anaelle's rebounding and defense keys to victory vs this tough St Louis team.

Sophie Phillips playing well. Her twin sister Lily, is in the America East Sem-Final for Albany tomorrow vs Maine.

Huge game today - understatement of the year.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: ↑1 year ago URI vs St Louis

SLU has won 9 of last 10 games including wins over Fordham, St Joseph's, George Washington and UMASS

Brooke Flowers 6'5" vs Tenin Magassa 6'5" will be fun to watch as will TourΓ© matching up against Flowers. Important for Magassa and Toure to limit their fouls and stay eligible for playing time

Anaelle Dutat compliments Toure and Magassa so well. Anaelle's rebounding and defense keys to victory vs this tough St Louis team.

Sophie Phillips playing well. Her twin sister Lily, is in the America East Sem-Final for Albany tomorrow vs Maine.

Yes Ramster, should be a great game.

Last game against us they only shot 35% and we outrebounded them 40-35.
Flowers did have 12 boards but only 8 pts on 3-11.
McMakin was 4-23 in that game.

I wonder if Emma is out for the rest of the A10T.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: ↑1 year ago

Announcers said she might go today. Personally I think we are good with Dutat starting and going 36 minutes. I loved that Tami started her.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: ↑1 year ago

Announcers said she might go today. Personally I think we are good with Dutat starting and going 36 minutes. I loved that Tami started her.
I agree Ramster, definitely like Dutat.

Also wouldn't mind Maye and "T" being on the court together.
Next season we may see a lot of that.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Magassa's last 3 games:
Last night 4 fouls in 11 minutes
Game before 4 fouls in 13 minutes
Game before that 4 fouls in 12 minutes

12 fouls in 36 minutes

She is the back up for TourΓ©. Allows two good centers for the full 40 minutes. If Magassa can reduce her fouls she can get more PT but until then it's 12 minutes per game
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Magassa's last 3 games:
Last night 4 fouls in 11 minutes
Game before 4 fouls in 13 minutes
Game before that 4 fouls in 12 minutes

12 fouls in 36 minutes

She is the back up for TourΓ©. Allows two good centers for the full 40 minutes. If Magassa can reduce her fouls she can get more PT but until then it's 12 minutes per game
Yes after missing so much playing time and practice this year, she still isn't quite in the flow.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Sophie Phillips went 5-6FG, 3-4 3P, 4-4 FT for a very efficient team high 17 points.
Sophie also had a game high 3 blocked shots - next closest on either team was 1 block
In 2nd Q Sophie had an amazing sequence when she blocked a shot, a second later got the steal then went the length of the court for a layup but it was a long layup such that the announcer called it a finger roll - about a 5 foot layup is the best I can describe it - very nice sequence.

GW's full court press was tough. Very effective. Part of the ball handling problem you refer to is Lassiter picked up 4 fouls and played only 15 minutes.
Our other PG Ines Debroise played 24 minutes and she got 3 fouls. She is a freshman.

Anaelle Dutat got a bit shaken by the intensity of the GW press and had some trouble getting the ball inbounds after a made GW basket. Credit to GW and their coaching staff/players.

Loved seeing Anaelle get the first start of her career. Anaelle played 36 minutes. She had 8 points and 8 rebounds. Her last 4 games have been a consistent 8,9,8,8 rebounds. Tammi calls Anaelle her Dennis Rodman. Dutat does not play like a freshman. Poised, hard working, steady. She plays tough defense and often takes the opponents best player. Tammi is so smart. She knows who to play the most minutes based on how they are playing and the opponents strengths. Been impressed with her from game 1 of the season and her season high 14 rebounds, 8 offensive vs PC early in the season. Big time performance.

Toure produced points and rebounds. Announcer said she was like a WNBA player on the floor. Quite the compliment.

Agree with you 72 about the byes. I was worried about this being out 1st game, getting jitters. Good to have this behind us.

Ramster, Dutat started and played all those minutes because Emma Squires was out. I like Dutat too, but I hope Emma is back. She is a vet, has size and is a good shooter. Anyway, this is the Sophie Phillips play you're talking about. If there's any change to the starting lineup, I think she should be starting, As much as I like Dolly, Sophie is much bigger and can do a lot more things.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Yes after missing so much playing time and practice this year, she still isn't quite in the flow.
"She" is Tenin. My observation is that she is getting better every game.
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramster, Dutat started and played all those minutes because Emma Squires was out. I like Dutat too, but I hope Emma is back. She is a vet, has size and is a good shooter. Anyway, this is the Sophie Phillips play you're talking about. If there's any change to the starting lineup, I think she should be starting, As much as I like Dolly, Sophie is much bigger and can do a lot more things.
Thanks for finding that Billyboy.
Isn't that amazing? Blocked shot, then steal then length of the court for that scoop type high off the backboard layup.
I think Sophie could have been starting for a while, and she did when Dolly was out for several games but Sophie gets her minutes and is such an offensive threat. A number of games this year she has scored points in bunches so quickly she turned games around. Her defense and shot blocking are solid. Plus she passes well. Only s Sophomore. Dutat only a freshman.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Thanks for finding that Billyboy.
Isn't that amazing? Blocked shot, then steal then length of the court for that scoop type high off the backboard layup.
I think Sophie could have been starting for a while, and she did when Dolly was out for several games but Sophie gets her minutes and is such an offensive threat. A number of games this year she has scored points in bunches so quickly she turned games around. Her defense and shot blocking are solid. Plus she passes well. Only s Sophomore. Dutat only a freshman.
Ramster, that is why I am saying next season can even be better.
With all our talent and youth coming back, Tammi won't need to dip into the portal like she did the last couple of seasons.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Looking back at the game we beat St. Louis during the season, Emmi Rinat came off the bench and scored 23 points. Toure, Say Say and MHC all scored 14. Need great offense like that again today.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

St Louis lost by 24 to St Joseph's at SJU but then beat St Joes by 15 yesterday - a 39 point swing

St Joseph's went 0-13 on 3Ps yesterday. St Louis defense was suffocating
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

#59 NET UMass vs #92 Richmond now
#69 Rhode Island vs #141 Saint Louis at 1:30
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McMakin and Flowers made 2nd team for St Louis

Flowers and Martinez captured 2 of the 5 All Defensive Team Awards

Flowers also got Co-Defensive Player of the Year
AAD01716-9446-45FB-9770-2E60B2D416EF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

I am certainly no expert on the Lady Rams, but I watched the St Louis game yesterday and that is a very good team. I have no idea how they have the record they have. I expect today's game to be very tough for the Rams as there will be better athletes and a little more size (I believe, at least the 6-5 center who was the defensive player of the year) on the other team. Have to take care of the basketball, and shoot it well from outside to win this game. Based on my eye test, I would call them the underdogs today. Don't shoot me, that is really what I believe after watching both teams yesterday. I am hoping dearly, as well as my daughter who is a huge fan, that my eye test is wrong and the Rams emerge victorious today.

As Ramster pointed out above with that St. Joes score, this St. Louis team is not the same team it was earlier in the year. They lost to St. Joes by 24 and then beat them by 15 in the conference tournament and have won ten of their last 11. Talking about peaking at the right time.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

UMass up 13 after 3.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

4Diffs wrote: ↑1 year ago I am certainly no expert on the Lady Rams, but I watched the St Louis game yesterday and that is a very good team. I have no idea how they have the record they have. I expect today's game to be very tough for the Rams as there will be better athletes and a little more size (I believe, at least the 6-5 center who was the defensive player of the year) on the other team. Have to take care of the basketball, and shoot it well from outside to win this game. Based on my eye test, I would call them the underdogs today. Don't shoot me, that is really what I believe after watching both teams yesterday. I am hoping dearly, as well as my daughter who is a huge fan, that my eye test is wrong and the Rams emerge victorious today.

As Ramster pointed out above with that St. Joes score, this St. Louis team is not the same team it was earlier in the year. They lost to St. Joes by 24 and then beat them by 15 in the conference tournament and have won ten of their last 11. Talking about peaking at the right time.
I agree with you 4diffs
St Louis is playing very, very good basketball right now.
They grabbed the 3 seed and have upward momentum.
They don't let many open 3Ps get taken.
I'd say we are s slight underdog today even though we are the 2-seed simply because St Louis is peaking as you said.

Big Tammi is very smart. She goes with the player(s) with the hot hand. She knows her players and does not hesitate to make adjustments. I'd never bet against a Tammi Reiss coached team. Never count her out.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

It's #2 vs #3. It should be a tough game.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Emma Squires is warming up. We'll see if she starts. It will help to have her experience and her shooting back.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

jcru wrote: ↑1 year ago It's #2 vs #3. It should be a tough game.
Point is record wise one is what 24-5 and the other is 15-17, so I think most people looking at those records only would not expect a tough game at all and would just say they choked (the classic lazy term used by many) if they lost the game. I hope not to hear any of that if they lose today. Anyway UMass looks like a wagon either way but it would be nice to face them for the Championship. Go Rhody!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

2 possessions, 2 turnovers. Not the start we needed.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I love Dolly but she needs to shoot better.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Sloppy play as Toure misses a layup then a short shot.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ANOTHER turnover,this time by Lassiter.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Turnovers and not finishing an early problem for us.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

1 for 9 with 3 turnovers in first 5 minutes. Down 10-3 at 4:50. Terrible start.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

These bad starts have become a disturbing trend.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Toure is ice cold. Hasn't hit a shot yet. Poor shot selection.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Dutat with the put back