Thorr Bjorn Appreciation Thread

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Thorr Bjorn Appreciation Thread

Unread post by Blue Man »

RAMFAN wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago The best. The absolute fucking best in the business. This man identified literally the best available coaching hire in the country. Not for URI. But in the country.

He sold our donors on Archie. He sold Archie on us.

When you see Thorr - say “thank you, I love you,” and give that man a hug…or at least a handshake.q Then give athletics some money to make good on all his promises to OUR HEAD COACH ARCHIE MILLER.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1638/lg ... 0&cid=2270

Scroll down to Athletic Directors fund.
hi blue man, i'm donating and have a question. is the athletic director's fund for the entire department or basketball specific?

thanks
Love these questions!

Athletic Director's fund is unrestricted giving for athletics. It allows them to put the money wherever they see a need. That's what I always give to because it gives them the most flexibility, and my mantra in life is "In Thorr I trust." When they used to do that "priority points" system, you got more points for unrestricted giving - but I don't think they do that anymore.

However, if you want your money restricted to only men's basketball, that's the "Fast Break" club.

A rising tide raises all boats - so any money you contribute helps URI!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Very few bond questions lose that badly. The recent Letter to the Editor in the Projo complaining about Archie Miller's salary illustrates the feeling of some Rhode Islanders providing an example of the opposition a bond might face

RF!-can you post link to the ProJo letter?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
RAMFAN wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago The best. The absolute fucking best in the business. This man identified literally the best available coaching hire in the country. Not for URI. But in the country.

He sold our donors on Archie. He sold Archie on us.

When you see Thorr - say “thank you, I love you,” and give that man a hug…or at least a handshake.q Then give athletics some money to make good on all his promises to OUR HEAD COACH ARCHIE MILLER.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1638/lg ... 0&cid=2270

Scroll down to Athletic Directors fund.
hi blue man, i'm donating and have a question. is the athletic director's fund for the entire department or basketball specific?

thanks
Love these questions!

Athletic Director's fund is unrestricted giving for athletics. It allows them to put the money wherever they see a need. That's what I always give to because it gives them the most flexibility, and my mantra in life is "In Thorr I trust." When they used to do that "priority points" system, you got more points for unrestricted giving - but I don't think they do that anymore.

However, if you want your money restricted to only men's basketball, that's the "Fast Break" club.

A rising tide raises all boats - so any money you contribute helps URI!
So BlueMan, if they don't do priority points, how are they determining priority on reseating? I've asked a couple of times about the donor levels and parking but no one seems to know.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago Very few bond questions lose that badly. The recent Letter to the Editor in the Projo complaining about Archie Miller's salary illustrates the feeling of some Rhode Islanders providing an example of the opposition a bond might face

RF!-can you post link to the ProJo letter?
The person compared Miller's $8.5M contract to their $8.00 (eight dollars) cost for a auto registration license plate. It perfectly sums up the mentality of many Rhode Islanders and why getting a bond approved for athletics infrastructure funding will be very difficult.

Courtesy of Ram1019 from the Archie Miller thread:
Projo Letter to Editor.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RF1 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Just as Blue Man was saying.