3/4 | Dayton | 3:30PM (NBCSN) | A10 2nd Round

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: 3/4 | Dayton | 3:30PM (NBCSN) | A10 2nd Round

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago No Shep, huge moment for Fatts.
Over under 25 shots for Fatts?

I wish I was kidding, but without Sheppard, I could easily see Fatts approach 30 shots.
Idc as long as they go in. Could be his last time in Keaney Blue.
If 11 of them go in, his shooting percentage goes up.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Makhel had a lot of foul problems early in the season. He seemed to have solved that in the middle of the season, but it's become a problem again. If he gets 2 early again, we're done. His mom will be in the crowd for the first time this year. I hope he's not overly emotional and aggressive in the first 5 minutes of the game.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Game opened Dayton (-3), currently Dayton (-4.5)
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......according to Koch, in the pamphlet today, Shep is unavailable......ouch.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
BlackDogRants
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BlackDogRants »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Game opened Dayton (-3), currently Dayton (-4.5)
If you happen to grab it at Dayton -3 it was a gift... I would even throw down at Dayton -4.5.
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......according to Koch, in the pamphlet today, Shep is unavailable......ouch.....
This was announced Tuesday afternoon by Cox.
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

BlackDogRants wrote: 3 years ago
If you happen to grab it at Dayton -3 it was a gift... I would even throw down at Dayton -4.5.
Agree I would take Dayton up to as high as 7 or 8 tbh, I think they beat Rhody handily. Something like 78-63 Dayton
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Joe95 wrote: 3 years ago
section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......according to Koch, in the pamphlet today, Shep is unavailable......ouch.....
I wonder if Cox is gonna game plan as if Sheppard is playing.
Go Rhody
BlackDogRants
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BlackDogRants »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No, but the game plan will key on containing Toppin.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sometimes adversity has a way of pulling a team together. Certainly there is no shortage of adversity for our team.

Hoping for a big win today at 3:30pm.

GO RHODY!
Smokinjimit2
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Smokinjimit2 »

The only chance we have to win a single game is Fatts.
If he gets hot ( he hasn’t all year) but if he does we can beat any a-10 team.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TrevlontRook3 wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Throw it all out. The year doesn't matter. Logic doesn't matter. It's the wildest time of the year. We can do this.

LETS FUCKING GO.
Blue Man, I wish I can be as excited as you. Just fearful this game will be ugly and be totally frustrated.

How can you go any lower after the last 7 games so pumped to watch and even more excited for the future.
Excited for the future huh? I hope your company doesn't drug test coming up
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago I think the only way that URI will fire Cox after this season, would be if the players let it be known they are extremely unhappy about the state of affairs, and threaten to leave if a change isn't made. Or actually do leave.

It's unlikely, but who knows?
More than have already left under Cox? How many have to leave before it's a known problem?
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......more money; head coach, assistant coaches, recruiting, practice facility, charter flights, players, other programs enhancements.......will fix everything.......no?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago Based on the way we have been trending and Dayton out for blood after blowing their 18 pt. lead losing in 2OT, I am not sure this game will even be
close.

We can't ignore our lousy defense and very questionable offense our team has been exhibiting.

On top of that no Shep, who led us in scoring game 1 with 16 pts and he had 17 pts. in the second game, he shot 57% from the field for both games combined.

It will be very difficult for us to make up his production.

I wish I had a reason to be more optimistic, but not feeling it.

I sure hope I am wrong and will be rooting hard for them.
drink more?
Good advice :)
Blender is ready to go for the Everclear milkshakes!
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Forget the BS for one day. Lets just win! Go RAMS
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Forget the BS for one day. Lets just win! Go RAMS
Absolutely!

Enjoy the game!

It’s been a long year since I was on my way to New York City last March.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
Absolutely!

Enjoy the game!

On my birthday last year I was working in Brooklyn, dropping off one of my reps at the Barclays subway station when I got the update that the A-10 tournament was cancelled. I was staring at A-10 championship banners and watching a replay of a KI championship sealing dunk on the videoboard in front of the entry doors. I drove 4 hours home listening to depressing James Blunt songs and passed the Rhody bus on the way. It was the worst birthday of my 32 previous ones.

I have needed today more than anything.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
Absolutely!

Enjoy the game!

On my birthday last year I was working in Brooklyn, dropping off one of my reps at the Barclays subway station when I got the update that the A-10 tournament was cancelled. I was staring at A-10 championship banners and watching a replay of a KI championship sealing dunk on the videoboard in front of the entry doors. I drove 4 hours home listening to depressing James Blunt songs and passed the Rhody bus on the way. It was the worst birthday of my 32 previous ones.

Is today your birthday? It is also mine, a win would be a great present.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Absolutely!

Enjoy the game!

March 12th. Typically tournament time. Hence why this tournament has always been special to me since I was little. And why the Atlantic City tournaments were particularly dangerous for me in my early 20's.

But Happy Birthday to you! Hopefully you can get a present for a W today and I can ask for a championship win for mine!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

March 12th. Typically tournament time. Hence why this tournament has always been special to me since I was little. And why the Atlantic City tournaments were particularly dangerous for me in my early 20's.

But Happy Birthday to you! Hopefully you can get a present for a W today and I can ask for a championship win for mine!
Thanks, we can only hope!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I would just like to note that I put on my LUCKIEST of all lucky Rhody shirts this morning...
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Nope. Either I’m going to the moon because I’m putting $100 on Rhody money line and flying high into the next game or ending then season goin for down in flames and extinguishing it with an unhealthy amount of whiskey
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Afternoon meetings have been canceled. Heading home shortly, cracking a beer (or 5 depending on how this goes) & settling in for a day/night of a10 basketball.

Let's gooooooo!!
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'm seeing Dayton -3.5 now.
GO RAMS
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

The ball is tipped
And there you are
You're running for your life
You're a shooting star

How will this play out for us?
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Smokinjimit2 wrote: 3 years ago The only chance we have to win a single game is Fatts.
If he gets hot ( he hasn’t all year) but if he does we can beat any a-10 team.
I think the defense is our best opportunity for improvement in this game. Fatts looks to me like his injuries are still with him.

Last 3 games the opponent's PG has played big minutes and effectively:
Dayton - Jalen Crutcher 41 minutes, 7-18 FG, 5 Assists, 22 points
George Washington - James Bishop 38 minutes, 9-14 FG, 3 assists, 28 points
Duquesne - Tavian Dunn-Martin 39 minutes, 5-12 FG, 6 assists, 14 points

Maybe Cox can put Leggett on Crutcher defensively - Crutcher is the straw that stirs the drink for Dayton - slow him down and we have a chance
Cox could also switch Martin onto Crutcher at times as Martin is quick, strong and relentless on defense. Let Russell go more to the wing on defense without the PG pressure. I've noticed him backing well off his man during the last 3 games - he looks hurt to me. The rest on defense will help him with his offense hopefully.
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

In about three hours I will be standing a foot from my tv screaming for my rams. Being a ram fan ain’t easy. I started in 65 and have seen every possible situation. I attended every home game in the mid eighties where our record was 10-17, 6-22, 8 and 20, 9 and 19 in consecutive years. I could count the student body easily because all ten of them were on the stage. Our first round a-10 in 86 was a home game against Penn State. Everyone thought we had a chance. We didn’t. I wonder sometimes if I was a Kansas fan. How depressing it must be to go to the dance ever year. (Unless you lose to the Rams). Btw, 1300 attended the Penn state game.Win or lose today, I will be back at the Ryan next year. Like many of you, but not all, I am a dreamer. I turn 72 in April. Still planning to dance!
Go Rhody!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

neil wrote: 3 years ago In about three hours I will be standing a foot from my tv screaming for my rams. Being a ram fan ain’t easy. I started in 65 and have seen every possible situation. I attended every home game in the mid eighties where our record was 10-17, 6-22, 8 and 20, 9 and 19 in consecutive years. I could count the student body easily because all ten of them were on the stage. Our first round a-10 in 86 was a home game against Penn State. Everyone thought we had a chance. We didn’t. I wonder sometimes if I was a Kansas fan. How depressing it must be to go to the dance ever year. (Unless you lose to the Rams). Btw, 1300 attended the Penn state game.Win or lose today, I will be back at the Ryan next year. Like many of you, but not all, I am a dreamer. I turn 72 in April. Still planning to dance!
Go Rhody!
Phenomenal. Good for you. I think we have an excellent chance today, we can beat VCU tomorrow and no reason why we can't go to Dayton for the A10 Championship game next week.

I also will be on the edge of my seat, can't wait until 3:30pm. Not as good as being there but it's also fun to be able to watch these other A10 games prior to our game.

Imagine Richmond, Top 25 Team earlier in the season and here Duquesne defeats #8 Seed Richmond in Richmond 67-62.
Dambrot was asked what would it mean to beat Richmond today? Dambrot said absolutely nothing if we do not go on and win the A10 Tournament. Love that attitude and belief.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

neil wrote: 3 years ago In about three hours I will be standing a foot from my tv screaming for my rams. Being a ram fan ain’t easy. I started in 65 and have seen every possible situation. I attended every home game in the mid eighties where our record was 10-17, 6-22, 8 and 20, 9 and 19 in consecutive years. I could count the student body easily because all ten of them were on the stage. Our first round a-10 in 86 was a home game against Penn State. Everyone thought we had a chance. We didn’t. I wonder sometimes if I was a Kansas fan. How depressing it must be to go to the dance ever year. (Unless you lose to the Rams). Btw, 1300 attended the Penn state game.Win or lose today, I will be back at the Ryan next year. Like many of you, but not all, I am a dreamer. I turn 72 in April. Still planning to dance!
Go Rhody!
Phenomenal. Good for you. I think we have an excellent chance today, we can beat VCU tomorrow and no reason why we can't go to Dayton for the A10 Championship game next week.

I also will be on the edge of my seat, can't wait until 3:30pm. Not as good as being there but it's also fun to be able to watch these other A10 games prior to our game.

Imagine Richmond, Top 25 Team earlier in the season and here Duquesne defeats #8 Seed Richmond in Richmond 67-62.
Dambrot was asked what would it mean to beat Richmond today? Dambrot said absolutely nothing if we do not go on and win the A10 Tournament. Love that attitude and belief.
That's what having a great coach is like.
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Umass is unconscious from deep rn, only shoot 32% from deep on the year but have 10 already this half. Maybe this a sign that Carey and Bertrand will rain threes down on Dayton today!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

59-36 UMASS at the half. 12-20 on 3FGs
Offensive clinic
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Love this passing, drive and dunk by Betrand.
Hope to see this aggressive play out of him today

Big opportunity for Martin and Betrand today. They can play very key roles in defeating Dayton today

Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

I applaud the posters who are excited by the prospect of watching a URI game today. I wish I had a tenth of the enthusiasm some of you have but I'm just not able to muster up anything, I guess this team has just beaten me up to a point where I just want it to end. Sure, I'll be watching today and also likely be shaking my head side to side as I've been all season. I'd love to see a "different" URI team show up with a sense of urgency and leave everything on the court and give max effort and show some life, just like you'd expect when the next game of your season can very well be the last you play. Just not expecting much, hope I'm wrong.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Shinze88 wrote: 3 years ago I applaud the posters who are excited by the prospect of watching a URI game today. I wish I had a tenth of the enthusiasm some of you have but I'm just not able to muster up anything, I guess this team has just beaten me up to a point where I just want it to end. Sure, I'll be watching today and also likely be shaking my head side to side as I've been all season. I'd love to see a "different" URI team show up with a sense of urgency and leave everything on the court and give max effort and show some life, just like you'd expect when the next game of your season can very well be the last you play. Just not expecting much, hope I'm wrong.
Prove Shinze Wrong! Prove Shinze Wrong! :lol:

The way I look at it, this will probably be the last URI game for the next 7-8 months. Might as well try to enjoy it as much as possible.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Gonna be real tough without Shep. Will still be watching of course. Now where did I put my flagellant...
Mobley was fouled.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Anyone joining the Alumni Association Zoom meetup? Just found out old friend EZBuckets is hosting.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In his 1st 6 games for URI Betrand hit (10-21) 3FGs. He can shoot it, today is a great day for him to display his shooting touch. Good breakout game for Betrand and Martin!!
GO RHODY!!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Shinze88 wrote: 3 years ago I applaud the posters who are excited by the prospect of watching a URI game today. I wish I had a tenth of the enthusiasm some of you have but I'm just not able to muster up anything, I guess this team has just beaten me up to a point where I just want it to end. Sure, I'll be watching today and also likely be shaking my head side to side as I've been all season. I'd love to see a "different" URI team show up with a sense of urgency and leave everything on the court and give max effort and show some life, just like you'd expect when the next game of your season can very well be the last you play. Just not expecting much, hope I'm wrong.
Ya, I expect a double-digit loss but I'll be losing my mind during the game!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

I’m expecting Carey or Bertrand to be the key to this game. Someone will have to step up for us to keep this close. Go Rhody! Not very optimistic this game will be close but, here we go.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Pregame interview with Cox and he was asked what advice did he give Fatts before the game. Cox said I gave him no advice.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Hopefully Rhody brings the defense today to make this a game.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

HERE WE GO...
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Pregame interview with Cox and he was asked what advice did he give Fatts before the game. Cox said I gave him no advice.
One could argue this may actually be a good thing :lol:
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Pick up the defense guys c'mon.
Mobley was fouled.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I like the energy so far at least. Bit of a slow start but the effort is there.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Betrand gets a Tommy point.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

How was Fatts’ layup not an and 1??!
Go Rhody
adam914