Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I can understand why people under 50 want to get out and get back to normal...they aren't going to get very sick from the virus, for the vast majority anyway.

But these people have parents and grandparents, who WILL suffer if their kids come into contact with them.

Even at 68 I'm willing to take some risks.....but how much is too much?

I agree, if there is another lockdown, total disaster awaits.

So try and avoid it, if at all possible.

People just aren't patient.
Rambone78 at times you’re a great poster. Your negative takes on urirams hoops are often injected with historical facts and your takes at times elucidate thoughts many of us are fearful to say out loud.

I gotta say tho the injection of covid19 doom in every single post you make is killing me.

I’m a bit younger that you but pretty much screwed with this mess. No blues jams for my guitarring, had to quit my ski season early no tennis and even trying to play golf is scary. I’m trying to do other fun inside stuff and I come here perhaps to fantasize that I’ll even be able to go to Ryan Center or Boss Arena next season.

Politely man you’re killin me.

Thus the request...

Can we try and confine the doomsday talk to this thread and not dwell on it too much in the Rhody hoop posts?

Pretty plz?

(Warp speed on the vaccine 💉)
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

YES! What 57 said!
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

As a parent of two daughters who attend the school, including one who is a Ramette, I have keen interest in the plan for the fall. Although the virus will certainly not be eradicated by Labor Day, I expect that students will return to campus this fall. There’s too much at stake revenue wise not to try. Even though I am in the 60+ age category, I am ok with this. The in person college experience is important. It was important to me and is equally important to today’s students. Lifelong relationships are cultivated that cannot be duplicated from home. The education has to be better when it includes personal interaction with other students and professors.
I’m sure the powers that be are meeting daily to discuss how to open up safely. Specifically, how does social distancing work with classes, dorm living, dining halls, recreational activities, etc? Do they staff health services differently? Plenty of other issues, with no easy answers. It will take a lot of diligence by staff and students to pull this off safely, until an effective vaccine is developed. Who knows when that will happen?
If I had the chance to ask just one question of the decision makers, it would be: If you do reopen in the fall, what is your plan when staff/students test positive? This will happen, to some degree. If you have something like a dorm reserved for those that test positive and self isolation for a certain period of time, then I may be nervous but be on board. Of course, there’s the element of contact tracing and quarantine and can that be done successfully, and how these students can do their work successfully, get food, etc, but I won’t get into that now.
On the other hand, if the answer is that once more than a handful of people test positive, they close campus and send everyone home, they shouldn’t open in the fall at all.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I can understand why people under 50 want to get out and get back to normal...they aren't going to get very sick from the virus, for the vast majority anyway.

But these people have parents and grandparents, who WILL suffer if their kids come into contact with them.

Even at 68 I'm willing to take some risks.....but how much is too much?

I agree, if there is another lockdown, total disaster awaits.

So try and avoid it, if at all possible.

People just aren't patient.
Rambone78 at times you’re a great poster. Your negative takes on urirams hoops are often injected with historical facts and your takes at times elucidate thoughts many of us are fearful to say out loud.

I gotta say tho the injection of covid19 doom in every single post you make is killing me.

I’m a bit younger that you but pretty much screwed with this mess. No blues jams for my guitarring, had to quit my ski season early no tennis and even trying to play golf is scary. I’m trying to do other fun inside stuff and I come here perhaps to fantasize that I’ll even be able to go to Ryan Center or Boss Arena next season.

Politely man you’re killin me.

Thus the request...

Can we try and confine the doomsday talk to this thread and not dwell on it too much in the Rhody hoop posts?

Pretty plz?

(Warp speed on the vaccine 💉)

+ one billion.

Every goddam post in every goddam thread by him is virus related.

WE GET IT, PLEASE STOP FLOODING EVERY POST AND THREAD WITH VIRUS TALK.

(P.S. I’m well aware this is the virus thread.)
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Going to decide soon on whether to leave this board, for posting anyway.

I'll still PM people and reply to them however. Those that I know personally, and those who don't trash others.

This really isn't a lot of fun anymore. I'm not being run off the board, I'm running myself off.

Had enough of the insults and personal attacks...and not just about me either.

Will always be a Rhody fan.

Rambone Out.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

15 and 57... you put a lot of time into that ("Guardians of the Board"?)...do you seriously have nothing better to do? wtf?
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Don't go Rambone...I enjoy your input.....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago 15 and 57... you put a lot of time into that ("Guardians of the Board"?)...do you seriously have nothing better to do? wtf?
We’re not the only two who have said what we said about the posts. But paint me as the bad guy in all this if you want, I don’t care.

But when I’m sure some (including me) read this board to escape all the virus talk on tv and other websites, yet continue to see virus posts in every single thread, it gets tiring.

Obviously this is the dedicated virus thread, so post all you want about it here.

But when it’s in every single thread it gets to be too much and redundant.
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

I am very sorry to hear that Rambone. Truly.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago 15 and 57... you put a lot of time into that ("Guardians of the Board"?)...do you seriously have nothing better to do? wtf?
I just politely hit tilt on how much this stinks 208.

I’m still on for that beer sooner rather than later at Effie’s!

No way I want Rambone78 gone that’s pretty incomprehensible actually, just less covid19 doom. He’s right tho we’re pretty much screwed and at times I /we get snarky.

This thread can be doom central no?

“Guardians of the Board” lol that’s pretty good👍
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I do appreciate the support from some of you, I really do.

Just that PM's are a better way to share opinions without the thought police getting involved.

This isn't just about this issue, it's an accumulation of issues.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I just politely hit tilt on how much this stinks 208.

I’m still on for that beer sooner rather than later at Effie’s!

No way I want Rambone78 gone that’s pretty incomprehensible actually, just less covid19 doom. He’s right tho we’re pretty much screwed and at times I /we get snarky.

This thread can be doom central no?

“Guardians of the Board” lol that’s pretty good👍
In defense of 15 and 57 they are not the only "Guardian's of the Board"

In defense of Rambone there are a number of others gloom/doom on Covid. Some reference often possibly no season at all, no OOC Games, no Florida Gulf Coast game, no Boise State game, the 2 back to back games will never take place, a 2nd wave is coming worse than the 1st wave, etc...............who knows what will happen

Some latest info points to a more positive than several frequently refer to here (not just Rambone by a long shot)

June 1 - Basketball and Football Athletes can return to campus per NCAA announcement last week
College Football is planning to have their games
NFL conducted their Draft on schedule
NFL is planning games - no shortened schedule. Schedules for all teams already announced
Many Colleges/Universities have already announced they will have school in the Fall. Notre Dame was one of first to announce
Have heard that All Students will be required to have a Flu Shot to enroll in school this year
Some schools are starting earlier and ending before December
Schools are planning on how they will operate
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

THE LIST: College athletics teams cut, sports suspended, and schools closed
https://hoopdirt.com/the-list-college-a ... ls-closed/
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I do appreciate the support from some of you, I really do.

Just that PM's are a better way to share opinions without the thought police getting involved.

This isn't just about this issue, it's an accumulation of issues.
I know we do not always agree on here but personally I'd rather you stuck around. One thing that I do once in a while is temporarily put someone as a foe when the vibe is off. It just makes for a more enjoyable experience. I do not think that I ever gave you any grief on here but if I did it was not meant personally.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rambone, please stay!!! I agree that this board has lost it's fun. People need to get offended over anything and everything lately..

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You may not agree with their opinion but it's theirs. What drives me nuts about people going at Rambone is you can BLOCK HIM. Stop complaining about his posts and block him.

He posts about covid, our players, our coach, and our program because he's a loyal fan. He's been one for a very long time.

I hope you keep posting Rambone.
Last edited by steveystuds06 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

We need more Ramfans posting...not fewer...
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

I can honestly say I have never put anyone on a block list before. Wouldn't even know how to use that feature. Not just on here, but anywhere on the internet.

I just think blocking defeats the purpose of coming on here. I say some "lazy" things (not well thought out things?) sometimes and I get pulverized for my comments, but part of this is learning when to respond and having the self discipline? to not respond sometimes. I wouldn't put anyone on a "foe" list because I don't think of anyone on here as a foe. I just have disagreements with a few posters sometimes.

In any case, I think Rambone is an asset to this community, and his concerns for Covid-19 are well warranted.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I can honestly say I have never put anyone on a block list before. Wouldn't even know how to use that feature. Not just on here, but anywhere on the internet.

I just think blocking defeats the purpose of coming on here. I say some "lazy" things (not well thought out things?) sometimes and I get pulverized for my comments, but part of this is learning when to respond and having the self discipline? to not respond sometimes. I wouldn't put anyone on a "foe" list because I don't think of anyone on here as a foe. I just have disagreements with a few posters sometimes.

In any case, I think Rambone is an asset to this community, and his concerns for Covid-19 are well warranted.

Nobody is saying he should stop posting about Covid.

There is a dedicated thread to the virus, which is this one.

What I’m (and others) are saying is don’t flood every thread with virus talk, every single day. It’s tiring, repetitive, and pretty annoying.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

How hard is it to skip posts? If you get to a post about the 'rona, not in the 'rona thread....keep a-scrolling. One of my favorite posters on here is sometimes just tl:dr.... doesn't mean he should be booted or told what to do.

This whole virus thing is really frustrating...for everyone..not surprising it finds its way into multiple threads. There's not much right now that is "unrelated" though. It impacts everyone, somehow, one way or another. I consider myself very fortunate to have had no impact on my ability to earn a decent wage...in fact, have added people to the team. Many others are not as fortunate and a lot are just plain fearful. I walk on our local bike path regularly. Hardly anyone wears a mask (me included), but every once in a while, you pass someone that yanks up their mask and jumps off the path when you go by. It's just freakn weirdness with no end in sight.

The biggest frustration is...we do nothing, except set up pretend dates. Whereas, if we were truly pointing to something meaningful, it would be...as of xx date, or _____ whichever comes first. But, there's no conditions...nothing that fills the blank...just arbitrary dates. And politicians are using it all to fuel &%$@ measuring contests, while most of the rest of us are either pixxed off because they can't go get a drink with a buddy or too scared to go get a drink with a buddy...

57, I'm still down for that cold one...someday.... 8-)
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago How hard is it to skip posts? If you get to a post about the 'rona, not in the 'rona thread....keep a-scrolling. One of my favorite posters on here is sometimes just tl:dr.... doesn't mean he should be booted or told what to do.

This whole virus thing is really frustrating...for everyone..not surprising it finds its way into multiple threads. There's not much right now that is "unrelated" though. It impacts everyone, somehow, one way or another. I consider myself very fortunate to have had no impact on my ability to earn a decent wage...in fact, have added people to the team. Many others are not as fortunate and a lot are just plain fearful. I walk on our local bike path regularly. Hardly anyone wears a mask (me included), but every once in a while, you pass someone that yanks up their mask and jumps off the path when you go by. It's just freakn weirdness with no end in sight.

The biggest frustration is...we do nothing, except set up pretend dates. Whereas, if we were truly pointing to something meaningful, it would be...as of xx date, or _____ whichever comes first. But, there's no conditions...nothing that fills the blank...just arbitrary dates. And politicians are using it all to fuel &%$@ measuring contests, while most of the rest of us are either pixxed off because they can't go get a drink with a buddy or too scared to go get a drink with a buddy...

Just met up with my 2 veteran buddies and their wives at the Black Pearl in Newport for drinks and food to celebrate fallen soldiers we knew and didn't. We had a great time. Although, since only 5 to a table, we had the wives at one and the guys at another. Complete lunacy. People were laughing as we were talking to our wives at the other table.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

This is the freaking internet...no topic stays on topic...let’s not nitpick fellow rams
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......agreed, Bone take the summer off, on here, come back in Fall when we all will have more known than unknowns......stay being a safe and healthy you......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago How hard is it to skip posts? If you get to a post about the 'rona, not in the 'rona thread....keep a-scrolling. One of my favorite posters on here is sometimes just tl:dr.... doesn't mean he should be booted or told what to do.

Read your first two lines and skipped the rest, but I figure that was kinda the point anyway.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago
If schools being in the ears of a player while he's committed to another school isn't tampering, then what is?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Reading that some colleges are anticipating playing football with 50% of the stadium seats filled. Calculating Season Ticket Holders' seats first and then filling in with single ticket sales.

If that were to happen at Ryan Center...How many season ticket holders do we have for basketball on average yearly?

I am figuring that some will not renew this year based on comments on this board.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago Reading that some colleges are anticipating playing football with 50% of the stadium seats filled. Calculating Season Ticket Holders' seats first and then filling in with single ticket sales.

If that were to happen at Ryan Center...How many season ticket holders do we have for basketball on average yearly?

I am figuring that some will not renew this year based on comments on this board.
I was just going to post that my guess is that fans will be allowed in Kingston this year, but it will be capped at a certain capacity of a sold out arena.

And yea, I wouldn't be shocked if some here (and throughout the country) don't renew.
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago Reading that some colleges are anticipating playing football with 50% of the stadium seats filled. Calculating Season Ticket Holders' seats first and then filling in with single ticket sales.

I was just going to post that my guess is that fans will be allowed in Kingston this year, but it will be capped at a certain capacity of a sold out arena.

And yea, I wouldn't be shocked if some here (and throughout the country) don't renew.
The gov just threw out that mask wearing may go on for 5 or 6 months. Tell you what, I'm not wearing a mask at the Ryan Center. I'll just watch at home. I'm going to have to call Tyler to see what the deal will be with my season tix.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

My guess (and it seems pretty obvious) would be if fans are allowed in only with a mask, and you refuse to buy your season tickets because of a personal choice not to wear it, you would lose the tickets.

Can’t see the athletic department going “oh he/she is choosing not to wear a mask this season, that’s ok we’ll hold the tickets for them next year.”
Go Rhody
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I FULLY expect marketing department to be offering free Rhody mask give-aways!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Honestly, Im using the pink scarf thingy that they gave out during Coaches v Cancer as a mask when I am out walking the dog...
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago My guess (and it seems pretty obvious) would be if fans are allowed in only with a mask, and you refuse to buy your season tickets because of a personal choice not to wear it, you would lose the tickets.

Can’t see the athletic department going “oh he/she is choosing not to wear a mask this season, that’s ok we’ll hold the tickets for them next year.”
Really? I kinda think they would. Given the circumstances and time in seat. But you never know.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago I FULLY expect marketing department to be offering free Rhody mask give-aways!
Definitely should be the first giveaway of the season, whether that is the season ticket holder event, first exhibition, or first real game.
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago My guess (and it seems pretty obvious) would be if fans are allowed in only with a mask, and you refuse to buy your season tickets because of a personal choice not to wear it, you would lose the tickets.

Really? I kinda think they would. Given the circumstances and time in seat. But you never know.
I can’t see them giving a hold on tickets for people making a personal choice not to obey Ryan Center/state policy and losing out on ticket revenue for a season (unless you buy your tickets but don’t go to the game because of the mask policy).

If that’s the only thing that stands between going to the games or having to watch on TV, I’m not going to let a small piece of cloth determine my weekly enjoyment from October - March.
Go Rhody
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The gov just threw out that mask wearing may go on for 5 or 6 months. Tell you what, I'm not wearing a mask at the Ryan Center. I'll just watch at home. I'm going to have to call Tyler to see what the deal will be with my season tix.
Must prepare for the worst...
Wear masks, arrive 45 mins early for a temp and cavity check. Also no parking, concessions, pubs, replays or bathrooms...

There has to be a way to make it even worse...I just can't think of any right now....
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Must prepare for the worst...
Wear masks, arrive 45 mins early for a temp and cavity check. Also no parking, concessions, pubs, replays or bathrooms...

There has to be a way to make it even worse...I just can't think of any right now....
No 🚽 bathrooms ?

😱
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

Must prepare for the worst...

No transfers eligible. How's that to make it worse?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

No 🚽 bathrooms ?

😱
If that's the case, maybe the first giveaway to fans from the Marketing Dept. should be a Rhody incontinence liner. :)
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago

No 🚽 bathrooms ?

😱
If that's the case, maybe the first giveaway to fans from the Marketing Dept. should be a Rhody incontinence liner. :)
I’ve always wanted to sell Depends at Times Square on New Year’s Eve.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

There were already plenty of money issues in Storrs but Covid-19 has made it even worse:

UConn's Football Failures Are Catching Up to It, and the School Has Itself to Blame
https://www.si.com/college/2020/05/26/u ... ports-cuts

How bad could it get at UConn? Courant columnist Michael Anthony urged the Huskies to drop eight sports, going from 24 to the NCAA Division I FBS minimum of 16. A 24-team department is larger than most, but whacking one-third of it would rival the biggest bloodlettings in collegiate sports history.

UConn bracing for ‘deep cuts’ to sports and academics
https://www.nhregister.com/uconn/articl ... 283947.php
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

So! Just dumped a bunch of political posts. As a reminder, politics talk on Keaney Blue is generally prohibited because there are literally hundreds of other sites about that subject on the Internet, but there's pretty much one site to talk about URI basketball and other sports.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

SG - please accept my apology. It was a trigger reaction - I should have walked away. On topic, I can share that the AAU HS situation is crazy. The NABC and the WBCA have advised their coaches to stay off the road. Certain leagues have already directed their coaches that this is non-negotiable. The NCAA has extended the blackout period to 6/30. Based on emails received, we will see tournaments in July with extensive COVID practices put in place. These events will be held in states that are on the 'early open' end of the spectrum, often with unique scheduling enhancements. Still a lot of unanswered questions, not the least of which will be: Will teams choose to go to these events if they aren't local?

My organization is crafting a survey to gather family/parent thoughts. In addition to safety on and around the court, many families are dealing with reduced or removed income. In the past we would bunk kids together, but we won't be allowed to do this. Families in a room only, per event guidelines.

It's truly a kluge. We are doing Zoom workouts (our kids come from NH/VT/MA/CT) 5 days a week, with added check ins, but we aren't event close to being allowed to have team workouts. I think we'll see a lot of 21's looking to go prep or post grad; or they will pray for an impactful Senior year in HS. May be a return to the old days where the spring signing period becomes the primary, at least this time around.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Not sports related but it does involve large indoor crowds in RI - PPAC has announced that it will not reopen until at least 2021. Will remain shuttered for the remaining seven months of 2020.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Not sports related but it does involve large indoor crowds in RI - PPAC has announced that it will not reopen until at least 2021. Will remain shuttered for the remaining seven months of 2020.
That's just insane. RI has what,597 deaths?????????? That's it. Less than 600 people have died from this in the state. Hell the state has normally over 700 deaths by accident per year. People have lost their minds. Usually around 500 deaths from Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease per year. Would love to see how many have died since January from CLRD.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Not sports related but it does involve large indoor crowds in RI - PPAC has announced that it will not reopen until at least 2021. Will remain shuttered for the remaining seven months of 2020.
That's just insane. RI has what,597 deaths?????????? That's it. Less than 600 people have died from this in the state. Hell the state has normally over 700 deaths by accident per year. People have lost their minds. Usually around 500 deaths from Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease per year. Would love to see how many have died since January from CLRD.
The state has had 600 deaths *even though* they've taken aggressive measures to curtail the spread. This is kind of like the arguments when it comes to hurricane prep, when people get upset that "only" a couple people died. Well yeah - if you take it seriously, it looks like you overreacted. (And, I imagine that not many people actually think that states overreacted.) I suppose you can argue that nobody should have taken steps to mitigate this, but that seems like a particularly cold stance to take, since it pretty much means death for the elderly. Or, people like my fiancee, who has an autoimmune disease.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 4 years ago
The state has had 600 deaths *even though* they've taken aggressive measures to curtail the spread. This is kind of like the arguments when it comes to hurricane prep, when people get upset that "only" a couple people died. Well yeah - if you take it seriously, it looks like you overreacted. (And, I imagine that not many people actually think that states overreacted.) I suppose you can argue that nobody should have taken steps to mitigate this, but that seems like a particularly cold stance to take, since it pretty much means death for the elderly. Or, people like my fiancee, who has an autoimmune disease.
Sure Steve. Like my wife's aunt who passed the other day who has been going downhill since December. Cause of death. Rona. And please protect your future wife. Keep her safe please. I'm not being cold. Just a numbers person.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

655. Rhode Island is 4th in the country (behind NY, NJ and Mass) in cases per 1 million and 5th in deaths per 1 million.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

My guess is that they'll approach this like restaurants. They will ensure everyone is adequately distanced to comply with the social distance requirements so they won't require people to wear their masks while in their seats. My guess is the masks are worn only while away from your seats which is a significantly less amount of time than the amount of time spent in seats watching the games.

I wear my mask and stay away from people because I know I'm not an infectious disease expert but the infectious disease experts all say that staying 6ft apart and wearing a mask is the right thing to do, so I listen. I won't fall into Dunning-Kruger and think I know more than I do about this topic to where I question the people who have worked in that field for 30+ years.
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »