Atlantic 10 Tournament Game Day Action

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Atlantic 10 Tournament Game Day Action

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Is this a bit that you’re doing here?

They’re keeping fans out because mass gatherings of people is dangerous for the people. They’re keeping fans away from each other. Obviously everyone would rather have the fans there - players, coaches, fans, the people putting on the event. They’re taking a precaution for the public good. Fans should be happy they are still putting the games on because at least we can take enjoyment from watching it on television. The idea that someone would say “I wish they would just not play the games at all” is so unbelievably bizarre to me that it seems like the thought of a malfunctioning brain. If they can play the game safely then I definitely want to watch it, especially if I’m trapped in my house.
I guess you could make your point without the hyperbole of "unbelievably bizarre" and "malfunctioning brain".

So here I am sitting in NY. My guess is you were not planning to attend. I'm not sure if you attended many games since you earlier stated you didn't know what CUE was. But it is pretty frustrating to be on site and have the unexpected announcement be made. Thousands of Big East Fans in NYC are none too happy either.

If the announcement was so obvious and clear cut that it just had to be done, then why did it take until Wednesday night at 9:30pm? What was Bill Koch even knowledgeable that discussions were going on Tuesday and none of that was shared with anybody. I would have cancelled my hotel, my transportation and waited it out if I knew there was even a 20% chance that Fans would not be allowed in.

But to call cancelling the games coming from someone with a "malfunctioning brain" is bizarre in itself. Glad you got 6 likes too - that will encourage you to be more insulting I suppose.

Nut consider someone with a malfunctioning brain cancelled the NBA Games. They are not going to play those games for the enjoyment of people on their TV. They are cancelled for safety. So my malfunctioning brain says if the NBA can cancel games because it is the right thing to do, then why wouldn't colleges do the same.

But then I'm stupid.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hey ramster, remember during all the "Fordham should get kicked out" talk, how you would repeatedly posted that people should stop talking about it on here and just email the conference instead since they are the only ones that could do anything about it? I believe you even provided the necessary contact information. Maybe that would be the best course of action on this subject to? Nobody here can do anything about it.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago Hey ramster, remember during all the "Fordham should get kicked out" talk, how you would repeatedly posted that people should stop talking about it on here and just email the conference instead since they are the only ones that could do anything about it? I believe you even provided the necessary contact information. Maybe that would be the best course of action on this subject to? Nobody here can do anything about it.
yep.
In fact, that's why I'm rooting for Fordham to win yesterday and today. But not tomorrow.
But please consider that I have a malfunctioning brain so be patient
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Donovan Mitchell covid19 positive

PGA tour banning fans in Florida starting tomorrow

Charles Barkley just called for cancel ncaa tourney
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

They’re keeping fans out because mass gatherings of people is dangerous for the people. They’re keeping fans away from each other. Obviously everyone would rather have the fans there - players, coaches, fans, the people putting on the event. They’re taking a precaution for the public good. Fans should be happy they are still putting the games on because at least we can take enjoyment from watching it on television. The idea that someone would say “I wish they would just not play the games at all” is so unbelievably bizarre to me that it seems like the thought of a malfunctioning brain. If they can play the game safely then I definitely want to watch it, especially if I’m trapped in my house.
If the announcement was so obvious and clear cut that it just had to be done, then why did it take until Wednesday night at 9:30pm? What was Bill Koch even knowledgeable that discussions were going on Tuesday and none of that was shared with anybody. I would have cancelled my hotel, my transportation and waited it out if I knew there was even a 20% chance that Fans would not be allowed in.
Honest question, how did you not know there was a 20% chance of this happening? We had videos shared that had URI players talking about this possibility at the media availability before going to Brooklyn. Cancellations were popping up all over the country. The Ivy League outright cancelled their tournament Tuesday morning. This is exactly where this whole thing was heading
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I won’t be shocked if the NCAA suspends all intercollegiate athletics by end of day today. Then they’ll decide whether or not they can or want to resume conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament in a month or two. This may not be feasible, but there is big money involved. We’re in uncharted territory here, folks.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago

Honest question, how did you not know there was a 20% chance of this happening? We had videos shared that had URI players talking about this possibility at the media availability before going to Brooklyn. Cancellations were popping up all over the country. The Ivy League outright cancelled their tournament Tuesday morning. This is exactly where this whole thing was heading
I guessed at the 20%.
If it was so obvious to everyone that this is where it was heading then why didn’t they cancel fans Tuesday? Or just cancel the whole thing like Ivy did. I guess that’s why the Ivys are so smart.

I wouldn’t be stuck in NY if they had made the decision Tuesday
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago Hey ramster, remember during all the "Fordham should get kicked out" talk, how you would repeatedly posted that people should stop talking about it on here and just email the conference instead since they are the only ones that could do anything about it? I believe you even provided the necessary contact information. Maybe that would be the best course of action on this subject to? Nobody here can do anything about it.
I
yep.
In fact, that's why I'm rooting for Fordham to win yesterday and today. But not tomorrow.
But please consider that I have a malfunctioning brain so be patient
Well, i took your advice about my previous advice and I sent a note to the A10 Commish with my thoughts.
I’m sending a note on how Cyril should have made an all conference team too.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Big East still playing

PC playing at 2:30pm
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”