Most Hated A10 Rival Player

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: Most Hated A10 Rival Player

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Long list of hated friars. Good friars is a harder list.
Here’s the list of good Fryizz:
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Not even close...Ramon Rivas (Temple)
Without Blue Man's hyperbole...Rivas is the ultimate villain. Wasn't he the cause of Silk's dental work?
Talk about Old School. That fight that night between the 2 teams with Mergin pummeling people in his street clothes because he was sitting out his transfer year was awesome. Bonzie was ready to kill Rivas after that cheap shot
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Not even close...Ramon Rivas (Temple)
Without Blue Man's hyperbole...Rivas is the ultimate villain. Wasn't he the cause of Silk's dental work?
Talk about Old School. That fight that night between the 2 teams with Mergin pummeling people in his street clothes because he was sitting out his transfer year was awesome. Bonzie was ready to kill Rivas after that cheap shot
Not just his tooth knocked out but played with a bullet in his elbow

https://www.si.com/vault/1987/11/18/106 ... ake-a-shot
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

If it wasn't for that bullet Silk would have been at Syracuse. He was that good. I still think he was the best PG to ever play in a URI uniform. Bullet and all.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If it wasn't for that bullet Silk would have been at Syracuse. He was that good. I still think he was the best PG to ever play in a URI uniform. Bullet and all.
I like to put Silk at 1 and Tyson at 1a.....then my favorite, Jiggy at 3. Is Jeff now 4?
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago I like to put Silk at 1 and Tyson at 1a.....then my favorite, Jiggy at 3. Is Jeff now 4?
If he hadn't been so badly used last season, Jeff would definitely be 3. And it's taken him half a season to find his feet in his role this year.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

For PC players, for me it is Joe Hassett. Couldn't stand him....still can't.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago For PC players, for me it is Joe Hassett. Couldn't stand him....still can't.
As a player yes.

As an announcer he wasn't that bad.

Gave some honest takes when the Friars played poorly.
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Non A10 has to be Ruben Garces although I also hated Rob Gray from Houston. I hated Dimitri Domani of St Joe's. Lots of other good choices in these posts though.
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Anybody that has daggered us from that left side corner....
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago

I like to put Silk at 1 and Tyson at 1a.....then my favorite, Jiggy at 3. Is Jeff now 4?
I was a youngster when Jiggy played but Jeff is on the MT Rushmore of URI PG's. 4 years of nothing but good solid PG play. He is one of my all time favorite Rams.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Chaz Williams - UMass Punk
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’d like to add the Dukes’ Michael Hughes to the list. He’s being a punk in today’s game too.
Slava Ukraini!
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

Rashaun Freeman from UMass