1/31 | VCU | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Re: 1/31 | VCU | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by Rhody72 »

When will there be a game where no one on this board calls the game a MUST WIN?
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago When will there be a game where no one on this board calls the game a MUST WIN?

At Dayton...assuming we win every game to that point.
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago When will there be a game where no one on this board calls the game a MUST WIN?
Exhibition game in November
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i cannot wait for this game tomorrow

i cannot concentrate at work

all i am thinking about is tomorrow vs VCU and what this game means for our program

GO RHODY

SEIZE THE DAY
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Just received an email that tomorrow is a blue out and they want everyone wearing Keaney
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago Just received an email that tomorrow is a blue out and they want everyone wearing Keaney
Do you think they're gonna give blue shirts away or they're just encouraging people to wear it? Not saying I don't wear uri colors regardless lol
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Why do VCU fans hate Cox so much? Reading their board you would think he backed over their bikes in driveway....
When Rhody wins I’m sure one of their fans will have a story about how they definitely heard Cox yelling “I kill puppies for fun” in the huddle or something.
Hahahahahahahaaaaa
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Why does it seem that VCU posters resort to name calling and personal attacks in their discussion of game. I know they are part of a southern heritage that fosters the lack an open mind and a belief in mythology, but......give me a break.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Why does it seem that VCU posters resort to name calling and personal attacks in their discussion of game. I know they are part of a southern heritage that fosters the lack an open mind and a belief in mythology, but......give me a break.
Read their board then Richmonds. The difference is hilarious
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago Just received an email that tomorrow is a blue out and they want everyone wearing Keaney
Do you think they're gonna give blue shirts away or they're just encouraging people to wear it? Not saying I don't wear uri colors regardless lol
I did not see any mention of a tee-shirt give away in the email. Would think the fact that they just gave shirts away to students in the last home game against Duquesne makes it highly unlikely.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

rhodysurf wrote: 4 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Why does it seem that VCU posters resort to name calling and personal attacks in their discussion of game. I know they are part of a southern heritage that fosters the lack an open mind and a belief in mythology, but......give me a break.
Read their board then Richmonds. The difference is hilarious
I wonder if the "Fire Chris Mooney" crowd is back.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

As soon as we have a game thats not a must win.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Jeff and Cyril have lost once to VCU in their college careers. It sucked and they don't want it to happen again. They will therefore do everything they can to run their record versus VCU to 8-1. :P

URI vs VCU Last Four Seasons
2/25/2017 | 69-59 | W | H
3/12/2017 | 70-63 | W | N
2/2/2018 | 81-68 | W | A
3/9/2018 | 76-67 | W | N
1/23/2019 | 71-65 | W | H
2/19/2019 | 42-76 | L | A
3/15/2019 | 75-70 | W | N
1/11/2020 | 65-56 | W | A

Overall Record 7-1
Home Record 2-0
Road Record 2-1
Neutral Site Record 3-0
Last edited by RF1 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
steviep123
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago
As soon as we have a game thats not a must win.
I will say this game is probably one of the 3 or 4 remaining that are not absolutely must wins, but certainly is a very important game and a win would be another good feather in our cap. The other games that aren't must wins are the 2 vs. Dayton and at Davidson (although I'm iffy on that one). But I'll add the caveat that they can't lose all 4 of them. Winning tomorrow night gives us just a bit more room for error. Not much more, but a bit more. That said, if they lose to a team not named VCU, Dayton, and maybe Davidson, then at least one of those become must wins.
Last edited by steviep123 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

luke wrote: 4 years ago Love it DC! I was reading their board too, ha ha.
Their board has more ads than fan posts. Disgracefully poor user experience.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

They aren’t giving out shirts tomorrow. Everyone has at least one Keaney Blue shirt in their closet(I hope). The team will be wearing their Keaney Blue jerseys.
“We will be good when we are good.”
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URI is branding this meeting of Rams as GAME OF HORNS

Game of Horns.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I've worn my gray Rhody sweatshirt to the 6 games I've gone to this year. They are 6-0 in those games. I'm not changing. Yes, I'm a little suoerstitious. The lettering is Keaney Blue, so that will have to do.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago I've worn my gray Rhody sweatshirt to the 6 games I've gone to this year. They are 6-0 in those games. I'm not changing. Yes, I'm a little suoerstitious. The lettering is Keaney Blue, so that will have to do.
Same here. I have a KB shirt and a Gray RI pullover that I started wearing during every game (home & away) starting with Davidson game (Christmas presents). They are 7-0 when I have worn that combo. Not changing. I can unzip the pullover to show more Keaney Blue but that’s as far as I am going 😜
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago URI is branding this meeting of Rams as GAME OF HORNS

Game of Horns.jpg

LOVE IT.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The one stat that needs changing is the second chance points where the opposition has out performed URI in the last several conference games. It hasn't killed the Rams - it was a 16-8 deficit in the win at VCU, for example - but getting a better balance or control of this stat will insure a URI win. Let's go Rhody!!
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

I wish that was on a shirt...
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Lol what if we all wore the tuxedo shirts they handed out last year? I wear it at home and I always feel awkward in it, which makes it that much greater to wear.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'd like to see more RAMS or horns on graphics.
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody Guy wrote: 4 years ago I wish that was on a shirt...
This is America, man. Get with Elmwood sports and move units.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

URI will sell standing room if the game sells out so encourage anyone who is considering to buy tickets today, tomorrow or as a walk up to do so. Should be a sellout. Let’s hope we get near the PC attendance # when they sold standing room.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago I'd like to see more RAMS or horns on graphics.
GET RAMMED!
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Full house tomorrow night, top 25 ranking on the line, seperating from the pack in the A10, & multiple recruits in attendance. Find a way to come out on top!!

Still not gonna say must win but monumentally important!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago URI will sell standing room if the game sells out so encourage anyone who is considering to buy tickets today, tomorrow or as a walk up to do so. Should be a sellout. Let’s hope we get near the PC attendance # when they sold standing room.
This would likely be one of our best crowds ever. Even though VCU travels well for an A10 team and PC had fewer fans in the Ryan this year than in previous years, there is no way will there be even half as many VCU people in the building tomorrow as there were Friar fans in December.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago URI will sell standing room if the game sells out so encourage anyone who is considering to buy tickets today, tomorrow or as a walk up to do so. Should be a sellout. Let’s hope we get near the PC attendance # when they sold standing room.
This would likely be one of our best crowds ever. Even though VCU travels well for an A10 team and PC had fewer fans in the Ryan this year than in previous years, there is no way will there be even half as many VCU people in the building tomorrow as there were Friar fans in December.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Reagarding standing room tickets...I thought we couldn't do that anymore due to fire codes. Did that change?
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

As much as I am disappointed with Harris's development, he is a key player on this team for his interior defense and presence, especially since Cyril in not 100%. If we have the energy to play the peripheral defense we played at VCU, the game will come down to stopping easy inside baskets and rebounding. Our defensive intensity will create turnovers and transition points. And hopefully we will continue making passes for easy baskets rather than charges while seeking to be heroes. If our energy is not there it will be a route in front of a national TV audience. Ugh.
NCAAs or Bust!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago As much as I am disappointed with Harris's development, he is a key player on this team for his interior defense and presence, especially since Cyril in not 100%. If we have the energy to play the peripheral defense we played at VCU, the game will come down to stopping easy inside baskets and rebounding. Our defensive intensity will create turnovers and transition points. And hopefully we will continue making passes for easy baskets rather than charges while seeking to be heroes. If our energy is not there it will be a route in front of a national TV audience. Ugh.
I am not worried at all about this team's energy.

This is a big game team. With big game players.

I get worried about environments without a rabid crowd - for or against. I.e. neutral site game vs LSU, road games where it's not a "big game" for the home team - like @Maryland, @Brown, Richmond after Brown. I was worried about St Joes. Kinda sorta worried about a half empty Eaglebank Arena.

If you look at "high leverage" games over the past 4 years...this team has an impeccable record.

These guys come to play when the lights are brightest.

Sell out with the NCAA on the line against a national scale media darling in VCU? We'll be there in fucking spades. LETS GO.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Reagarding standing room tickets...I thought we couldn't do that anymore due to fire codes. Did that change?
The official capacity of the Ryan Center is 7,657. There have however been crowds several hundred larger than this over the years. The PC game just last month somehow had 8,052. This had to include people that did not have specific seat locations, be it in luxury suites or standing room.

I have opined before that I understood the elimination of standing room due to increased code regulations immediately after the Station Fire. The concern then per my understanding regarded the ability for people to quickly exit the building. At that time, there were no Meade Stadium stands and the arena had no eastern concourse direct exits. The later construction of stands with immediate outside egress from the east concourse level however changed the dynamics of the building. I have always thought standing room could reasonably be permissible given so many more exits were added.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

my prediction for this game is that they come in very focused and we are maybe a bit too amped up at the start. could see some mistakes early. over zealous fouls, guys trying to do too much themselves. But i think we'll settle in nicely.

not rooting for this, but there is nothing like the Ryan Center when we are coming back from a deficit.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......ready to start the Gordon Ramsey 24 hour countdown clock to game time......Go Rhody.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago
Let’s spoil it!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Glad they are still in VA at 4:30 today. No practice in the Ryan Center until tomorrow.
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago Lol what if we all wore the tuxedo shirts they handed out last year? I wear it at home and I always feel awkward in it, which makes it that much greater to wear.
I have that one its god awful but I might have too.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody getting good URI exposure
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Fatt's is going to feast on the energy tomorrow. All of them will. Nothing like coming home after two road games to a packed house!!!!
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

First live game of the season for me tomo - bringing my son, we are pumped!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhodysRelevant wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago Lol what if we all wore the tuxedo shirts they handed out last year? I wear it at home and I always feel awkward in it, which makes it that much greater to wear.
I have that one its god awful but I might have too.
I really want to shake the hand of who designed that shirt.
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago First live game of the season for me tomo - bringing my son, we are pumped!
Same can’t wait!!!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

We need the 1500 students. Let's hope they fill them all. A lot of kids head out on Fridays.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I don’t think they will have an issue filling the student section tomorrow night.