Open Practice for all Ram Fans - Sat Oct 10th 9:30-11a

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Open Practice for Season Tix Holders - Sat Oct 10th @9:3

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Love the liberal spin about Chick-fil-A.
They opened a new one in NYC and the line went on for a block.
Their politics really hurts their brand, right.
Got to take my granddaughter somewhere and my daughter is
in the hospital again, so I won't be there tomorrow.
Gone are the days when we'd sit and watch any Jim Harrick practice.
They were open to any Ram follower who cared to see the master
at work.
Never imagined an open practice would be a perk.
Things are so different now.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Re: Open Practice for all Ram Fans - Sat Oct 10th 9:30-11a

Unread post by Tom98 »

Anything on Rhody Madness this year???
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Pre-season events like the one at Alpine CC don't seem to be happening anymore.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I couldn't make the open practice today due to back issues. I'd love to hear impressions from those who went. It doesn't seem many went based on the tweets from BK and William Geoghegan.
Slava Ukraini!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: Open Practice for Season Tix Holders - Sat Oct 10th @9:3

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Love the liberal spin about Chick-fil-A.
at work.
Indeed Rod with success we will pay a price.

5 minutes away, no season tix not welcome. When to many a Harrick practice and learned a lot about how basketball works at the elite level, applied many of the lessons to my own coaching at the time.

Oh well, plenty of yard work to do and cars to wax!
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Was anyone turned away? I thought the word got out that all were welcome....

....I still feel that Chick-fil-A hurts their brand with their conservative viewpoints.....I still go in spite of the fact that I disagree with some of their positions.....but I know several people who won't go because of them.....and many knee-jerk politicos who oppose them entering their areas....I like to imagine the lines being even longer than they are now....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Does everything need to turn political? I hate Ben and Jerry's politics but if they sponsored URI basketball with significant money I'd be thrilled. (Not to mention they make great ice cream! )
Slava Ukraini!
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Good practice. KI doesn't seem to have that good of a touch around the rim. Akele looked solid. JT's athleticism jumps out at you. Crowd was okay, hardly any students.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I hope your first impressions of Iverso's touch in practices doesn't ring true when the games begin.
Are we talking about practice? Not a game, not a game. We're talking about practice.
Seriously, though it was only a practice. do wish there was an oppotunity to see them play before the prediction contest.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Ramulous wrote:Was anyone turned away? I thought the word got out that all were welcome....

The press release directly from GoRHODY.COM reads:

The Rhode Island men's basketball team will hold the Chick-fil-A Open Practice on Saturday, Oct. 10 at the Thomas M. Ryan Center. Doors will open at 9 a.m.

Fans will have a chance to view a full practice with the Rams - approximately two hours - from 9-11 a.m. on the Alex and Ani Court.

There is no mention that this event is limited to anyone.

I would think making this event just for season ticket holders would make putting it on difficult. All entrants would have to be matched to the season ticket list by staff. Would the number of entrants then be tied to the actual number of season tickets? Seems like a lot of effort would be required for this with no great ROI.

Link:
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 1006ngfc8y
Last edited by RF1 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

The idea is to support URI basketball, not the Chickens. If you wanted the coupons, you could take them. If you don't support Chick-fil-A, don't take them. No one stuffed them down your throat.

By-the-way, I went to the practice with my grandson and just got back.

The team is physically fit, and though Berry could use a Mr. Costanza Manzere, he has lost weight and moved well for a person his size. He has very soft hands and could be a surprise in select minutes/situations.

JT's shot is softer and more consistent in release point/rotation. He is a beast physically and was very vocal about assignments, etc.,

Hassan Martin did not exhibit any expanded offensive game, though he certainly appears to be thicker. Moved well, etc.,

Matthews was Matthews.

Iverson is sleek, and didn't shine in drill-sets, though one could see the potential in a more open court game-situation. Also, he never shoots the ball the same way twice-in-a-row. Clanker's touch. Had a very positive attitude and encouraged his teammates.

Thompson knows how to play the game and will be a valuable contributor, though he will probably hit a wall sometime in February. (Just a hunch.)

Iffy shows signs of of getting it together, but…..if he only had Berry's hands.

Watson seemed more toned, and showed a bit more offensive "know-how" than last year, and seems to understand what's expected of him in practice, though Hurley did call him out on one occasion for lack of thinking something through.

Robinson looked like a guy who has a pedigree, but has no consistent offensive perimeter game.

#4 was not a practice.

Jarvis Garrett is the real deal. If URI wins the conference this year, he could be 2nd Team All A-10. His shot is improved, and he has cut down on any wasted dribbling, just very, very efficient.

Now, for the biggest, most pleasant surprise and my boldest prediction: Nicola Akele will be everything Kuran Iverson is supposed to be when he is done playing for URI. He will have a Cuttino Mobley-type career, and he will play in the NBA.
Yes, out on a limb with that one, but he is adept at handling the ball, has very soft hands, shoots it consistently and well from all of the spots he was assigned to, excellent at catch-and-shoot, and has an assortment of moves in the paint-area. He can create his own shot off of the dribble. He plays smart defense, and one can see that being on the Italian Under-21 squad has certainly aided him TREMENDOUSLY.

If I missed anything, I apologize….

Also, the turnout was a DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There were maybe 200-250 people there -- TOPS -- most middle-aged/older. Hell, I think I saw more Delaware football fans sitting there watching than students.

All in all, it was nice to see the team again, and up close.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It wasn't just for season ticket holders. In fact they had a table where you could purchase season tickets and mini-plans. I'm now ready for the season to start. The practice was intense with the focus being on defense and run, run, run on offense. I think the team can finally play the style Dan wants. I'm always interested in seeing the new guys and what I think they can contribute. I was very impressed with Akele. He's a good 6'8" (only Iverson is taller), has very long arms and has some serious basketball skills. It might not happen right away, but he's going to be a very good player going forward. Thompson looks like a good athlete, pretty smooth, good ball handler and good shooter. Robinson is a tough defender, not a good shooter, but takes it the basket well. I was very impressed with his defense. I was not overly impressed with Iverson. He is good. But elite? No. He runs the floor well for someone 6'9", which will be very helpful for a team that wants to run, run, run. He's not a good shooter. But he will be a good player for this team, just maybe not as great as we might have hoped. Berry still needs to take off weight. He does have some skills, but with the style of play Dan wants both offensively and defensively, I don't see where he fits unless he gets in better shape. Four could be a nice player. He does have a nice shot but a pretty slow release. He's going to have to be pretty open to get it off. As for the returning players, EC looks good. His spin move is lightning quick now that he's healthy. Terrell is so intense. I love it. And his outside shot looks beautiful right now. Jarvis looks fast and under control. Hassan looks even stronger than last year and he will be a monster on defense and on the boards as usual. I like Earl. He's strong and I hope he can contribute more than he did last year. Iffy was pushing him around and Dan got on him for that "Don't let him bully you down there Earl!!". Iffy will remain a non-factor unless there are some serious foul problems with the bigs. Anway, I'm even more pumped up after that practice. Dan runs a very intense and organized practice. It was fun. And once again, my number one takeaway. Watch Akele. He's going to be a player.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Looks like you and I saw a lot of the same things, Bressler.
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

My observations from today's practice.

1. EC- looked a bit stronger...moving very well....looked like typical EC....can still improve on his shot. If he can consistently hit jump shots he can really elevate his game. Every team is going to play a bit off of him until his shot consistently falls. Expecting a big year from him.

2. Garrett--Looked noticeably stronger.....Shot looked great today. His seems more confident and we all know how talented he is seeing the court and making passes. My favorite player....he is a lock to be a primary ball handler throughout the season.

3. FOUR MCGLYN- was faster and more athletic than I anticipated. Has a good handle and can shoot the ball. Will be a nice contributor this season.

4. MARTIN- looked great.....appears stronger and most importantly seems to have really improved his ability to put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket. His 10ft shot seems to be coming along as well. That shot from 10-15ft will really help us if he can make it with some consistently. He will have another monster season for this team.

5. STANFORD ROBINSON----looks as advertised.... Very athletic...great slasher to the basket.... Great handle.... Will play great defense.... Unfortunate he can't play this season. Shot needs some work but was better than I expected.

6. ONYEKABA.... Looked improved...very strong....worked hard out there....great kid.

7. IVERSON--athletic and fast for his size....nice handle. Noticeably needs work on his shot and could use some strength. Will give us nice size at the 3 or likely the 4 position. Very active practice today and I could tell he was feeling the burn. Important player for us this year.

8. THOMPSON-looked great... Nice speed/size/athleticism.....has a good shot.... Impressive for a freshman. Can definitely contribute this year.

9. TERRELL--looked super out there today. Looked noticeable faster. Added to that his shot looked much improved. His release was fast and clean. He stuck more shots today than almost the whole team combined. I'm exaggerating a little but I was very impressed. Let's just say he practiced a bit this offseason. Will clearly be our 2nd biggest offensive threat. Looked to be in the best shape as well.

10. WATSON--- great physical shape....handle and ball control looked great. Shot looked improved.....will be seeing a lot more minutes this year.

11. ANDRE BERRY---- very soft hands for a big guy....very comfortable in the post with the ball. Slow and still needs to lose more weight. Has a lot of natural ability. Will provide depth and with some work can be a nice player/ banger in the post

12. AKELE---- besides Terrel, Nicola impressed me the most. For a freshman he looked great! Played with a lot of confidence.....is very tall at 6"8 ......great finisher.....nice shot and just appeared like he is ready to play now. Is a little slow because of his height and the way we run the floor but is very talented and will definitely play this year. Solid freshman for sure.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Open Practice for all Ram Fans - Sat Oct 10th @9:30

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

hrstrat57 wrote:
rodfromcranston wrote:Love the liberal spin about Chick-fil-A.
at work.
Indeed Rod with success we will pay a price.

5 minutes away, no season tix not welcome. When to many a Harrick practice and learned a lot about how basketball works at the elite level, applied many of the lessons to my own coaching at the time.

Oh well, plenty of yard work to do and cars to wax!
All were welcome!! That's what GoRhody.com said and we even changed the title of this thread to indicate it wasn't an event only for Season Tix holders.

As for the practice, I think anyone expecting students to attend this was a bit off base. I thought the crowd was good. They had everyone in the 100s which was a nice surprise, since the first Hurley open practice we were all in 205 and the 100s level bleachers were folded up. Today we were able to get really close to hear the coaches, the players and match names to faces.

I was lucky Neil spotted me and welcomed me to watch the practice with him.

Great assessments above, so I won't repeat all of them. But I also told Neil I thought Akele was a talent and one to watch. Kuran glides around the court and seems to play good defense. Offense for almost all the players will come later as Coach Hurley told everyone at the end of practice.

Jared Terrell and Jarvis were clearly the two most fit guys out there. Really amazing stamina and explosiveness even at the end of practice. Jarvis looked very comfortable and confident. Jared is always confident but today his game was looking more polished all around. Great for him and our team.

Stanford clearly shows talent and ball handling. I thought Four would certainly be a contributor and very useful in late game situations. He's going to win us some games with free throws and timely threes.

Speaking of threes, Mr. Thompson has a nice shot and looks ready to be a contributor as a freshman. Should be exciting to see what he can give as the season progresses.

Earl did look very fit and I sure hope we see a lot of him this year.

EC looked fast. His pinkie looked straight. He's still got some very good moves and hopefully protects the ball better than he did at times today.

Hassan as always played mature and confident on both ends. He impressed me with his agility today and raw speed catching up on breaks to finish strong. He has quite the repertoire of finishing moves including a nice two handed catch to one hand alley-oop on the full extension.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree with the above

Who cares who the sponsor is, seems a bit nit picky to even mention

Turnout was pretty good, mostly die hards wouldn't expect a student turnout on a holiday weekend for a 9am practice - we aren't Kentucky. They will show when it matters

Jarvis, Nikola and Terrell looked good

Four and Iverson a bit underwhelming but given they are new guys to the core rotation I expect it will take each of them time to figure out their role especially on offense

Certainly practiced at a high tempo, many drills intentionally going full throttle to see how guys cope with fatigue and pace.

Terrell and Jarvis are going to have big years IMO.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I agree also with all above said. I thought Earl looked really good too. ARD is working the bigs hard. I enjoyed watching the skills training of the bigs. The team is very quick on offense, the drills were tough defense to fast transition offense. Small crowd but this thing wasn't promoted too much it seems. A post on GoRhody isn't going to do it. JT took point in most drills. And he was just knocking the outside shots down. Jarvis is just great. I thought Thompson was really good on the ball. This team is going to be physical, tough and fast this year.
Last edited by theblueram 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Guess I need to pay attention! Great write ups here thanks !!!
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

This is from the email I got from URI.
So, tell me what RAMS FUND MEMBERS means? Open to everyone? Really?

"RAMS FUND members are invited to the Chick-fil-A Rhode Island Men's Basketball Open Practice on Saturday, Oct. 10 at the Thomas M. Ryan Center. Fans will have a chance to view a full practice with the Rams - approximately two hours - from 9-11 a.m. on the Alex and Ani Court."
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Thanks for all the feedback. Haven't been this excited since my wedding night!
Slava Ukraini!
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

i think everyone above hit the nail on the head. All I'll add is that I think Jared Terrell is going to have a huge season, looked like he could do anything on the court today. He was a monster on offense and defense and seemed like the vocal leader on the team.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Okay guys who attended, would you say the team overall looked to be better than expected, as expected or worse than expected?
and would you say they looked far better than last year's team, a little better than last year's team, about the same as last year or not as good as last year?
Based on what you saw, will we miss Gilvitas or TJ to any extent or do their replacements look to exceed what they offered? Can this group score better and
will Akele or any of the new guys surprise us on offense? A lot of questions because I am dying to know the overall assessment of the team. Basically, just on
first impression, is this team a 25-6 team or a 22-9 or a 21-10 team as you see them right now and realizing it was only an early practice?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Thanks to all for the great insight. I was excited reading every one of them. Looking foward to a deep bench this year.

Regarding the invite/notice - if you follow URI on facebook they posted a clear notice on Tuesday that also had a link to the release on gorhody:

The Rhode Island men's basketball team will hold the Chick-fil-A Open Practice on Saturday, Oct. 10 at the Thomas M. Ryan Center. Doors will open at 9 a.m.

Fans will have a chance to view a full practice with the Rams - approximately two hours - from 9-11 a.m. on the Alex and Ani Court.

Following practice, the men's basketball team will hold an autograph session on the arena floor. All those in attendance will receive a coupon for a free Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich, courtesy of the Bald Hill Road location in Warwick.

Representatives from the Rhody Athletics box office will also be on hand for those interested in purchasing 2015-16 season tickets and mini-plans. Interested fans can select their seats and purchase their ticket packages on site.

I believe they also tweeted out info.
“We will be good when we are good.”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Luke, IMO closer to 25-6 than 22-9 but that is not based on this practice. Tough to draw huge conclusions from practice a month before a real game. Definitely still a lot to work on - I think our defense will be even better, create more turnovers and benefit from the shortened clock. All about our offensive improvement, if this team can average over 70ppg we will be tough to beat.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

It would seem that anyone that went to the hoops practice and the football game (which Rhody beat Delaware 20-0) afterward was treated to a good day.
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Great doubleheader today! Akele will definitely get minutes. Plays with quickness, athleticism and enthusiasm.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

As always, thank you to all for your thoughts and observations. I love AZ, especially in the Winter, BUT not being in RI for basketball games (or practices) makes me miss RI and the East Coast in general. Consider yourself lucky.

(I remember sitting right behind the bench at every RI basketball game, which was every single one, when I was student. Yes, times have changed!)
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

Now when is Rhody madness?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote:Was anyone turned away? I thought the word got out that all were welcome....

....I still feel that Chick-fil-A hurts their brand with their conservative viewpoints.....I still go in spite of the fact that I disagree with some of their positions.....but I know several people who won't go because of them.....and many knee-jerk politicos who oppose them entering their areas....I like to imagine the lines being even longer than they are now....
Would Planned Parenthood have been a better sponsor for you? What is their "brand" again? Liberal enough for you? sheesh....
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Thanks BAR for your opinion, and I do understand it is very early to judge and it was only a practice.
And thanks also to Billy Boy, ATP, Neil and Tom for their insights. You guys all offered a lot of
valuable information to decipher. It sounded pretty positive. Anyone else want to take a shot at
answering my questions? I would like to put together an early consensus from people who have seen
the team in action. so far most have spoken about most of the individual players, but not the team
as a whole except for BAR's reply.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Luke,

Last year we went 8-3 in the non-conf, 13-5 in the conf, 1-1 in the conf champ, and 1-1 in the NIT, finishing the year at 23-10.

We will be a better team this year but the non-conf schedule will be more challenging than last year and the A10 as a whole looks to have improved as well. Remember, we also have 2 more non-conf games this season which could help to bolster our win total a bit.

I haven't gone game by game but my guess is we finish 10-3 in the non-conf and 13-5 in conf. That means 23-8 going into the A10 championships. Difference here is we probably win one more game in Brooklyn than last year. That would give us a record of 25-9 and a birth in the NCAA tourney.

We make a run to the Sweet 16 and finish the year 27-10 and ranked #18 in the country.

Sound good?
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I wasn't complaining about the tie in with Chick fil A.... I made the mistake of confusing the open practice with late night madness....worried about losing the sponsors for future events because of potential explicit lyrics from a hip hop artist..then got into the business model and the brand...wasn't the intent to bring politics into the topic... I eat at the restaurant all the time
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Love it RoadyJay. Did you make it out to the practice? It sounds like you did.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

RoadyJay wrote:Luke,

Last year we went 8-3 in the non-conf, 13-5 in the conf, 1-1 in the conf champ, and 1-1 in the NIT, finishing the year at 23-10.

We will be a better team this year but the non-conf schedule will be more challenging than last year and the A10 as a whole looks to have improved as well. Remember, we also have 2 more non-conf games this season which could help to bolster our win total a bit.

I haven't gone game by game but my guess is we finish 10-3 in the non-conf and 13-5 in conf. That means 23-8 going into the A10 championships. Difference here is we probably win one more game in Brooklyn than last year. That would give us a record of 25-9 and a birth in the NCAA tourney.

We make a run to the Sweet 16 and finish the year 27-10 and ranked #18 in the country.

Sound good?
Well now that we know what happens, why bother even playing?

Thanks for the reports, guys!
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

ace, I know, I've ruined it for everyone. Sorry folks, all games cancelled since I just correctly predicted the season outcome.

luke, I didnt get a chance to go today. Son had a basketball game and then I had to catch a flight out of Boston.

However, my son attended two of Hurley's basketball camps this summer and I did get to watch some skill/workout sesions between dropping him off and picking him up. Not all the frosh were there. I really wanted to see Akele but he was still in Italy. Glad to see the solid reports on him today. I'm also Italian, dual citizenship, so he could quickly become a favorite of mine.

I also concur on what people have said about Jarvis and Jared. They both looked awesome when I saw them. I think we know what we are gonna get from EC and Hass. Watch for Jarvis and Jared to make big leaps this year.

Many people know Im a huge Earl Watson fan... "Feed the Beast"!!! I look for good things from him as well this season.

I was also impressed with Four when I saw him. He is more than just a shooter and the kid does not lack confidence. If he plays Hurley D he may get more time than you think.

Skill-wise Iverson was impressive. The question still remains, and I think Hurley mentioned this in a recent Zags podcast, "How will he respond when the lights come on"?

I cant wait. I just cant wait.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

My thoughts on the open practice.

Clearly the biggest surprise to me was Nikola Akele. Wow, he looked like the complete package today! He is long and lean and knows how to use those tools. Was able to score at all 3 levels and I thought he had some tremendous passes also. Was surprised at how effective he was around the basket. Very impressive, just needs to add some strength and I think he will have a tremendous career at Rhody. I know it is one practice, but I was thoroughly impressed.

Jarvis looked great and is my favorite on the team. I just love his toughness and the way he plays. I think he drives some of his own teammates a little crazy with his tenacity but he really gets after it on the defensive end of the floor.

Jared is in great shape and has a much improved jump shot. Had a solid day. EC was EC. He is probably our best player, but I do not get the NBA talk after this year. I just do not see it and I am not trying to knock him. He is very solid at alot of things, but is an average athlete (compared to NBA players) and does not have an elite NBA skill that would make up for that (shooter, passer, ball handler, defensive player). I think he will be back for his senior year.

I liked what I saw of Christian Thompson, showed some toughness, solid with the ball and has a good stroke. I hope Hurley can find some minutes for him.

Andre Berry has good size and has good hands. Think the team needs him to play some minutes this year as Iffy has not really progressed like I was hoping he might. Earl Watson looked good, needs to provide some minutes inside this year.

Four did not have a particular good day shooting the ball. I am sure he will have better days and will be a weapon for us when it counts.

I like what I saw of Stan Robinson. I think he is a perfect fit for Hurleys system, above average athlete that is tough and agressive on the defensive side of the ball and will find ways to score the ball offensively. He is still shooting lefty and made at least one three that I remember. If he just becomes an average shooter, I think he will be a tremendous player. If not, I still think he will be very helpful to the team.

Not sure why all of the criticism of Kuran Iverson. Maybe expectations got a little ahead of themselves, but I thought he was fine today. I liked how he worked with the bigs and was mixing up in the paint (as was Akele). He made it tough on Hassan inside in the workouts with his length. Great size and length and he will be a beast for us this year. He shows a good first step and handle, and most importantly, looks like he will not back down from guarding other teams four men, which is important for the team.

Hassan is a warrior, and was again today. Probably the most important player on the team due to the lack of depth behind him.

One final observaton on the practice. That is one physical and fast paced practice. The players get after each other and go full tilt. Does not appear that any fouls get called in practice, which I am not sure is a good thing. A lot of the contact today would be a foul in games, but guess it is better to be too agressive than not enough. And one final thing, that had to be the quietest 200 or so people that I have ever been around. It is ok to cheer and make a little noise and show a litte excitement. It was so quiet it was like being in church, very awkward.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I would sign for RJ's prediction right now.....
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thanks for all the reports from you guys that were there. Sounds like Akele was the big surprise. Great to hear. Big things coming for Terrell as well.
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

any video/pics?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

There was video footage on the news this morning. You could search turnto10.com . Maybe they posted it.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Spoke to a couple players after the practice while getting autographs for my niece.

Terrell said he has lost 20 pounds and has really focused on improving his shot and finishing this offseason.

I told Four to prepare himself to take free throws at the end of games he laughed and said he's ready.

Iverson can't wait for the season to start and said he needs to be more consistent with him jump shot and that Hurley preaches defense more then anything.

Antonio Reynolds Dean and I spoke about my experience watching that Elite Eight game and you can tell it still hurts for him to talk about it. He seems very happy to be back

Everyone else was very respectful and all of them thanked me for coming. You can definitely tell that this team has a very close bond which translates onto the court. This season is going to special I can't wait!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Nice. Every time I read oe the reports from the practice I get antsy for the season to start. It is going to be a long 4 weeks.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote:
"They haven't named her yet." Call her Akele!!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

bigappleram wrote:
And that Baby covers a lot of effin' court!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Studley06 wrote:Spoke to a couple players after the practice while getting autographs for my niece.

Terrell said he has lost 20 pounds and has really focused on improving his shot and finishing this offseason.

I told Four to prepare himself to take free throws at the end of games he laughed and said he's ready.

Iverson can't wait for the season to start and said he needs to be more consistent with him jump shot and that Hurley preaches defense more then anything.

Antonio Reynolds Dean and I spoke about my experience watching that Elite Eight game and you can tell it still hurts for him to talk about it. He seems very happy to be back

Everyone else was very respectful and all of them thanked me for coming. You can definitely tell that this team has a very close bond which translates onto the court. This season is going to special I can't wait!
Good stuff- thanks for sharing.

That baby giraffe makes me happy. Run, Nicola, run!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

We need a player with a really long neck.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I like "little necks."
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ace
Ernie Calverley