NCAA Tournament - General Discussion

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: NCAA Tournament - General Discussion

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I hate their tiddlywinks team.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Billyboy78 wrote:I hate their tiddlywinks team.
Guess I just knocked myself out of the PC hatred hall of fame with my last remark huh?

Oooops.....
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Obadiah wrote:You know, sean, I can reel you in anytime I want, can't I. I even predicted what you had to say, much like sunsets follow sunrises - the phrase is "five straight and counting". Am I not right! And you don't even realize that you actually followed up a post from rod, clearly confirming his comment that most Friar comments are off the subject. I guess in your warped mind the fact we lost 5 straight to PC means we cannot comment on the NBE performance in the Big Dance.

On a more serious note, the reason the PC fan base is so low class is because of your disrespect to all your competitors - UConn, BC, URI, Rutgers and this week Dayton, etc., etc. When faced with a call-out on facts or logic, you always resort to irrelevant comments e.g.."toothless fans who marry cousins" (WVU), safety schools chants, and I could go on and on. This behavior is part and parcel of the PC hubris which you so aptly show.

Oh, BTW, I bet my Dad can beat up your Dad.
Ob,

Pretty ironic that fans that encourage each other to "grab their nuts" and rallies around expletive filled rants thinks that PC is low class. Maybe I should fall back on your one trick wonder "dogmatic and close-minded"

Also, don't you have a guy who makes derogatory signs for games? BTW, I love Jay's signs. I just think it's funny when Obie here rips PC for things that EVERY fanbase(including his) does.

Enjoy the NIT game tonight.
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Xavier was "one and done" in the A-10? What happened to the other 20 or so years?
As for rooting against the NBE. When you've read all year all the chest pounding,
about how wonderful they were and how inferior everyone else was
, it's really
easy to root against them.
The only NBE team advancing has a team with many A-10 recruits on it.

Are you really that naive to think if the atlantic 10 had the same kind of success in the non conference and rpi status that the same thing would not have gone on here
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

WN, I don't see people here putting down every other conference.
The A-10 was pretty good last year, but I don't recall anyone crapping all over the AAC and their schools,
I get the NBE references, because they are the closest competition, in reality.

Speaking of commericials... has anyone noticed that instead of selling
products, we're being bombarded by sponsors broadcasting social
messages?
We have the foreign woman and the gay Chinese guy in the Cadillac commercials
saying Cady's are for those who dare to be different. Huh?.
The sports drink commercial is more politically correct babble, than showing the product.
It seems that every other commercial now, is social commentary.
Who's writing this stuff, Elizabeth Warren?
They must feel the need to preach to the great unwashed.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Ashcat
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ashcat »

Rod: I meant to say Butler "one and done." Thank you for your correction. I still stand by my opinion that Coach Cooley or any other coach flipping, tossing or sliding any object while standing near or on any court, field, pool, rink or pitch should pay the consequences. I'd say the same had it been Coach Hurley (although he seems to be able to get T'd or bench-warned easily enough without the use of any objects). I'm simply advocating that every student-athlete and coach, respect their sport. To compete or coach at the NCAA level is a well-earned honor. But remember, no one is above the game. I hope that these student athletes and those that mentor them direct their amazing talents positively as both role models for those to come and to show respect those who competed before them.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Respect for any sport, seems to be going by the boards.
It's more, "HEY, LOOK AT ME!", today.
The silly stuff between every play in the NFL.
The ridiculous scowls after dunks of blocked shots.
The watching a home run, while standing at home plate.
Boxing is becoming more like the WWE.
It's all about "me".
Yeah, Ashcat, I figured later that you meant Butler. They were
in and out so fast, nobody remember they were part
of the A-10.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

NFL guys fight after nearly every special teams play and many of the main plays. The broadcast just cuts to like stats or the booth.

....wish the NFL wasn't brought up. They really have the best product. September September.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

RF1 wrote:I thought most of the New Catholic Big East (NCBE) teams that made the tournament got seeded far better than was merited. The league's play in the tournament has only reinforced that perception. I then ask myself why the committee gave these teams such good seed lines. I have to wonder if it is because they hadn't seen them play in months. Almost no NCBE teams have been on a major tv network since December. Back in November and December, the NCBE did quite well in the OOC and a lot of people saw this on tv as the games were on a variety of networks. Once league play started however, games switched off to the hard to find and little watched FS1 sports network. While the NCBE teams that did well in the OOC piled up more wins, no one was really watching them. The NCBE Tourney Championship game is a prime example as its ratings were miniscule and even less than the prior year. Could the fact that the NCBE's tv ratings were so bad actually have helped fool people?

Ok i'll bite where exactly would you have seeded PC with non conference wins over ND, URI,Umass,and resounding wins over middle of the pack acc teams Miami and FSU also bad losses to BC and Brown. Or would you have even had them in. The fact is a lot of the Big east scheduled good this year in the non conference and won a lot of their games.pretty much the way the A10 did last year.The only seeding I can understand you having an issue with is Georgetown and possibly Xavier.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

sorry, sean if you confuse having fun among board members in an expletive laced rant with the more serious and disrespectful behavior among Friar fans as one and the same. They most definitely are not. PC fans disrespect rival schools and fans in a way never seen on this message board or in person, as any comparative visit to the Dunk and to Ryan certainly shows. On verbal abuse alone you take the gold medal on low class. In this respec, PC fans probably take their cue from your Athletics administration that for decades has used smug and condescending behavior in dealing with other schools and in URI's case, I can speak with knowledge.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Congrats to Michigan State ..... Izzo is a heckuva coach. He had those kids well-prepared.
Slava Ukraini!
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Death, Taxes, Izzo in March. Might be his best coaching job in all of my years being a fan of the the Green and White.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Michigan State won over Virginia, 70-64 overcoming the Cavaliers big advantage since they only had to travel 200 miles versus the 680 miles the Spartans had to endure.
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Sparty has been a better team in road environments all season, same amount of losses as at Breslin. Guy just knows how to get his teams to win when it counts the most.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

PC is becoming a hockey-first school.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Well. Tom Izzo continues to be a great post season coach.
I thought this one of his lesser teams, and they were only a 7 seed.
He rarely has the top prep players on his roster, but
always makes deep March NCAA runs.
Just a super coach, who gets more with less than any of those
always mentioned in the same breath as him.
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Just an insane stat on that too Rod, now 13-1 in Round of 32 games and 21-4 in turnaround (2nd game of the weekend) games in the tournament. Still only recruits in the Midwest too, impressive.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I think Cooley's tech is a bit out of context......I only saw him knocking over the chair....and felt it was an official overreaction...but read later that he had been all over the ref about a call just before going into the huddle...and the chair gesture probably blew that official over the line....

....if you don't have BCS football....you are mid-major.....will an non-football school make it to the Final Four this year....ever again?

.....fox sports = cbs sport channel= nbc sport channel....and they all have NFL football to prop them up......how long will fox overpay the nbe for dismal ratings results close to what nbc and cbs get...
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, PC gets knocked out and their fans spend the day looking at our boards. Seriously? Get a life! Or is Seanie looking for some mean quotes that he can use to go tattle to his creepy friends?
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

I just looked at their board for the first time in a few weeks. I can't believe the insults for Dayton (and of course A10).
You'd think if a team just kicked your ass the way Dayton did, you'd want to say something positive about them so that your team doesn't look so bad. Not there.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Billyboy78 wrote:So, PC gets knocked out and their fans spend the day looking at our boards. Seriously? Get a life! Or is Seanie looking for some mean quotes that he can use to go tattle to his creepy friends?
This is the only place where they don't feel inferior, so they come here and try to lord their self-styled superiority over us lesser beings. They come here bringing us the facts that will relieve us of our incorrect perceptions, the truths that will set us free. They're here to lift us out of our benighted existence and into the glorious light that is . . .

Pee-C!
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

I'm really sick of Dook, also.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

That Duke game was lame.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Game just over. Duke pulverized San Diego State, 68-49. The Aztecs were not able to overcome the unfair advantage that Duke received when the NCAA put the Blue Devils in a venue only 143 miles from their campus while SDSU had to travel 2,385 miles.
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Obie, as opposed to Dayton, 1 seeds are given this advantage as a reward. It's not unfair, they earned it by being one of the top 4 teams in the country. How the tournament has always been (or tries to be based on regional setups). The issue is when an 11 seed gets a "home-court advantage", when they are the lower seed. That, IMO, is an unfair advantage.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

BPR has a Masters Degree in Sarcasm Knowledge :roll: :roll:
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Obie,

You want smug and condescending? Read what has been said here about PCs rants regarding the Dayton game. Then take a trip down memory lane here

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=6 ... &start=300
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

woodennickel1 wrote:
RF1 wrote:I thought most of the New Catholic Big East (NCBE) teams that made the tournament got seeded far better than was merited. The league's play in the tournament has only reinforced that perception. I then ask myself why the committee gave these teams such good seed lines. I have to wonder if it is because they hadn't seen them play in months. Almost no NCBE teams have been on a major tv network since December. Back in November and December, the NCBE did quite well in the OOC and a lot of people saw this on tv as the games were on a variety of networks. Once league play started however, games switched off to the hard to find and little watched FS1 sports network. While the NCBE teams that did well in the OOC piled up more wins, no one was really watching them. The NCBE Tourney Championship game is a prime example as its ratings were miniscule and even less than the prior year. Could the fact that the NCBE's tv ratings were so bad actually have helped fool people?

Ok i'll bite where exactly would you have seeded PC with non conference wins over ND, URI,Umass,and resounding wins over middle of the pack acc teams Miami and FSU also bad losses to BC and Brown. Or would you have even had them in. The fact is a lot of the Big east scheduled good this year in the non conference and won a lot of their games.pretty much the way the A10 did last year.The only seeding I can understand you having an issue with is Georgetown and possibly Xavier.
PC's seed was about right given its RPI. Same with Villanvoa. I thought Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, and St. John's got better seeds than deserved.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

BPR2010 wrote:Obie, as opposed to Dayton, 1 seeds are given this advantage as a reward. It's not unfair, they earned it by being one of the top 4 teams in the country. How the tournament has always been (or tries to be based on regional setups). The issue is when an 11 seed gets a "home-court advantage", when they are the lower seed. That, IMO, is an unfair advantage.

Tell that to the Miami Red Hawks hockey team.
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Always struggled with that course in school :cry:
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Sean, you must have a pretty sad life that you spend so much time scouring our board. Why don't you do something useful like cleaning up the garbage on Eaton Street?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I expect the mid major tag to be tatooed on the NCBE after this debacle. Welcome to the small time.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

seanmc94 wrote:Ob,

Pretty clever. However, we Friars prefer to dine on roast Lamb.

Recipe is as follows:

pound the Lamb on the hardwood until tender every December for the past five years.

Well, according to "Future Prognosticators and Instigators," word has it that this is what's going to be playing on Ryan Center Video Screens as URI comes out for pre-game warm-ups…..

I think you'd better be worried about your own hardwood, Fwiah-boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkaWyrm ... freload=10

A BRESSLER PRODUCTION

IN ASSOCIATION WITH EMOTICON ENTERPRISES

A SUBSIDIARY OF NEW EMPIRE IMAGES LLC
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Wichita State is taking it to Kansas, early in the second half.
WSU is playing with that emotion that they have, from being
ignored by KU for all these years.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Dayton just took the lead over Oklahoma! They may be my second favorite team in the A10.
Slava Ukraini!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

rodfromcranston wrote:Wichita State is taking it to Kansas, early in the second half.
WSU is playing with that emotion that they have, from being
ignored by KU for all these years.
How the high-and-mighty teams look arrogant and HEAVY-FOOTED.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Gregg Marshall was complaining that Lawrence is 100 miles closer to Omaha than Wichita.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Dayton can't buy a basket. Not looking good. Gottlieb is as bad as ever.

Always good to see KU lose.
Last edited by ramfan85 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I can't stand watching Dayton blow this game! Goddd!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Air ball.
Over
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Yeah, these are tired guys. Valiant effort, but it's going to take a miracle.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ramfan85 wrote: Gottlieb is as bad as ever.
You're not alone with that opinion.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-basketba ... -gottlieb/
Slava Ukraini!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Dayton loses. I guess Oklahoma was not bothered by the sea of Flyer fans. The Sooners were given a battle, they would have had an easier time with the Friars.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

I never like rooting against MSU. Now, I don't have to.
Great job, Dayton. Maybe next year some other A10 can deliver in the tournament. Maybe even us.

This just in: Gottlieb still sucks.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Please refer to them by their new name the Cryers. That guy Darth is the biggest hate spewing idiot on any college basketball message board I have ever read. Everyone sucks in his opinion, just complete small town yahoo. I am glad there is not a version of him on this board.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Dayton looked like a better team for most of the game. They just died at the end. I've never been that impressed with Oklahoma. No way they beat Michigan State.
Really disappointing end of the year for Virginia.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Dayton finally ran out of gas.

The End.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Nice win by Richmond over Arizona state in overtime
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Interested to see how Holton does against the Big Boys tonight.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:Interested to see how Holton does against the Big Boys tonight.
I think West Virginia has a shot which I can't say that about many other teams.
WVU leads the Nation in Offensive Rebounding and that was Holton's specialty.
If they go down Huggins will go down fighting that's for sure