Dana Tate Transfers to Siena

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Dana Tate to Transfer

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

STC wrote: 4 years ago Juicy! Looking forward to seeing what this board comes up with as to what the message means!
Ladies and gentlemen...start your conspiracy/speculation engines?
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Maybe he's going to be a father? who knows.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Maybe he changed his major? :lol:
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

I don’t see Fatts in any of the pics in the latest RhodyMBB tweet about Got after it in Keaney today. Coincidence?!!?
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Grad transfer?

Yeah I've been hard on Fatts at times, but that wouldn't be good.

Hope it means he's ready for a big turnaround.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He’s also showing off images in his Rhody jersey. Settle down.
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah I know....he's not a 5th year next season so no grad transfer.....
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Please let this die...
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

he was re-posting from a friend - his Instagram handle is jt_215

I thought the same thing, but you can faintly see it's a re-posting
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Wait ... Huh... What in tarnation is this Instagram thing? Goshdarn kids with their social.media kerfuffle. Woman! Where's my TV Guide?!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We're seeing ghosts.....lol
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Grad transfer?

Yeah I've been hard on Fatts at times, but that wouldn't be good.

Hope it means he's ready for a big turnaround.
At times? try any time we lose you love to spearhead the Fatts is killing us movement. You never take into account how much pressure this kid is under to perform and win. Fatts can literally be as good as any guard in CBB any given night and when he has an off night you lead the bench Fatts chant. Bench in favor of whom? we have two scholarship guards and a wing/guard. If a coach wants to address an ongoing issue with a payer in game, coach pulls them for a moment, addresses said situation and sits them in the first bench spot ready to get back in at the next whistle. Benching your best player at crunch time is not a thing unless it's last ditch and you really are ready to continue without him, clearly we are in no position to go anywhere Fatts doesn't go. Coaches give their best guys the green light for a reason. Having watched Fatts' behavior and body language for two and a half seasons I'm confident he's not out there trying to hero ball it up. He wants to win, he's our best player, he gets the green light and continues to get coached up, that's how this works.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

That's just typical Doombone hyperbole, throwing out nonsensical suggestions or whims that are unrealistic and short sighted

Coached > Benched
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago That's just typical Doombone hyperbole, throwing out nonsensical suggestions or whims that are unrealistic and short sighted

Coached > Benched
Bingo, yet he says people “agree with him”. Smh
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

People that say we should bench Fatts need to have their heads checked. The team has exactly two guards. TWO! Who exactly are you going to put in? Dadika?
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm just offering my opinions. Last time I checked, this is a message board where we are all entitled to them.

I really don't care whether you both agree with me or not.

But maybe you should spend a little less time trashing others opinions. You both are holier than thou, I get it.

Worry about yourself. Don't like it, don't read it.

Fatts is a very streaky player. Sometimes he's great, other times he's not.

Coached? He's been here for 2 and a half years...the "coaching" isn't working when he's shooting 9% from 3 over several games.

And I know we're shorthanded, but there's other ways to help the team when he's cold shooting.

STOP SHOOTING and involve the team more! Don't dribble for 20 seconds and charge to the hoop and either miss a wild shot or turn it over!

And your teammates are standing there watching and not moving?

What's so hard to understand?

For the 1000th time, I'm NOT saying he should be benched. But when he's off and still firing away, he needs to sit for a while until he stops doing it!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I'm just offering my opinions. Last time I checked, this is a message board where we are all entitled to them.

But maybe you should spend a little less time trashing others opinions. You both are holier than thou, I get it.

Coached? He's been here for 2 and a half years...the "coaching" isn't working when he's shooting 9% from 3 over several games.

And I know we're shorthanded, but there's other ways to help the team when he's cold shooting.

STOP SHOOTING and involve the team more! Don't dribble for 20 seconds and charge to the hoop and either miss a wild shot or turn it over!

For the 1000th time, I'm NOT saying he should be benched. But when he's off and still firing away, he needs to sit for a while until he stops doing it!
You’re not saying he should be benched, but have said he should be benched at least a dozen times in 2020, alone. Get a grip, man.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I'm just offering my opinions. Last time I checked, this is a message board where we are all entitled to them.

Do you think Ed Cooley isn't coaching AJ Reeves - a supposed elite perimeter shooter who is shooting 26% from 3. I could go through dozens of rosters and find numerous examples similar. Are none of these coaches doing anything? You act like 20 year old basketball players are robots, and just act on command. The coaching part is to continue to reinforce what are good/great shots, vs what are forced shots. The more good/great shots Fatts takes the more he will make. Also fwiw no coach in america would tell their leading scorer to stop shooting bc he missed some shots, they would tell them to take better shots.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

My wife coaches me daily on where to put my socks. Some days they make it in the hamper, most days, they don’t.

But guess what....

...you guessed it.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

We are not quite there yet but this has all the makings of why I thought Cox was a disaster hire. And I said it at the time. It was not really about him, specifically, because that is impossible to tell. It was clear he was hired to maintain continuity and (mostly, in my opinion) keep that class together. That rarely works in college hoops. Dan built something very credible here and we look exactly five feet down the bench for the replacement. People should have been knocking down the door for an interview. JD and Cyril leave after this year. Who knows about Fatts. Even if he does stay, the thought of him not having JD and Cl to somewhat put a lid on his shots is horrifying. This is not going to end well.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Jesus Christ.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years agoJesus Christ.
On one hand, he’s as wrong this time as he is every other time - which is to say completely and entirely and in every possible dimension. On the other hand, this is why you can’t lose to Brown.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The only thing about Fatts, is when he's going all hero ball and clanking everything...he need to take a seat next to Cox for a few minutes and be reminded to stop with all the bad shots and get your teammates involved...you know like pass first?

That's it. I know we can't afford to sit him for long stretches...but we need him to play smarter.

That's the end of my Fatts discussion.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago My wife coaches me daily on where to put my socks. Some days they make it in the hamper, most days, they don’t.

But guess what....

...you guessed it.
Boy, you got a good coach at home. Lots of patience.

If I missed the hamper two times in a row, my ass would be benched.

If I missed the hamper as often as you do, we could be talking the "transfer portal".
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago My wife coaches me daily on where to put my socks. Some days they make it in the hamper, most days, they don’t.

But guess what....

...you guessed it.
Boy, you got a good coach at home. Lots of patience.

If I missed the hamper two times in a row, my ass would be benched.

If I missed the hamper as often as you do, we could be talking the "transfer portal".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The portal costs too much!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
On one hand, he’s as wrong this time as he is every other time - which is to say completely and entirely and in every possible dimension. On the other hand, this is why you can’t lose to Brown.
Come on TP. You’ve been saying for a month or more how over-rated Richmond was and then we go and get beat by Richmond on our home court following the Brown debacle.
It’s not just the Loss to Brown that has the Rhody natives restless.
Tonight with Davidson is a big game considering @ VCU is in 3 days.

Losing 3 straight home games to Brown, Richmond and Davidson would be tough to take and yes I am calling the Brown game with 85% URI fans a home game.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I hear you, but, cmon man.,,
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Cox certainly isn't a disaster... I think he is a good coach who has a great basketball mind. It's simple for me. If Cox can't pull out a bid or at least be in the discussion with the roster we have right now then I'll start to have my doubts. I have faith he can turn it around.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Gonebarongone wrote: 4 years ago We are not quite there yet but this has all the makings of why I thought Cox was a disaster hire. And I said it at the time. It was not really about him, specifically, because that is impossible to tell. It was clear he was hired to maintain continuity and (mostly, in my opinion) keep that class together. That rarely works in college hoops. Dan built something very credible here and we look exactly five feet down the bench for the replacement. People should have been knocking down the door for an interview. JD and Cyril leave after this year. Who knows about Fatts. Even if he does stay, the thought of him not having JD and Cl to somewhat put a lid on his shots is horrifying. This is not going to end well.
You also are the one who said Xavier Munford was a mediocre gunner who should have been coached harder and not allowed the greenlight he was given on a talent depleted roster. As well as the guy who said Dan needed to hire a geriatric associate coach to help teach him offense. Not sure taking a victory lap here is the move.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago
Gonebarongone wrote: 4 years ago We are not quite there yet but this has all the makings of why I thought Cox was a disaster hire. And I said it at the time. It was not really about him, specifically, because that is impossible to tell. It was clear he was hired to maintain continuity and (mostly, in my opinion) keep that class together. That rarely works in college hoops. Dan built something very credible here and we look exactly five feet down the bench for the replacement. People should have been knocking down the door for an interview. JD and Cyril leave after this year. Who knows about Fatts. Even if he does stay, the thought of him not having JD and Cl to somewhat put a lid on his shots is horrifying. This is not going to end well.
You also are the one who said Xavier Munford was a mediocre gunner who should have been coached harder and not allowed the greenlight he was given on a talent depleted roster. As well as the guy who said Dan needed to hire a geriatric associate coach to help teach him offense. Not sure taking a victory lap here is the move.
Well, the difference between you and me was I can admit I was wrong. Munford's pro career proved he was better than I ever thought he was but sort of proved Dan didn't handle him well. Also, let's not crown DH an offensive guru. He had exactly zero top 50 offenses to go with some pretty good offensive players. If you think he was above average when it came to that side of the ball, I am not sure what to tell you. Never once had an assist/FGA rate in the top 100. We were high screen/heavy iso for six years. Could have been better. Much better.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Dan is pretty much running the same type of offense at UConn, to hear UConn fans on their board tell it.

For UConn, even with increased talent coming in next year and beyond, he needs to improve on that side of the ball for people to entertain the thought of being a national champ contender again down the road.

We could have told them that coming in. Some of them know it will take time, but some are getting impatient. No surprise.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Even if we dont make the tournament then I will give Dave the benefit of the doubt with the issues with our roster this year.

Unless we completely fall of the tracks and never turn it around and it's a complete mess.

Up until the Brown game you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that was feeling like he was in over his head.

I mean I had seen some of the best ball movement I've ever seen in my relatively short, but 14 years as a ram fan.

Our defense hasn't been Hurley good, but we sure as hell don't foul 25 times a freaking game.

See Dan had a LOT of games where we would play STUPID on offense. Just iso all day.
But we would play good defense and foul you so much that you'd never get in a rhythm and we'd claw our way back in.

We lost these last two because we had some Dan Hurley bad offense, minus the hard nosed defense where we foul the dog shit out of you.

People are being dumb about Fatts now too.

He hasn't shot that well since the second half of the WKU game, but if you really look at it he has only had two bad games this year.

Maryland and Richmond.

Some relatively bad shooting games other than that. MTSU he couldnt shoot, but had 10 assists. Shot poorly against WKU, but he had a lot of assists and made huge shots in crunch time. Brown was rough, but he willed us back in the game.

Now he definitely regressed in his decision making in the Richmond game. We have seen a much more poised Fatts for the majority of the year. He needs to stay that way and Jeff just needs to make some shots.

They do that we are finnnne
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Even if we dont make the tournament then I will give Dave the benefit of the doubt with the issues with our roster this year.

Unless we completely fall of the tracks and never turn it around and it's a complete mess.

Up until the Brown game you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that was feeling like he was in over his head.

I mean I had seen some of the best ball movement I've ever seen in my relatively short, but 14 years as a ram fan.

Our defense hasn't been Hurley good, but we sure as hell don't foul 25 times a freaking game.

See Dan had a LOT of games where we would play STUPID on offense. Just iso all day.
But we would play good defense and foul you so much that you'd never get in a rhythm and we'd claw our way back in.

We lost these last two because we had some Dan Hurley bad offense, minus the hard nosed defense where we foul the dog shit out of you.

People are being dumb about Fatts now too.

He hasn't shot that well since the second half of the WKU game, but if you really look at it he has only had two bad games this year.

Maryland and Richmond.

Some relatively bad shooting games other than that. MTSU he couldnt shoot, but had 10 assists. Shot poorly against WKU, but he had a lot of assists and made huge shots in crunch time. Brown was rough, but he willed us back in the game.

Now he definitely regressed in his decision making in the Richmond game. We have seen a much more poised Fatts for the majority of the year. He needs to stay that way and Jeff just needs to make some shots.

They do that we are finnnne
Aren't the roster issues are on Dave?
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Gonebarongone wrote: 4 years ago Also, let's not crown DH an offensive guru. He had exactly zero top 50 offenses to go with some pretty good offensive players. If you think he was above average when it came to that side of the ball, I am not sure what to tell you. Never once had an assist/FGA rate in the top 100. We were high screen/heavy iso for six years. Could have been better. Much better.
He had two Top 70 offenses. And both of those offenses ranked as the second-best offenses in the A-10 in those respective years.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Come on TP. You’ve been saying for a month or more how over-rated Richmond was and then we go and get beat by Richmond on our home court following the Brown debacle.

Losing 3 straight home games to Brown, Richmond and Davidson would be tough to take and yes I am calling the Brown game with 85% URI fans a home game.
ramster - no native is more restless than I am. I’m extremely unhappy about the last two games, Richmond possibly more so but the difference is that I anticipated it following the Brown game. I think my posts during and after those games confirm this. I believe they did grave damage to their season with those two games. Still, though, huge leap from “I’m extremely unhappy with the last two games” to “they screwed up hiring the coach,” and the arguments presented to support that opinion don’t even make any sense.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

ramster - no native is more restless than I am. I’m extremely unhappy about the last two games, Richmond possibly more so but the difference is that I anticipated it following the Brown game. I think my posts during and after those games confirm this. I believe they did grave damage to their season with those two games. Still, though, huge leap from “I’m extremely unhappy with the last two games” to “they screwed up hiring the coach,” and the arguments presented to support that opinion don’t even make any sense.
Fair enough TP
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Can all these Fatts posts get deleted too? I’m starting to get offended the thread is getting so off topic from Dana’s tragic exit from the program.
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I wouldn’t say disaster hire that’s over the top. Most of your post I agree with though , We need to let things play out over 4 full years . If we don’t sniff the dance after 4 years then we need to really look at things ??
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

We just have to look down 95 to see how things can change quickly . Let’s wait til the end of the season to judge the season.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Can all these Fatts posts get deleted too? I’m starting to get offended the thread is getting so off topic from Dana’s tragic exit from the program.
:lol: :lol:
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We have very few options with such a depleted roster.

When a couple key guys don't play well we are in trouble.

Same with the lack of defense.

This year, unfortunately, is going to be [hopefully] a hard lesson learned by the head coach when it comes to roster management.

Shame for Cyril and Jeff, but what can you do?
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Gonebarongone wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago
Well, the difference between you and me was I can admit I was wrong. Munford's pro career proved he was better than I ever thought he was but sort of proved Dan didn't handle him well. Also, let's not crown DH an offensive guru. He had exactly zero top 50 offenses to go with some pretty good offensive players. If you think he was above average when it came to that side of the ball, I am not sure what to tell you. Never once had an assist/FGA rate in the top 100. We were high screen/heavy iso for six years. Could have been better. Much better.
No problem admitting I am wrong, that's just not the case here. Your exact quote at the time was "its not too much to ask for a Top 100 offense" -- well both NCAA years we had a Top 70 offense, to go with a Top 50 defense. Every coach has their strengths and weaknesses, and areas where they excel more than others. Your POV at the time was that he wasn't a good coach and needed to hire a George Blaney to succeed. Wrong. How he used Munford? He gave his best player the greenlight on a team with very little talent. And I guess you are right, 2 A10 chips, 2 NCAA wins, 365+ days between A10 losses, yeah it could have been much better. What a joke.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Any announcement where Dana is transferring?
“We will be good when we are good.”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Anyone know if you can reconsider a transfer once your name is in the portal? I know he's still got some transgressions to work through here to get right, but just wondering if that was a possibility.

Trying to keep this rules and regulations straight is ridiculous.

Considering how often kids are jumping ship these days, I wonder if they'd be able to change again?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Anyone know if you can reconsider a transfer once your name is in the portal? I know he's still got some transgressions to work through here to get right, but just wondering if that was a possibility.

Trying to keep this rules and regulations straight is ridiculous.

Considering how often kids are jumping ship these days, I wonder if they'd be able to change again?
I believe you can because didn’t John Petty and Kira Lewis originally had their names in it when Avery Johnson was let go from Alabama and came back after Nate Oats was hired.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yes, you can submit your name into the transfer portal mid year and remove it if you change your mind. Now the coach would need to be convinced it would not happen again and want the player back as well. A perfect example of this happened this year when the best player for UTEP entered his name in the transfer portal mid way through the year. He then changed his mind after some injuries and decided to remove his name from the transfer portal and has rejoined the team. The player Jordan Lathon.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

That would be cool if this all worked out. Transferring has to be a GIANT pain in the ass for a student athlete.
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

When do classes start ??