Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
reef wrote: 1 year ago Who was Jeff sitting next to ?? Was that a former player ??
Will Leviton
Good call Ramster, he did look familiar
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Don’t ask me how I recognized him in the matter of 3 seconds, but I turned on the XFL and they showed some players on the San Antonio team.

One they showed was Rex Sunahara, former walk on.

He’s a long snapper on the team.
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Jarvis Garrett was at the U. Mass game, but no mention of him on the PA.

Just think, it could have gone like this..JARRRRRRR-vis GAAAAAAAAAARETTTTTTTTT
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Jarvis Garrett was at the U. Mass game, but no mention of him on the PA.

Since they didn't say the names of the former players and coaches who were ON the court, I'm not shocked they didn't say one of them who wasn't.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

LIRAM wrote: 1 year ago Sad news on Long Island, Big Ed Brown who played one season with Rhody 98-99 has passed away. Don't know any of the details. Ed was a character who spent two seasons at St. John's and one with Rhody. Had some really good moments off the bench his one season. He was academically ineligible for Jerry D's first year. Big body who was well liked by many. Rest Easy Big ED.
If I heard right Friday night he had leukemia. Really sad and much too young
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Rest In Peace big Ed.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RIP, Ed. He could throw an awesome outlet pass!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hassan continues to be the man!!

Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago RIP, Ed. He could throw an awesome outlet pass!
For a guy built like Gorilla Monsoon he had incredibly quick feet.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Jarvis Garrett was at the U. Mass game, but no mention of him on the PA.

Since they didn't say the names of the former players and coaches who were ON the court, I'm not shocked they didn't say one of them who wasn't.
They didnt!!?

Like wtf is wrong with them
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

They didnt!!?

Like wtf is wrong with them
Not even Jim Harrick was introduced.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Maybe they didn't want Yorke embarrassing them!
NCAAs or Bust!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Not introducing former greats and even not so greats is inexcusable. This one has to fall on Thorr.
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jeff got 19 minutes with 5 points and 3 assists.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

20 minutes for Dowtin again today still 5 minutes left , hopefully he remains in the rotation the rest of the season , Raps look like they will be in the play in tournament
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

These guys like them some Jeff!

Jeff had 7 points on 3-7 shooting 1-1 3FG 2 assists today

Go Raptors!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago 20 minutes for Dowtin again today still 5 minutes left , hopefully he remains in the rotation the rest of the season , Raps look like they will be in the play in tournament
Once FVV comes back he won’t see the floor much unfortunately but he may have passed Flynn on the depth chart
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

JD is a pro’s pro. He does what is needed for the team, not just his benefit. Has alway been mature on the court beyond his years. Never the flashiest but still a Rhody great doing it his way; the team first way.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
That... seems like a bizarre pick-up for West Virginia. At Hofstra, Silverio topped out at 10.9 PPG, 3.3 RPG, about an assist and a steal a game. His highest single season PER was 14.7. He wasn't as good as, say, Allen Betrand, who struggled going from Towson to URI before getting hurt. Maybe its strictly an age thing? Silverio will turn 25 in November.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

College basketball is so random right now. I absolutely love it.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just a year ago Omar had this big game to his
As Jeff Borzello article described HC's liking those older players now

By AP
Feb 16, 2022
ELON, N.C. (AP) Omar Silverio had a career-high 40 points shooting 11 for 16 from 3-point range and Hofstra beat Elon 97-64 on Tuesday night
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ace wrote: 1 year ago College basketball is so random right now. I absolutely love it.
in contrast - i hate it

give me the goo ole days where you have a player from freshman to senior year

to each their own tho
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
That... seems like a bizarre pick-up for West Virginia. At Hofstra, Silverio topped out at 10.9 PPG, 3.3 RPG, about an assist and a steal a game. His highest single season PER was 14.7. He wasn't as good as, say, Allen Betrand, who struggled going from Towson to URI before getting hurt. Maybe its strictly an age thing? Silverio will turn 25 in November.
I think we’d need to know more about their roster construction for next year to make sense of it. Maybe they have 1 scholarship left and are looking to replace that envisioned role with a bench level guard? Then maybe a perfect fit. Not exactly a super enticing role to offer a transfer who could start a million other places
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
I think we’d need to know more about their roster construction for next year to make sense of it. Maybe they have 1 scholarship left and are looking to replace that envisioned role with a bench level guard? Then maybe a perfect fit. Not exactly a super enticing role to offer a transfer who could start a million other places
That other kid from Manhattan also transferred there - Jose Perez - and wasn't allowed to play. Maybe they were a package deal.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

They’re childhood friends as well.

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I can’t see Omar doing well there
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Agreed reef I always wish well of any ram who leaves the program unless their dicks (Mitchells) but he was only ok at a team in the Colonial don’t think it’ll translate too much

For example look at his buddy Perez guy was way over his head when he transferred to Marquette from Gardner Webb
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

So that's Jonathan Holton, Rex Sunahara and now Omar who have gone from here to West Virginia in about the last decade? Talk about random
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Huggy bear will keep Omar on the bench right next to him
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

That other kid from Manhattan also transferred there - Jose Perez - and wasn't allowed to play. Maybe they were a package deal.
"Player to be named later"
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think Perez is better , I will still be surprised if Omar is a starter for them maybe 6th to 8th man @ best maybe I’m wrong
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Agreed reef I always wish well of any ram who leaves the program unless their dicks (Mitchells) but he was only ok at a team in the Colonial don’t think it’ll translate too much

For example look at his buddy Perez guy was way over his head when he transferred to Marquette from Gardner Webb
I might be in the minority here, but after watching Kentucky/Arkansas, I kinda wish Archie kept the Mitchell’s. Would have like to see them provide some support defensively and in the interior.

Would have likely been a parental sh*tshow with their mom and Brays dad but we would have won more games.. :lol:
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago
Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Agreed reef I always wish well of any ram who leaves the program unless their dicks (Mitchells) but he was only ok at a team in the Colonial don’t think it’ll translate too much

I might be in the minority here, but after watching Kentucky/Arkansas, I kinda wish Archie kept the Mitchell’s. Would have like to see them provide some support defensively and in the interior.

Would have likely been a parental sh*tshow with their mom and Brays dad but we would have won more games.. :lol:
They are exceptionally talented. No denying that. Archie's defensive scheme is complicated as hell and the next coherent thought to rattle around either of their heads would be their first. I just don't see them understanding the pack line defense concept. It would lead to a lot of frustrating baskets with them way out of position.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I agree, I would have liked to see how they would have done under Archie. I don't think they were nearly as much of a problem as most do (yes they had some bad technicals at times).
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The Mitchell twins v J Toppin today I can’t watch !!
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

reef wrote: 1 year ago The Mitchell twins v J Toppin today I can’t watch !!
For all three, their numbers don’t look great. But each is actually played well during the game. Toppin is running point. And the Mitchells have been battling and banging OT all game.
- Mr. Rogers
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

This Kentucky v Arkansas may be one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in a while. And here I thought it was only A-10 refs….
- Mr. Rogers
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
So that's Jonathan Holton, Rex Sunahara and now Omar who have gone from here to West Virginia in about the last decade? Talk about random
Don’t forget about Tre Mitchell! 😂
Go Rhody
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Would’ve liked to keep makhel, didn’t care at all about makhi, he cried too much
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Twins combined for 1-7 2 points 5 fouls in 33 minutes looks like they will be around a 9 seed
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

FACT was that Mrs. Mitchell did not make it to many games. 1 or 2, due to her job and the lack of funds. So I do not think it would have been an issue behind the bench at all.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Glad the twins are gone was so tough to root for those 2 !!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

What I remember about Omar was that he was not nearly quick enough for A10 guards, guessing he lacks the quickness for that conference.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago What I remember about Omar was that he was not nearly quick enough for A10 guards, guessing he lacks the quickness for that conference.
Right and the Big 12 is the best conference top to bottom now
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

OK, but in this situation Ish is gone or stays but doesn't take the leap he has
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
Don’t forget about Tre Mitchell! 😂
I see what you did there
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Not sure what's going on with TJ Buchanan. Figured I'd see how Eastern Michigan did this season, but don't see him listed on their staff page and the link to his biography in the announcement of his hiring brings up a 404. Looks like he was announced as Director of Operations 8/9, but then they announced a new Director of Operations 11/14. Hopefully all is well with him and his family