3/10 | Richmond | 8:30PM (USA) | A10 Second Round

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Re: 3/10 | Richmond | 8:30PM (USA) | A10 Second Round

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

my chocotaco tastes like shit
:lol:
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago Someone just asked him about being done at URI. Kind of stupid, obviously he can't talk about that.
Ok, which one of you madlads counterfeited a press pass?
Any word if the person started incoherently mumbling random song lyrics after asking the question?
savage
:lol:
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

As I mentioned in the Duquense A-10 game thread, no Providence tv station sent any staff to cover URI in DC. Just checked the state's largest newspaper for a Richmond game recap and saw a similar action. They used a non Projo stringer on contract to cover URI for them as a SPECIAL TO THE PROVIDENCE JOURNAL.

Rhody basketball under David Cox has become irrelevant in the local market. Just another factor why an immediate change must be made.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago As I mentioned in the Duquense A-10 game thread, no Providence tv station sent any staff to cover URI in DC. Just checked the state's largest newspaper for a Richmond game recap and saw a similar action. They used a non Projo stringer on contract to cover URI for them as a SPECIAL TO THE PROVIDENCE JOURNAL.

Rhody basketball under David Cox has become irrelevant in the local market. Just another factor why an immediate change must be made.
It's still pretty difficult to believe that only 4 years ago we won this conference, after winning the conference tournament the year before and making 2 consecutive NCAA's. Now the program has fallen below Bryant in stature, something that should never, ever happen even at our lowest. And please spear me that we beat them by 20 on November 12
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago Just another factor why an immediate change must be made.
It has begun!
Mobley was fouled.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

luke wrote: 2 years ago Playmikemore , I don't think I was whining about the officiating . I was just telling the truth and I did not blame the loss on the officiating if you actually read and comprehended my post . Do I think it was a factor ? Yes I do . But it was still a winnable game as I pointed out. and yes , as a matter of fact I have officiated many many games at many levels CYO , Elementary school and high School and was in demand though it was almost 40 years ago , granted. They could have called a foul almost every time the Mitchells touched the ball. On the steal from Carey by Gilyard , he wrappedhis right arm around Carey as he reached around for the steal with his left which is a canny move. That should have been called a foul . Golden plowed into a set URI player and should have been called for an offensive foul , instead URI got the foul . The out of bounds call which was changed was originally called URI ball . There is no way the officials could see who touched that ball last because the ball disappeared behind the URI player and since there was no indisputable evidence either way it should have remained URI ball. But again they still had an opportunity to win and they didn't . Are you telling me that Richmond was not as physical as URI and the defense on the Mitchells was not at least as physical as that on golden ? And the URI guards were more physical than URI guards ? How do you explain 33 free throws to 15 when URI went inside constantly and had a size advantage which generally results in the smaller team having to foul . Gilyard 2 fouls Golden3 fouls Gustavson 2 fouls Burton 2 fouls , Cayo 2 fouls no one with 4 ,. URi El-Amin4 fouls Shepard 4 fouls because they are so much more physical than Gilyard who was all over his man and Gustavson . MahKel Mitchell 4 fouls Makahi Mitchell 3 fouls . So URI had 3 guys with 4 fouls and UR had zero with four fouls . I don't believe URI was the more aggressive defense especially under the basket . But again I believe what I said was accurate . If you don't that is your opinion . I don't consider it whining . It is my opinion and you have yours that it was all fine . I did not blame the loss on the officials, but I believe it did have an effect on the game . That is my opinion . And is your point that the officiating was excellent and had absolutely no effect one way or the other ? I am certain you will find many who disagree with that assessment . Maybe the officials were influenced by the crowd ? I don't know , but I know it happens . Not every game is officiated well . That is just a fact . And in my opinion this one was not well officiated . URI has lost many many games this season on their own . This was not one of the better officiated games this season. that is all I have to say .
Officiating was not a factor in the outcome. Calls are good and bad both ways. Deal with it. And officials don't keep track of which players have fouls. They call what they see. Please move on.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

So you are saying officials never have a bad game ? Even they will admit privately that just as teams have bad games , so do they .I am not saying they deliberately favored one team, but it certainly happens . Not every game just comes out even on the calls . Just as flipping a coin doesn't necessarily come out fifty fifty if you flip it twice , It is just a fact that it doesn't come out even every game .it isn't logical that if officials miss some calls in a game that they will automatically balance out in every game . Sometimes a team must overcome the imbalance to win. Players understand that it is part of the game . Please don't try to tell me that it doesn't happen because most people realize that it does . If you disagree that the calls were one sided
I can accept that as your opinion . My opinion differs from yours . You are not the authority on the subject and neither am I I don't have to get over it
and move on . it remains my opinion. As far as the game URI deserved to lose because of the mistakes , turnovers and missed free throws . I understand
that and that's basketball.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

luke wrote: 2 years ago So you are saying officials never have a bad game ? Even they will admit privately that just as teams have bad games , so do they .I am not saying they deliberately favored one team, but it certainly happens . Not every game just comes out even on the calls . Just as flipping a coin doesn't necessarily come out fifty fifty if you flip it twice , It is just a fact that it doesn't come out even every game .it isn't logical that if officials miss some calls in a game that they will automatically balance out in every game . Sometimes a team must overcome the imbalance to win. Players understand that it is part of the game . Please don't try to tell me that it doesn't happen because most people realize that it does . If you disagree that the calls were one sided
I can accept that as your opinion . My opinion differs from yours . You are not the authority on the subject and neither am I I don't have to get over it
and move on . it remains my opinion. As far as the game URI deserved to lose because of the mistakes , turnovers and missed free throws . I understand
that and that's basketball.
1. Did I write that officials never have a bad game? Where did I write that? Please quote me.

2. You wrote: "I am not saying they deliberately favored one team, but it certainly happens." Really??? So they deliberately do this? You have proof of this? Proof of intent by officials? Care to share the evidence that officials are intentionally rigging games by making calls in favor of one team over another? (Other than Tim Donaghy) I'm anxious to see this evidence so it'll be all over ESPN, CBS, New York Times, etc. when you do. Huge story!

3. You wrote: "It isn't logical that if officials miss some calls in a game that they will automatically balance out in every game." Well if you believe in conspiracy theories, I guess so. If an official misses a call, he misses. He (hopefully) makes the next call and it's the right call. Isn't it more possible that one team fouls more than the other and that's how the officials saw and officiated the game? That's the reason for the imbalance. Subjective and biased fans and board posters don't exactly see the game the same way officials do.

4. Yes, you do need to get over it. That's life. Or maybe there's another posting board dedicated to whining about officials. I'm not aware of one but perhaps there's one out there.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago my chocotaco tastes like shit
there's a good reason for that....