1/20 | Duquesne | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: 1/20 | Duquesne | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody72 wrote: 3 years ago I guess many of you younger fans didn't get my Jack Kraft reference. Now is the best time to dump players who will not be a factor next year and develop a team for the future with the rest. As happened with Jack Kraft there will screams from the opposition. Too bad. Thor should give Cox an extension to show his support - there is no better time to double down. Now is the time to build a winning program at URI. Fatts and Harris are a detriment to the future of the program and should be jettisoned.
Who hacked R72's account?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Ramtastico wrote: 3 years ago I am super busy at work and watched the first half last night. Except for the dumb foul at the end, looking good. Can’t wait for the second half tonight!
You're in for a real treat! :lol:
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Ramtastico wrote: 3 years ago I am super busy at work and watched the first half last night. Except for the dumb foul at the end, looking good. Can’t wait for the second half tonight!
This is good.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I'll say this, since I wasn't going to be able to watch until after halftime, I didn't subscribe to espn+ for the game. I was going to ask if anyone had a replay, but I certainly don't want see one now.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeteRI wrote: 3 years ago That Baker's a cocky little shit.

(I want him.on my team.)
You made the Duquesne Board......

Posted by indygjm
1/21/2021 9:52 pm #73
FAM wrote:

"But the bigger difference is the Duquesne team, as currently built, shouldn’t have been able to compete. Players are abandoning the program — Sincere Carry, Maceo Austin and Lamar Norman Jr. have recently been missing, looking for greener pastures — and in their previous four contests, the Dukes have scored exactly 48 points in three games with 63 in another."
The Providence Journal

​This is a paragraph from their write up on the game last night. This really pissed me off!

FAM - I also saw a lot of comments on the RI message board that disparaged the Dukes. But, there was one which I thought was great -

"That Baker's a cocky little naughty word."
(I want him on my team.)

https://duquesnefans.boardhost.com/view ... d=4127&p=3
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 3 years ago That Baker's a cocky little shit.

(I want him.on my team.)
You made the Duquesne Board......

Posted by indygjm
1/21/2021 9:52 pm #73
FAM wrote:

"But the bigger difference is the Duquesne team, as currently built, shouldn’t have been able to compete. Players are abandoning the program — Sincere Carry, Maceo Austin and Lamar Norman Jr. have recently been missing, looking for greener pastures — and in their previous four contests, the Dukes have scored exactly 48 points in three games with 63 in another."
The Providence Journal

​This is a paragraph from their write up on the game last night. This really pissed me off!

FAM - I also saw a lot of comments on the RI message board that disparaged the Dukes. But, there was one which I thought was great -

"That Baker's a cocky little naughty word."
(I want him on my team.)

https://duquesnefans.boardhost.com/view ... d=4127&p=3
They can't say 'shit' in Pittsburgh?
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

You can't say it here either. You'll be called out by Ramster for using such horrific language.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

A URI problem is that unhappy players who not committed to the success of the team are not leaving. The Dukes lost many of these types, the team floundered for a few games, and is slowly improving again as they learn how to be successful with the bodies that remain. It's difficult to improve without a commitment from all players,
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RAM67 wrote: 3 years ago You can't say it here either. You'll be called out by Ramster for using such horrific language.
Nah
Use all you want. Any comments I made just increased the usage.
So go for it. Whatever floats your boat.
Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

If I had known they were gonna quote me I would have called him a stinky doodyhead.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhody72 wrote: 3 years ago A URI problem is that unhappy players who not committed to the success of the team are not leaving. The Dukes lost many of these types, the team floundered for a few games, and is slowly improving again as they learn how to be successful with the bodies that remain. It's difficult to improve without a commitment from all players,
.....was it Coach Parcells that sad there are “ me players” and “team players”.......?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »