2/8 | George Washington | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/8 | George Washington | 12:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by bigappleram »

The Big East is so good that PC lost to Long Beach State, Charleston and Penn at home (and got boat raced by us and Florida) and looks like the 3rd best team in the league.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I'm so confused. He said GW is pillow soft. GW is pillow soft. Where is the controversy? If anything he is complementing the fact that we beat the crap out of another bad team very easily.
No, he said another pillow soft implying the league is soft. Which also is a slap to the team and implies the win streak isn't impressive because they aren't beating anyone good.

Lastly in comes from a notorious PC fanboy so it's not a big leap to figure it comes with that air of self importance friar fans love to walk around with like they're some blue blood program.

He could've easily just tweeted "URI takes care of business ahead of anticipated show down with #6 Dayton"
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

GW isn't quite as soft with Potter in the game. Probably wouldn't have won as easily if he played.

We did to them what an NCAA tournament team would do.

The A-10 is kinda soft.

The likes of GW, Fordham, UMass, St Joes and La Salle, Mason are pretty soft. Most of them have good enough young talent to be a nuisance to most teams though.

The rest of the league can compete at a pretty high level.

Dayton is one of the best in the country.

We are a tournament team right now.

VCU is very close to in.

SLU, Duquesne, Richmond and St Bonaventure are good.

I think those top 7 could compete with most anybody.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

giovanni wrote: 4 years ago This BE/PC lover always claims to be neutral.

I see him sitting in front of what ECR refers to as the “shower curtain” (agreed). Come to Rhody Nation yet always have a low blow, congrats KMac.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

He could have said URI takes care of business and beats a bad GWU team and most wouldn’t have taken too much offense instead he says another pillow soft squad cuz he wants to get that needle in . Just seemed a bit unnecessary we know the bottom half of the league is pretty bad
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

reef wrote: 4 years ago He could have said URI takes care of business and beats a bad GWU team and most wouldn’t have taken too much offense instead he says another pillow soft squad cuz he wants to get that needle in . Just seemed a bit unnecessary we know the bottom half of the league is pretty bad
He is such a chode!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 4 years ago
adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I'm so confused. He said GW is pillow soft. GW is pillow soft. Where is the controversy? If anything he is complementing the fact that we beat the crap out of another bad team very easily.
No, he said another pillow soft implying the league is soft. Which also is a slap to the team and implies the win streak isn't impressive because they aren't beating anyone good.

Lastly in comes from a notorious PC fanboy so it's not a big leap to figure it comes with that air of self importance friar fans love to walk around with like they're some blue blood program.

He could've easily just tweeted "URI takes care of business ahead of anticipated show down with #6 Dayton"
Honestly, that seems like quite the stretch to assume he was implying the whole win streak wasn't impressive. I took the "another pillow soft" part to mean that Rhody was once again beating up on one of the bad A10 teams (as we should). But either way, I've already spent way more time talking about that dummy then I want to, so I am moving on.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Watching Channel 10. The Rhody game was their lead in CBB story after talking about the almost failing Sox trade... ten wins in a row and they spent more time showcasing PC’s loss and whatever game happened at the Pizz today.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Any replays of the GW game? Was not able to watch real time.
IDK how to upload it or if possible, but if you have a cable/or live TV service that allows you to stream CBSSN on-line, you may be able to re-air (stream) it. I found it on my (hulu tv) site with a little clickable re-air button. Or hopefully rhodysurf posts it at some point.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
TulaneGradRamFan wrote: 4 years ago

There are a lot of near below the belt derogatory remarks about the Rams in the thread above Coach Cox could use to motivate the team when playing against Dayton.

Here are a few:

" Pillow soft is correct... not sure if they are ready for the big boys of Dayton.. they have beaten the teams they are supposed to but seriously struggle against good competition" and "The A-10 is Charmin soft".
Why is everyone so triggered by this stuff every year?

ITS TRUE.

The A10 is soft. So soft that we have to look at finishing 15-3 in it to think we’re “safe” on the right side of the bubble.

We have a great team, 2 really dangerous teams 2-3 “good” teams - and the rest of our teams are shit. Look at the Fordham thread.

Most teams are good enough to beat you - but not good enough to help you in the National picture.

Stop being butthurt when people say things that are true because you have a terminal case of little brother syndrome.

The Big East is very good this year. Top to bottom top 100 teams. The A10 isn’t.

Doesn’t make anyone a “hater” for pointing that out.

Want to earn our accolades? Beat Dayton Tuesday and show the nation we’re for real.
The way I see it, half the nbe is bad and half the A10 is bad.

blueram you need to get your eyeglass prescription checked. that's just a foolish statement. the nbe's worse net is St. Johns at 72. 8 of the 14 a10 teams are worse than that and 6 of those teams have net's higher than 160.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Again, I don’t care and I didn’t bring it up, but it doesn’t seem to me that points 1 & 2 are totally necessary. It’s not that it’s wrong, it’s that you could say a lot of true things that would make you kind of a dick for saying them. But that’s OK with me! KMac has the right to be a douchebag if he wants to be, and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he does indeed want to be.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

It was an unnecessary dig by KMac. Period. It implies the whole league is soft. Which it isn’t. The bottom? Yes. But even the bottom can give you a challenge some nights. All he had to say was something like “Rhody takes care of business on the road.” He was however very complimentary about our wins vs VCU and the streak in general over the past few weeks.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Please anyone defending KevvieMac tell me when he called one of PeeCee's opponents "pillow soft" as we know they schedule about 7 "pillow soft" opponents per season, plenty of opportunities for KooKooMac to highlight PeeCee's great record against them this season.
Go Rhody!!!
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago https://twitter.com/dhoopster07

I feel like this boof is kMac’s Twitter account.
This guy says he's a "basketball junkie", hopefully for his sake he is not a sports gambling junkie

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Again, I don’t care and I didn’t bring it up, but it doesn’t seem to me that points 1 & 2 are totally necessary. It’s not that it’s wrong, it’s that you could say a lot of true things that would make you kind of a dick for saying them. But that’s OK with me! KMac has the right to be a douchebag if he wants to be, and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he does indeed want to be.
Wtf?
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I inquired about a replay of the GW game and all I got was a Almond Joy commercial!!!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago I inquired about a replay of the GW game and all I got was a Almond Joy commercial!!!
lol hope you didn't get excited when you saw the video embedded!

I did try to find something for you (see above)

Gotta run to work for a few hours but if you can't find a way to watch by later this afternoon you can borrow my login for an evening viewing 8-)
PM me later if you need it.
Go Rhody!!!
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 4 years ago

This is something we can all agree on. Kevin McNamara is a tool. He is a complete joke when it comes to be an unbiased observer of anything that might impugn the place of the almighty Friars in this state. That is nothing but a cheap shot at Rhode island and the A10. You can spin it any way you want as the usual suspects are doing, but that is a completely unprofessional and unnecessary tweet. This guy actually complained about the officiating during the PC Creighton game as the game was going on. He tweeted something along the lines of Friars are not exactly getting a home court whistle here. Pretty shocking I think coming from the journalist covering the team to do this while the game is going on. He is nothing short of a PC fan boy plain and simple, he sees everything through a PC lens when it comes to college basketball. He can go F himself.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Any replays of the GW game? Was not able to watch real time.
IDK how to upload it or if possible, but if you have a cable/or live TV service that allows you to stream CBSSN on-line, you may be able to re-air (stream) it. I found it on my (hulu tv) site with a little clickable re-air button. Or hopefully rhodysurf posts it at some point.
It takes me like an hour to 2 hours to do each game and tbh I don’t have tons of time. So I prioritize the important and exciting games. So games like VCU, PC, etc I do as fast as possible. Especially if they are games I think I would want to rewatch in a year or two. But a 30 point win over trash bag GW isn’t something I will spend time on until I am really bored, cuz after rewatching once I will probably never watch again tbh.

It is on the list, but time is expensive haha
Last edited by rhodysurf 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Lets get that dayton thread started.
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

Hey you guys. Dayton fans have begun speculating about the next game. http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago No reason we can't take Dayton to the wire on Tuesday. I watched their game today and really they were nothing too great against an average St. Louis team.
STL isn’t average. They hang their hats on physicality and defense. They’ve never been an offensive powerhouse. They do what they do well.

There are a few teams I don’t want to see come tourney time, SBU, Dayton, Davidson and SBU.

I’ve seen enough of VCU for the season.
I agree with the STL comments. Teams that play that style will never wow you. Their games can get ugly and tough to watch, but that style can work in March when there tends to be fewer foul calls because officials allow a bit more contact to let players decide the outcome. This is the team I’d least like to see in the A10 quarterfinals.
Waltman
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Waltman »

Why did we have 2-3 starters in with three mins to go up 30?
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Waltman wrote: 4 years ago Why did we have 2-3 starters in with three mins to go up 30?
We only play 8 guys. You’ll always have couple of starters.
Slava Ukraini!
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

Here, courtesy of YouTube, is an 88 second video by “The GW Hatchet”, summarizing Saturday’s game:

Men’s basketball loses to Rhode Island

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago
Waltman wrote: 4 years ago Why did we have 2-3 starters in with three mins to go up 30?
No. Erik Dadika and Jordan Green came in with 1:39 left in the game

URI played 10 guys.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

URI played 10 guys.
So you think walkons should come in earlier? I trust the coaching this one.
Slava Ukraini!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

There were a few Rhody fans that sat 2-3 rows behind the bench. Raise your hand if it was you.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I was in the 5th row behind bench. Eli was holding court in the 3rd row with the important people :) .
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI played 10 guys.
I didn’t say that. It was you who said we only play 8 guys.

I trust the Coach too, but it should be noted that the TV Announcers were questioning the starters still being in the game with 3-4 minutes still to play.

The game was easily over without a doubt.

If the NET is as strongly based on Defense and Offense efficiency as some seem to think then let the Coaching Staff determine how to manage that.

I do know that RPI has URI Ranked 15 and we are about 25 on AP and Coaches Polls do it’s strange NET is underrating URI. So the need to drive efficiency metrics may be driving behavior.

So Keaney Blue NCAA or Bust -
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

URI played 10 guys.
I didn’t say that. It was you who said we only play 8 guys.

I trust the Coach too, but it should be noted that the TV Announcers were questioning the starters still being in the game with 3-4 minutes still to play.

The game was easily over without a doubt.

If the NET is as strongly based on Defense and Offense efficiency as some seem to think then let the Coaching Staff determine how to manage that.

I do know that RPI has URI Ranked 15 and we are about 25 on AP and Coaches Polls do it’s strange NET is underrating URI. So the need to drive efficiency metrics may be driving behavior.

So Keaney Blue NCAA or Bust -
Highly doubt that. Hurley never played the bench either until the final minute or so. I think it's just a philosophy.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Plus its also worth mentioning that 3 or 4 possessions at the end of the game with walk ons in is not going to all of a sudden destroy your efficiency ratings. It's a few minutes out of about 1,200 played throughout the season. The walk ons could come in and dribble the ball off their foot out of bounds 5 straight times and it wouldn't have much of an affect on efficiency.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agreed. So why only give the walkons only 1:39 minutes at the end? Announcers were wondering and questioning why the starters were still in with 4 minutes left in the game up over 30. They were saying someone could get hurt.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Agreed. So why only give the walkons only 1:39 minutes at the end? Announcers were wondering and questioning why the starters were still in with 4 minutes left in the game up over 30. They were saying someone could get hurt.
Yeah I don't know, I said the same thing in the game thread at the time. Luckily nobody got hurt and all is well.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Whats impressive is that if the starters stayed in/Fatts didn't launch 70 foot shots, we would have won by 40.
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Why is this even a discussion?

We are really talking about how much we played the walk-ons now?!

Really, guys?!
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Why is this even a discussion?

Really, guys?!
Should not be, especially for a fan base that sees the best coach in all of sports, do the exact same thing on a consistent basis with the New England Patriots, in a sport where you are much more likely to have something bad happen to you.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Why is this even a discussion?

Really, guys?!
The direction this board has taken the past few days is something else. I realize it was just a full moon but smh.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I was wondering about it too when the under 4 came . I like when Dadika or Jordan Green get a shot attempt
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

This was broadcast before the GW game on February 6 and Kevin McNamara was less flattering than Bill Koch of URI in this "Pick and Pop" broadcast.
I'd never heard their podcast before living in another part of the country as I do and no longer living in RI or being a ProJo subscriber, I thought I'd post it for others who are starved for info on the Rams like me. https://omny.fm/shows/pick-and-pop-coll ... st!podcast

Of course the first part of the show is devoted to singing the praises of PC. Bill Koch starts with saying that "...if the season ended today... URI would be in the NCAA" Kevin adds that the only thing URI has going for it is domination thru the Atlantic 10 "..which has certainly been impressive..," and then later on comments that the Rams "...have not been dominant. They have not blown anyone out of the water and beaten anyone by 15 or 20 points.." He called the upcoming game against GW as " a little dangerous..." for URI. But in fairness he does credit Russell, Dowtin and Langevine. But as we all now know in hindsight, the Rams pretty much made a HUGE LIAR out of Kevin the way they creamed GW.

They also had some interesting comments about the upcoming Dayton game....
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TulaneGradRamFan wrote: 4 years ago This was broadcast before the GW game on February 6 and Kevin McNamara was less flattering than Bill Koch of URI in this "Pick and Pop" broadcast.
I'd never heard their podcast before living in another part of the country as I do and no longer living in RI or being a ProJo subscriber, I thought I'd post it for others who are starved for info on the Rams like me. https://omny.fm/shows/pick-and-pop-coll ... st!podcast

Of course the first part of the show is devoted to singing the praises of PC. Bill Koch starts with saying that "...if the season ended today... URI would be in the NCAA" Kevin adds that the only thing URI has going for it is domination thru the Atlantic 10 "..which has certainly been impressive..," and then later on comments that the Rams "...have not been dominant. They have not blown anyone out of the water and beaten anyone by 15 or 20 points.." He called the upcoming game against GW as " a little dangerous..." for URI. But in fairness he does credit Russell, Dowtin and Langevine. But as we all now know in hindsight, the Rams pretty much made a HUGE LIAR out of Kevin the way they creamed GW.

They also had some interesting comments about the upcoming Dayton game....
But if you are using hindsight you could say the Rams made a HUGE LIAR out of all of us as nobody was predicting URI winning be over 30 points. Go back and Read Luke’s point spread thread. I can’t see how you can criticize Kevin for that.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s beat Dayton tonight and force Lil Kevie to put URI on his top 25 ballot !!