2/16 | Fordham | 2:00PM (NBCSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/16 | Fordham | 2:00PM (NBCSN)

Unread post by section(105) »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I want these refs to suffer utterly horrible personal tragedy.

I’m sitting here begging for our guys to show some sort of emotion and this pearl clutching piece of shit is going to call a tech on a guy for yelling after he blocks a shot? Fuck that guy. Go ref 8 year olds if you want to police that kind of stuff.

totally disagree with this take. you can't get in an opposing players face like that. that was a well deserved T and I guarantee if it were the other team doing that and no T called 80% of this board would be whining.
........TP, come on man, you have to be better than this personal tragedy comment......then again maybe not.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I get very heated during the games. I think much worse thoughts than anything I’ve written here, to be honest. A lot of it is I just don’t respect referees as human beings. I’m very skeptical of the type of person who pursues authority by filling out a job application and putting on a certain outfit - certainly there are refs who just love basketball, but some of them just desperately want someone to have to do what they say. To me, you earn respect and authority organically, through your actions and proving you’re worthy of it over time. So when I think they aren’t taking their jobs seriously or aren’t doing it well or they are using their whistle maliciously, I view that as an abuse of unearned authority and that makes me upset.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I get very heated during the games. I think much worse thoughts than anything I’ve written here, to be honest. A lot of it is I just don’t respect referees as human beings. I’m very skeptical of the type of person who pursues authority by filling out a job application and putting on a certain outfit - certainly there are refs who just love basketball, but some of them just desperately want someone to have to do what they say. To me, you earn respect and authority organically, through your actions and proving you’re worthy of it over time. So when I think they aren’t taking their jobs seriously or aren’t doing it well or they are using their whistle maliciously, I view that as an abuse of unearned authority and that makes me upset.
.........I guess it is then the latter for me......think about your words, they matter......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I get very heated during the games. I think much worse thoughts than anything I’ve written here, to be honest. A lot of it is I just don’t respect referees as human beings. I’m very skeptical of the type of person who pursues authority by filling out a job application and putting on a certain outfit - certainly there are refs who just love basketball, but some of them just desperately want someone to have to do what they say. To me, you earn respect and authority organically, through your actions and proving you’re worthy of it over time. So when I think they aren’t taking their jobs seriously or aren’t doing it well or they are using their whistle maliciously, I view that as an abuse of unearned authority and that makes me upset.
Sounds like every politician....ever.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Blue Man wrote: 5 years ago David Cox lost this game at the end of regulation.

How do you have 30 seconds left with a tie game and a time out, NOT TAKE THAT TIME OUT, allow your 2 guard who isn’t a very good PG and is THE WORST shooter in the country to run the offense, hold the ball, and attempt to hoist up a last second shot.

How do you not call a time out? HOW DOES YOUR BEST PLAYER AND POINT GUARD NOT TOUCH THE BALL??

You only needed a single foul shot to win the game.

The whole world knew exactly what would happen on that play - fatts will dribble it up the court for 30 seconds and take an ill advised shot an miss. He threw in a nice wrinkle to turn it over and nearly lose the game.

The nice part was he gave our head coach the opportunity to lose this game twice.

This isn’t baron-esque. This is turning into Jerry D 2.0.
Hate to say it, but Dowtin did a WHOLE LOT of this today too. Dribbled dribbled dribbled, called for a screen, and jacked up a contested shot. I know the knee-jerk move is to get on Fatts, but I had zero issue with him today. He led the team in both scoring AND assists. Meanwhile Jeff was 1-for-9 from the field and had just two assists in 41 minutes.
TheGhostOfDH
Abdul Fox

Unread post by TheGhostOfDH »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 5 years ago We had good attendance. 6,258. Unfortunately given our performance all the hard work to build it up is going down the drain.
And a very small showing from students.
Three day weekend...Monday is a Holiday...
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

This team and staff beat itself today as they have done before. Key missed free throws by Cyril and CT. Lane violation on Martin when a sub 60% ft shooter misses the front end of a 1 and 1 - He then makes both when given a do over. Tate not satisfied with having his block being enough. Taunts the Fordham player and gets a T. FU makes both free throws and a fg to get four points in one trip. Careless turnovers by Tate and Fatts in the last few minutes. Martin trying to score when he should kill clock. They deserved this loss with the effort they put forth.

Must say I am glad I was not there to witness this in person. I had seen enough in home games versus Stony Brook, GMU, and Dayton. Wisely stayed at home and watched on tv. Have tickets to the Davidson and UMass games. Really not looking forward to making the trip down to Kingston twice more. This season can't end soon enough. Major disappointment with every member of the basketball program.
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Our coach is a joke

Our team is a joke

I’ve been calling out our team and coach all year

Hate to say I’ve been right

No way we shoujd suck this bad - no way

We lose to Fordham at home

What a joke

CUT BAIT
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 5 years ago
RIFan wrote: 5 years ago This season is very Baron-esque.

It's worse
Jerry D bad

emBARONsing !

CUT BAIT
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Rhody72 wrote: 5 years ago Just go home from the game.

I went to see the worst team in the A10 play and I did. Forget about records.

As I left after the game, fans were booing URI. It took incredible stupidity for URI to lose this game in regulation.

No FGs in the 5 minute OT by URI.

You can't be a good team in CBB if you can't make 3 point shots.

This is what a full week to practice from the coaching staff produced.

Did URI get anything from pressing Fordham full court other than wear our players who were out there for 30+ minutes?

Cox was badly out coached.
You go from a 2 ncaa team to hire a coach with no head coaching experience

THINK BIG DO WE

CUT BAIT
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

UCH21377 wrote: 5 years ago Best I can tell these kids are simply not getting coached. Harris needs to understand what he can and cannot get away with. Nothing has changed since day 1. That's coaching. Not to mention the fact that Cox didn't even look at the kid when he got his fourth foul and came out of the game. He has serious potential, but it's debatable if this coach will help him improve. Not to mention that Martin has regressed, and is now playing with zero confidence. The lane violation at the end is totally inexcusable. And there were plenty of other mistakes. Silverio continues to ride the bench in a lost season, even though he is one guy that maybe can make a shot. Yes he has trouble defending, and his ball handling is far from stellar, but he seems to have potential that is being discarded.

The team plays with no passion. Zero. The players move at 3/4 speed, and I'm being nice. The passes are lackadaisical. The cuts to the basket are at half speed. The picks are half-hearted. They play with little or no discipline. The defense breaks down routinely. That #1 on Fordham dominated us. Honor played with more passion than any of our guys, and he's no taller than Fatts.

If I'm Jeff Dowtin, why would I hang around for another year of this? Is this coach helping him improve? Absolutely not. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he moved on. Fatts has taken the brunt of the blame for this season so far. He played pretty well today, except at the end. I couldn't blame him if he left either. Thompson actually played pretty well today.

To me what we have is a lack of leadership in the program. Something needs to change; right away, this year. GBG could very well be absolutely correct in his assessment of the coaching change. I was in the 90% but I now think I was wrong.
As I’ve been saying

CUT BAIT
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Give someone an inch, they take a mile.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago
UCH21377 wrote: 5 years ago Best I can tell these kids are simply not getting coached. Harris needs to understand what he can and cannot get away with. Nothing has changed since day 1. That's coaching. Not to mention the fact that Cox didn't even look at the kid when he got his fourth foul and came out of the game. He has serious potential, but it's debatable if this coach will help him improve. Not to mention that Martin has regressed, and is now playing with zero confidence. The lane violation at the end is totally inexcusable. And there were plenty of other mistakes. Silverio continues to ride the bench in a lost season, even though he is one guy that maybe can make a shot. Yes he has trouble defending, and his ball handling is far from stellar, but he seems to have potential that is being discarded.

The team plays with no passion. Zero. The players move at 3/4 speed, and I'm being nice. The passes are lackadaisical. The cuts to the basket are at half speed. The picks are half-hearted. They play with little or no discipline. The defense breaks down routinely. That #1 on Fordham dominated us. Honor played with more passion than any of our guys, and he's no taller than Fatts.

If I'm Jeff Dowtin, why would I hang around for another year of this? Is this coach helping him improve? Absolutely not. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he moved on. Fatts has taken the brunt of the blame for this season so far. He played pretty well today, except at the end. I couldn't blame him if he left either. Thompson actually played pretty well today.

To me what we have is a lack of leadership in the program. Something needs to change; right away, this year. GBG could very well be absolutely correct in his assessment of the coaching change. I was in the 90% but I now think I was wrong.
As I’ve been saying

CUT BAIT
ECR you know that is not going to happen. We all believe that this should be an NCAAT team next year. Based on the display to date, I don't think they make the NIT. But Cox will have next year to prove himself, and another recruiting cycle. It better be better than the one coming in next year that's for sure.
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

It may not happen, but it should. Why waste a year?
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 5 years ago

How do you have 30 seconds left with a tie game and a time out, NOT TAKE THAT TIME OUT, allow your 2 guard who isn’t a very good PG and is THE WORST shooter in the country to run the offense, hold the ball, and attempt to hoist up a last second shot.

How do you not call a time out? HOW DOES YOUR BEST PLAYER AND POINT GUARD NOT TOUCH THE BALL??

The whole world knew exactly what would happen on that play - fatts will dribble it up the court for 30 seconds and take an ill advised shot an miss. He threw in a nice wrinkle to turn it over and nearly lose the game.

The nice part was he gave our head coach the opportunity to lose this game twice.

Hate to say it, but Dowtin did a WHOLE LOT of this today too. Dribbled dribbled dribbled, called for a screen, and jacked up a contested shot. I know the knee-jerk move is to get on Fatts, but I had zero issue with him today. He led the team in both scoring AND assists. Meanwhile Jeff was 1-for-9 from the field and had just two assists in 41 minutes.
I know...it’s almost like Jeff is better as a point guard and fatts would be better off the ball. If only someone...like a coach...would be able to see that.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

Langevine 44 minutes today. His sweet spot is 28-30 minutes.

When Langevine plays 13 or less minutes in a half:

13 - at SLU -1st half 25-25
13 - at Richmond - 2nd half 34-33
12 - at Davidson - 1st half 27-30
12 - vs VCU - 2nd half 50-40
11 - vs StB - 1st half 34-20
11 - at Richmond - 1st half 44-34
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Blue Man wrote: 5 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 5 years ago

I know...it’s almost like Jeff is better as a point guard and fatts would be better off the ball. If only someone...like a coach...would be able to see that.
Dowtin is 3 for his last 20 overall and 7 for his last 37 from three. If the solution is to have him shoot less and distribute more, I think that's a fair argument. But who should be taking those shots?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago Two years ago (2017) was one of my least favorite losses to Fordham. It was a 53-43 defeat at the Ryan Center. URI, a preseason NCAA pick, started a mostly veteran experienced lineup of Matthews, Iverson, Martin, Dowtin, and Terrell. It was the 9th loss and absolute low point of that season very much diminishing the odds at that time to make the tournament. Thankfully, the team turned it around after that game and won the next nine games, including an A-10 championship, before falling in the 2nd round of the NCAA to Oregon.

Rhody shot 30% from the field, 10% from three, and just 47% from the stripe in that game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =400918356
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I hate the way we play and that is all on coach

If we’re gonna lose at least play the game right

CUT BAIT

I’ve seen enough
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

cut bait...ok, we get it.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Guys I’m going to take responsibility for the last two losses. When I sit in the student section for the past two years URI is 11-0. I wasn’t at the past two games because I was snowboarding up in VT with the URI snowboard team, so if you want someone to blame might as well be me. Don’t worry I will be in attendance for the Davidson game in the student section , so let’s hope their winning ways come back. And also when I was watching the game I didn’t know If anyone else caught but the announcers said when Martin had the lane violation, the Fordham players had stepped in at the same time as Martin so they really shouldn’t have called it
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Urifan91 wrote: 5 years ago Some shots have to start falling in second half.... right?
If they make a highlight video of this season, this would be the title
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodygirl2 wrote: 5 years ago The way they just walked out from the halftime back onto the court was terrible. No energy, no enthusiam, all of them with their head down it is clear they don’t want to be here today.
Same as last week
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago cut bait...ok, we get it.

truth hurts

CUT BAIT !
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago
Urifan91 wrote: 5 years ago Some shots have to start falling in second half.... right?
If they make a highlight video of this season, this would be the title
Or maybe this-
PeterRamTime wrote: 5 years ago FUCKIGNEGEIEIWVD X
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I do not agree with the assessment that there was no effort or little effort; Ny and large they played aggressive and solid defense- how many times did Fordham have to throw one up at the end of the clock. On offense, their confidence is gone, they hesitate when they have an open shot, can't make a shot when you are hoping you don't miss

This is not difficult to figure out- does anyone think our players were much individual basketball talent than Fordham? Only one solution and Thorr better act quickly--
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodygirl2 wrote: 5 years ago The way they just walked out from the halftime back onto the court was terrible. No energy, no enthusiam, all of them with their head down it is clear they don’t want to be here today.
Same as last week
I don't think I've ever seen a team receive less joy from playing a game they supposedly love. An hour before the game, coming out of the locker room, during the game, on the bench, no interaction among players, etc., etc.,....Cyril makes mistakes and can't shoot free throws, but he plays his ass off. I have no problem with him. Jeff, I think, is exhausted. Everyone else doesn't seem to give a shit, including the coaches.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I AGREE 100% !
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago
Same as last week
I don't think I've ever seen a team receive less joy from playing a game they supposedly love. An hour before the game, coming out of the locker room, during the game, on the bench, no interaction among players, etc., etc.,....Cyril makes mistakes and can't shoot free throws, but he plays his ass off. I have no problem with him. Jeff, I think, is exhausted. Everyone else doesn't seem to give a shit, including the coaches.

Don’t like what I am seeing at all

Nice hire Thorr
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Same as last week
I didn't notice it last week, hat tip to whoever pointed it out, but I did this week. What were Mading and Walker doing sitting on the bench at halftime? Rebound for your teammates! You'd think guys that couldn't play would want any contact with the game they could get
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, if Preston was the problem, he wasn't on the bench today. It is deeper. This is a team wide problem. The culture created here the past few years is gone.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago So, if Preston was the problem, he wasn't on the bench today. It is deeper. This is a team wide problem. The culture created here the past few years is gone.

preston was on the bench today in black sweats.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
URI_05 wrote: 5 years ago I'm starting to think Cox shouldn't get another year.
A week ago I would have mocked anyone saying something so absurd. In fact, I think I did flatly dismiss a person saying something like this. As bad as we’d been at times this year, I always thought that we still had a chance to be really good next year if we could figure some stuff out over the summer. Right now, if we don’t win any more games this season (a distinct possibility, and another thing I’d have called absurd a week ago), I don’t see how anyone could have even the slightest bit of optimism that this group of players and coaches can turn it around. I don’t want to throw away another year. The theory behind hiring Cox was not about any individual player, but rather to try to continue the Hurley era and build on the success of one coach as we’ve failed to do repeatedly in our history. If we are going to have to eventually start from scratch after Hurley, I see no reason to wait until 2021 to do it.

I obviously have zero insight into what’s Thorr and Dooley and key boosters are thinking, but if it were up to me David Cox, his staff and his players would be coaching and playing for his job. Have to show some sign of life in order to get the opportunity to do better next year. It’s a shame. I really, really like David. I want him to succeed here. But this isn’t a charity.
Does a win over UMass or George Washington really move the needle? How about a Wednesday night win in Brooklyn? We're regressing and we're doing it fast. When we should be getting better. What freshman do you feel better about now than you did in November? Maybe Martin, but do you feel as good about him now as you did two weeks ago? Growth might not be linear, but it is apparent if it's happening. There is no apparent growth
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 5 years ago You flatly dismissed me actually.

If we get blasted by VCU and Davidson as I expect it’s time in my opinion for Thorr to ask the boosters for help.

Sad.
Nevermind the boosters, it would suck to lose the opportunity the NCAA money offers, but we can't go backwards to the pre-Hurley era
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 5 years ago We had good attendance. 6,258. Unfortunately given our performance all the hard work to build it up is going down the drain.
And a very small showing from students.
They really have done a remarkable job building up the academics at the school, those kids are clearly smarter than me
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fatts was pretty good today when he beat his guy off the dribble and made some nice assists

CL plays so damn hard but kills us at the line and with turnovers

Team plays with no passion and is not well coached

So disappointed in this team
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago So, if Preston was the problem, he wasn't on the bench today. It is deeper. This is a team wide problem. The culture created here the past few years is gone.

During the game? I didn't see him. I saw Walker and Mading.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
URI_05 wrote: 5 years ago I'm starting to think Cox shouldn't get another year.
A week ago I would have mocked anyone saying something so absurd. In fact, I think I did flatly dismiss a person saying something like this. As bad as we’d been at times this year, I always thought that we still had a chance to be really good next year if we could figure some stuff out over the summer. Right now, if we don’t win any more games this season (a distinct possibility, and another thing I’d have called absurd a week ago), I don’t see how anyone could have even the slightest bit of optimism that this group of players and coaches can turn it around. I don’t want to throw away another year. The theory behind hiring Cox was not about any individual player, but rather to try to continue the Hurley era and build on the success of one coach as we’ve failed to do repeatedly in our history. If we are going to have to eventually start from scratch after Hurley, I see no reason to wait until 2021 to do it.

I obviously have zero insight into what’s Thorr and Dooley and key boosters are thinking, but if it were up to me David Cox, his staff and his players would be coaching and playing for his job. Have to show some sign of life in order to get the opportunity to do better next year. It’s a shame. I really, really like David. I want him to succeed here. But this isn’t a charity.
Does a win over UMass or George Washington really move the needle? How about a Wednesday night win in Brooklyn? We're regressing and we're doing it fast. When we should be getting better. What freshman do you feel better about now than you did in November? Maybe Martin, but do you feel as good about him now as you did two weeks ago? Growth might not be linear, but it is apparent if it's happening. There is no apparent growth
It isn’t so much that those types of wins would redeem the season, but the alternative would be evidence that this team is so far gone that it is probably not fixable with this regime. All of those teams you mentioned are better than the Fordham team that they lost to today - at home, after a week off, after seemingly bottoming out last week, with their last best chance to show any kind of anything that they might not go down without a fight. And they threw up on themselves. A win against GW or UMass wouldn’t be much to hang your hat on, but with this game today any win the rest of the way would show at least some amount of caring on the part of the team.

I couldn’t have ever imagined anything happening this year that would make me question whether Cox should be the coach next year. But quitting on the season in the middle of February would probably do it. The whole first two months I kept saying “wait til mid-February to make any judgments,” fully expecting that our shooting would regress to the mean, that our young guys would settle in and be playing their best basketball, that our new coaching staff would have gotten acclimated and have a better read on their players and their team. I am fucking shocked and beyond disappointed that all of those things have seemingly gotten worse since December, when everyone was already pulling their hair out and I (somewhat foolishly, in retrospect) was pleading for patience.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago The freshman class has been a huge disappointment and that has been true from the opener against Bryant. Also, you can add Fordham to the Duquesne game as lost due to Langevine's ineptness at the FT line.
Your takeaway from today was Langevine was the problem? He's a flawed player, but I don't even want to imagine what this team would look like without him. Langevine didn't lose this game, he was the only reason we were even in it
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

yes...he was absolutely there for warmups prior to the start, he was out for the anthem and on the bench all the way through.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

The release from the team said that Preston would not be in attendance.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ace wrote: 5 years ago The release from the team said that Preston would not be in attendance.

well...the release was wrong. I was there. there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. everyone around me was surprised to see him as well. his tweet not only undermined the coach, but it also told the freshmen he should be playing and they shouldn't. can't imagine that is good for a harmonious locker room. perhaps there were mea culpas with the team.
Last edited by RhodyRam86 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

yes...he was absolutely there for warmups prior to the start, he was out for the anthem and on the bench all the way through.
Ryan was sitting towards the very end of the bench for the entire game next to Will and Jordan. Was in black sweats.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ace wrote: 5 years ago The release from the team said that Preston would not be in attendance.

well...the release was wrong. I was there. there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.
I’m not doubting you. I’m just wondering why the change.
Last edited by ace 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

...Because they all know it's just one game, so, ok, go ahead, but sit down thattaway and NO uni...?
...The coaches didn't know he was there, just like usual...?
...That's actually a seat you can buy...he just happened to buy that seat...?

OK, now someone else speculate!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ace wrote: 5 years ago

well...the release was wrong. I was there. there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.
I’m not doubting in you. I’m just wondering why the change.
I'm done wondering. This team and this coach are Dead Men Walking.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

The team stats over most games are equal or better in every category except anything shooting related (FTs, 3Ps, 2Ps)... I see mental mistakes because they are down, and one mistake early in a game sets them down a path for lowering their confidence even more. It compounds the problem.

The simply have zero confidence shooting. Plain. And. Simple.

They regain their confidence, they hit shots, everything changes. Or is it they hit their shots and they regain their confidence? In either case, if they start to hit shots they will be fine. I am confident this coach and roster are fine. Someone has to be fanatic and believe.

We can either be true fans and get behind the team, especially when they struggle or we are no help to them. We just make it tougher for them to feel good about or do we only try to pick them up when they are meeting our own expectations for how well they should play, how many wins they 'should' have, leave the court losing 10 pounds of sweat spent due to hustle or how ever else you want to quantify your disgust with them or the coach? Unless some of you are ready to start rooting for another team? *prays* some of you leave the fan base never to return. Please for the love of god I hope this happens. I would never want to be associated to the likes of some of you negative people.

I would have told any URI alum or student to F*ck off if they ever got on me, my teammates, or my coach for losing a game, or missing a shot, letting in a goal, or making a mental mistake, or not hustling. I will say it again. They play for each other and NOT you. They feel worse than you ever will for the situation they find themselves in. It is absolutely killing Fatts right now. This team doesn't have an in your face, floor leader. Maybe the TWolves, can rent out JT and let him get on the players? Jeff isn't that guy. Read that recent article with Kenny Green? Tommy Garrick knew when to slap his teammates and get them focused. This team, doesn't have that person right now. You think D Tate wouldn't if he were a senior right now? Name one Freshman that would? Ask yourself who on the roster is that type of guy or has the currency or tenure to act this way?

They hit shots and everything would be different and I can assure you they practice shooting. Or maybe another coach can have better practice drills with shooting to get them back on track?

Coach Cox, I am glad you are URI's basketball coach. And the same goes for every player. Thank you.

Dan
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Ryan was sitting towards the very end of the bench for the entire game next to Will and Jordan. Was in black sweats.
Here is the write up from the Projo on the situation confirming:

https://www.providencejournal.com/sport ... r-outburst
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Here is the write up from the Projo on the situation confirming:

https://www.providencejournal.com/sport ... r-outburst
I reached my projo article limit for the month and couldn’t get to it without subscribing. Did a workaround and used Safari instead of Chrome. Any Projo article I ever read is either something linked from here or Twitter as it is. Haha
Last edited by Taylor Swift 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »