The Transfer Carousel - 2018

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2018

Unread post by rambone 78 »

UConn fans will be disappointed then.

To win a national championship, Dan will have to bring in national championship talent, and soon.

Not happening anytime soon.

His coaching? Not close to national championship level, at least not right now.

He's going to have to build them step by step to get in the vicinity....and will their fans be patient enough? Good luck.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

A more pertinent question is what can Dave Cox do here?
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

79RhodyFan wrote:Read he is looking at Uconn and St John's among others. But Uconn doesn't have any scholarships left for 18-19. Leading scorer at Auburn last year. Rhode Island is close to home. Any chance? Anyone have any info?
Going to visit BC on Saturday if he doesn't commit to SJU on his visit there. He has played two years so it depends on whether he gets a waiver or not. Would love to see URI at least get a visit. He can really play.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

St. Louis has added 6-1 combo guard Tramaine Isabell, a grad transfer from Drexel who averaged 21 points/game last season. He's immediately eligible
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Seems like Travis Ford is building something at St Louis ??
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Nick Robinson leaves St Joe's. Martelli down to 9 scholarship players
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Iggy1979 wrote:Nick Robinson leaves St Joe's. Martelli down to 9 scholarship players
Ouch, that is a big loss for St. Joes. I thoght he looked like a good player and was going into his junior year. Really late in the process so cannot really replace him for this year.

Not a good off season for the A10. VCU top transfer blew out his achilles, Antempkoukas leaving Dayton, this situation with St Joes. These were all teams expected to step up this year. I still think Dayton will be better (the other players they lost were no biggies), St. Joes about the same, and VCU worse. And the players Richmond lost hurts as they would have a top four team if they did not lose 2 starters that transferred, Fore and Buxkingham.

The only team I see much better than last year is St. Louis who I think will be the class of the league. Rhody and St. Bonaventure will take a step back as will Davidson losing Aldredge. Davidson does have a very good back court coming back and a very good coach so should be OK. I know GM has every one back plus Reuter, the transfer from UVA, but they were 9 and 9 last year and won alot of close games. I do not expect a jump into the top four.

My top 6;

1. St Louis
2. Davidson
3. Rhode Island
4. Umass
5. St Joes
6. Dayton

Will see how it goes, but I do not see this big uptick in the A10. The conference really needs VCU and Dayton to get back to where they have been. I think St Louis and Rhody will stay towards the top of the league and that will go a long way to getting the A10 back to where it belongs if VCU and Dayton can get back to where they have been.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Third is reasonable
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RF1 wrote:
Seven footer Dickens transfers near home to Old Dominion. After a redshirt season at PC, ODU will seek a waiver allowing Dickens to play this season and not sit out a year as is custom for most transfers.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/ ... ed473.html
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

I don't get the waiver request
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Also everyone keeps saying he redshirted but he played 3 games.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Iggy1979 wrote:Also everyone keeps saying he redshirted but he played 3 games.
"Medical" redshirt
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

He will be claiming hardship waiver in that the friar coaching staff misled and defrauded him in red-shirting....I am making this strategy up to infuriate our posters here who come over from the dark side...
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Ramulous wrote:He will be claiming hardship waiver in that the friar coaching staff misled and defrauded him in red-shirting....I am making this strategy up to infuriate our posters here who come over from the dark side...
Feel free to give my black and white Friars logo a little Keaney Blue headband -- I'll always choose PC first, but I root for the state, unless the state interferes with PC's success.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

You're a better man than me Gunga Din.....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Iggy1979 wrote:Nick Robinson leaves St Joe's. Martelli down to 9 scholarship players
Doesn't matter -- including the zebras he has a full roster.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Iggy1979 wrote:Also everyone keeps saying he redshirted but he played 3 games.
"Medical" redshirt
Although he was never hurt