‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Nebraska)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Slim
Steve Chubin

Re: ‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Rhode Island Commit)

Unread post by Slim »

Powerhouse Landon. Lol

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Five players for Landon. Wow. Interesting that no one on other team scored more than 19 points when they scored 100 points.
Good to see you have moved on Slim.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Five players for Landon. Wow. Interesting that no one on other team scored more than 19 points when they scored 100 points.
Good to see you have moved on Slim.
Just updating since Landon was supposed to be so good. Lol. Don’t get mad at me I just posted the score.

I’m here now watching BCC vs TA. BCC down 33-14. Lol
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Who gives a shit?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Slim, you have 61 posts all time and 19 are negative on Elijah Wood. But you are just updating Landon games for us - sure.
How is Matt Balanc doing in practice for the powerhouse Quinnipiac?
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

But ramster said Rhody83 was baiting Slim. Slim clearly has an agenda...TP should consider the penalty box at this point.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I also missed anyone calling Landon a powerhouse. They lost their coach and 65% of their roster. Landon was always a small team but they could shoot the ball extremely well.
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago But ramster said Rhody83 was baiting Slim. Slim clearly has an agenda...TP should consider the penalty box at this point.

I just posted the score from Landon game today.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Slim wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago But ramster said Rhody83 was baiting Slim. Slim clearly has an agenda...TP should consider the penalty box at this point.

To subliminally discredit everything about Elijah Wood. We GET IT MAN!
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Slim, you have 61 posts all time and 19 are negative on Elijah Wood. But you are just updating Landon games for us - sure.
How is Matt Balanc doing in practice for the powerhouse Quinnipiac?

He’s doing great. Thanks for asking he’s healthy and ready to go.
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago

I just posted the score. Bcc lost tonight 72-41 to Takoma.

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Wood was just channeling his inner Fatts…...lol
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Then why didn’t you post or chime in when Wood scores 36 last week. You were pretty quiet then

No agenda you say, not trolling you say
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Almost all of Slim’s 64 post (up to 22 on Elijah) are on three recruits that he has prejudice.
Matt Balanc - prejudice for Matt. His post were clearly over the top
Yeezy - prejudice for Yeezy. Seem to have an unusual vested interest
Elijah - prejudice against.

He clearly has an agenda when he post.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

You did not just post a score... you posted a score and added commentary. Or does, 'Powerhouse Landon. Lol', fail to meet the criteria as making a comment?

The fact, that you failed to acknowledge said commentary says all I need to know about you and how you treat this forum.
Last edited by DanInAZ 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

Rhode Island Basketball: 100
Every other D1 team: 0
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 5 years ago

Then why didn’t you post or chime in when Wood scores 36 last week. You were pretty quiet then

I was at the games tonight as well. You guys can get upset at me if you like. It wa stated Landon was a good team. The numbers and scores were created by the players. I just posted them. If you guys want read more into its fine by me.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Blocked
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Off game for Elijah 4-19 and sounds like he went against a tough team
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

I was at the games tonight as well. You guys can get upset at me if you like. It wa stated Landon was a good team. The numbers and scores were created by the players. I just posted them. If you guys want read more into its fine by me.
Way to avoid the question. I don’t care that you were at last nights game. I asked why you didn’t say anything about Wood when he dropped 36 last week?

I’m not sure why ur still on this board. You should be booted or leave voluntarily. As TP mentioned you can have a different opinion, but you with Elijah is getting ridiculous
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

My point is whether or not you were at his game when he dropped 36 with the game winner, you didn’t post anything from that game after DC Rams and others listed the box score. His most recent game you post the box score and have ur LOL dumb comment and again just posting negative shit on this kids thread.

You can post anything you want, I’m not the KB police, but you lost credibility with me since any solid game Wood has you go quiet
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Way to avoid the question. I don’t care that you were at last nights game. I asked why you didn’t say anything about Wood when he dropped 36 last week?

I’m not sure why ur still on this board. You should be booted or leave voluntarily. As TP mentioned you can have a different opinion, but you with Elijah is getting ridiculous
I have every right to post here just like you do. I just posted the score. I went to enjoy some HS bball last night. There was lot talk about Landon n BCC so I posted those scores. It’s okay I’ll be the bad guy. Again, I didn’t disrespect or mention anybody. I just posted the score and you guys are upset. Lol.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

I have every right to post here just like you do. I just posted the score. I went to enjoy some HS bball last night. There was lot talk about Landon n BCC so I posted those scores. It’s okay I’ll be the bad guy. Again, I didn’t disrespect or mention anybody. I just posted the score and you guys are upset. Lol.
You did have a comment when u posted the score. A sarcastic powerhouse lol. No comment about the other game, zilch, zip, nothing

U do have every right to post want you wNt but ur opinion is completely biased against this kid and KBers are getting tired of ur same negative shit
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Slim is clearly baiting you guys and you're falling for it.

Just ignore it.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Just need TP or NRF to step in at this point. He’s a troll.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Slim wrote: 5 years ago Powerhouse Landon. Lol

imagine having so little of a life that you have to resort to trolling the recruits section of a URI message board... :roll:
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
Running Ram wrote: 5 years ago ramster stop trying to justify your responses and understand what is going on in this thread please! slim is a non-fan, 83 is a fan, you're backing slim. Cut the shit!
Relax
The guy is being celebrated from his performance against a team with 4 players 6’ tall and below
I’d like to see him play AAU ball this summer but he is not playing.
Not sure what justifying responses means.
DeMatha’s Summer League is as good or better than AAU ball.
Just looking at the rosters of the Capital Summer League and comparing to Nike EYBL it’s not close. EYBL is loaded with Top 100 ESPN players. The Top 24 EYBL teams will qualify for the Peach Jam in July where most all D1 Head Coaches and also Assistants will gather.
UA and Adidas AAU you could make a better case for bring at s par with the Capital Summer League teams, possibly, especially for the lower performing, poorer record UA and Adidas teams.
In this high level of EYBL competition it’s a fairer comparison of players because the highest skill level players are going against one another twice per day. This is why the Peach Jam is crawling with Head Coaches every July.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Your Mods are TP, ATP and SG(reenwell). PM them.

It's not enough sometimes to block/ignore a troll from your own account because one misses the antecedent to follow up commentary and the threads become non-sequential, hardly readable. Not in favor of censorship, but this is a membership forum and slim is trolling. Pretty much everyone else besides ramster is excited about this commit, but you wouldn't know it to read the thread. Please put slim on a timeout.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Relax
The guy is being celebrated from his performance against a team with 4 players 6’ tall and below
I’d like to see him play AAU ball this summer but he is not playing.
Not sure what justifying responses means.
DeMatha’s Summer League is as good or better than AAU ball.
Just looking at the rosters of the Capital Summer League and comparing to Nike EYBL it’s not close. EYBL is loaded with Top 100 ESPN players. The Top 24 EYBL teams will qualify for the Peach Jam in July where most all D1 Head Coaches and also Assistants will gather.
UA and Adidas AAU you could make a better case for bring at s par with the Capital Summer League teams, possibly, especially for the lower performing, poorer record UA and Adidas teams.
In this high level of EYBL competition it’s a fairer comparison of players because the highest skill level players are going against one another twice per day. This is why the Peach Jam is crawling with Head Coaches every July.
Yes you are correct. The Captial Summer League is solid, but nothing compared to AAU basketball. Good bit of the teams don't have D1 players or prospects, and lot kids don't show for games sometimes for different reasons. It's good summer league, but hard to compare to AAU basketball. There are some good players in the Summer League though.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 5 years ago
UCH21377 wrote: 5 years ago This is a strange thread. We have a four star, top 150 recruit, in a position of need, with 3 open schollies, and a lot of folks don't like it. What am I missing? Are we supposed to turn the kid down; tell him to go elsewhere? He's what #117? Lets say he's 20% overated; he's still in the top 150. We were screaming for recruits like this 2 coaches ago; doing all our recruiting in the spring, etc, and now we're knocking four stars that want to come here? I'm happy we're getting players early. I have no idea how good he is; we'll see when the time comes.
nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

So lets get this straight ramster, you take the opinion of slim, who has seen him live, and not David Cox, who has seen him live? Ok good look ram fan.
Go Rhody!!!
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Ramster, in 6 months?

He’s a ‘20. Or are you referring to his sr year in HS?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 5 years ago Ramster, in 6 months?

He’s a ‘20. Or are you referring to his sr year in HS?
My mistake, 18 months.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 5 years ago So lets get this straight ramster, you take the opinion of slim, who has seen him live, and not David Cox, who has seen him live? Ok good look ram fan.
nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Actually it does, you're choosing to place your trust in slim for his eyewitness accounts over Cox for his eye witness accounts. You've got your back up because you have yourself dug in with a singular belief that wood is over-rated. If he's over-rated by 50-100 spots we still have an extremely capable A10 player filling a need and an early 4* commitment, why isn't that enough for you to be the least bit excited? Why do you have to keep posting your justifications about your opinions? This is a high school junior we're talking about, so much still to build on and so much still unknown. We all know how you and slim feel about it, do you think it's feels good for a high school junior to read a thread full of doubts? The rest of us are either excited for this commitment or at least decent fans who will back their program, but the kid's thread is 75% the two of you doubting him and boasting your own take. Really it's just not cool ramster.
Go Rhody!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

nm
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I don’t think many coaching staffs use the ranking services in judging recruits. We know that Hurley and Cox create their own rankings and I would suspect most other HCs do as well.

So it doesn’t mean the Cox’s expectations for Wood are the same as EC and Terrell. I know I am not expecting that.
My expectation is that Wood is a rotational player. I don’t expect him to start as a Freshmen (the 18 month timeframe).
I expect him to be a key part of the rotation his Soph year. His Fr year he will have at least Fatts, Sheppard and Hammond ahead of him.

Ramster’s comment that Tertsea, Layssard, Omar and Mading “came in with high expectations” is not accurate.
Mading ranked #380
Omar not ranked at all
Layysard ranked #267
Tertsea ranked #287
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago How do you think Dan Hurley and the team and recruits felt about Jim Baron 2.0 thread when only 2 of us were saying to let the season play out?
Remember it was not just Slim, it was DC_Rams as well. He changed to trust Cox but still has his doubts.
From what you say nothing negative should ever be said about a current or future recruit.
The negatives were said by Slim and DC_Rams who are from the DC area and watch many games live BEFORE Wood chose Tulane. I guess that’s ok but after he changes his mind and comes here all are supposed to get on board and say they were wrong.
Sorry I just don’t get it

Sounds like when we sign a recruit that the mods should erase all negative statements 100%

Lock the thread

Censorship

All have the same opinion

Go after Slim and DC_Rams. I’ll comment here once I see the kid play live, which could be soon.
I have said positive about Long who committed in 2019, but I didn't like Marial Mading I said that too. I do like Leggett, Noel Brown who URI offered. Always liked Jeff and Jared Terell from there HS and AAU days too. It's not personal. Every kid won't be homerun and we see with the transfer rate being so high there are mistakes being made, and kids who were under recruited that blew up.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago I don’t think many coaching staffs use the ranking services in judging recruits. We know that Hurley and Cox create their own rankings and I would suspect most other HCs do as well.

So it doesn’t mean the Cox’s expectations for Wood are the same as EC and Terrell. I know I am not expecting that.
My expectation is that Wood is a rotational player. I don’t expect him to start as a Freshmen (the 18 month timeframe).
I expect him to be a key part of the rotation his Soph year. His Fr year he will have at least Fatts, Sheppard and Hammond ahead of him.

Ramster’s comment that Tertsea, Layssard, Omar and Mading “came in with high expectations” is not accurate.
Mading ranked #380
Omar not ranked at all
Layysard ranked #267
Tertsea ranked #287
nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

nm
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The most polarizing 4* recruit in the modern Keaney Blue era, by far. And it just continues. I honestly see credence on both sides, the fans who want to hope for the best and let's be honest signing an early 4* is good for the program from PR and perception perspective, regardless if he lives up to the ranking...but I also don't have a huge issue with someone that has seen them play saying they are overrated, repeatedly. If you shun those 'insider' type voices then what is the use of a message board..i am all for blocking out trolls, whose sole reason to be here is to show up when times are bad and be provocative (ie GBG), but Slim is moreso a Wood doubter than a troll and this thread is a logical home for a lot of his POV.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Let me clarify so you can stop using my name to bolster your argument ramster. Before I begin, I respect you and your opinion. We can have a civil debate here.

I saw Wood 7-10 times between his freshman and junior season. He never stood out to me. However, I am not a scout or talent evaluator. I can’t see potential ceilings. All I know, was in the past he never impressed me. However, the coaches I know have always been high on his potential considering his stature and abilities at 6’5. He’s not a bum. At all. The kid has talent, I just never with my eyes saw 4* gameplay. My sample size was small comparatively speaking when the kid plays over 100 games a year.

Cox on the other hand has way more connections in the DMV area than most coaches have, let alone Slim and I. Those guys feed Cox and staff info, and the coaches go put eyes on the player and make the decision from there. Therefore, I trust the professional opinion way more than I do my own or Slim’s for that matter.

I’ve been wrong before. Hell, I’m wrong all the time if you ask my wife.
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago The most polarizing 4* recruit in the modern Keaney Blue era, by far. And it just continues. I honestly see credence on both sides, the fans who want to hope for the best and let's be honest signing an early 4* is good for the program from PR and perception perspective, regardless if he lives up to the ranking...but I also don't have a huge issue with someone that has seen them play saying they are overrated, repeatedly. If you shun those 'insider' type voices then what is the use of a message board..i am all for blocking out trolls, whose sole reason to be here is to show up when times are bad and be provocative (ie GBG), but Slim is moreso a Wood doubter than a troll and this thread is a logical home for a lot of his POV.
Great post. Well said.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

nm
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Let me clarify so you can stop using my name to bolster your argument ramster. Before I begin, I respect you and your opinion. We can have a civil debate here.

I saw Wood 7-10 times between his freshman and junior season. He never stood out to me. However, I am not a scout or talent evaluator. I can’t see potential ceilings. All I know, was in the past he never impressed me. However, the coaches I know have always been high on his potential considering his stature and abilities at 6’5. He’s not a bum. At all. The kid has talent, I just never with my eyes saw 4* gameplay. My sample size was small comparatively speaking when the kid plays over 100 games a year.

Cox on the other hand has way more connections in the DMV area than most coaches have, let alone Slim and I. Those guys feed Cox and staff info, and the coaches go put eyes on the player and make the decision from there. Therefore, I trust the professional opinion way more than I do my own or Slim’s for that matter.

I’ve been wrong before. Hell, I’m wrong all the time if you ask my wife.
Few quick points. I don't know you and you don' know me, so lets stop with all the other stuff. Yes I trust my eyes and I know more about some kids on/off the court then most college coaches. I said Mading wasn't good enough either so not shocked he's gone. I see Woods similar in lot ways. They pass the eye test, but can't really play. Upside is cool, but Wood is suppose to be 4 star kid playing against mostly d3 kids night and night out, so you wouldn't expect him to struggle regularly. It's okay to disagree, and it's okay to trust Cox over me I have no problem with it.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

nm
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago Fact is Slim and DC were saying this before they thought URI was going to sign Wood. After he sighed with URI did the anger develop towards the doubters.
It’s ok if everyone does not agree
Nobody will know for sure for at least 18 months anyway

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Evelyn Beatrice Hall
I think what you say is true. None of us know if Wood will end up being a player with an upside of Dowtin or a floor of Layssard. I know many people said we just have to trust the staff because they are the experts which isn’t necessarily always true. We have had many misses like most teams including Layssard, Tertsea, Silverio, Aris and most likely Mading who will probably not accomplish much. Even great sports analysts like Chris DiSano said things like “Aris is very underrated and under the radar pick”. The point is I think we all hope Wood ends up being an All A-10 player, but to just say that he is going to be a star now that URI signed him is short sighted. No one was pushing for us to get him in the thread until it became apparent we would get him. I wanted URI to get him because he obviously has upside talent which hopefully will come out in the next couple of years.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramster, as far as ratings go, I'm pretty sure that Cyril was ranked lower than both Layssard and Tertsea. And I don't think Jeff or Fatts were ranked very high either. The A10 has had a hard time attracting top 100 type players recently, even compared to 4 or 5 years ago.. It's more about potential and development with guys we recruit now. If the league has a resurgence in the near future (and it looks promising), maybe we can get a top 100 type player again.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

VCU just signed a Top 100 player for 2019.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Slim, you may THINK you know more, but you don’t. That’s neither here nor there, just stop shittin on the KID. Keyword... KID!

You don’t have to be high on him or even think he has potential, but you’ve gone beyond overboard....let’s be adults about this now.

If we ressurect the Balanc thread and started to continuously shit on him, you’d be up in arms, like he was your own child.
Last edited by DC_Rams 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.