2/25 | Fordham | 2:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/25 | Fordham | 2:30PM (USA)

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Bassy had 16 points on 5-13 shooting, 2-4 from three, 4 assists and 3 steals. Ish had 14 points (less), on 5-13 shooting (same), 2-4 from three (same), 2 assists (less) and 2 steals (less). No, our best player didn't have his usual game, but the guy a lot of you dump on had a better game than our best player. Maybe, he's not a quality starting A10 PG, but you guys don't think he has a role as a backup here playing 10-15 minutes a game if he wants to stay?
I think Bassy can definitely play a back-up PG role on this team.
Let's remember we aren't going to have all 13 players on our roster as stars.
Yeah I expect Archie to look for an upgrade in the portal to start a PG.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Bassy had 16 points on 5-13 shooting, 2-4 from three, 4 assists and 3 steals. Ish had 14 points (less), on 5-13 shooting (same), 2-4 from three (same), 2 assists (less) and 2 steals (less). No, our best player didn't have his usual game, but the guy a lot of you dump on had a better game than our best player. Maybe, he's not a quality starting A10 PG, but you guys don't think he has a role as a backup here playing 10-15 minutes a game if he wants to stay?
And this is a kid whose dream was to play here. I think he'd accept that role.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
Not only that he will have a year's experience in Archie's system.
Regardless of who they get, Archie will make them earn the starting position.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago

I guess I have some difficulty reconciling your admiration for Miller, and your well stated trust in him as a coach...and the trashing of Bassy. Yes the kid has makes some cringeworthy mistakes, we all get that. Its sometimes hard to watch.

I have to think Archie sees something in him that perhaps some on this board do not. Admittedly, I have never coached basketball, but there has to be some reason why Bassy is the go to player for Miller. I know Bray is gone, but Miller was putting Bassy in at a lot of critical times when Bray was still on the team.

Bassy is a great kid with a ton of heart.

Bassy reminds me of Mike Powell. We all knew Mike wasn't a piece on a good A10 team, but he had to play many minutes because we didn't have anyone else to handle the ball.... Archie plays him because he plays under control, has a strong handle, typically makes the right pass, and works his ass off. These are all great traits to have. The problem is he is so limited on offense that teams can lay off him, pack the paint, and dare him to shoot. Ish had nowhere to go yesterday because they had a 7-foot center defending our point guard, and he wouldn't move past the elbow. It's similar to how teams defend Russell Westbrook.

Archie will upgrade the position, and eventually, we will have a guard that is a playmaker AND a scorer. We see guards like that all over the league. We will get one.. I think that person is Cam.

Now I think Bassy could stick around because he leads by example. He does everything right off the court and is a great teammate. And in some games, he can make an impact like yesterday. We can't rely on someone like him for 30+ minutes a game if we want to go anywhere in the conference.
This 100%

The Bassy hate I find puzzling. Like Mello 20 yrs back he was dominant in RIIL hoops but a borderline D1 prospect. He’s been forced into a role he shouldn’t be in and has played ok at times on a truly bad A10 team. To me his worth as a off the bench spark plug for 10/12 minutes a game is pretty indisputable. It’s not his fault Freeman and Ant ended up as fails.

Stop killing the kid is my take. He is not the problem here.
The size of the fight in Thomas escapes some fans. To heckle one of our most competitive players in the Ryan Center is messed up.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Am I seeing this right that the Loyola
game Wednesday isn’t on TV/streaming?
Where are you looking? Game is on CBSSN.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago
Where are you looking? Game is on CBSSN.
ESPN app and the official Rhody athletic app doesn’t have any TV listed.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

He had a fantastic second half. He had some crucial mistakes but we wouldn't have been in the game if it wasn't for him.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

We've got the 10-15 minute roles covered for next year. It's the 25-30 minute players we are missing, with one exception.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

UCH21377 wrote: 1 year ago
We've got the 10-15 minute roles covered for next year. It's the 25-30 minute players we are missing, with one exception.
Can I add a 36-40 minute player that has that high of an impact?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

UCH21377 wrote: 1 year ago
But that's what I'm saying. If Estevez is the guy, Bassy backs him up. If not, we bring in a PG transfer to start and Bassy backs HIM up. I think Estevez is a combo guard, so he could also see minutes at the 2 (if he's ready) with a transfer PG. Lots of minutes at guard available with Freeman and Carey gone.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

The same posters who wrote off Bassy this year wrote off Ish after last year. They don't see the heart of a champion.
NCAAs or Bust!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago We competed against a very good Fordham team (top 4 A10) in a tough small, packed arena.
We only had 8 players available (according to Ramster).

Once again, we were overmatched in the paint.
Not having a true center, rim protector, in the paint has really hurt us this season.
Hopefully Bilau, Foumena, and solid big from the portal will remedy that next season.

Malik averaged 19 pts/ 8 rebs in his last 2 games.

Bassy had his best game this season 16 pts/4 assists/3 steals.

Again most of us felt that this rebuild wasn't going to happen overnight.
I am currently still sticking to my original timeline.
Good points, Jersey. Excellent effort from our team, some individual players more than others, coach and staff today.

However, I disagree that FU is a very good team considering they currently have a NET of 138 (and they are tied for second in the A10 with a 138 NET - yikes! ).

Unless you mean that they are very good in comparison to most past Fordham teams and/or the current mediocrity or worse of most other teams in the conference. In that case, disregard my comment immediately above.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago The same posters who wrote off Bassy this year wrote off Ish after last year. They don't see the heart of a champion.
You couldn't be more wrong. If there is one thing everyone on here agrees about, it's Ish's work ethic and heart. Did he have a bad sophomore year? Yup. Did people talk about it? Of course. That doesn't change the fact that he's one of the kindest warm-hearted players I've ever met.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago What’s amazing to me , is how competitive we are even with missing starters. We’re not good, but I can’t remember a “bad” URI team having a chance to win so many games, no matter the opponent.
That line of thinking is a double edged sword and insidious trap ( and I am guilty of it myself ) because though we almost beat one of the 2nd place teams in the conference in their house, they are only the 138th ranked NET team and will neither sniff the NCAA or NIT barring a miracle run for the auto bid or a regular season collapse by VCU to gain an NIT bid ( assuming it is mathematically possible for them to win the regular season title ).

This isn’t a criticism of the line of thinking. It is just some added perspective.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Well...not until ESPN 8, the ocho becomes a reality?

Combined NET Loyola + Rhody = 524. FIVE. HUNDRED. (and then 24 more!)
That has to be close to some kind of record, doesn't it? Kinda screams obscurity...
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

When have we ever seen Samb make a polished back to the basket move on anyone tho? Samb maybe has a marginally higher floor than Tchikou but Alex’s ceiling is so far higher due to his length and athleticism advantages over Samb. Neither has shown the ball skills or footwork yet to be impactful bigs at this level.
In OOC play Samb looked much much better than he does now.

He had multiple good games then.

Obviously he’s regressed / doesn’t look great against better competition.
I do remember him having a couple of serviceable moments early season, albeit against low major comp. That said I never remember him showing a polished back to the basket game that you referenced. Without looking at stats I recall him picking up some garbage points here and there and knocking down an occasional elbow J. If he had any semblance of a polished back to the basket game he’d be playing.

We threw the ball into the post yesterday once- to Rory. He spun middle and kicked to Ish for an open 3. It was prob 1 of our only clean looks for Ish all game. Came off simple post entry action to a guy who isn’t even a real threat. But that alone created space for Ish to get open. It’s so hard to run offense when you can’t/don’t even attempt to throw the ball inside. That’s how we have had to play all of A10 without Bilau.
That was a nice pass by Rory. He put right where it needed to be so Ish could step into the shot and get it up cleanly before the D recovered. Good execution; good coaching (teaching aspect) on the pass.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago We competed against a very good Fordham team (top 4 A10) in a tough small, packed arena.

Not having a true center, rim protector, in the paint has really hurt us this season.
Hopefully Bilau, Foumena, and solid big from the portal will remedy that next season.

Good points, Jersey. Excellent effort from our team, some individual players more than others, coach and staff today.

However, I disagree that FU is a very good team considering they currently have a NET of 138 (and they are tied for second in the A10 with a 138 NET - yikes! ).

Unless you mean that they are very good in comparison to most past Fordham teams and/or the current mediocrity or worse of most other teams in the conference. In that case, disregard my comment immediately above.
Remember JD, Fordham beat a very good Tulane team on the road in New Orleans.
Tulane is in 2nd place in the AAC standings, they also finished 1st in football this past season.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Tulane is in 2nd place in the AAC standings, they also finished 1st in football this past season.
Tulane is NET 91. They are a fringe NIT team. They are a good team, but not very good.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

Tulane is NET 91. They are a fringe NIT team. They are a good team, but not very good.
Tulane at home is a tough out, regardless of the NET.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Tulane at home is a tough out, regardless of the NET.
91 would feel pretty good about now...
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

That has to be close to some kind of record, doesn't it? Kinda screams obscurity...
Says it's on CBS sports network.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

I thought the game was on ESPNPU.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

I thought the game was on ESPNPU.
Nope! Should be a good game though
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Mike Vaccaro on Fordham Recapturing the Spirit of 1971

A couple quotes from the article.....

Fifty-two years later, that same energy has returned to Rose Hill. For a quarter-century, Fordham had become an unwitting sales pitch for all of the other Atlantic 10 schools; if you’re a New York alum of Dayton or Massachusetts or Richmond or Davidson, no need to plan a road trip. Just look at the schedule and see when the Flyers or Minutemen or Spiders or Wildcats are playing Fordham.

Plenty of good seats available.

Not now. Not this season. Not thanks to a bright first-year coach named Keith Urgo and a couple of tough fifth-year seniors named Darius Quisenberry and Khalid Moore and a team that learned how to win in November and December and now has an absolute puncher’s chance of taking down the A-10 championship next month at Barclays Center.

“The other night we had 1,100 students,” Fordham athletic director Ed Kull said. “They were taking their shirts off. They painted their faces. They were chanting in unison, organized. I say this sincerely: the students have won two games for us. No exaggeration.”

“We are always quick to say that athletics helps the whole campus,” Kull says.

The other night, a last-second shot by a Fordham women’s player, Anna DeWolfe, led SportsCenter and was replayed on “Good Morning America.”

“How much are things like that worth?” Kull asks. “I think they’re worth a lot.”

The roars at Rose Hill don’t have to be an anomaly, something to be fondly remembered 52 years from now, the way the 1970-71 Rams are. Those roars really can be an every-year thing. If you happen to love basketball New York, it is the only way to root.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/24/this-ford ... t-of-1971/
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Mike Vaccaro on Fordham Recapturing the Spirit of 1971

Fifty-two years later, that same energy has returned to Rose Hill. For a quarter-century, Fordham had become an unwitting sales pitch for all of the other Atlantic 10 schools; if you’re a New York alum of Dayton or Massachusetts or Richmond or Davidson, no need to plan a road trip. Just look at the schedule and see when the Flyers or Minutemen or Spiders or Wildcats are playing Fordham.

Not now. Not this season. Not thanks to a bright first-year coach named Keith Urgo and a couple of tough fifth-year seniors named Darius Quisenberry and Khalid Moore and a team that learned how to win in November and December and now has an absolute puncher’s chance of taking down the A-10 championship next month at Barclays Center.

“The other night we had 1,100 students,” Fordham athletic director Ed Kull said. “They were taking their shirts off. They painted their faces. They were chanting in unison, organized. I say this sincerely: the students have won two games for us. No exaggeration.”

The other night, a last-second shot by a Fordham women’s player, Anna DeWolfe, led SportsCenter and was replayed on “Good Morning America.”

“How much are things like that worth?” Kull asks. “I think they’re worth a lot.”

The roars at Rose Hill don’t have to be an anomaly, something to be fondly remembered 52 years from now, the way the 1970-71 Rams are. Those roars really can be an every-year thing. If you happen to love basketball New York, it is the only way to root.

Funny thing is unless they win the A10 Tournament, their season is over. Not much to be joyous about is there? But I forget how absolutely abysmal they have been forever. So rejoice in your '71 team, kay?
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Mike Vaccaro on Fordham Recapturing the Spirit of 1971

Nice words from the AD.

It will be interesting to see what Kull does - if anything - at the end of the season to keep the coach (If he’s by a better job) and/or pump money into the program for more resources.

I have my doubts based on history.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Funny thing is unless they win the A10 Tournament, their season is over. Not much to be joyous about is there? But I forget how absolutely abysmal they have been forever. So rejoice in your '71 team, kay?
It is funny, but to me, it is even more scarier for a program to rejoice over a season producing a 138 Net - especially IF, and I repeat, IF that is all they strive for. Second place is nice and all but it does very little to boost the conference when one of your top teams can’t even make the NIT, most likely.

Sure, it’s a nice story but is it even a step in the right direction? I have my doubts but will wait and see if they decide to build on the momentum.

The conference can’t afford to wait around indefinitely with all the changes in college bb for Fordham to pump up their basketball program to avoid being a liability to the other programs that are striving for NCAAT bids and NCAAT credits for all the conference members to share.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

You don't think they'd make the NIT? I'm not sure just asking...
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

There's no way a 25 win Fordham squad does not make the nit.....
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Look at what RF1 posted in the Rhody/FU betting line thread before wondering if they can gain an NIT at large bid without winning the regular season title.

Keep in mind their current NET rating is 138.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago There's no way a 25 win Fordham squad does not make the nit.....

Of corse they should get in, great Metro NY story, the NIT doesn’t matter, so let’s go with feel good for them story. Maybe make it all the way to MSG! Opps, not anyone more.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 1 year ago

You don't think they'd make the NIT? I'm not sure just asking...
With a NET of 138? I don't think so.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah I’m fine with Bassy getting 10 minutes off bench as a backup point guard , anything more than that is a concern
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I still can't believe Fordham named its court for smarmy Frank McLaughlin.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Not that I understand any of this but
Vermont has a better NET 120 and a record of 19-10 compared to Fordham with a NET138 and a record of 23-6
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

It would definitely benefit the A10 to have a metro NYC college vie for greatness. I lived there during Carnesecca's heyday and St. Johns was always in the News and the Post. New York is a hoops haven dying for good basketball.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

It was the right move by the conference; It just picked the wrong bb program. And, as a result, unfortunately for the A10 so far, it got the exact opposite. Oooph.

In retrospect, it probably would have been more advantageous for the conf if it selected or recruited Iona or Hofstra. Either one would probably have taken advantage of the opportunity rather than squander it like Fordham.

Wake up, Fordham. This season is your wake up call from the Hotel A10 front desk.

Wake the f’ up!

Or, please kindly check out. We need the room for another guest.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Thought Archie coached a solid game. The team played well in a pretty hostile environment.
Looking forward to the A10 Tournament.
While they have lost 7 straight I think they have the potential to surprise in The A10 Tournament.
A surprise would be they win the first game. This team is not good or capable or winning several games in a row even against weak competition in the A-10. The most exciting part of the season will be when they are looking for reinforcements for this group.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Now less than ten days left in this season of suck.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Thought Archie coached a solid game. The team played well in a pretty hostile environment.
While they have lost 7 straight I think they have the potential to surprise in The A10 Tournament.
A surprise would be they win the first game. This team is not good or capable or winning several games in a row even against weak competition in the A-10. The most exciting part of the season will be when they are looking for reinforcements for this group.
Yes it would be a surprise. But it's getting old now in the 5th season since Dan Hurley to be anything but optimistic.
3 weeks ago we won 2 games and there was excitement about being a potential Top 4 Finish and Double Bye. Things can change fast.
The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Not a team in the A10 we can't beat as we have proven with the Dayton and buzzer beating loss to VCU. We go into the A10 with the lowest of expectations. I like playing early, get a first round win on Tuesday, 2nd round win Wednesday then look out Thursday 😊 😊

Looking for reinforcements most would say was an exciting time last year, yet this years team is worse than last years team. Nobody predicted last years reinforcements or this years team would be this bad.
But all the speculation will be positive about all the new recruits/transfers. They will be pumped up as always.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Yes it would be a surprise. But it's getting old now in the 5th season since Dan Hurley to be anything but optimistic.
3 weeks ago we won 2 games and there was excitement about being a potential Top 4 Finish and Double Bye. Things can change fast.
The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Not a team in the A10 we can't beat as we have proven with the Dayton and buzzer beating loss to VCU. We go into the A10 with the lowest of expectations. I like playing early, get a first round win on Tuesday, 2nd round win Wednesday then look out Thursday 😊 😊

Looking for reinforcements most would say was an exciting time last year, yet this years team is worse than last years team. Nobody predicted last years reinforcements or this years team would be this bad.
But all the speculation will be positive about all the new recruits/transfers. They will be pumped up as always.
I agree that all the players that are brought in will be hyped up and people will talk about how good we are without seeing the players ever actually play, but it does add excitement to try and get talented players that can actually help us reach the goal of the tourney. The team is very tough to watch right now and besides front court players we just have to have shooters. They will never win without shooters in todays college basketball
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Is it better to do the opposite and wallow in hopelessness?

I will continue to speculate on incoming players with a hedge towards hopefulness versus not until proven otherwise on the court after a valid sample of games. Even more so when I consider Archie’s historic track record.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

I would expect and hope that Fordham gets an NIT bid. That is a huge accomplishment and building block for that program. They'd be extremely excited to play in the postseason. Put a New York team on TV with a gym that's filled...that's ideal for the NIT. (Nobody wants to see UGA playing in 10,000 seat arena with 907 folks in attendance.)
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago I would expect and hope that Fordham gets an NIT bid. That is a huge accomplishment and building block for that program. They'd be extremely excited to play in the postseason. Put a New York team on TV with a gym that's filled...that's ideal for the NIT. (Nobody wants to see UGA playing in 10,000 seat arena with 907 folks in attendance.)
Not going to happen. Pretty sure a few years ago the NIT put in a more rigid formula for filling out the field vs the more qualitative approach they took before. All based on metrics so a feel good story isn't going to help FU overcome literally the worst OOC schedule in America.
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago Just looked at the box score and Frenchie only played 16 min and Samb saw no action.

Was that simply Archie’s decision or are there injuries?
Samb was not dressed to play today. He was in sweats. Not sure if injured or not but he was not going in.

When Tchikou missed 2 point blank shots in a row having rebounded his own 1st miss I was thinking why don't you just grab the ball and dunk it - he is 6'11". Then I looked at Archie and I could swear Archie was thinking the same thing as Archie made eye contact with Tchikou who was now coming back up the court in the direction of the Rhody bench. Tchikou looked at Archie and kind of shrugged and smiled. Tchikou needs to get tougher and meaner. It's not just about getting in the weight room.
Ramster, I' m in agreement with you a lot lately. I not sure that Tchikou will ever be a good inside player. I believe that if we had a mid to upper mid talent A10 center on this team, we could have won 8 to 10 more games this year. And I am not convinced that Bilau is in that range. Now, 8-10 more wins still doesn't make us a good team, but it sure would make a lot of us feel a much better.
And I also think that Bassy starts at the point next season. Let's not dismiss the improvements he has made to his game. He needs to focus on making more of those runners in the lane. But a decent big man to dish it to would make him look a lot better. IMO it would take a very good rookie or an experienced transfer PG, to take his starting role away.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Me thinks we just have to do much better than Bassey as our starting PG. Love the story etc etc.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago I would expect and hope that Fordham gets an NIT bid. That is a huge accomplishment and building block for that program. They'd be extremely excited to play in the postseason. Put a New York team on TV with a gym that's filled...that's ideal for the NIT. (Nobody wants to see UGA playing in 10,000 seat arena with 907 folks in attendance.)
Unfortunately, their metrics, at this point in time, do not make the cut nor justify a selection over a more deserving team. No one to blame but themselves for that. The games that mattered were there for the winning, they didn’t do it. Still a nice story of a season, though, considering where they have been historically.

I don’t know if they can mathematically catch VCU or not for a tie of the regular season title as I haven’t checked. What you propose is akin to having VCU be charitable and let FU catch them so maybe they can get the NIT auto bid as co-regular season champ’s. I don’t see that happening either. Further, the NIT semifinals and finals are not even in NY any longer. This year, at least, they are being hosted by New Orleans so, that aspect isn’t even available to draw attendance or eyes to a program that is essentially irrelevant outside the A10 sphere of interest.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yep, just hope we don't hear all about how, "We really have 9 guys that could start".... because that's like saying you have 2 starting QBs.... really means you don't have "any"
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Is it better to do the opposite and wallow in hopelessness?

I will continue to speculate on incoming players with a hedge towards hopefulness versus not until proven otherwise on the court after a valid sample of games. Even more so when I consider Archie’s historic track record.
This year....you didn't need games....the scrimmage was plenty telling
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not going to happen. Pretty sure a few years ago the NIT put in a more rigid formula for filling out the field vs the more qualitative approach they took before. All based on metrics so a feel good story isn't going to help FU overcome literally the worst OOC schedule in America.
If that was Rhody with the same sched and potentially looking at 25-6 and no bid....there would be bloody murder screams here :lol: