David Cox Line Up Changes and Overall Coaching 2020

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: David Cox Line Up Changes and Overall Coaching 2020

Post by reef »

Carey didn’t play after he tweaked his ankle not sure if he could have gone back in or if Cox didn’t play him ??
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Post by rhodylaw »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Carey didn’t play after he tweaked his ankle not sure if he could have gone back in or if Cox didn’t play him ??
Either way it was a good reason to sit him. I am not down on him long term like some others here, but I am viewing him like a freshmen even though he is 2 years out of HS. Syracuse system does not develop great habits and is more or less a super talented high school system. He needs time to adjust to playing man D and work on his outside shot. He will be very good next year and beyond if puts in the work. I am less optimistic on Harris but I can’t really tell because he is always injured. I think if he dropped a level (to CAA) he could be really good for that team, I don’t see him getting to big minutes on a top 25 team which is where I want to be next year (and I think we will be close, particularly if Shep comes back).
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago
reef wrote: 3 years ago Carey didn’t play after he tweaked his ankle not sure if he could have gone back in or if Cox didn’t play him ??
Either way it was a good reason to sit him. I am not down on him long term like some others here, but I am viewing him like a freshmen even though he is 2 years out of HS. Syracuse system does not develop great habits and is more or less a super talented high school system. He needs time to adjust to playing man D and work on his outside shot. He will be very good next year and beyond if puts in the work. I am less optimistic on Harris but I can’t really tell because he is always injured. I think if he dropped a level (to CAA) he could be really good for that team, I don’t see him getting to big minutes on a top 25 team which is where I want to be next year (and I think we will be close, particularly if Shep comes back).
Yes I tend to agree with you on both Carey and JH. Hopefully Carey will play out of his funk and be a contributor in the near future. He is a tough kid who takes the ball strong to the rim and has a good pull up mid range jumper. He just gets sloppy and makes some bad decisions, but we all know the talent is there.
I don't get it with JH, maybe he has been hampered by lingering injuries but sometimes shows lack of focus and not sure about his basketball IQ and instincts on the floor.
With AB maybe it will take him more time to settle in with the team, but we should of seen some improvement by now.
Against Dayton, Cox will either stick with AB or move back with Martin to match up with their bigger guards Watson (6'5") and Weaver (6'6").

Just another thought , can you ever see Cox starting DJ at the wing , at least in the short term?
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

I am not high on either Carey or JH they both are on the bottom end of the rotation

I thought I saw some improvement in JH early in the season now he looks like a guy who can give 12 minutes a night and hope for the best
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Post by PeterRamTime »

reef wrote: 3 years ago I am not high on either Carey or JH they both are on the bottom end of the rotation

I thought I saw some improvement in JH early in the season now he looks like a guy who can give 12 minutes a night and hope for the best
Carey and JH looking about equally hopeless.

Although JH hasn't been that disastrous this year. More so ineffective, but Carey has really cost us. You don't see top 40 guards struggle like that. It is truly odd.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Post by PeterRamTime »

Trying not to be biased, but I think Jeremy Sheppard has the sexiest looking shot ive ever seen in basketball.
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Post by LIRAM »

His perimeter defense isn't as good as AB/Malik but how about playing DJ at the 3 against certain teams. Would like to see Walker on the court more than 22 minutes each night. DJ gets about 17. It might light a fire under AB. He is not being pushed by Malik currently because his play is so poor. DJ makes some mistakes due to inexperience but he works his ass off. With DJ, Walker and Mitchell on the court at the same time you have three guys who contest shots at the rim. Just a thought.
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

I like having DJ out there for about 20 minutes a night he is athletic blocks shots and hits the 3
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

LIRAM wrote: 3 years ago His perimeter defense isn't as good as AB/Malik but how about playing DJ at the 3 against certain teams. Would like to see Walker on the court more than 22 minutes each night. DJ gets about 17. It might light a fire under AB. He is not being pushed by Malik currently because his play is so poor. DJ makes some mistakes due to inexperience but he works his ass off. With DJ, Walker and Mitchell on the court at the same time you have three guys who contest shots at the rim. Just a thought.
I also mentioned that in my earlier post about experimenting with DJ, Walker, and Mitchell playing together or possibly starting.
I really like the scoring options and length these 3 give you, plus I like DJ's effort out there and is deserving of more playing time.
Roz
ARD

Post by Roz »

In addition to what has been said I really Martin’s defense. He is pesky, kind of a glue guy that makes some big rebounds, blocks...etc. He has given up the ball with turnovers, but always hussles back and his effort often pays off.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Post by Blue Man »

It is irresponsible to play an injured Fatts Russell.

It hurts him. It hurts his future. It hurts the team.

Be an adult and let this kid get healthy before you throw him out there.

Ish was the best player for URI tonight. Shepp was the best scorer. Ish barely had the ball as PG when he was on the floor. Shepp had ZERO plays called for him in the 2nd half.

Once you replaced Ish with Fatts we were outscored by NINETEEN points over the last 24 mins.

This was the worst coaching performance to date. Not inspiring hope of figuring it out.

It’s Richmond or bust now - rest Fatts and let him get healthy for a March run.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Post by rambone 78 »

You wonder if the players are as confused with Cox's moves as we are.

Makes very little sense....but DC keeps doing it!

And we complained about Baron!

It's happening again!

Baron had 11 years to figure things out.

We know how that turned out.

How long does Cox have?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Post by section(105) »

.......I am starting to think some of the players are beginning to think, WTF is going on here......hot hands, contributing players, etc do not seem to be given the opportunity to continue as such......we sure still trying to make to many players happy with some minutes.......but the happy endings are mid pack team......looking at the sked ahead, could see more losses than wins......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Post by rambone 78 »

105, it doesn't even matter anymore imo.

Even good recruiting news...what does it mean if the coach can't coach them?

We aren't getting any younger...who knows when things will change?

Not with this staff I'm afraid.

We've got some good players, unfortunately their talents might go to waste.

If we have to start over, how long before it happens?
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Post by Dino611 »

At least Cox has thought of resting Fatts until
March
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Post by rambone 78 »

"Shots didn't fall" FOUR points the first 10 minutes of the 2nd Half.

Captain Obvious.

Like that's the only problem.

Anybody want to start a poll grading Cox?

I think I gave him a C+ after last season.

Not even close to that now.
Last edited by rambone 78 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago "Shots didn't fall"

Captain Obvious.

As last year I’ll post the poll at the end of this season

Below last year Poll. My rating was C
BE809193-C4B5-427A-8218-CFB71AE323DD.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Post by Rhodyhooopz »

How do you lose your team?? When team is rolling and playing well take out someone and replace with injured player. Watch lead disappear.

I have tried to stay quiet this year because some people didn’t like when I went after the coach and said something didn’t seem right with all the transfers but this team should be better than they are.

I am starting to wonder whatever deal Cox made with Fatt’s to stay has really hurt this team. I wonder if
Some of the transfers were because the players saw what was coming with Fatts this year and said let me get out now.

This feels like CFL all over again and I can’t take that again.

Why can’t we get nice things!!
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Post by section(105) »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago How do you lose your team?? When team is rolling and playing well take out someone and replace with injured player. Watch lead disappear.

I have tried to stay quiet this year because some people didn’t like when I went after the coach and said something didn’t seem right with all the transfers but this team should be better than they are.

I am starting to wonder whatever deal Cox made with Fatt’s to stay has really hurt this team. I wonder if
Some of the transfers were because the players saw what was coming with Fatts this year and said let me get out now.

........yepper, this......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago "Shots didn't fall" FOUR points the first 10 minutes of the 2nd Half.

Captain Obvious.

Shots didn’t fall...

Add a mustache and an accent and I SWEAR I’ve heard that press conference before...
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Post by ace »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago How do you lose your team?? When team is rolling and playing well take out someone and replace with injured player. Watch lead disappear.

Players have left every year. I don’t see it as a Fatts problem. I hate how this season has unfolded. Fatts hasn’t been good, but I also don’t think he’s been coached and handled particularly well, either.
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Post by Rhody22 »

I think players left because they knew what they had in Cox and knew their development would have been slowed with him.
Last edited by Rhody22 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Post by rambone 78 »

Rhody22 wrote: 3 years ago I think players left because they knew what they in Cox and knew their development would have been slowed with him.
That had to be a factor.

Tyrese and Jacob sure seem to be improving.

We'll see what happens here after the season.

If Leggett leaves, Cox has to go with him.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Post by bigappleram »

ace wrote: 3 years ago

Players have left every year. I don’t see it as a Fatts problem. I hate how this season has unfolded. Fatts hasn’t been good, but I also don’t think he’s been coached and handled particularly well, either.
There’s a saying that good players wants to be coached hard. I agree that DC has not coached Fatts well over these 3 years.

My thoughts on DC... he was a great ying to Dan’s yang. Dan was fiery and emotional while Dave was calm and more mild mannered. Once DC moved over a chair i think he felt he needed to change his persona and is still searching for the type of personality he needs to be as the HC. In games he wears a scowl on his face, I can’t remember a time when he patted a guy on the butt who came out of the game or had a more stern talking to a guy. I can’t remember seeing him get happy and excited for his guys after a big play or be a cheerleader as the team comes back to a huddle after going on a run. Seems to me he is still searching for his own identity as a head coach. And as a team we are definitely still searching for ours.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

Rhody22 wrote: 3 years ago I think players left because they knew what they in Cox and knew their development would have been slowed with him.
I don't think the players left just because of Cox:
Martin and Toppin transferred to blue blood programs and better conferences for more recognition and a quicker path to the next level.
Tate left because of his suspension.
The others transferred for the opportunity of more playing time at a less profile program.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Post by Rhodyram »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago
That had to be a factor.

I 100% believe that Toppin left because his game had a better shot at developing outside of this program. He even has gotten more playing time than I think even he expected at KY.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Rhodymob05 »

Unfortunately even with this talent, this year is a rebuild. It shouldn’t be, but it is. If next season is bad, then we could be on track back to the dark ages, and that doesn’t make me feel good. Cox had a lot to do with it I’m afraid.
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhodyram wrote: 3 years ago
That had to be a factor.

I 100% believe that Toppin left because his game had a better shot at developing outside of this program. He even has gotten more playing time than I think even he expected at KY.
With the current um, "rotation" here...he's probably getting more PT at Kentucky than he would have here?
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Post by NC_Ram »

"shots didn't fall" =

"Ya gotta put da ball in da basket"
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Post by section(105) »

.......maybe, and after one of his(Jacob)monster above the rim moves, we would call time out......?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

That had to be a factor.

Player's performance usually improves as they get more experience and mature anyway, that is expected.
Both Martin's and Toppin's pts/rebs per game are very similar to last year, but total stats should continue to get better.
Of course at this point we can't compare Cox as a coach to DH or JC, that is ridiculous they are much more seasoned and will get the most out of their players.

Do you actually think we can get someone of that caliber with our current program funding?
If we get a young up and comer it will take another 4-5 years to completely rebuild, same goes for whoever we bring in. I am not ready to go through that again without giving this staff some more time to show results.
Many of the players Cox brought in was because of their relationship, get rid of him now or next year and they will be gone.
Remember the NCAA usually grants immediate waivers for transfers upon coaching changes, even with the new rule in effect.
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Post by Rhody22 »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
I don't think the players left just because of Cox:
Martin and Toppin transferred to blue blood programs and better conferences for more recognition and a quicker path to the next level.
Tate left because of his suspension.
The others transferred for the opportunity of more playing time at a less profile program.
I don’t think Cox was the only reason they left, but definitely think it played a strong part in their decision. Going to a blue blood just made it easier to tell DC.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

That had to be a factor.

Player's performance usually improves as they get more experience and mature anyway, that is expected.
Both Martin's and Toppin's pts/rebs per game are very similar to last year, but total stats should continue to get better.
Of course at this point we can't compare Cox as a coach to DH or JC, that is ridiculous they are much more seasoned and will get the most out of their players.

Do you actually think we can get someone of that caliber with our current program funding?
If we get a young up and comer it will take another 4-5 years to completely rebuild, same goes for whoever we bring in. I am not ready to go through that again without giving this staff some more time to show results.
Many of the players Cox brought in was because of their relationship, get rid of him now or next year and they will be gone.
Remember the NCAA usually grants immediate waivers for transfers upon coaching changes, even with the new rule in effect.
I would also like to add; that you think we should fire a coach and lose an entire staff based on the decision of an 18 year old kid.
Ish is a descent and steady player as a freshman but he is certainly not a blue chipper, 5*, program changer.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Post by ram1980 »

I would also like to add; that you think we should fire a coach and lose an entire staff based on the decision of an 18 year old kid.
Ish is a descent and steady player as a freshman but he is certainly not a blue chipper, 5*, program changer.
[/quote]

I agree 100%.. I love Ish's game. He hustles all the time and seems to have a high🏀 iq. Let's face it though. He played 21 minutes yesterday and scored 4 points. He is not yet that elite player that can take over a game like we all hope he will be. Definitely think him and the Mitchells are excellent building blocks for this team and it is essential they stay. Next year is key for Cox
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Post by NC_Ram »

Tyrese and Jacob definitely look better in their new settings!

If the argument is made that players are expected to be better with experience and maturity, then how do you explain Fatts??

I think he has really suffered from the coaching (or lack thereof). Sad ...
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Post by Billyboy78 »

NC_Ram wrote: 3 years ago Tyrese and Jacob definitely look better in their new settings!

If the argument is made that players are expected to be better with experience and maturity, then how do you explain Fatts??

Or Harris.
URI_05
ARD

Post by URI_05 »

That had to be a factor.

This my friends is how we end up in a Baron CFL situation. You take a swing at an up and comer and if they don't show improvement YoY, you move on.

Cox probably gets a pass for this year, but at this point I really think we're just postponing the inevitable another year. The lack of improvement throughout the season and year over year is telling. Can't use "a whole new roster" as an excuse when your last roster was filled with players you recruited who then left.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Post by rhodylaw »

URI_05 wrote: 3 years ago

That had to be a factor.

This my friends is how we end up in a Baron CFL situation. You take a swing at an up and comer and if they don't show improvement YoY, you move on.

Cox probably gets a pass for this year, but at this point I really think we're just postponing the inevitable another year. The lack of improvement throughout the season and year over year is telling. Can't use "a whole new roster" as an excuse when your last roster was filled with players you recruited who then left.
Ok - he does not get a “pass” for this year. It counts. However, the real measure in my mind is do we make the tourney next year. That is 1 in 4. That is the baseline for our program. He would then get time to build from there. Also, if we make the tourney next year there is a huge likelyhood we make it the year after in the third year of the Mitchells, DJ, Ish, AB, Malik and Carey.

I hate saying the team sucks after losing a road game to Dayton. They definitely don’t suck. They are not elite but they are above average, top third A10 team that has a lot of work to do to get to the top of the conference. Unlike some teams, that work is not really about improving talent it is about improving execution. The athleticism, shooting and skill is there.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Post by Billyboy78 »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago

Ok - he does not get a “pass” for this year. It counts. However, the real measure in my mind is do we make the tourney next year. That is 1 in 4. That is the baseline for our program. He would then get time to build from there. Also, if we make the tourney next year there is a huge likelyhood we make it the year after in the third year of the Mitchells, DJ, Ish, AB, Malik and Carey.

I hate saying the team sucks after losing a road game to Dayton. They definitely don’t suck. They are not elite but they are above average, top third A10 team that has a lot of work to do to get to the top of the conference. Unlike some teams, that work is not really about improving talent it is about improving execution. The athleticism, shooting and skill is there.
The Mitchells turned 21 today. I think they play one more year here, then go pro...Europe or whatever. I can't see them still being here when they're 23 years old.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago
NC_Ram wrote: 3 years ago Tyrese and Jacob definitely look better in their new settings!

Or Harris.
Some players are what they are, but most do get better with experience. As with Fatts and JH, you don't know how the lingering injury issues have affected their play. Last year I saw improvement in Fatts and this year I like Walker's game better and even JH has shown some flashes.
Let's face it even some 4* and 5* recruits at blue blood programs under high profile coaches don't always thrive, many end up transferring.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

That had to be a factor.

I do get critical of Cox at times and disagree with some of his decisions but in no way am I going to compare him at this point with JB. I was never a fan when they hired Baron, but I was in favor of the Cox hire
Baron had 11 years with no success and this is only Cox's 3rd year in his first head coaching gig and these haven't been normal times.
Ibn34
Michael Andersen

Post by Ibn34 »

Or Harris.
Some players are what they are, but most do get better with experience. As with Fatts and JH, you don't know how the lingering injury issues have affected their play. Last year I saw improvement in Fatts and this year I like Walker's game better and even JH has shown some flashes.
Let's face it even some 4* and 5* recruits at blue blood programs under high profile coaches don't always thrive, many end up transferring.

A while lot of bitchin and complaining about this one and that one...the bottom line is, this isn’t a very good team. Just accept it. We are 16 or 17 games in, it ain’t changing. The team is bd for multiple reasons, that most of you have mentioned before. But...

....it’s not just on Cox to develop players. The players have a their own personal responsibility to get better. Yes he’s done a lackluster job this year, but I’m not putting everything in him.
...guys transferring probably did or did not have something to do with Fatts’ presence. But those things happen yearly, around the country, on every team.
...Fatts has been bad this year. No getting around it. But, where’s the appreciation as a fan, for a guy laying his body on the line out there, for your program?? We sound like a bunch a**holes speaking the way we do sometimes, in regards to Fatts and the rest of our guys.
...and saw someone post “If Ish leaves, then Cox better follow him” Yo, when did Ish become Sharife Cooper??? He is a very solid and dependable player, no doubt about it. But he’s not STAR in the A10. Anyone who thinks he is, is in for a rude awakening in the seasons to come. An essential piece to a good/great team. But not the “guy”. If Cox is depending on this returning guard group to get it done next year, think again. He needs a true proven PG, from the transfer portal. Not a Fatts type, he has that in Jeremy. Not a nuts and bolts guy, he has that in Ish. But a true table-setter, with some offensive game.

The one thing that someone said that is true, is this coaching staff has to change. It’s one of the biggest issues that exists. Players win games. But coaches put guys in the right positions, to win games. The overall job being done of this staff stinks!!
URI_05
ARD

Post by URI_05 »

I do get critical of Cox at times and disagree with some of his decisions but in no way am I going to compare him at this point with JB. I was never a fan when they hired Baron, but I was in favor of the Cox hire
Baron had 11 years with no success and this is only Cox's 3rd year in his first head coaching gig and these haven't been normal times.
That’s the point. You don’t let him get to 11 years with no tourney. Usually you have a pretty good idea by year 3 or 4 at the latest. Look at what Hurley is doing at UConn or even look at our own WBB coach...
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

That’s the point. You don’t let him get to 11 years with no tourney. Usually you have a pretty good idea by year 3 or 4 at the latest. Look at what Hurley is doing at UConn or even look at our own WBB coach...
It sounds like you have already given up on Cox and we are postponing the inevitable. Nobody is saying we need to go through another 11 Baron years or even close to that, but I am not ready to give up on Cox. I think it is too soon to pull the plug on this team and start from scratch again.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Post by Jersey77 »

Ibn34 wrote: 3 years ago

Or Harris.

A while lot of bitchin and complaining about this one and that one...the bottom line is, this isn’t a very good team. Just accept it. We are 16 or 17 games in, it ain’t changing. The team is bd for multiple reasons, that most of you have mentioned before. But...

....it’s not just on Cox to develop players. The players have a their own personal responsibility to get better. Yes he’s done a lackluster job this year, but I’m not putting everything in him.
...guys transferring probably did or did not have something to do with Fatts’ presence. But those things happen yearly, around the country, on every team.
...Fatts has been bad this year. No getting around it. But, where’s the appreciation as a fan, for a guy laying his body on the line out there, for your program?? We sound like a bunch a**holes speaking the way we do sometimes, in regards to Fatts and the rest of our guys.
...and saw someone post “If Ish leaves, then Cox better follow him” Yo, when did Ish become Sharife Cooper??? He is a very solid and dependable player, no doubt about it. But he’s not STAR in the A10. Anyone who thinks he is, is in for a rude awakening in the seasons to come. An essential piece to a good/great team. But not the “guy”. If Cox is depending on this returning guard group to get it done next year, think again. He needs a true proven PG, from the transfer portal. Not a Fatts type, he has that in Jeremy. Not a nuts and bolts guy, he has that in Ish. But a true table-setter, with some offensive game.

The one thing that someone said that is true, is this coaching staff has to change. It’s one of the biggest issues that exists. Players win games. But coaches put guys in the right positions, to win games. The overall job being done of this staff stinks!!
I would be all in if we swap out Austin Allen and his father for Preston Murphy, but never going to happen.
Last edited by Jersey77 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Post by Rhody72 »

What was disappointing to me about the Dayton game was that we had one of our better 20 minutes of the season, then fell apart after halftime. One problem that hasn't been discussed very much is the C, PF situation. While Mahkel has played great, Mahki is out and JH is pretty useless. Mahkel knows he has to soak up many minutes and can't afford to get into foul trouble. This limits his aggressiveness. I look at Walker as a combo SF-PF and not a force inside defensively. Our rebounding has been great, but we are giving up too much inside scoring. The good rebounding and giving up too many points inside are related to our lack of aggressiveness and just playing positional basketball without fouling. If Makhi was available we wouldn't have this problem.
NCAAs or Bust!
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

For those thinking we have a shot at dancing next year I don’t think the chances are good at all , it’s very difficult to dance and the way are players are developing I don’t think we will be dancing at all
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Post by SandorClegane »

That had to be a factor.

:lol: This is not accurate at all. Have you watched either of these guys play this year? Tyrese and Jacob are both averaging less points and almost identical rbs as last year. They look exactly the same as when they wore keaney blue. Not sure what your looking at here...

Martin is the #2 option on the team (#1 without Bouk) and he’s doing ok, but definitely not killing it.
Toppin is averaging 4 points a game on a team that has a .333 win percentage. KU is a great program but the team is garbage this year.

I totally get that you don’t like Cox, but stick to facts.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Post by DC_Rams »

Ibn34 wrote: 3 years ago

I would be all in if we swap Preston Murphy for Austin Allen and his father, but never going to happen.
I agree with the staff stinks sentiment. I’ve tried to give everyone an extended benefit of doubt, but they don’t seem to contribute ANYTHING of value to the team/program. I’d offer to cut my pay to increase the staff pool and get some quality, veteran assistants on board before it’s too late.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Post by Rhody15 »

SandorClegane wrote: 3 years ago
That had to be a factor.

:lol: This is not accurate at all. Have you watched either of these guys play this year? Tyrese and Jacob are both averaging less points and almost identical rbs as last year. They look exactly the same as when they wore keaney blue. Not sure what your looking at here...

Martin is the #2 option on the team (#1 without Bouk) and he’s doing ok, but definitely not killing it.
Toppin is averaging 4 points a game on a team that has a .333 win percentage. KU is a great program but the team is garbage this year.

I totally get that you don’t like Cox, but stick to facts.

I’ll stick to facts.

Tyrese is averaging a career high in rebounds per game, field goal percentage, 3 point percentage, free throws percentage, assists per game, steals per game, along with a career low turnovers per game, in a better conference.
Go Rhody