1/17 | Richmond | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/17 | Richmond | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by section(105) »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

I wonder what the score would look like today or against UMass if Freeman passed maybe 3-4 more times instead of throwing up a stupid garbage shot
…….the same……
yeah I disagree.
[/quote

My point is, he could have passed it to players with not so hot shouting %, on poor shot selections, and therefore no points…..
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago
Thomas is low hanging fruit. There's bigger problems.
How about 3/4 star Carey who can't shoot or dribble?
If you’re going to go after a highly ranked recruit, go after Weston and Tchkiou.

Carey has been 10X better this season than those two.
Carey has been better but he was bad tonight. I personally expect more from our 5th year players like Carey and Malik over Weston and Tchikou, Let’s not forget how brutal Carey was for most of his first year here. He’s now a solid A10 player

I still have faith in Weston but he took a big step back these last two games after his best game of the year.

Tchikou looks better on the defensive end but he seems lost on offense.

I can’t believe Lou can’t see the floor with how horrible we have looked.

Bassy has heart but we really need Cam or whoever else Archie brings in to be better next season…I think he’s perfect for a low major program.

This sucks.

Yes, this was definitely Carey’s worst game in a while.

Led the team in rebounds, but too sloppy and took bad shots.
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Last call, nite nite.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
Excuses excuses. Other teams are playing as often as us.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Defensive Tchikou was literally our only line of defense at the rim. When he wasn’t in they scored at will at the rim, Burton went with no concern straight to the rim. He blocked or altered a half dozen shots maybe more. Offensively he’s still lost but he had 1 of his better games on defensive end. Of all people he doesn’t deserve the arrows tonight. Our back court can’t throw the ball around the gym and shoot it at 35%. Way too much Bassy for me.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
But I’m looking forward to when Bassy is either buried on the bench, in the stands, or somewhere else. Kid is on the RI Mount Rushmore ratio of PT to terrible along with Jon Clark and Jarelle Reischel.
A difference is that Bassy came to URI as a walk-on. His FG shooting is sub-par. What else about his game bothers you? Bassy gives you 100% effort every second he is on the court.
72, this team plays hard, no question, up and down the rotation. Effort is not in question. But, the current talent level is below average. It is not near upper A10 level (in a bad conf year) and no where near NCAA Tourney level at this time.

Now, Can returning players ( whoever returns) improve? I believe so but the kind of talent jump they would need to take to play at the highest level is substantial and rare from the current talent level. And, as each game passes, my confidence level in seeing that type of improvement drops.

I like Bassy. He’s a good story, makes some smart plays and is a hard worker but he is a role player, a break the glass in case of injury emergencies player on an NCAA Tourney level team, at best.

There are others in the rotation that are in the same boat right now; Solid players on a below average team. But it is questionable whether or not any can ever lift their games enough to be talented enough to play at an NCAA Tourney level and win a game or two or - to God’s ear’s - three. And, that is what we all want - NCAA Tourney trips and wins.

It is admirable to defend players that wear our schools uni’s and I am with you but, at the same time, we can’t be lulled into settling for mediocre talent and waiting for improvement that may never come - even with the high level of coaching we currently have.

I will continue to root for this team and hope that they can improve enough as a team this season to pull some upsets until this season ends. Then, for those players who leave I will wish them well.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago As we know, I’m very much team “we’ll be good when we’re good.”

But I’m looking forward to when Bassy is either buried on the bench, in the stands, or somewhere else. Kid is on the RI Mount Rushmore ratio of PT to terrible along with Jon Clark and Jarelle Reischel.
Oh my, just saw this..."PT to terrible"... great ratio. I think people may underestimate the gnarliness and veracity of that statement... There's a STFanClub for sure, but that ain't a long term strategy...
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Can’t blame FT’s. We hit 7-8
Only 1 Ram had a positive +/- Stewart with +1
We blocked Burton’s shot 4 times
Samb only played 8 minutes, 1 rebound and had a -8
Martin looks like he might be hurt. On a steal and easy breakaway he chose not to dunk it. Normally he would.
0D71CAD2-F4B1-4348-953D-CACED3CD3E66.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

That was such a bad performance I’m going to forget I watched it. We’ll be better next game hopefully
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Can’t blame FT’s. We hit 7-8
Only 1 Ram had a positive +/- Stewart with +1
We blocked Burton’s shot 4 times
Samb only played 8 minutes, 1 rebound and had a -8
Martin looks like he might be hurt. On a steal and easy breakaway he chose not to dunk it. Normally he would.

0D71CAD2-F4B1-4348-953D-CACED3CD3E66.jpeg
You might be thinking of Hassan… I don’t think I have ever seen Malik dunk the ball one time since he’s played for us lol
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
I feel for Arch , he is getting the effort out of the guys but we just aren’t talented enough to win many games in this bad conference

I sure hope he can upgrade the talent level next year
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Good news!!! URI gets another chance against Richmond Wednesday night! I predict much better shooting, passing, defense, cohesiveness, ...
NCAAs or Bust!
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Can anyone explain to me what “pace” is and how it’s calculated? I see our pace is 67.1 and we’re ranked 201 in the country. I know Archie says we want to play with great pace and we seem to be running up and down the court as quickly as possible. Where are we going wrong?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Maybe something like, efficient use of the number of possessions in terms of scoring? We shout poorly, make too many turnovers, etc. therefore employ/wasted possessions? I am sure others here better explanation. No clue as to how calculated.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago Can anyone explain to me what “pace” is and how it’s calculated? I see our pace is 67.1 and we’re ranked 201 in the country. I know Archie says we want to play with great pace and we seem to be running up and down the court as quickly as possible. Where are we going wrong?
Pace is usually just a measure of how many possessions you use, whether that possession ends in a shot made, a turnover, going to the FT line, etc. It's more describing how a team plays, vs. being a measure on how good they are. StatMuse is kind of a junky site, but they have a chart of the NBA teams with the highest pace dating back to the early 70s.

The top five teams are kind of who you'd expect - the Michael Adams led Denver Nuggets, the Nuggets with Alex English, the Spurs with George Gervin. The leaders are filled with 70s teams because a dirty secret of the old NBA is that teams often did not play much defense at all. (This particular site doesn't have the pace number for 1960s teams, but like Wilt Chamberlain games are probably even higher.) Pace pretty much went down from the 60s into the 00s, as defense tightened, but it's opened up more in recent years because of the success of teams like the Suns and Warriors, and rules loosening that have cut down on hand checking and other fouls.

Generally, pace doesn't have correlation to winning, except at the extreme levels. Teams that play at a breakneck pace relative to the rest of the league sometimes underperform. And, teams that play super slow are often horrible to watch, but they can exceed expectations. (Think the Mike Fratello Cavs, or, the first few years of Baron Ball at URI.) Less possessions means a greater chance to pull an upset - if you get lucky or shoot well - whereas the more possessions you have, typically, both teams are going to revert to the mean of their talent level.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago Can anyone explain to me what “pace” is and how it’s calculated? I see our pace is 67.1 and we’re ranked 201 in the country. I know Archie says we want to play with great pace and we seem to be running up and down the court as quickly as possible. Where are we going wrong?
Pace is usually just a measure of how many possessions you use, whether that possession ends in a shot made, a turnover, going to the FT line, etc. It's more describing how a team plays, vs. being a measure on how good they are. StatMuse is kind of a junky site, but they have a chart of the NBA teams with the highest pace dating back to the early 70s.

The top five teams are kind of who you'd expect - the Michael Adams led Denver Nuggets, the Nuggets with Alex English, the Spurs with George Gervin. The leaders are filled with 70s teams because a dirty secret of the old NBA is that teams often did not play much defense at all. (This particular site doesn't have the pace number for 1960s teams, but like Wilt Chamberlain games are probably even higher.) Pace pretty much went down from the 60s into the 00s, as defense tightened, but it's opened up more in recent years because of the success of teams like the Suns and Warriors, and rules loosening that have cut down on hand checking and other fouls.

Generally, pace doesn't have correlation to winning, except at the extreme levels. Teams that play at a breakneck pace relative to the rest of the league sometimes underperform. And, teams that play super slow are often horrible to watch, but they can exceed expectations. (Think the Mike Fratello Cavs, or, the first few years of Baron Ball at URI.) Less possessions means a greater chance to pull an upset - if you get lucky or shoot well - whereas the more possessions you have, typically, both teams are going to revert to the mean of their talent level.
Calculation of Pace (NBA)
https://captaincalculator.com/sports/ba ... alculator/
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

It uses the number of possessions per game. But it also factors in opponents number of possessions so if team A is playing at a breakneck speed but team B is being methodical, it's going to drag team A's tempo down. KenPom also does an 'average possession length'. URI's average possession is 17.5 seconds - 191st in the country.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
It uses the number of possessions per game. But it also factors in opponents number of possessions so if team A is playing at a breakneck speed but team B is being methodical, it's going to drag team A's tempo down. KenPom also does an 'average possession length'. URI's average possession is 17.5 seconds - 191st in the country.
Thanks Smarty. Now we know where your name came from.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

So, this begs the question. How do we get more possessions? Steals, TOs, drawing fouls, rebounds, and I suppose better shooting. Any others???
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago
So, this begs the question. How do we get more possessions? Steals, TOs, drawing fouls, rebounds, and I suppose better shooting. Any others???
More possessions doesn't really have any correlation to winning, though. In fact, it would be worse for our team - we shoot poorly. If anything, Archie should be slowing things down as much as he can, except for TOs that lead to fastbreak opportunities. However, playing at a slow pace isn't really pleasant to watch, and ultimately, it's not like URI is suddenly a tournament team if they play super slow. More like it's an edge that might get you an extra win or two over a single year, but likely cost you recruits in the long run.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

For me it seems what we do with the possessions (scoring)not so much as getting more?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

A difference is that Bassy came to URI as a walk-on. His FG shooting is sub-par. What else about his game bothers you? Bassy gives you 100% effort every second he is on the court.
You suck so hard. Troll better. He was and is a scholarship, was recruited by your hero Dave Cox (the only scholly offer).
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

It has to be more than which team gets more possessions…
It feels like the only factor there would be offensive rebounds, unless when you miss a shot and get a board counts as the same possession…
Otherwise each team gets the same amount: score, miss or turnover, then it’s the opponent’s turn…rinse and repeat for 40 minutes.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago

It feels like the only factor there would be offensive rebounds, unless when you miss a shot and get a board counts as the same possession…
Otherwise each team gets the same amount: score, miss or turnover, then it’s the opponent’s turn…rinse and repeat for 40 minutes.
Pace is simply a measure of how quickly the team is playing usually, not a value judgment. Kind of like if your car is going 70 MPH - it's great if you're on Route 95, not so great on Ocean Road. Since URI's offensive rating is currently 325th out of 363 D-I teams, that's a better judge of where we're at. When we win, it's usually because Ish, Freeman, and someone else (Carey or Martin) manages to contribute on the offensive end. Everyone else is kind of helpless on offense.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Pace is simply a measure of how quickly the team is playing usually, not a value judgment. Kind of like if your car is going 70 MPH - it's great if you're on Route 95, not so great on Ocean Road. Since URI's offensive rating is currently 325th out of 363 D-I teams, that's a better judge of where we're at. When we win, it's usually because Ish, Freeman, and someone else (Carey or Martin) manages to contribute on the offensive end. Everyone else is kind of helpless on offense.
I think we now missing what was behind my initial inquiry, that being Archie wants to play with "great pace" and I wanted to get a handle on what that looks like. Those certain criteria that determine pace and what metrics to look for to see if we are making progress. It has be more than running up and down the floor with reckless abandon as we saw last night.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

All you need to know about our offense is we shoot the highest percentage of mid-range shots (28%) in the league by a pretty wide margin.
2nd lowest percentage of three point shots (31%) in the league (Umass slightly lower).
That's not a great recipe for success in modern basketball.
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

I think we now missing what was behind my initial inquiry, that being Archie wants to play with "great pace" and I wanted to get a handle on what that looks like. Those certain criteria that determine pace and what metrics to look for to see if we are making progress. It has be more than running up and down the floor with reckless abandon as we saw last night.
In my mind, playing with "great pace" requires good decision making along with repetition and good coaching, to run successful offensive schemes. However, your players must be offensively skilled enough to execute when the open shots appear. Our players, at this point in their careers, either lack the skills and/ or confidence to pull the trigger, to take advantage of the openings that are created. Also, may I add, that our decision making by several of our starters, 2 come to mind, is very questionable and creates way too many turnovers. The best way to judge pace, might be to just see how many points we score?
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I think playing with pace is often an overused term in coaching press conferences. Your post made me think of the video below which shows just a sampling of coaches saying it. That isn't to say it wont eventually happen, but you need the horses.

I remember Brett Nelson getting the job at Holy Cross. He talked about wanting to play fast, but that first year, he didn't have the horses. He had plow horses, not racing horses. You do have to bring the guys in to play to your style of play.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I have always liked points per possession. I suspect that Coach Miller in the post game coach speak, refers to “pace” advanced subjective thing without any metric behind it. No?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago All you need to know about our offense is we shoot the highest percentage of mid-range shots (28%) in the league by a pretty wide margin.
2nd lowest percentage of three point shots (31%) in the league (Umass slightly lower).
That's not a great recipe for success in modern basketball.
Rhody shot 6.67% on two point jumpers last night. Can't be sure, but I feel like that's not good.

Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

You suck so hard. Troll better. He was and is a scholarship, was recruited by your hero Dave Cox (the only scholly offer).
Well at least I'm not a thug and racist.

Bassy was given a scholarship in June 2021, so he was a scholarship player of last resort for the 21-22 team and not a walk-on.
You keep trying to make those baseless claims come true.

I hope the lonely life you live of trolling an underachieving basketball team’s message board and fans satisfies you for your remaining years.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

It's too bad that we don't have a symbol that we can click on when we DON'T like a comment.!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Adorable Instagram today of URI MBB players visiting a local elementary school. They had a 12-point lead at halftime but wound up losing to the kids by 15. 🤓

RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Do you guys think Loyola is worse than us this season?
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Do you guys think Loyola is worse than us this season?
I saw some of their home game with SLU tonight. They didn’t look good during the 10 minutes I watched and ended up losing by double digits to remain winless in conf.

I think we are slightly better. Hopefully, we can play well enough to grab a road win out there later this season.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Do you guys think Loyola is worse than us this season?
Yes they suck
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Possible, but, sight unseen....no. Although, a little on paper research would say, yes. No matter, the game with them will be a tossup.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
I saw some of their home game with SLU tonight. They didn’t look good during the 10 minutes I watched and ended up losing by double digits to remain winless in conf.

I think we are slightly better. Hopefully, we can play well enough to grab a road win out there later this season.
Yeah, I'm just thinking of teams we might be able to beat lol.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago As we know, I’m very much team “we’ll be good when we’re good.”

Blue Man,
Clearly you are down on Thomas - no secret there. But doesn’t your criticism also translate over the Miller? Why is Miller playing him so many more minutes than you would? It’s driving you nuts. Thomas doesn’t dictate his own minutes. So isn’t this a negative on Miller and staff? Assuming Thomas is as useless as you say.

In watching last game the announcers said several times URI was standing around watching. Much of that time Freeman or Carey were doing a lot of dribbling.

When Miller put in Thomas, Weston and Stewart the ball passed more, less dribbling, less driving in the middle where turnovers occurred or shots blocked. Not saying these guys are better but the individual ball handling by Freeman and Carey lends to others watching them.

Carey took it down the middle a few times and Richmond just took it right out of his hands. Once Carey put both hands up in the air after they stole it, as if blaming the Ref or maybe just overall frustration with himself and then he didn’t go back on defense - just stood there. Miller is big on watching the tapes so for sure that gets reviewed.

I’d be looking more at the starting 5, those with the most minutes.
Seems Thomas and Stewart get a lot of blame but their minutes are less.

I’d agree Thomas is low hanging fruit, much bigger problems especially on the defensive end, rebounding and individual effort.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Good news!!! URI gets another chance against Richmond Wednesday night! I predict much better shooting, passing, defense, cohesiveness, ...
Good call
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

No question. URI still might lose to them because it's on the road, but I don't see Loyola finishing higher than dead last.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Blue Man,
Clearly you are down on Thomas - no secret there. But doesn’t your criticism also translate over the Miller? Why is Miller playing him so many more minutes than you would? It’s driving you nuts. Thomas doesn’t dictate his own minutes. So isn’t this a negative on Miller and staff? Assuming Thomas is as useless as you say.

In watching last game the announcers said several times URI was standing around watching. Much of that time Freeman or Carey were doing a lot of dribbling.

When Miller put in Thomas, Weston and Stewart the ball passed more, less dribbling, less driving in the middle where turnovers occurred or shots blocked. Not saying these guys are better but the individual ball handling by Freeman and Carey lends to others watching them.

Carey took it down the middle a few times and Richmond just took it right out of his hands. Once Carey put both hands up in the air after they stole it, as if blaming the Ref or maybe just overall frustration with himself and then he didn’t go back on defense - just stood there. Miller is big on watching the tapes so for sure that gets reviewed.

I’d agree Thomas is low hanging fruit, much bigger problems especially on the defensive end, rebounding and individual effort.
I'm an Archie homer - for the reason that I've seen what the guy can do at this level, and I believe in his system. Tom Izzo inherited a 22 win, NCAA team and missed the NCAA's with barely .500 teams for 2 years with the packline. Tony Bennett missed the tournament his first 2 years with sub .500 teams. The system works when everyone understands it.

Because of that blind trust - I'm going to assume Archie has a master plan that involves some semblance of teachable moments and not playing certain guys to drive the lesson into their head that he would rather lose games (this year) playing the right way, than allow everyone to deviate from his system.

This is a learning year. It's going to be frustrating for all of us to grow through.

Jumping off the Cox bus early was easier for some of us because the question was "can he do it as a head coach" not "how long will it take for us to become those Archie Miller teams?"

I think what we've seen this year is much better basketball played than in the past 4 years - just not the level of talent we need to compete. I've seen more open shots missed, more terrible turnovers, more execution errors than I've seen in a long time.

So yes, Bassy is going to be a lightning rod for criticism - but I'm putting my faith in Archie that he's teaching someone a lesson, sees something we don't, or this a part of a larger plan.

I'm still going to bitch though, because this is a message board :D

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

No question. URI still might lose to them because it's on the road, but I don't see Loyola finishing higher than dead last.
Very surprised that they are this bad , some had them in the 4-6 range most had them in the 6-10 range and not too many had them 11th or worse so maybe their coach should be worried
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man,

I'm an Archie homer - for the reason that I've seen what the guy can do at this level, and I believe in his system. Tom Izzo inherited a 22 win, NCAA team and missed the NCAA's with barely .500 teams for 2 years with the packline. Tony Bennett missed the tournament his first 2 years with sub .500 teams. The system works when everyone understands it.

Because of that blind trust - I'm going to assume Archie has a master plan that involves some semblance of teachable moments and not playing certain guys to drive the lesson into their head that he would rather lose games (this year) playing the right way, than allow everyone to deviate from his system.

This is a learning year. It's going to be frustrating for all of us to grow through.

Jumping off the Cox bus early was easier for some of us because the question was "can he do it as a head coach" not "how long will it take for us to become those Archie Miller teams?"

I think what we've seen this year is much better basketball played than in the past 4 years - just not the level of talent we need to compete. I've seen more open shots missed, more terrible turnovers, more execution errors than I've seen in a long time.

So yes, Bassy is going to be a lightning rod for criticism - but I'm putting my faith in Archie that he's teaching someone a lesson, sees something we don't, or this a part of a larger plan.

Glad to hear you say Archie could have a different view from yours on Thomas.
There is plenty of criticism to go around
Freeman has been driving inside so much guys are not moving much without the ball. Shits getting blocked, ball stolen or lost. Carey doing more of this now too. So I’m curious to see if Miller lets this continue or makes some corrections. I’d think the later.
I’m guessing we see some line up changes in the next game or two much like the Samb change that seemed a bit overdue.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Last game was one of Jalens worst
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Last game was one of Jalens worst
You have a lot to choose from.

I honestly can't believe that some folks still think Carey is a legitimate A10 starter. He makes far too many bonehead turnovers, out of control drives and poor shots.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago

I honestly can't believe that some folks still think Carey is a legitimate A10 starter. He makes far too many bonehead turnovers, out of control drives and poor shots.
He's probably the guy that deserves the quicker leash, of him and Martin. If he doesn't have it on a certain night, that's when you give Weston some more time. Martin has flaws in his game, but at worst he's a very good rebounder for his size. I think on a better team, Carey is closer to a Stan Robinson type, who's just asked to played tough D, and to attack the hoop in transition and every couple of possessions. We're so starved for offense right now that we let him cook, which... is not so great.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago

Pete, in honor of the recently departed David Crosby, Love the One You’re With.

Carey is one of the one’s we are with for the rest of this season. Better times will come eventually.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

Blue Man,

Glad to hear you say Archie could have a different view from yours on Thomas.
There is plenty of criticism to go around
Freeman has been driving inside so much guys are not moving much without the ball. Shits getting blocked, ball stolen or lost. Carey doing more of this now too. So I’m curious to see if Miller lets this continue or makes some corrections. I’d think the later.
I’m guessing we see some line up changes in the next game or two much like the Samb change that seemed a bit overdue.
As self-appointed president of the Bassy Fan Club I'm just going to play devil's advocate as I feel like he takes so much criticism, some deserved for sure, but some I don't think so.....

Let's look at this game. He was:
T-3rd on the team in points
2nd in assists
T-3rd in rebounds
3 people had more turnovers than him
5th in minutes,
40% FG,
67% 3pt.
Missed 3 shots all game.

What did he do that was so bad that Blueman wants him in the stands? Yes, he's been a real bad shooter, although he has made 3 of his last 6 3pt attempts and made 13 of his last 15 FT's. (plenty of room in the club)

I'm fine with some criticism towards Bassy, I just feel there are plenty of others on this team that much more has been (and should be) expected out of them. If he was taking 12 shots a game, turning it over 5+ times a game, etc then I'd be resigning from the Bassy Fan Club and joining the Bassy Haters, but I just don't see that.