11/6 | Bryant Bulldogs | 7:00PM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 11/6 | Bryant Bulldogs | 7:00PM

Unread post by Obadiah »

Several years ago, we played D2 Stonehill and they brought way more fans to Ryan than Bryant apparently did.

Attendance for opener was 5,010.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago Several years ago, we played D2 Stonehill and they brought way more fans to Ryan than Bryant apparently did.

Was it on Election night? Im surprised no one even thought of that being a factor. Most working people I know vote after work, which is not until like 6 or 7. So its either vote or go to a basketball game you already know the outcome of.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

We better have 6k+ for Harvard. It’s my home opener :)
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

Yes it was election night, I choose the game over voting because I already had tickets. It also was a rainy day and night which I am sure kept the crowd down.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Considering the negatives of the rain, opponent, and election night it looks like a good floor for the crowd. 5k+ being your low point in the Ryan Center is good.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Post game show if you want to listen. Chris DiSano comes on at 21 minute mark.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/whjj-cli ... oplay=true
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

rhodysurf wrote: 5 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago Several years ago, we played D2 Stonehill and they brought way more fans to Ryan than Bryant apparently did.

Was it on Election night? Im surprised no one even thought of that being a factor. Most working people I know vote after work, which is not until like 6 or 7. So its either vote or go to a basketball game you already know the outcome of.
I voted early AM, glad I was able to get it out of the way. I saw someone's post on Facebook regarding the game, and then I saw a comment that was someone complaining about how the NCAA should have "never allowed" games to be scheduled on Election Day. I am certain that the weather, election, and soft opponent are why attendance is lower than it should have been.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

5k with an impressive student showing on election night with lousy weather is fine IMO

I see no reason to expect anything other than good attendance if team continues to win.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I know it was Bryant, but Harris getting 10 rebounds in his freshman debut, in only 19 minutes, is what we need. Watching him grow this season should be must see tv. I wonder who has the most rebounds in URI history in their first game as a freshman.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »