Student Section to be Renamed "Rhody Ruckus"

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Student Section to be Renamed

Unread post by reef »

don't like Rhody Ruckus at all
RhodeIslandBred
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RhodeIslandBred »

BuiltRamTough 2005 wrote:Not sure if this belongs here or under Ryan Center Experience, but the Students now will have a dedicated entrance to all home men's basketball games. Another great idea to encourage students to attend games. No longer tickets are needed and they get to by pass the normal line.

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 0930f0u1dg

Not to shoot this idea down, but this has been done before. Not a very good idea because it actually takes longer to get in and promotes a 'riot'-like atmosphere for big games. Trust me as a student there about 4 years ago for the Providence game they tried to debut this idea. Everyone was pushing and cutting- there were fights, and when the doors finally opened there was a massive push for the doors (One was actually ripped off the hinges). Half of the kids who entered didn't even get tickets they just pushed their way through. Hopefully they're not thinking to limit the number of students who may attend either because I feel sorry for whoever has to stand in front of a group of 1000 kids when the 1500 allotted have been given out and tell them they have to go home or pay. This is a way to create some Rukus if that's what they're looking for.
zporiri
Steve Chubin

Unread post by zporiri »

RhodeIslandBred wrote:
BuiltRamTough 2005 wrote:Not sure if this belongs here or under Ryan Center Experience, but the Students now will have a dedicated entrance to all home men's basketball games. Another great idea to encourage students to attend games. No longer tickets are needed and they get to by pass the normal line.

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 0930f0u1dg

Not to shoot this idea down, but this has been done before. Not a very good idea because it actually takes longer to get in and promotes a 'riot'-like atmosphere for big games. Trust me as a student there about 4 years ago for the Providence game they tried to debut this idea. Everyone was pushing and cutting- there were fights, and when the doors finally opened there was a massive push for the doors (One was actually ripped off the hinges). Half of the kids who entered didn't even get tickets they just pushed their way through. Hopefully they're not thinking to limit the number of students who may attend either because I feel sorry for whoever has to stand in front of a group of 1000 kids when the 1500 allotted have been given out and tell them they have to go home or pay. This is a way to create some Rukus if that's what they're looking for.
We can address that problem when it comes. I hope we have students who are that determined to get into the Ryan Center this year.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

More "guidance" for our young, inexperienced student section.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I'm surprised Horny Bastards didn't get more traction with the focus group.

According to News Channel 12 tonight, all eyes are on the URI campus in Kingston, RI, should the Red Sox take the pennant tomorrow.
Last edited by jcru 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

How about Wooly Bullies?

"Hattie told mattie
About a thing she saw
Had two big horns
And a wooly jaw...

Wooly Bully"
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

JCRU, haven't they already won the pennant, as in American League title? I just hope the banner/flag they affix to 4 Yawkey Way next season is RED in color.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ATPTourFan wrote:JCRU, haven't they already won the pennant, as in American League title? I just hope the banner/flag they affix to 4 Yawkey Way next season is RED in color.
No, as Mayor Menino said, the Sawx are playing for the "World Series Cup" ....
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I was on campus for that game 5 win over Oakland in 2003 in the divisional series. After the game finished, we went outside the rental house east of the emporium and we could hear the roar of the crowd of students down in the rotary thing behind Roger Williams dining hall. Needless to say, we all grabbed something to drink and ran all the way down the hill to see what was happening. Craziness.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Love this...

ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

@rhodyRuckus is failing at ALL of their rules tonight. Poor attendance. For thosw who ARE here, NONE are standing or making noise on every possession. I don't care if it's an exhibition.

Weak!
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

ATPTourFan wrote:@rhodyRuckus is failing at ALL of their rules tonight. Poor attendance. For thosw who ARE here, NONE are standing or making noise on every possession. I don't care if it's an exhibition.

Weak!
Its a preseason game for a team coming off back to back single-digit win seasons, what are they really expecting?

Not to mention its halloween weekend so you know what that means for the women of URI... Lord have mercy. I wouldn't be at this game either if I were a student now.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Huge Halloween bus trip . huge
GO RAMS
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I went to a game a couple of years ago with a young co-worker.
I swear, he spend 90% of his time head down, thumbs moving, on his cell phone.
I mean, what's so pressing that you can't put the damned phone down for a couple of hours.
At least, text during timeouts or half time.
Irritating. It's like watching a Sox game and bases loaded and some dink in the swells seats
behind home plate, yakking on their phones or with heads down, texting.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rodfromcranston wrote:I went to a game a couple of years ago with a young co-worker.
I swear, he spend 90% of his time head down, thumbs moving, on his cell phone.
I mean, what's so pressing that you can't put the damned phone down for a couple of hours.

At least, text during timeouts or half time.
Irritating. It's like watching a Sox game and bases loaded and some dink in the swells seats
behind home plate, yakking on their phones or with heads down, texting.
Maybe he was posting updates on keaneyblue.com??!
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

ATPTourFan wrote:@rhodyRuckus is failing at ALL of their rules tonight. Poor attendance. For thosw who ARE here, NONE are standing or making noise on every possession. I don't care if it's an exhibition.

Weak!

Agreed ATP... WEAK! Halloween Bus Trip? Hahahahhhaaa.. Nice excuse.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

A bus trip? Where were they going? So the entire student population went?
Yup! W-E-A-K!
TP, my co worker was a PC fan, we were at the URI-PC game at the Dunk.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Halloween weekend on any college campus is the biggest holiday event of the year...and it was an exhibition game.

Don't sound the alarm yet guys.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

EZBuckets wrote:Halloween weekend on any college campus is the biggest holiday event of the year...and it was an exhibition game.

Don't sound the alarm yet guys.
The kids packed Keaney for Madness. Was it the free burgers? We'll see next Friday.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

walked up to the emporium right after the game with my buddies and I saw 6 bus loads of students plus a MOB of students that couldn't fit, all dressed up. I'm telling you from experience , that's where the students were. I'm not worried about attendance next week
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Too funny. I thought the girls I saw dressed as very sexy nurses after the game were just coming back from a long night :o