1/17 | Richmond | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 1/17 | Richmond | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago I think this was our worst game all year. Frustrating as Richmond is weak this year and it felt like we were progressing.
Saturday was pretty bad, but so were Brown, Tx St, Quinnipiac…LaSalle
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I would have a better time watching the $1200 I spent on season tickets burn in a firepit than this team right now.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Best thing about this game...along with Louisville, Richmond has one of the top center court college hop logos out there?
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

This season is like trudging 40 years in the wilderness trying to find the way to the promised land. Oooph
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

As we know, I’m very much team “we’ll be good when we’re good.”

But I’m looking forward to when Bassy is either buried on the bench, in the stands, or somewhere else. Kid is on the RI Mount Rushmore ratio of PT to terrible along with Jon Clark and Jarelle Reischel.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago I would have a better time watching the $1200 I spent on season tickets burn in a firepit than this team right now.
Too funny...I think we have more into it than that, but...some years are a bah-gain, some aren't....what're ya gonna do? (shrug)
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

64-57 final

URI loses but covers the number !!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

At least the team didn’t quit.

After getting down 9-0, they easily could’ve packed it in.

Outscored them by 2 the rest of the game.

I know that means nothing, but at least it shows they didn’t stop playing and finished the game.
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

On the positive side, each of these exercises in futility that goes into the books is a step closer to the end of this abomination of a season.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

We have some home games coming up. Maybe we play better and win one.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Well, that was fun. Hey three home games coming, if I heard that right. Home cooking is just what we need……..and an injection of talent. Sorry, I don’t want to hear all the potential etc etc. all those players would have to evolve, be all coached up to career level production at the same time. Sorry, don’t see it.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Lost by 7 on the road against a team not in a total rebuild….the sky isn’t falling. It’s year 1. Not our best ball compared to some of the past games but we are going to see this team struggle all year.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago At least the team didn’t quit.

After getting down 9-0, they easily could’ve packed it in.

Outscored them by 2 the rest of the game.

I know that means nothing, but at least it shows they didn’t stop playing and finished the game.
I have no issue with the effort. I do have an issue with Tchikou and Samb, our 2 bigs, combining for 4 pts today. That’s unacceptable.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Other than no defense at the rim we played great defense away from the basket. In order for us to win we need real good games from Freeman, Leggett and Carey. Unfortunately Carey was a no show tonight.
Defensive performances by Samb and Stewart really bad tonight along with absolutely poor rebounding.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

This is the basement. Next year will be better, because we can only get better from this point.

I've seen enough of Carey, at this point, ole sticky fingers. Freeman is a one man show, and I don't mean that in a good way. Hopefully Ish stays. Martin looks like a grad student player on a team with no cohesion, not his fault.

Hopefully guys like Weston and Hutch stay.

Bassy should not be a starter in this Conference. He should be a role player.

I don't think Alex has evolved into anything more than he was at Alabama or in his highlight videos.

Oh, and Ant is not coming, so don't waste anymore time on that dream. Kevin Brown Jr is more likely to appear in a URI uniform.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago As we know, I’m very much team “we’ll be good when we’re good.”

But I’m looking forward to when Bassy is either buried on the bench, in the stands, or somewhere else. Kid is on the RI Mount Rushmore ratio of PT to terrible along with Jon Clark and Jarelle Reischel.
Thomas is low hanging fruit. There's bigger problems.
How about 3/4 star Carey who can't shoot or dribble?
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This team is built for the future, not now. Can’t forget that.
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We have the Help Wanted sign up for this program. There is only one direction to go from here, and that is up.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago This team is built for the future, not now. Can’t forget that.
Question, built with the same players and some add-ones?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

I'm not saying he's a great or even very good player, but the Thomas bashing is getting a little overblown. I don't think anyone on our team played well and you can say that Freeman was terrible tonight, but I don't think I've heard that mentioned at all. Too much out of control driving to the basket when the middle was totally clogged by Richmond. Every loss seems to be one guy's fault on this board, and it's sickening. Give it a rest.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago I would have a better time watching the $1200 I spent on season tickets burn in a firepit than this team right now.
Too funny...I think we have more into it than that, but...some years are a bah-gain, some aren't....what're ya gonna do? (shrug)
On the other hand my 2 Lady Ram season tickets are an absolute bargain. If I switched the cost of men and women tickets I'd consider it outstanding value.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Silk just said in reference to Richmond, “recruit players that fits the system…….”
Want a concept, we’ll see Archie.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
A difference is that Bassy came to URI as a walk-on. His FG shooting is sub-par. What else about his game bothers you? Bassy gives you 100% effort every second he is on the court.
NCAAs or Bust!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

That pass into Martin's back on the fast break bothers me, 72
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago As we know, I’m very much team “we’ll be good when we’re good.”

If you’re going to go after a highly ranked recruit, go after Weston and Tchkiou.

Carey has been 10X better this season than those two.
Go Rhody
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

What about Tchkiou's pass off Martin's leg? Did that bother you?
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Funny how much shit Thomas gets on here but Tchikou is absolutely useless on offense. Good for MAX 4 pts a game and plenty of dumb turnovers.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
A difference is that Bassy came to URI as a walk-on. His FG shooting is sub-par. What else about his game bothers you? Bassy gives you 100% effort every second he is on the court.
Only describing a player by saying he “gives 100% effort” and “tries hard” often means he’s just not a very good player.
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I'm confused here. Are you saying that Carey has been 10x better than mediocre, or are you saying that West and Tchkiou are 10x worse than pretty awful?
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago What about Tchkiou's pass off Martin's leg? Did that bother you?
Sure did

Anyone who had passes like those two, were part of the problem.
Last edited by jcru 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 1 year ago This is the basement. Next year will be better, because we can only get better from this point.

I've seen enough of Carey, at this point, ole sticky fingers. Freeman is a one man show, and I don't mean that in a good way. Hopefully Ish stays. Martin looks like a grad student player on a team with no cohesion, not his fault.

I don't think Alex has evolved into anything more than he was at Alabama or in his highlight videos.

Oh, and Ant is not coming, so don't waste anymore time on that dream. Kevin Brown Jr is more likely to appear in a URI uniform.
I was with you until the Ant part...Ant still has a shot at Most Pages for Someone That Never Played at URI... I understand you're upset, but don't go, kill the fantasy and wreck that, too.

ETA...and the Carey part. He's the best player on the team.
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Only describing a player by saying he “gives 100% effort” and “tries hard” often means he’s just not a very good player.
Reminds me of , “she sure can cook…….”
Ram logo via Grist 1938
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

ok, I won't mention it again. If he ever suits up you can make me eat crow about it
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago
RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago What about Tchkiou's pass off Martin's leg? Did that bother you?
Sure did

Anyone who had passes like those two, were part of the problem.
That would be the entire team tonight.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago ETA...and the Carey part. He's the best player on the team.
Just so you know, I don't give players the "Jermaine Harris" treatment and rag on them every single game.

I prefer to just wait until the season is over and wish them good luck on their future endeavors. Been at this for almost 30 years now, what's another half season?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
Reminds me of , “she sure can cook…….”
Isn't it amazing how times have shifted? It used to be, everyone just assumed that women did all the cooking, thus "she sure can cook..."
And nowadays, everyone just knows, men cook all the best food. Go figure....
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I sure hope Archie finds a way to pick up a 7 ft methodical Irish center from Lafayette that can make basic low post moves and give u dbl digit points. I’ll take one year and not have to rely on development players completely.
Last edited by McRam 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago This is the basement. Next year will be better, because we can only get better from this point.

Thomas isn’t starting.
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

McRam wrote: 1 year ago I sure hope Archie finds a way to pick up a 7 ft methodical Irish center from Lafayette that can make basic low post moves and give u dbl digit points. I’ll take one year and not have to rely on development players.
Oh, but why can’t the transfer from Alabama do that?!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
McRam wrote: 1 year ago I sure hope Archie finds a way to pick up a 7 ft methodical Irish center from Lafayette that can make basic low post moves and give u dbl digit points. I’ll take one year and not have to rely on development players.
He is not Irish!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Thomas isn’t starting.
Sure plays a heck of a lot of minutes out there, for someone who isn't starting.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Weston gets a medical pass from me this year.
If a pass hits you in the back of the head, it is your fault.
Carey and Freeman are low basketball IQ players with good athleticism.
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
He is not Irish!
Hahaha
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

I was with you until the Ant part...Ant still has a shot at Most Pages for Someone That Never Played at URI... I understand you're upset, but don't go, kill the fantasy and wreck that, too.

ETA...and the Carey part. He's the best player on the team.
He isn’t better than Leggett, but the fact that you are so close to the truth is a very sad truth about this team. Any team with Carey as one of the best isn’t a good team
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

c'mon, if it hits you in the back of the head, how do we know you ever turned your head in the first place?

You're 4 feet from the basket, take it in. that's a big problem on this team, no one wants to shoot the ball, they run the clock down to 3 seconds until someone like Ish who actually has awareness gets the ball and chucks it up right before the buzzer.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

McRam wrote: 1 year ago

He is not Irish!
Hahaha
Yep, since the Will Martel days have been thirsting for that type player. Of course, he could have been coached better…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Weston gets a medical pass from me this year.
I wonder what the score would look like today or against UMass if Freeman passed maybe 3-4 more times instead of throwing up a stupid garbage shot
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I wonder what the score would look like today or against UMass if Freeman passed maybe 3-4 more times instead of throwing up a stupid garbage shot
…….the same……
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago

If you’re going to go after a highly ranked recruit, go after Weston and Tchkiou.

Carey has been 10X better this season than those two.
Carey has been better but he was bad tonight. I personally expect more from our 5th year players like Carey and Malik over Weston and Tchikou, Let’s not forget how brutal Carey was for most of his first year here. He’s now a solid A10 player

I still have faith in Weston but he took a big step back these last two games after his best game of the year.

Tchikou looks better on the defensive end but he seems lost on offense.

I can’t believe Lou can’t see the floor with how horrible we have looked.

Bassy has heart but we really need Cam or whoever else Archie brings in to be better next season…I think he’s perfect for a low major program.

This sucks.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
…….the same……
yeah I disagree.