11/27 | Boston College | 12:00PM (ACC Network)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 11/27 | Boston College | 12:00PM (ACC Network)

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Archie just said Carey is out for the foreseeable future.

Have to find a way to get Weston going if he’s healthy
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Not exactly the game we wanted to play right before PC.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago This is turning out to be a bigger rebuild than originally expected. We have talent and mental issues…we are not talented enough nor have a high enough basketball IQ to make up for the lack of talent. Outside of the 4 returning players these are all Archie’s kids…why didn’t he get any talent that can shoot or score this season? Why do we have to wait for next and 2 true freshman? Not sure that is a recipe for success either.
Because Archie decided to bring in young guys and develop them over a quick one year fix. I totally disagree that we don’t have talent. Bray was the best player on the floor. We’ve seen flashes from Lou, Weston, Bilau, Rory, and Tchikou. We haven’t even played 10 games and we already have negative posts like this one. I guess I was dumb to assume we would be more patient.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It’s literally free throws and missed layups.

Tough L. On to Pc.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago It’s literally free throws and missed layups.

Tough L. On to Pc.
And three pointers!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Good rock fight.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

does anyone know what the injury to Carey is....The foreseeable future is not promising that he will be back this year
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Improvement isn’t linear. Defensive intensity picked up but offense looked dreadful. Malik’s offensive shortcomings combined with his injuries are killing us a bit. Need a 3rd reliable scorer or teams will just key on the back court. Hopefully it’s Weston but we are still a bit far out from that taking shape. Bray looked dynamic again.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Feel bad for Carey. That sucks.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not using health as an excuse for Weston at this point.

He was a complete 0 today, needs to do literally anything for us to be competitive.
Go Rhody
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

We missed Antwan Walker's presence in this game. Malik is not providing the offensive threat needed. Nonetheless there were reasons for Ram fans to be encouraged as the game was clearly winnable, but a team lacking in shooting talent and confidence does what this Ram team did, it faltered badly in the waning minutes with the game on the line. That should improve as the season progresses.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Not using health as an excuse for Weston at this point.

He was a complete 0 today, needs to do literally anything for us to be competitive.
Archie must have said we need to give him until January like ten times this offseason. I hope he makes an impact right away but our head coach has been spot on about where our players are in their development. I don’t think we’ll see him as a 3rd option until conference play. It needs to be Malik right now. He knows that and I think he shows up big against PC.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Not using health as an excuse for Weston at this point.

Yeah starting wonder where all that talent is.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago We mocked BC for losing to Tarleton State by 16. That makes us a mockery of a mockery.
I guess URI is no where near as good as Tarleton State and Maine.
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

It’s hilarious the excuses that you all use now.

Freeman is still doing whatever he wants.

Many of the games lost last season were because the team shot itself in the foot by its inability to make free throws, and then it’s on the coaches to make up those misses.

Now it’s URI lost because of missed free throws and BUNNIES. But they need time to gel/grow/insert whatever excuse helps you stomach this travesty of a team. Outside of Ish & Malik this entire roster is uninspiring.

Archie isn’t Dan. He never will be.

The team sucks.

Where are all the EM-BARON-SING chants now? URI beat BC twice last season. This BC team is just as bad.

Feel free to Ban this account too! I won’t read any of the responses, just enjoy the SUCK that’s on the floor.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Archie must have said we need to give him until January like ten times this offseason. I hope he makes an impact right away but our head coach has been spot on about where our players are in their development. I don’t think we’ll see him as a 3rd option until conference play. It needs to be Malik right now. He knows that and I think he shows up big against PC.
Bilau had shoulder surgery and wasn’t supposed to play until December. Didn’t practice leading up to last week and had an immediate impact in the Cayman Islands.

Westin has practiced and played since the beginning of the season.

It’s time for him to get something going.
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Tjrams91 wrote: 1 year ago It’s hilarious the excuses that you all use now.

Many of the games lost last season were because the team shot itself in the foot by its inability to make free throws, and then it’s on the coaches to make up those misses.

Now it’s URI lost because of missed free throws and BUNNIES. But they need time to gel/grow/insert whatever excuse helps you stomach this travesty of a team. Outside of Ish & Malik this entire roster is uninspiring.

The team sucks.

Where are all the EM-BARON-SING chants now? URI beat BC twice last season. This BC team is just as bad.

Feel free to Ban this account too! I won’t read any of the responses, just enjoy the SUCK that’s on the floor.
The fact that you are still this triggered is beyond hilarious. Thank you for giving us all something to laugh about in a down season.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

Bilau had shoulder surgery and wasn’t supposed to play until December. Didn’t practice leading up to last week and had an immediate impact in the Cayman Islands.

Westin has practiced and played since the beginning of the season.

It’s time for him to get something going.
I agree today wasn’t enough. He had a double double against Kansas St and a nice game against Tulane. Then back to back no shows. That’s life as a freshman.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

The team sucks.

URI was better last season. That’s why they beat BC twice. It’s really not that hard to understand.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Typical fan freak out after not having immediate success. Patience.
GO RAMS
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Losing a close game they could have won with a few free throws is fine at this point. Good to see bassy hit a three and freeman continue to go off.

Hope we give PC a good game
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago This is turning out to be a bigger rebuild than originally expected. We have talent and mental issues…we are not talented enough nor have a high enough basketball IQ to make up for the lack of talent. Outside of the 4 returning players these are all Archie’s kids…why didn’t he get any talent that can shoot or score this season? Why do we have to wait for next and 2 true freshman? Not sure that is a recipe for success either.
Because Archie decided to bring in young guys and develop them over a quick one year fix. I totally disagree that we don’t have talent. Bray was the best player on the floor. We’ve seen flashes from Lou, Weston, Bilau, Rory, and Tchikou. We haven’t even played 10 games and we already have negative posts like this one. I guess I was dumb to assume we would be more patient.
If memory serves me right, most of the best players we have had were pretty good right from the start. I cannot remember many stars that started out this poorly. There may be a decent player or two in this group, (outside freeman and Ish) but I’m not sure we have the next Rhody great and cornerstones to several NCAAs in this group.

I also thought the one good thing about the new transfer rules was you could get good fast and not have complete rebuilds.
Last edited by RIFan 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

The team sucks.

Lol

So embarrassing. Like Cox failed miserably. Destroyed everything Dan built. You just want us to suffer because we criticized your friends blatant failures. What an insufferable resentful miserable human being you must be in real life.

You're the annoying asshole in the horror movie that everyone hopes dies first.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

The team sucks.

TJ, look people here wish DC the best despite getting emotional over wins and losses the previous several years. Especially once the emotions fade.

DC is in a good place to reset his career and eventually get another crack at being a head coach, if he wants. It just didn’t work out here at that time as a first time head coach. It happens. I am sure DC will learn from his experience at Rhody and do well in the future because he is an intelligent man and a quality person.

Why come here and kick the hornets nest. Move on. You are not accomplishing anything here. Put the energy into supporting DC at Maryland.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RIFan wrote: 1 year ago
If memory serves me right, most of the best players we have had were pretty good right from the start. I cannot remember many stars that started out this poorly. There may be a decent player or two in this group, (outside freeman and Ish) but I’m not sure we have the next Rhody great and cornerstones to several NCAAs in this group.

I also thought the one good thing about the new transfer rules was you could get good fast and not have complete rebuilds.
Yes, we have had some players be studs from day one. But we have had plenty of players that needed time to develop and would have random good and bad games.

Here are some stats of players in their first 7 games as D1 players.
Jarvis Garret averaged 3 ppg a game
Jeff Dowtin averaged 2 ppg and 0 ast
Cyril averaged 2.4 pts and 2.7 rebounds
Will Daniels averaged 4 ppg 3 rebounds
Seawright averaged 3 ppg and 2 rebounds
Keith Cothran avg 5 ppg
Ulmer averaged 6 ppg
Hassan averaged 3.5 ppg and 1.5 rebounds
Tyrese Martin 4.6 ppg
Toppin 6 ppg

Delroy James averaged 3 pts during his freshman year.

Andre Berry didn't see real minutes until his senior year.

Did we give up on all of them because they weren't dominating from day one? Nope. I think all of those players ended up being pretty good at Rhody.

Lou looked like our best player against Stony Brook
Weston had a double-double against the best team we've played in Kansas St. Scored 9 against a very strong Tulane team.
Bray is an absolute stud with back to back 21 pt games.
Tchikou scored 8 and 7 in his first two games.
Bilau has looked solid after not playing or practicing.
Rory had 8 and 7 against Illinois St.

Listen, I don't like losing either, but I will not overreact. What I see right now is a very raw team that will continue to get better. Connor won't be the only shooter we bring in next season.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

The team sucks.

hahahahahahahhaa

The funniest part of this is that it's coming from "TJ Rams"...Reminder that a grown adult created a separate profile and pretended to be someone else to talk trash to other people on a college basketball message board. Archie could lose every game for the rest of his career, and it wouldn't be as embarrassing as when we caught DC.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Yes, we have had some players be studs from day one. But we have had plenty of players that needed time to develop and would have random good and bad games.

Keith Cothran avg 5 ppg
Ulmer averaged 6 ppg
Tyrese Martin 4.6 ppg
Toppin 6 ppg

Did we give up on all of them because they weren't dominating from day one? Nope. I think all of those players ended up being pretty good at Rhody.

Weston had a double-double against the best team we've played in Kansas St. Scored 9 against a very strong Tulane team.

Listen, I don't like losing either, but I will not overreact. What I see right now is a very raw team that will continue to get better. Connor won't be the only shooter we bring in next season.
This is a very reasonable take on the current team. We need Bilau and Tchikou stepping up on offense. We need guys making free throws. All of that needs to improve.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

A lot of Rhody fans in attendance today. Easy ride up and back. Took about an hour 15 minutes. It seems like each game a couple players have a good game and everyone else stinks the joint out. Can't wait for the game when all 5 starters have a great game. Hopefully next Saturday it happens.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

some clips of Bray today.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Good to see Bray getting better. He still has a tendency to force tough shots but I am sure Arch and staff will work with him to become a more efficient scorer. Also, with the way we struggled on O today, we needed him to shoot - he was our best option today with Ish being off.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

We scored 49 points. That's turrible.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

Keith Cothran avg 5 ppg
Ulmer averaged 6 ppg
Tyrese Martin 4.6 ppg
Toppin 6 ppg

This is a very reasonable take on the current team. We need Bilau and Tchikou stepping up on offense. We need guys making free throws. All of that needs to improve.
Thanks for doing the research, I feel slightly better. I had hope going into the Cayman tournament, but to see such regression from most of the team has been unfortunate…as freeman emerged others stepped back. Most have been showing little life for the last few games. I wonder if Martins ankle is still bothering him because he has not been the same since rolling it.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

The band leaders on this board have been overrating the players Archie recruiting and long-game strategy pf freshman over transders as well as Archie's ability to change water into fine wine. With transferring becoming so easy in college basketball, the long game you say Archie is playing is fool's gold and the band leaders are fools.
NCAAs or Bust!
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

The team sucks.

URI was better last season. That’s why they beat BC twice. It’s really not that hard to understand.
Their coach was better anyway,,,STFU
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago The band leaders on this board have been overrating the players Archie recruiting and long-game strategy pf freshman over transders as well as Archie's ability to change water into fine wine. With transferring becoming so easy in college basketball, the long game you say Archie is playing is fool's gold and the band leaders are fools.
Can we please limit the morons to one at a time?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I do have a gut feeling that Archie will recruit over a few guys for next season..

In other words some of the transfers that were brought in for this season wont be here next season. This roster needs more upgrades than just the 2 fresh coming in....
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago

The team sucks.

Their coach was better anyway,,,STFU
What?!?
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago I do have a gut feeling that Archie will recruit over a few guys for next season..

In other words some of the transfers that were brought in for this season wont be here next season. This roster needs more upgrades than just the 2 fresh coming in....
100% agree. I think it's a must-do these days. If these kids want to enter the portal free-for-all, I think that comes with the expectation that if you don't perform, you can and will be replaced. No guarantees.
Mobley was fouled.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Well, loved the energy in Ram fans today at the game, even some cheers lead by fans in section I, great job! For me it was a step sideways, had defeat snatched from jaws of victory, reference the late game FTs. Freeman coming on, and the Bassey production off bench(the deep three)kept it from steps backwards. The bigs just gotta be more productive on offense, so many missed shots. The slow and steady remains for me to be the guide.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago You can divide Bray into 2 different players: before benching, and after.

Thank God Vault isn’t our coach.
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Here we are only 7 games into Archie's first season here and some are already questioning his strategy and our talent.

At this time, I am not giving up on any players Archie brought in.

Remember this is an extremely young roster with players having very little previous Div. 1 experience.

Anyone thinking we were going to be instantly good was a fool's dream.

We are coming off of 2 disastrous seasons.
Remember when Dan took over, we only won a total of 8 games including just 3 conference games.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago Well, loved the energy in Ram fans today at the game, even some cheers lead by fans in section I, great job! For me it was a step sideways, had defeat snatched from jaws of victory, reference the late game FTs. Freeman coming on, and the Bassey production off bench(the deep three)kept it from steps backwards. The bigs just gotta be more productive on offense, so many missed shots. The slow and steady remains for me to be the guide.
Totally agree. I think our bigs are soft as pudding right now.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago The band leaders on this board

the band leaders are fools.
“Band leaders”

Gotta admit that’s pretty good trollin….
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago The band leaders on this board have been overrating the players Archie recruiting and long-game strategy pf freshman over transders as well as Archie's ability to change water into fine wine. With transferring becoming so easy in college basketball, the long game you say Archie is playing is fool's gold and the band leaders are fools.
Rhody72 post
1 year ago
It has been a long time since I have started a new thread, but I feel that we need to discuss the future of David Cox as our basketball coach NOW. I truly believe that David Cox will become a great college basketball coach and now is the time to secure him as URI's coach when a more lucrative contract from URI would interest him and stabilize program leadership. Don't wait until David is a hot commodity and other schools outbid us for his services. Also, I believe that now is the time that a mutually beneficial contract can be reached that will keep him as URI's coach when he becomes successful, something that has plagued URI for decades. David possesses the characteristics of great basketball coaches. He is smart, a leader, a role model with terrific interpersonal skills, a proven recruiter and a person that I project will develop players and build a strong program. The players he has recruited are high quality individuals. Now is the time for us to get behind David and push the administration to support URI basketball.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago I do have a gut feeling that Archie will recruit over a few guys for next season..

I agree. We will land 1 or 2 immediate impact transfers. If we can get another Bray Freeman type get mixed in with our younger guys developing we could be a good team next season.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Nate Oats, Travis Ford, Dan Hurley and so on and so forth, the list goes on. These coaches all inherited situations where the programs were unsuccessful and turned them around, but not the first season. Most of these coaches barely had a .500 record and most were below .500. Arch needs at least 1 season under his belt here before anyone can give up. Patience.
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Nate Oats, Travis Ford, Dan Hurley and so on and so forth, the list goes on. These coaches all inherited situations where the programs were unsuccessful and turned them around, but not the first season. Most of these coaches barely had a .500 record and most were below .500. Arch needs at least 1 season under his belt here before anyone can give up. Patience.
Well, of course. That's a given. Has anyone said anything negative about the coach?
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago What?!?
I need a sarcasm font.
That was for dc, not you 916.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

89E1507C-9897-4047-BC11-67B7EFA33FC8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

89E1507C-9897-4047-BC11-67B7EFA33FC8.jpeg
Phenomenal!
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines