2/22 | St. Bonaventure | 7:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: 2/22 | St. Bonaventure | 7:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I told the guys they need to put the ball in the basket. Where have I heard that before?
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago Keep too many of these players and we will be in the same boat next year no matter who are coach is. We need guards that can shoot distribute and play defense. These guys all seem like bench players to me. Who knows. The only thing I know is that the most exciting part of the season is when Cox gets let go and the new coaching search begins. We can all agree on that.
Sickening feeling that it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If literally every player (that gets minutes) leaves, that creates a really huge void to fill. But maybe it's the answer. I think Thomas staying would be good, I'd like to see another year out of him under a better coach.

The others, meh...
Mobley was fouled.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..the post game quote……..let me guess……..the guy that coached here……would have the team positioned to go dancing or collapsing into an NIT bid……..planning on a NIT home game and going to Casey’s for St Patrick’s Day $1.00 corned beef sandwiches………boy, those were the days…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Cox looks like a dead man walking. Appears to be totally beat down and knows what is coming.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago Cox looks like a dead man walking. Appears to be totally beat down and knows what is coming.
I just posted in the other thread, I wonder if he's been told already...?
Mobley was fouled.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

ice cream for everyone!

but no sprinkles! sprinkles are for winners.
:lol:
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
RF1 wrote: 2 years ago Cox looks like a dead man walking. Appears to be totally beat down and knows what is coming.
I just posted in the other thread, I wonder if he's been told already...?
He may not be a Division One coach but he's not dumb. He knows what's coming in 2 weeks after they get eliminated from the A10 tourney.

(It'll be over soon.)
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago I told the guys they need to put the ball in the basket. Where have I heard that before?
Just gotta follow it up with a "live bodies" comment
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Pretty scary hostage video. :shock:
Cox looks like he aged 20 years. He says the guys need to get in the gym and work on shooting. Isn't that what a coach makes happen? He acts like he's not connected.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

RhodeIslandRams wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Pretty scary hostage video. :shock:
Cox looks like he aged 20 years. He says the guys need to get in the gym and work on shooting. Isn't that what a coach makes happen? He acts like he's not connected.
1. Yes, coaching can age you pretty quickly. And losing can do it even faster.
2. No, coaches can't make guys get in the gym. They are limited to 20 hours per week. If the guys need to work on their shot, then they need to get in the gym on their own. That's how you really get better.
3. He's connected but at a dead end. At this point, I would think he's pulled every lever he knows and none of them work. I would think he's feeling pretty hopeless...and starting to plan for what he's doing next and where his family will be living. Can't be a good feeling.