Loyola-Chicago to the A10

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Loyola-Chicago to the A10

Unread post by ramster »

In reading back through this thread Reef, there were a number of KB posters who were against adding Loyola from the beginning. Their minds will never change and it’s looking like they were right.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Really, we aren't even at the halfway point of Loyola's first season in the A10 and some here are crucifying the decision.

I guess several here feel they have a better grasp for what's best for the A10 than Bernadette and the President's Council who felt it was a no-brainer.

I guess they aren't entitled to a down/rebuilding season after losing 4 starters including Lucas Williamson, one of their most accomplished players ever and 1st-Team MVC after getting an auto-bid and beating a good Drake team in the conference finals.

Also remember Drew Valentine is only a 2nd year HC and is now in a new conference.

I felt they were very overrated in the A10 predictions but still I won't 2nd guess their addition.

To say it was a bad move all-around, I guess you have all the facts at your disposal.
Dude, I crucified the decision as soon as it was made. And you and many others jumped all over me. This was an ass bad add to the conference. A lead sinker. Just wait. Why would the A10 add a school with a gym that holds 4k people? Ludicrous.
Why are you so hung up on the 4,900 seats? They have one of the nicest arenas in the league. Have you even bothered to look?
In addition, Loyola added a state-of-the-art practice facility "Alfie Norville Facility" in 2019 at a cost of over $18M.
They also offered Moser a compensation package of $2.2M to stay, which was competitive with the major programs in the area.
So yes, Loyola has made the necessary key investments in the program to make it competitive.
That along with their recent success and strengthening our Midwest footprint made them an attractive addition to the A10.

When Valentine was hired, he was the youngest Div.1 HC at the age of 29.
Now he is walking into a new conference facing new competition, give it a rest.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Not even half the first season of Loyola's membership in the A-10 is completed and people are already passing final judgement. How can anyone reasonably pass final judgement with so little time? URI has done about as badly as the Ramblers in this same short period. Does it too not belong in the A-10?

I think you have to give members several years (5-10) before starting to seriously evaluate them.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago Not even half the first season of Loyola's membership in the A-10 is completed and people are already passing final judgement. How can anyone reasonably pass final judgement with so little time? URI has done about as badly as the Ramblers in this same short period. Does it too not belong in the A-10?

I think you have to give members several years (5-10) before starting to seriously evaluate them.
Read the thread from the beginning from Page 1
A number of posters said this was a terrible addition to the A10 from the start and were strongly against it
5 to 10 years to assess and seriously evaluate the Loyola addition? Yikes.

Some posters were applauding the decision as tremendous without Loyola even having played a game. No 5 to 10 years was needed for those comments of grandeur.

I liked the addition but no longer. Just added another lead weight to the sinking A10 ship.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
CHICAGO (March 23, 2022) – Loyola University Chicago first-year head men's basketball coach Drew Valentine has been selected as a finalist for the Ben Jobe Award, which is presented each year to the top NCAA Division I minority coach.
========
Blue Man consistently berates minority coaches whether it is David Cox, Kevin Ollie or Kevin Valentine.
I call out coaches and teams I don't think are good.

You all of a sudden have this racial thing going. In fact, it's all you come at me with lately. Seems like a "you" thing. If the shoe fits you absolute sack of human garbage.

Mods, when are we gonna dump the troll?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
RF1 wrote: 1 year ago Not even half the first season of Loyola's membership in the A-10 is completed and people are already passing final judgement. How can anyone reasonably pass final judgement with so little time? URI has done about as badly as the Ramblers in this same short period. Does it too not belong in the A-10?

A number of posters said this was a terrible addition to the A10 from the start and were strongly against it

Some posters were applauding the decision as tremendous without Loyola even having played a game. No 5 to 10 years was needed for those comments of grandeur.

I liked the addition but no longer. Just added another lead weight to the sinking A10 ship.

Just tremendous people are calling the addition a failure after 20 total games.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Why would we want them? The only reason they were any good is because of a coach that isn't even there anymore.

1963, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1985, 2018, 2021. Those are the times they've made the tournament.

Feels like we just added Chicago Fordham
Ah here it is, people being pissy just for the sake of being pissy.

You may be the only A10 basketball fan who doesn’t like this.

Did VCU suck after Shaka? Dayton after Brian Gregory? Butler after Stevens?

This has not aged well.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago Can never make some people happy around here

Loyola is one of the strongest brand names in mid major college basketball over the last 5 years. That’s worth something, a lot actually. The coach leaving doesn’t change how the program has been elevated on a national level. That will be the case more often than not for mid majors, good coaches leave. Deal with it.
Yup, people choosing to be miserable 24/7/365 on their board.

This has not aged well either
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago Can never make some people happy around here

Loyola is one of the strongest brand names in mid major college basketball over the last 5 years. That’s worth something, a lot actually. The coach leaving doesn’t change how the program has been elevated on a national level. That will be the case more often than not for mid majors, good coaches leave. Deal with it.

Did I say they’d be 20-0 to start this year? Make the Final Four this season? Win the title?

No, I did not.

It’s simply foolish to judge the addition after 20 goddamn games.

Also if you want the play the “this aged well” game, I’d be here till 2033 going thru all your posts.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
RF1 wrote: 2 years ago Loyola won their third MVC Tournament in the last five years at Arch Madness in St Louis this weekend. The Ramblers lost tiebreakers with two other teams that also finished 13-5 and entered the tourney as the 4th seed a game behind #1 seed UNI. They beat #5 Bradley 66-50, #1 UNI 66-43, and #3 Drake 64-58. Loyola, 24-7 with an NET of #25 probably would have gotten an at large bid if they had not won their league's automatic bid.
They'll compete for an A-10 title in year one.

Another that has not aged well
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

Did I say they’d be 20-0 to start this year? Make the Final Four this season? Win the title?

No, I did not.

Also if you want the play the “this aged well” game, I’d be here till 2033 going thru all your posts.

Have at it.
You always love to say how stupid the KB posters are

Admit it you were wrong on this one. Try it.

Maybe your time on this board is bringing you to be as stupid as you say this board is.

Welcome to the club!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

No, I did not.

Have at it.

Maybe your time on this board is bringing you to be as stupid as you say this board is.

Welcome to the club!

I mean I’m not wrong. I could be wrong on this eventually, but it’s obviously too early to tell. You legitimately cannot judge this addition after 20 games.

Ridiculous to do that.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

People will continue to be miserable just for the sake of being miserable.

I cannot believe (actually I 10000% can) people on this board are questioning this move.
Sorry, but you were 100000000000000000000000% wrong.

They haven’t even finished one season in the conference.
If you couldn’t 10000% believe people on this board questioned the move when the announcement was made I can assure you those people who didn’t want Loyola BEFORE the announcement to join the A10 was made are not having 2nd thoughts with Loyola now in 15th place MBB and 14th place WBB.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

No, I did not.

Have at it.

Welcome to the club!
Ramster, so Bernadette, the President's Council, Thorr (who is chair of the A10 AD's) were all wrong, but of course some of the posters on KB are right.
Glad you guys aren't running the show.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No, I did not.

Have at it.

Welcome to the club!
Ramster, so Bernadette, the President's Council, Thorr (who is chair of the A10 AD's) were all wrong, but of course some of the posters on KB are right.
Bernadette, the Presidents council, Thorr all allow LaSalle and Fordham to stay in the A10. Instead of removing GYM schools they added one.
Several Posters said it was a bad move to add Loyola.
It’s really looking like a bad move now.

Those who liked the add of Loyola at the time now instead of admitting 15th place MBB and 14th place is a bad look they say it’s too early to judge. Ironic in that it wasn’t too early from them to judge the add of Loyola at the time they joined when they hadn’t played a single A10 game. Wasn’t that too early to judge?

The A10 has dropped from being regularly 7th best MBB Conference to 12th.
A10 Dropped from having 3-4 bids per year to barely 2 bids last year with poor seeds and now to 1-bid this year and a likely 12th seed.
So yeah, I’d question the job Bernadette and company are doing. Not removing deadwood and then adding a Program that is behind LaSalle and Fordham in both WBB and MBB.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Have at it.

Welcome to the club!
Bernadette, the Presidents council, Thorr all allow LaSalle and Fordham to stay in the A10. Instead of removing Gum schools they added one.
Posters said it was a bad move to add Loyola.
It’s looking like a bad move now.

Those who liked the add of Loyola at the time now instead of admitting 15th place MBB and 14th place is a bad look say it’s too early to judge. Ironic in that it wasn’t too early to judge the add of Loyola at the time they joined when they hadn’t played a single A10 game.

Dropped from having 3-4 bids per year to barely 2 bids last year with poor seeds to 1-bid this year and a likely 12th seed.
So yeah, I’d question the job Bernadette and company are doing.
Ramster you were the one always defending Fordham and attacked those who felt they should be dropped.
Under the circumstances and financial considerations, I think Bernadette has done a good job.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago Loyola won their third MVC Tournament in the last five years at Arch Madness in St Louis this weekend. The Ramblers lost tiebreakers with two other teams that also finished 13-5 and entered the tourney as the 4th seed a game behind #1 seed UNI. They beat #5 Bradley 66-50, #1 UNI 66-43, and #3 Drake 64-58. Loyola, 24-7 with an NET of #25 probably would have gotten an at large bid if they had not won their league's automatic bid.

Well you have to admit nobody could have guessed they would be this atrocious.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah you could've. Just like the A-10 has had a handful of teams that could compete a conference or two above, there are also (way more) teams at the bottom that belong in lower conferences and would probably still be middle of the pack.

The MVC (and other 1 bid leagues) don't really have that, especially since the few years they weren't 1 bid - they had Creighton and Wichita State. Just like no one would argue that the A-10 was a significantly better conference with Xavier, Temple, and Butler and we are a shell of ourselves on the national stage - the same would be said about the MVC.

Loyola isn't a powerhouse program, they were a bigger fish in a small pond and they still weren't the best team in that conference running away. They were in the "upper echelon" of the MVC the Porter Moser years along with blueblood programs Drake, Northern Iowa, and Bradley.

The best hope for Loyola is a consistent middle of the pack team.

As a conference - they I assume they were thinking "this gives us Chicago, an added recruiting spot/sell for other teams to get their recruits some games in Chicago, and another easy travel game to keep the likes of Dayton/St Louis as less of a flight risk."
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Might be "pre-mature" but I'm pretty sure those of us calling Jermaine Harris or David Cox failures after a handful of games wound up being right ;)

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bernadette, the Presidents council, Thorr all allow LaSalle and Fordham to stay in the A10. Instead of removing Gum schools they added one.

Those who liked the add of Loyola at the time now instead of admitting 15th place MBB and 14th place is a bad look say it’s too early to judge. Ironic in that it wasn’t too early to judge the add of Loyola at the time they joined when they hadn’t played a single A10 game.

Dropped from having 3-4 bids per year to barely 2 bids last year with poor seeds to 1-bid this year and a likely 12th seed.
Ramster you were the one always defending Fordham and attacked those who felt they should be dropped.
Under the circumstances and financial considerations, I think Bernadette has done a good job.
Yep.
Shows how crazy it is to chastise Fordham and LaSalle yet be in favor of Loyola.
Good think is Loyola is making Fordham, LaSalle, Duquesne and URI up 1 more slot from the bottom.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah you could've. Just like the A-10 has had a handful of teams that could compete a conference or two above, there are also (way more) teams at the bottom that belong in lower conferences and would probably still be middle of the pack.

The MVC (and other 1 bid leagues) don't really have that, especially since the few years they weren't 1 bid - they had Creighton and Wichita State. Just like no one would argue that the A-10 was a significantly better conference with Xavier, Temple, and Butler and we are a shell of ourselves on the national stage - the same would be said about the MVC.

Loyola isn't a powerhouse program, they were a bigger fish in a small pond and they still weren't the best team in that conference running away. They were in the "upper echelon" of the MVC the Porter Moser years along with blueblood programs Drake, Northern Iowa, and Bradley.

The best hope for Loyola is a consistent middle of the pack team.

As a conference - they I assume they were thinking "this gives us Chicago, an added recruiting spot/sell for other teams to get their recruits some games in Chicago, and another easy travel game to keep the likes of Dayton/St Louis as less of a flight risk."
Adding Loyola now could argue it makes St Louis and Dayton more of a flight risk. At least Dayton, St Louis and VCI are 1st tier so the Aqp scheduling will only require 1 game per year with the 4th tier we could be subject to Playing Loyola twice per year.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago

Might be "pre-mature" but I'm pretty sure those of us calling Jermaine Harris or David Cox failures after a handful of games wound up being right ;)
Shhhhh, can't say that name on here without getting yelled at.
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Yep.
Shows how crazy it is to chastise Fordham and LaSalle yet be in favor of Loyola.
Good think is Loyola is making Fordham, LaSalle, Duquesne and URI up 1 more slot from the bottom.
The basketball program at Loyola has very strong support and financial backing from the school.
I doubt they will be a bottom dweller for very long.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yep.
The basketball program at Loyola has very strong support and financial backing from the school.
I doubt they will be a bottom dweller for very long.
Who knows. Nobody say last place coming either for Loyola.
They did not have a coaching change
The A10 added Loyola as a means to strengthen the A10, not weaken it

URI, UMASS, Davidson, George Washington, LaSalle and Fordham all have new Head Coaches. All are ahead of Loyola.

Imagine Loyola being +8.5 at Duquesne tonight? Nobody saw Loyola being this bad.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Loyola University
Founded 1870
Enrollment - Undergraduate: 12,240 Graduate: 4,919
Located on a campus along the shore of Lake Michigan in the city of Chicago, the third largest metro in the US. Close to two major airports which have numerous flights to virtually every decent sized airport in the nation.

Loyola plays in an updated/renovated Gentile Center on its campus located along Lake Michigan. It is 4,486-seat multi-purpose arena that opened in 1996. Its capacity places it in the mid range of A-10 venues.
Link:
https://loyolaramblers.com/facilities/gentile-arena/4

The men's basketball program has dedicated practice space in the $18.5M Alfie Norville Practice facility that opened in 2019.
Link: https://loyolaramblers.com/news/2019/8/ ... ility.aspx

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

4,486 seats

No need to say more
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago Loyola University
Founded 1870
Enrollment - Undergraduate: 12,240 Graduate: 4,919
Located on a campus along the shore of Lake Michigan in the city of Chicago, the third largest metro in the US. Close to two major airports which have numerous flights to virtually every decent sized airport in the nation.

Loyola plays in an updated/renovated Gentile Center on its campus located along Lake Michigan. It is 4,486-seat multi-purpose arena that opened in 1996. Its capacity places it in the mid range of A-10 venues.
Link:
https://loyolaramblers.com/facilities/gentile-arena/4

The men's basketball program has dedicated practice space in the $18.5M Alfie Norville Practice facility that opened in 2019.
Link: https://loyolaramblers.com/news/2019/8/ ... ility.aspx

So they got a brand new $19 million practice facility and they are dead last in the A10 MBB and 14th of 15 in WBB
Where would they be without the practice facility?

Nowhere to go but up I guess.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Why would we want them? The only reason they were any good is because of a coach that isn't even there anymore.

1963, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1985, 2018, 2021. Those are the times they've made the tournament.

Feels like we just added Chicago Fordham

This has not aged well.
Just out of curiosity, since you are calling out multiple old posts in this thread that have not aged well, is there a reason you didn't include your own at all where you said it was a solid addition? That's fine if your opinion has changed since then (I still think its too early to call it either way), but it seems a little strange to be calling out others for something you agreed with at the time and just leaving that part out.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago

This has not aged well.
Just out of curiosity, since you are calling out multiple old posts in this thread that have not aged well, is there a reason you didn't include your own at all where you said it was a solid addition? That's fine if your opinion has changed since then (I still think its too early to call it either way), but it seems a little strange to be calling out others for something you agreed with at the time and just leaving that part out.
Read back and you will see that I

You said you couldn’t believe people on this board questioning Loyola joining the A10. No games had been played when you said that.
Now you say they haven’t even finished the conference? Like people here are jumping to conclusions too quickly?

Several on this KB board are looking pretty smart right now having said this was a bad move for the A10 (I wasn’t one of them), unfortunately for the conference.

Loyola is a disaster 15th of 15 MBB (Even behind La Salle) and 14th of 15 WBB

There has to be plenty of buyers remorse at the A10 Offices regarding this move

Nobody foresaw this implosion coming.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This has not aged well.
Read back and you will see that I gave credit to those who were against the adding of Loyola.

Admitted twice I wasn’t one of them and supported the move.

Read from Page 1 to get the perspective especially the part about how stupid KB Board members are.

You said you couldn’t believe people on this board questioning Loyola joining the A10. No games had been played when you said that.
Now you say they haven’t even finished the conference? Like people here are jumping to conclusions too quickly?

Several on this KB board are looking pretty smart right now having said this was a bad move for the A10 (I wasn’t one of them), unfortunately for the conference.

Loyola is a disaster 15th of 15 MBB (Even behind La Salle) and 14th of 15 WBB

There has to be plenty of buyers remorse at the A10 Offices regarding this move

Nobody foresaw this implosion coming.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Loyola has a 4,900 seat arena.
People will continue to be miserable just for the sake of being miserable.

I cannot believe (actually I 10000% can) people on this board are questioning this move.
Sorry, but you were 100000000000000000000000% wrong.

:lol: :lol:
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I would like to also add into my commentary that I would still rather have Loyola over Fordham or La Salle. Maybe Duquesne (even with the investments). Maybe even over GW and George Mason as well.

That's not high praise as much as it is a point of how bad the bottom of the A10 is. At least Loyola has made the investments to get better - though I'm highly skeptical that they will. They certainly could. I just don't see them recruiting high talent kids to go to a small city campus school in the north side of Chicago on the lake in wintertime that has the kind of rigorous academic standards and snooty nerds Loyola does. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong - but they'll be a program that's less peak and valley, more "we will get hot once in a blue moon."

Loyola isn't a school that is going to catch the lightning they caught more than once. Just like George Mason.

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago 4,486 seats

No need to say more
Given the technological shift we've had here, as well as the ticket markets now being much more about selling premium seats, I'm not sure raw attendance numbers matter as much as they used to. Like, Houston's Fertitta Center is about 8,000 seats - it doesn't matter that they could probably sell 20,000 seats, because they just increase the price on the available tickets. I think it's only an issue if your gym / stadium is unimpressive, without an angle you can sell recruits on. The Murray Center (RIC) is 8,000 seats, but it doesn't matter because it feels like a high school gym. The Mullins Center is a mausoleum and it seats 9,400. College of Charleston's arena is 5,000 seats, and TCU's is around 6,500.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Sorry, I just don't get the attack on Loyola because they are having a rough initiation to the A-10 ignoring in the process their Won-Loss record over the past five years.

32-6
20-14
21-11
26-5
25-8

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Let's remember some facts, This season will mark URI's third straight losing seasons. In the last 12 years we have experienced 6 losing seasons, three of which were marked by abysmal single digit win seasons.

As for their Gentile arena, it looks a lot better and more modern than Davidson's Belk arena.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I think one of the criteria should be: how easily can your school be accessed by plane?

What the women's team had to endure: a four hour bus ride to Pittsburgh and an overnight stay to get on a plane next morning, is ridiculous.

No team should have that kind of inherent home court advantage. It's basically a school that doubles as a ski resort.

Second worse is when they send the team to the most humid and water logged island in Hawaii and people are flopping all over the floor breaking God knows what.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Fertitta Center?! Leave it to Houston to screw up a good italian omelette.

Sorry, SG. Couldn’t help it.

Back to normal programming.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago

No need to say more
Given the technological shift we've had here, as well as the ticket markets now being much more about selling premium seats, I'm not sure raw attendance numbers matter as much as they used to. Like, Houston's Fertitta Center is about 8,000 seats - it doesn't matter that they could probably sell 20,000 seats, because they just increase the price on the available tickets. I think it's only an issue if your gym / stadium is unimpressive, without an angle you can sell recruits on. The Murray Center (RIC) is 8,000 seats, but it doesn't matter because it feels like a high school gym. The Mullins Center is a mausoleum and it seats 9,400. College of Charleston's arena is 5,000 seats, and TCU's is around 6,500.
The Murray Center at RIC does not have 8,000 seats. Where did you get that notion.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

When he said Murray Center, I didn't even see "(RIC)", I just assumed he was talking about Murray St. Good catch
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This has not aged well.
Read back and you will see that I gave credit to those who were against the adding of Loyola.

Read from Page 1 to get the perspective especially the part about how stupid KB Board members are.
Fair enough, you did mention you were not one of them. Still seems odd to me to go out of your way to call out other people for it though. But that's just my opinion.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Obadiah wrote: 1 year ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago

No need to say more
The Murray Center at RIC does not have 8,000 seats. Where did you get that notion.
Ha, admittedly, Wikipedia. I've been inside the place and I don't think it has 8,000 seats either, but I just went with it because its the stated number. Are there multiple courts or seating areas there or something? Maybe if you add up the track and basketball stands... Anyway, poor example on my part.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

No need to say more
Give this fact some thought - Only 5 (out of 15 members) A-10 teams are averaging more than that right now per their "reported tickets distributed" attendance numbers for 2022-23.

Gentile is far new and nicer and as big or bigger than about half the present venues of the A-10.
Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Fertitta Center?! Leave it to Houston to screw up a good italian omelette.

Actually, Houston's Fertitta Center (formerly the Hofheinz Pavilion) was renovated a few years ago fueled by a $20 million gift from Tilman Fertitta, a Houston billionaire. Fertitta made his money through ownership of Landry's Seafood restaurants and expanded from the food business into casinos, hotels and entertainment venues. Fertitta who is of Sicilian descent also owns the Houston Rockets.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I believe Loyolas arena would be the 3rd or 4th smallest in the conference?
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Fair enough, you did mention you were not one of them. Still seems odd to me to go out of your way to call out other people for it though. But that's just my opinion.
Only called out 1 person. One. And that poster was belligerent, as usual, to several KB posters in the conversations early in the thread.
Theblueram restarted this thread by responding to Rhody 15 from conversation a year ago on this thread.

So yes, I enjoyed theblueram calling out Rhody15.

I mentioned myself more than once as having been wrong and originally for Loyola. No problem at all. I liked the add at first but after seeing the terrible MBB and WBB results this year I was wrong. Never should have brought Loyola on.

But it’s all about Rhody 15 for me here. I can’t control who gets added or subtracted. None of us can.

I do find it funny how we now need to wait longer to judge the addition of Loyola when a year ago Rhody15 was calling posters out for being so dumb.

Interesting to read the thread from the beginning and then you get the perspective.

Only about 1 poster for me.

Theblueram made my day with his response to Rhody 15. . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Obadiah wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Fertitta Center?! Leave it to Houston to screw up a good italian omelette.

Actually, Houston's Fertitta Center (formerly the Hofheinz Pavilion) was renovated a few years ago fueled by a $20 million gift from Tilman Fertitta, a Houston billionaire. Fertitta made his money through ownership of Landry's Seafood restaurants and expanded from the food business into casinos, hotels and entertainment venues. Fertitta who is of Sicilian descent also owns the Houston Rockets.
Good stuff, Ob.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago I believe Loyolas arena would be the 3rd or 4th smallest in the conference?
Gentile is bigger than Fordham, St.Joe's, Duquesne, La Salle and comparable to Davidson, St,. Bona, GW. And it's nicer and more modern than all of them, equivalent to Duquesne. The arena originally had a capacity in excess of 5,000, but a big renovation in 2011 when chair back seats were installed reduced capacity. This was the same thing that happened to Keaney Gym.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Only called out 1 person. One. And that poster was belligerent, as usual, to several KB posters in the conversations early in the thread.
Theblueram restarted this thread by responding to Rhody 15 from conversation a year ago on this thread.

I mentioned myself more than once as having been wrong and originally for Loyola. No problem at all. I liked the add at first but after seeing the terrible MBB and WBB results this year I was wrong. Never should have brought Loyola on.

But it’s all about Rhody 15 for me here. I can’t control who gets added or subtracted. None of us can.

I do find it funny how we now need to wait longer to judge the addition of Loyola when a year ago Rhody15 was calling posters out for being so dumb.

Interesting to read the thread from the beginning and then you get the perspective.

By your own words, are you saying R15 and PRT are the same person? Because you called PRT out as well.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago I believe Loyolas arena would be the 3rd or 4th smallest in the conference?
A-10 Arenas with current capacity

Fordham Rose Hill Gym 3,200
LaSalle Gola Arena 3,200
Duquesne Cooper Fieldhouse 3,500
St Joe's Hagan Arena 4,200
Loyola Gentile Center 4,486
GW Smith Center 5,000
Davidson Belk arena 5,295
SBU Reilly Center 5,480
Richmond Robins Center 7,201
VCU Seigel Center 7,637
URI Ryan Center 7,657
GMU EagleBank Arena 7,860
UMass Mullins Center 9,493
St Louis Chaifetz Center 10,600
Dayton UD Arena 13,409

A photo montage of the arenas from a few years ago prior to Duquesne renovation and addition of Loyola
A-10 Arenas Nov-2015.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Only called out 1 person. One. And that poster was belligerent, as usual, to several KB posters in the conversations early in the thread.

By your own words, are you saying R15 and PRT are the same person? Because you called PRT out as well.
Ok 2 :cry: :cry:
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

You know it’s a bad season for Rhody when it’s game day, we are playing Dayton (one of the top teams in the conf again) at home and KB is temporarily obsessed with a thread like this.

Ooph. Bad season.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.