Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
URI_05
ARD

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by URI_05 »

If you want to be ignorant or straight up stupid, who am I to try and stop you? You do you and pout in your house instead of wearing a mask, that’ll teach us.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Sorry everyone, but I have to post this.

This country is coming apart at the seams.

Racism is rearing it's ugly head.

The economy is tanking.

A pandemic is raging.

If things indeed come in threes, well this is the perfect storm of threes.

And you know what is needed more than anything right now?

Strong leadership from the top.

And we have ZERO of that.

And it doesn't matter about politics.

Democrat or Republican. We need a leader who actually can lead us out of this.

And we don't have one.

Rant over. Over and out, again.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

Red, over 61,000 people died from the flu in 2018. Also, it's been 5 months. The first death was in February.

Last time I checked, February, March, April, May was 4 months. Not 5.

Also, you saying 61K people died of the flu in all of 2018 (12 months) is weakening the point you’re trying to make when 100K+ have died of COVID in 4 months.
Sorry, the flu season is Nov to Apr. It's only 6 months long.

Ok come back in two months and we’ll see the death toll from COVID.

So far, you saying it’s just like the flu is so off base, ignorant, and just plain stupid.

Flu, 6 months: 61K deaths

COVID, 4 months: 100K deaths

So again, come post about this is two months when the seasons are equal in length to see how further wrong you are when the COVID death toll is even higher.
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

URI_05 wrote: 4 years ago If you want to be ignorant or straight up stupid, who am I to try and stop you? You do you and pout in your house instead of wearing a mask, that’ll teach us.
🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣
Go Rhody
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I hate adding to this discussion, but masks will be the 3rd item in the list for businesses to refuse service. As the door at 7-11 says, "No shirt, No shoes, No Service".

If you don't want to wear a mask, that will be your choice, but don't be upset when private businesses refuse you service.

When I did a semester in Australia, tons of places let you in without shoes or a shirt because that was part of the culture. If I tried that when I came back to the states, I'm sure a couple stores would have been okay but most would have asked me to leave. Why? Because they know other customers don't want someone without shoes or without a shirt in the store with them. Same will become the trend with masks for the foreseeable future.

Don't like it? Shop at places that don't have that restriction.

I'm 31 and perfectly healthy (as far as I know). I'm not worried about myself with this virus, I'm worried about giving it to others who may get severel ill causing damage to their lungs or dying from this.
Having your lungs permanently damaged from this is not a data point YET.

You don't want to wear a mask, for whatever reason, that's your choice. Just know if you cough or sneeze around me and it's not into your elbow, I will be confronting you.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I hate adding to this discussion, but masks will be the 3rd item in the list for businesses to refuse service. As the door at 7-11 says, "No shirt, No shoes, No Service".

If you don't want to wear a mask, that will be your choice, but don't be upset when private businesses refuse you service.
I went in a convenience store in Warwick near the airport that had the sign “no mask - no service” on the door. Went in and the employee did not have a mask on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I hate adding to this discussion, but masks will be the 3rd item in the list for businesses to refuse service. As the door at 7-11 says, "No shirt, No shoes, No Service".

I went in a convenience store in Warwick near the airport that had the sign “no mask - no service” on the door. Went in and the employee did not have a mask on.
Name and location of the store?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Why can't basketball players be on campus now? Didn't the NCAA give the ok on that?
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Also, you saying 61K people died of the flu in all of 2018 (12 months) is weakening the point you’re trying to make when 100K+ have died of COVID in 4 months.

So far, you saying it’s just like the flu is so off base, ignorant, and just plain stupid.

So again, come post about this is two months when the seasons are equal in length to see how further wrong you are when the COVID death toll is even higher.
Not to be accused as a "hardo" but even if this winds up being quadruple the normal flu death rate (240k but I doubt we get that high), with 80% (or more) dying are over 80 and in nursing homes than maybe some of the "hardos" have a valid point?

I don't think people like Blueman are saying take no precautions, just saying that maybe we can move to a more targeted protection of at-risk folks instead of planning on being shut down for the next year, or two years?
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago

Not to be accused as a "hardo" but even if this winds up being quadruple the normal flu death rate (240k but I doubt we get that high), with 80% (or more) dying are over 80 and in nursing homes than maybe some of the "hardos" have a valid point?

I don't think people like Blueman are saying take no precautions, just saying that maybe we can move to a more targeted protection of at-risk folks instead of planning on being shut down for the next year, or two years?
If you look at the economic contraction of the stats that didn’t shut down vs the ones that did, the impact is pretty similar. The problem is the virus and it’s not going to get better until we better understand how it spreads and enact smart precautions as we reopen to limit the spread. Doing that for at-risk populations isn’t enough.

If we find out that it’s safe to be indoors with a mask, awesome, small sacrifice to make. If not, let’s hope we have a vaccine or an effective treatment in line with the optimistic estimates.

Every single person here wants to get back to normal. Not everyone here thinks writing off the elderly is an acceptable compromise to get there.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I've seen college kids and younger hanging out together without masks for weeks and weeks now, even playing sports. No major uptick in infections for their demographics. Let them play. I guess we have to wait longer, but I was in (a packed) Newport this weekend and maybe 30-40% of people were wearing masks while walking and dining/drinking outdoors. Only time masks were mandatory was when purchasing items or food. Seemed fine to me.
GO RAMS
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

And just what IS that "targeted protection?" Shutter at risk people? If so, who are you to tell people to shutter, when their inclusion simply calls for you to wear a mask, or (heaven forbid) you have to stand 6 feet from the person in front of you at Wendy's? We are a soft society; actually, I take that back. We are no longer a society - we are becoming a nation of narcissists. Me first, second, and always. Having said this, perhaps we ARE seeing the leadership we desire....
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Several Countries have gotten to little or no virus at all. New Zealand down to a single case now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

NHRamFan wrote: 4 years ago

And just what IS that "targeted protection?" Shutter at risk people? If so, who are you to tell people to shutter, when their inclusion simply calls for you to wear a mask, or (heaven forbid) you have to stand 6 feet from the person in front of you at Wendy's? We are a soft society; actually, I take that back. We are no longer a society - we are becoming a nation of narcissists. Me first, second, and always. Having said this, perhaps we ARE seeing the leadership we desire....
I am no one to tell at risk people to shutter - if they want to risk they can take the risk. It's America. I am also not against some reasonable precautions like masks, keeping distance in lines when possible. I am against what we are doing now because it has gone on too long with a draconian, across the board shut down and do not see any real plan to move off that position.

Maybe those of you who are in RI and NH right now have a little different view than those of us in Mass. We have barely started phase one reopening and it is absolutely ridiculous with no end in sight. You want me to wear a mask and try to stay six feet apart, I will. You want me to stay shuttered in my house and have my kids miss another year of school and not be able to see or play with other kids for another year?? No thank you.

In Massachusetts less than 350 people under the age of 60 have died (less than 100 under the age of 50). In contrast over 4k people over 80 have died with corona virus. We can make this work without everyone living in a complete bubble for a year. I was for the initial shut down. I will be for another shut down if hot-spots creep up, with swift and targeted measures. I am for heightened awareness of people's space (btw I always have, despite my occupational hazard of going into really gross court houses I always maintain a distance from people and wash my hands thoroughly to the point where the regulars all know I do not like to be touched).

We can make this work but I have no confidence we will as a society and we will all be in bubble indefinitely.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Sorry everyone, but I have to post this.

This country is coming apart at the seams.

Racism is rearing it's ugly head.

The economy is tanking.

A pandemic is raging.

If things indeed come in threes, well this is the perfect storm of threes.

And you know what is needed more than anything right now?

Strong leadership from the top.

And we have ZERO of that.

And it doesn't matter about politics.

Democrat or Republican. We need a leader who actually can lead us out of this.

And we don't have one.

Rant over. Over and out, again.

Good to hear from you Rambone. Don't let folks keep you from posting. However, hoping you are wrong this time.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Sooo....I am sure everyone has read the stories that AT LEAST 40k of the 100k deaths can be linked to nursing homes (and this does not include assisted living facilities) so its probably closer to 60k deaths or more when you include assisted living facilities. This is an absolute catastrophe.

But it also may present a more manageable situation than we have thought previously.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

People are dug in on whatever they choose to believe and it's a problem. We need a new season of common sense and open minded discussion. At the moment that I'm writing this, the CDC recommends wearing masks everywhere and the WHO suggested just last night that mask wearing is not imperative unless in medical or personal assistance situations. So which is it? I don't know, but I'm willing to listen, read and generally inform myself, because I don't know everything.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 4 years ago

Red, why ask this investigative question?
Have you considered that some people have legit reason's medical or otherwise for not wearing a mask?
We don't need people policing others from info they gather on Keaneyblue
Go Rhody!!!
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago People are dug in on whatever they choose to believe and it's a problem. We need a new season of common sense and open minded discussion. At the moment that I'm writing this, the CDC recommends wearing masks everywhere and the WHO suggested just last night that mask wearing is not imperative unless in medical or personal assistance situations. So which is it? I don't know, but I'm willing to listen, read and generally inform myself, because I don't know everything.
I agree with this take completely - I still think this is a serious situation for our country and we need to proceed cautiously.

We are just learning about the effects on the population and the more information we have to make decisions the better. If 60% of those dying are not just 80 plus, but 80 plus and living in long term care or assisted living facilities that should impact the community response over time. Also can speak from some level of personal experience that there are likely a lot of other deaths from independent senior living that would not be included in the nursing home statistics.

I do not know what the answer is based on that info, just noting the information. Hopefully those in charge can make some common sense decisions that balances protecting those at risk populations and the livelihoods of the rest of the population.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

For those that are saying "oh well a large portion of those dying of Covid are 80 and over" then using this as a reason to compare it to the flu...you may want to compare apples to apples. Based on CDC 2017 stats (latest I could find), the flu killed around 55,000 people that year and around 38,000 of those folks were 75+. A rate of 69% of deaths were 75+. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr ... 09-508.pdf

Compare that to Covid age distribution. This is all provisional data and not organized too well, but I took a representative weekly sample at the peak weekly death toll (4/18/2020) to get a best-guess proportion: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... /index.htm
From this week, I found a 61% rate of deaths of people 75+.

Ok, so despite the 8% lower rate of deaths 75+ I'll allow the flu and Covid to be viewed as roughly the same death rate to the older population. So what is the next argument the naysayers have to minimize Covid? I prefer to use science and numbers to reflect on the danger of something, not the "suck it up buttercup" method.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago We are just learning about the effects on the population and the more information we have to make decisions the better. If 60% of those dying are not just 80 plus, but 80 plus and living in long term care or assisted living facilities that should impact the community response over time. Also can speak from some level of personal experience that there are likely a lot of other deaths from independent senior living that would not be included in the nursing home statistics.
This point I agree with: the fact that we tend to congregate so many folks at risk together does not help things. I think this type of industry needs to be looked at with a fresh set of eyes as this pandemic ends. My 87 y.o. mother in law has a lot of mobility issues, but I am thankful she still lives on her own for this reason.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago

Have you considered that some people have legit reason's medical or otherwise for not wearing a mask?
Because too many people will say "I saw" without providing specifics to back up their position. If it really did happen, why not tell us where instead of making us wonder whether this really happened?

Also I'm cynical.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Because too many people will say "I saw" without providing specifics to back up their position. If it really did happen, why not tell us where instead of making us wonder whether this really happened?

Also I'm cynical.
Here you go. And yes it really happened :roll:

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Also I'm cynical.

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States
I walked into a store today where the guy put on his mask only when I came up to the cash register.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

Also I'm cynical.

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States
I walked into a store today where the guy put on his mask only when I came up to the cash register.
but you must provide the specifics or it didn't happen :lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States
but you must provide the specifics or it didn't happen :lol:
I want to see more of that, so...nope.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago We are just learning about the effects on the population and the more information we have to make decisions the better. If 60% of those dying are not just 80 plus, but 80 plus and living in long term care or assisted living facilities that should impact the community response over time. Also can speak from some level of personal experience that there are likely a lot of other deaths from independent senior living that would not be included in the nursing home statistics.
This point I agree with: the fact that we tend to congregate so many folks at risk together does not help things. I think this type of industry needs to be looked at with a fresh set of eyes as this pandemic ends. My 87 y.o. mother in law has a lot of mobility issues, but I am thankful she still lives on her own for this reason.
My 87 y.o. mother in law lives on her own too - and has a helluva good time!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States

So now what? we all go down there and press charges? call in the authorities? only to find that the employee has a medical situation that requires he/she breath without obstruction. I'm just wondering if we can maybe take a step back and allow our sympathetic pathways to inform our actions, that person could have breathing issues and his/her doctor may have prescribed mask free breathing, but instead of admitting there might be 100 reasons for this person to not wear a mask we should go in with pitchforks. smh

You don't like the fact that the employee isn't wearing a mask, turn around and leave.

I wear my mask everywhere I go, I like it, it makes me look like some kind of sci-fi storm trooper.
Go Rhody!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States

So now what? we all go down there and press charges? call in the authorities? only to find that the employee has a medical situation that requires he/she breath without obstruction. I'm just wondering if we can maybe take a step back and allow our sympathetic pathways to inform our actions, that person could have breathing issues and his/her doctor may have prescribed mask free breathing, but instead of admitting there might be 100 reasons for this person to not wear a mask we should go in with pitchforks. smh

You don't like the fact that the employee isn't wearing a mask, turn around and leave.

I wear my mask everywhere I go, I like it, it makes me look like some kind of sci-fi storm trooper.
Go ask RI Red - He asked for it so I provided the info. I don't know what RI Red will do with it now. I personally don't care if the guy wears a mask or not. My point is it's hypocritical to have the sign on the door and then the employee doesn't follow their own rules.

Relax. Go ask Red to help you with your question.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Don't provide the specifics, just say "it happened, believe me or not."
Go Rhody!!!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Also I'm cynical.

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States
Good. I’ll tell all my cousins and friends in Warwick to avoid this place.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Also I'm cynical.

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States
Good. I’ll tell all my cousins and friends in Warwick to avoid this place.
Same here. I’ll not go back.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sam’s Food Store
651 Main Ave
Warwick, RI 02886
United States

Yeahhhh....no it doesn't.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

storm trooper.jpg
Luke, I'm not your father, but I work for him...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Go Rhody!!!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Women have been telling me I look much better with the mask on. Also they say the further away I am the better I look.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I’ve seen a few postings with Malik on campus. I hate to derail all this NON basketball Covid talk, but are the players starting to return this week?
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -workouts/

Sports coming back could be scratched before they even really get going.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -workouts/

Sports coming back could be scratched before they even really get going.
They were tested Tuesday, practiced together Wednesday, and received the test results today.

So as I read this at Alabama:
Tuesday - Test 50 Players
Wednesday - 50 Players Practice together
Thursday - Get Test results that 5 have Covid-19

Why wouldn’t they await test results until practicing?
How many of the 50 did the 5 infect on Wednesday?

Why not do the 5 minute Covid-19 test on Tuesday to get fast results?

backassward In Alabama
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

They may not have had access to the 5-min tests, But yeah crazy time line there, don't know how they defend that course of action. Why be patient and follow all the protocols if you're just going to skip the final steps? Test, play, receive results, I mean this is what you do if you don't want sports to come back, now if they want to follow protocols everyone in contact with those 5 people must quarantine for two weeks.
Go Rhody!!!
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Whomever is in charge of policy/procedure there should be fired immediately. Not because of the risk of spreading the disease, but simply for being that stupid.

This is simple stuff. If you're messing this up, how can we expect you to get the complicated stuff right.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Speaking of simple stuff...root for stadiums.
I think sports will be one of the things that hastens the return of 'things'...in a way that we can only just sit and watch happen. There are a lot of people (sports leagues, concerts, etc) with a lot of money/influence that want butts in seats. They will do whatever is possible to get us there. I look for sports to push the policy and science envelope. Concentrated group with lotso cash (players + owners + artists + ?), motivated...

Whether you like them or not, root for leagues to get going...I care much much less about outcome than I do about just getting them playing at this point. (The sad/funny side note lately has been watching my favorite sport, baseball, get lapped by the field, again. They blew/are blowing a huge opportunity - not necessarily by not being leaders, or first back, but by not at least giving the appearance that the most base-ic thing...money...wouldn't be the issue. Just a sad look. Take a year off baseball, you deserve it...now other sports are going to start before you and you'll be forgotten for now)

I do not care one way or the other who takes it on the chin financially in any sport. I'm actually even more selfish than they are - I'm rooting for a couple full stadiums. Talk all you want about 'phasing in' attendance...once they start cashing in on letting in 'some' people, there will be pressure to let 'em "all" in as quick as possible. So, roll cameras on Roll Tide, The Big House....Jerry's place in Dallas. There's three pretty good sized groups/venues with motivation. Show me those places, on TV, sold out, and we'll be in great shape. Because once you're back to being able fill a germ bowl of a stadium or arena... how can you really impose restrictions anywhere else with a straight face?
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Whomever is in charge of policy/procedure there should be fired immediately. Not because of the risk of spreading the disease, but simply for being that stupid.

This is simple stuff. If you're messing this up, how can we expect you to get the complicated stuff right.
I have a strong feeling they don’t think it matters generally - not many octogenarians on the football field, may as well chicken pox party the team and get them all exposed to a thing that probably won’t hurt them.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Whomever is in charge of policy/procedure there should be fired immediately. Not because of the risk of spreading the disease, but simply for being that stupid.

I have a strong feeling they don’t think it matters generally - not many octogenarians on the football field, may as well chicken pox party the team and get them all exposed to a thing that probably won’t hurt them.
Roll Petri Dish?
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

I guess it's a "expose everyone and let's get this over with" strategy.

I mean, if I could voluntarily get it and then just quarantine for the extent I had it; I would seriously consider that option.

The worst part right now is fear of having it, not knowing, and transmitting it to someone at risk like my 70yr old parents.

If they said season ticket holders only for the Ryan Center this year they'd have 2 for me and my wife to go.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Roll Petri Dish?
Haha - seriously though if you are Bama do you want your 5 star player getting it in October and being quarantined for two weeks or do you take your chances they might be sick now in the summer.

Somehow, in Massachusetts at least, the number of deaths among people under 50 has completely stalled. Makes one wonder how many of the initial deaths under 50 were actually Covid-19 and how many were died of other reasons with Covid-19. I see minimal risk to these athletes getting it on campus and staying there for a few weeks, particularly at a big school like Bama that has the training staff and doctors to take care of them.

NFL should consider the same. What happens when Patrick Mahomes tests positive during the playoffs? Is he going to quarantine?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Roll Petri Dish?
Haha - seriously though if you are Bama do you want your 5 star player getting it in October and being quarantined for two weeks or do you take your chances they might be sick now in the summer.

Somehow, in Massachusetts at least, the number of deaths among people under 50 has completely stalled. Makes one wonder how many of the initial deaths under 50 were actually Covid-19 and how many were died of other reasons with Covid-19. I see minimal risk to these athletes getting it on campus and staying there for a few weeks, particularly at a big school like Bama that has the training staff and doctors to take care of them.

NFL should consider the same. What happens when Patrick Mahomes tests positive during the playoffs? Is he going to quarantine?
The sooner they fill Bryant-Denny, the better off we'll all be...as for Mahomes...new helmet will be required.

helmet.PNG
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Why not do the 5 minute Covid-19 test on Tuesday to get fast results?
It's not a bad point but it is my understanding from medical professionals that the 5 minute test has been flawed and the only reliable test is the long swab because if people are only swabbing the nostril, it is very possible to come up with a false negative, and that the deeper you go into the nasal cavity, the more likely you are to properly identify the presence of the virus.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Took a break from this site for a few days. I would say I would come back in two months, but Rhode Island stopped posting covid info about a week ago. No death updates or new infections. But I did spend some maskless time at the bar at Arturo Joe's and the comedy was a group of guys were cheering on the Corn Hole tournament. Hysterical. The new National Pastime. Corn Hole.

Also, did you see the Gov out in the crowds for the protest with no mask on surrounded by people about 8 inches from her face???? Yeah.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Took a break from this site for a few days. I would say I would come back in two months, but Rhode Island stopped posting covid info about a week ago. No death updates or new infections. But I did spend some maskless time at the bar at Arturo Joe's and the comedy was a group of guys were cheering on the Corn Hole tournament. Hysterical. The new National Pastime. Corn Hole.

Also, did you see the Gov out in the crowds for the protest with no mask on surrounded by people about 8 inches from her face???? Yeah.
How dare you point that out!
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Governor does a stupid thing so now the virus is a hoax? Gotcha.