Cyril Langevine

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Re: Cyril Langevine

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago While I share the admiration for Cyril's hustle, leadership, rebounding and defense, his drop in offensive efficiency is a killer. His shooting percentage has dropped from 56.7 last year to 46.9 this year (horrible for a big man). He has no lift on his layups; he has not developed any low-post moves. His FT percentage went from 60 to 48.5 (horrible). Is he injured? Considered one of the top 5 players in the conference before the season he's a third-team all-conference player at best.
Iggy agree with you on all points. 10% less on 213 FG attempts is 42 points and 12% of 130 FT's is 16 points. That is a total of 58 points if he could have just kept last years %'s. I am sure those missing points could have changed 1 or 2 of the losses into W's. Other thing is once he makes his mind up he is shooting he doesn't look to pass even when he is double teamed or even triple teamed.

I love his heart, his motor, leadership and his dedication to our school but i think if we had last years version we would have a few more wins.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Cyril Langevine

Unread post by reef »

Yeah his production sure has dropped off with his numbers but he is the best big we got so we got to hope for the best