‘19 F Anthony Walker (Miami ---> Indiana)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Re: ‘19 MD F Anthony Walker (Offer)

Unread post by DanInAZ »

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop shouting out on his IG to follow his boy Ant Walker. Walker shouting out on his IG to follow Bishop.
Maybe some chatting about their official visits and dates.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote:Bishop shouting out on his IG to follow his boy Ant Walker. Walker shouting out on his IG to follow Bishop.
Maybe some chatting about their official visits and dates.
Besides us, what other schools are recruiting both Bishop and Walker?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Seton Hall
Pitt
Penn State
St Johns
VCU
St Joes
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I truly believe we are in good shape with both!
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

DC_Rams wrote:I truly believe we are in good shape with both!
The Walker recruitment is has seemed to be more unknown. I guess we’ll learn a lot by not only what official visits he takes but the order and timing that he takes them in.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Kansas still hasn't offered, have they? Because that's his dream school.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Kansas still hasn't offered, have they? Because that's his dream school.
No offer from Kansas. The offer isn’t coming unless they miss on their top 3 PF targets.
247 has Robinson-Earl (5 star #18 nat) as 100% Kansas. His father played for KU (against URI as someone noted).
Then they have #5 Matthew Hurt as 77%.
They have offered 8 PFs and Walker isn’t one of them.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

He may be dreaming about KU but KU isn't dreaming for him
That's good for URI
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

No chance he gets a KU offer. Not even worth worrying about
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Walker on unofficial group visit to Maryland today. His mother isn’t there though (she was in Kingston).
He doesn’t have an offer from Maryland. The Mitchell twins both 6’9” (who played on DC Premier) have both verbally committed to Maryland.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:Walker on unofficial group visit to Maryland today. His mother isn’t there though (she was in Kingston).
He doesn’t have an offer from Maryland. The Mitchell twins both 6’9” (who played on DC Premier) have both verbally committed to Maryland.
Why was she in Kingston?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We are definitely a bette fit for Walker than the Terps
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Also, going with the nickname “Sky” when your last name is Walker is really the only way to go. Just a great nickname.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:Walker on unofficial group visit to Maryland today. His mother isn’t there though (she was in Kingston).

Why was she in Kingston?
His mother and AAU coach were with him during his visit to URI in June.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

There is no profile on the thread for Walker. He is now rated a 4 star, #140 nationally and #2 in MD

Here are the schools that have offered him:
Offer & Unofficial visits
Rhode Island
Seton Hall
ECU

Offers
St Johns
BC
Illinois
TCU
VCU
UNLV
UMASS
St Joe’s
Bonnies
Middle Tenn State
Buffalo
Drexel
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote:There is no profile on the thread for Walker. He is now rated a 4 star, #140 nationally and #2 in MD

Here are the schools that have offered him:
Offer & Unofficial visits
Rhode Island
Seton Hall
ECU

Offers
St Johns
BC
Illinois
TCU
VCU
UNLV
UMASS
St Joe’s
Bonnies
Middle Tenn State
Buffalo
Drexel
Any update on when he will announce a final list or a official visit list?
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ESPN: 3 Star
Rivals: 3 Star (147)
247: NR
247 Composite: 4 Star (140)
Verbal Commits: 3 Star
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ace wrote:ESPN: 3 Star
I was going by the 247 Composite. His composite rating is .9414

247Sports Composite Rating
The 247Sports Composite Rating is a proprietary algorithm that compiles prospect "rankings" and "ratings" listed in the public domain by the major media recruiting services. It converts average industry ranks and ratings into a linear composite index capping at 1.0000, which indicates a consensus No. 1 prospect across all services.

The 247Sports Composite Rating is the industry's most comprehensive and unbiased prospect ranking and is also used to generate 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I’m aware. The profiles usually contain all rankings, so I was just making it easier for whoever edits it.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I have a feeling we make his final 3 by how hard we recruiting him
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Rhode Island has already struck once in the 2019 class, thanks to the commitment of three-star wing Mekhi Long, and more good news could be ahead for the Rams. Do I believe that they will eventually land Qudus Wahab? No. While URI made the final list of 12 for him, others such as Louisville, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Syracuse have a better chance.

They are in a better spot with Anthony Walker. The Rams were one of the first to prioritize Walker before his so-called "blow-up" this past July, and have remained a heavy presence in his recruitment. Expect the Rams to remain a heavy factor with him in the coming weeks.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... e-and-more
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It seems Walker is in no rush to announce a final list and schedule official visits. I am a little surprised by this unless he is holding out hope that the top schools who haven’t made him an offer (Kansas, Nova, Maryland & Va Tech) don’t get their top Forward targets and then make him an offer. We have heard he wants to visit Kansas for their midnight madness event.

I think Kansas will have verbals from two PFs and a C before midnight madness. They are rated “warm” with 4 PFs and 2 Cs in the Top 30! Bill Self is recruiting in another world. They are also rated “warm” with 4 SFs in the Top 50. Robinson-Earl is predicted 100% KU (8 predictions) and Hurt is predicted 77% KU (13 predictions).
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

His stock will likely increase with him being at Brewster.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote:His stock will likely increase with him being at Brewster.
That would mean a spring signing. How long do we keep a scholly open for him?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:His stock will likely increase with him being at Brewster.
I don’t know about that. He is probably the 4th/5th best player. May not get many touches.
Jalen Lecque (5⭐️ #13)
Alonzo Gaffney (4 ⭐️ #31)
Kai Jones (4⭐️ #102)
Terrence Clarke (5 ⭐️ #1 for’21)
Anthony Walker (4⭐️ #139)

I am hoping when the top schools on his list that haven’t offered get verbals from their top recruits in Sept & Oct that Walker makes a decision.
Initially the tought was that he would cut his list by Aug 15th but things have gone quiet.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Those numbers next to all those four stars could all be shuffled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Some are saying this could be the best team that Brewster has ever had, and they've had some great ones.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:Those numbers next to all those four stars could all be shuffled.
Not between Alonzo Gaffney at 31 and Walker at 139.
Gaffney has verbally committed to Ohio State. His final three schools were Ohio State, UNC & Louisville.
Walker doesn’t have an offer from any school at that level

The reason I said Walker was 4th or 5th was comparing him to Kia Jones.

1) Lecque
2) Gaffney
3) Clarke
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Walker to have an official visit to Kingston in Sept.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote:Walker to have an official visit to Kingston in Sept.
That is fantastic news!!! Well done 83! The exact weekend and what other officials he schedules will be telling. VCU is chasing him hard apparently as well.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:Walker to have an official visit to Kingston in Sept.
Where did you see this?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Not out yet in media. It’s solid information.
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Have to close here. Nobody has put more effort into his recruitment and it's really not close.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Might need to lay the cards on the table at the official. We really want you but we need an answer and Bill Self isn't
walking through that door anytime soon Kid. A Kansas signing in the next month might help this along.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bishop Walker Long and MCLeod is what I am hopeful for ??
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Unfortunately effort and output don't always correlate in the recruiting game. Someone who has put in little effort but has more prestige or brand value can come in at the last minute and steal a kid...happens all the time. Also, I don't think giving a kid an ultimatum (ie we need an answer now) is the best way to close on an 18 year old basketball player getting fawned over by multiple coaches. Between Cox, Carroll, Sutton and Ty we have just about the most seasoned recruiting staff we have ever had...need 1 of them to be able to close and we will be just fine. I trust we will have back to back #1 classes in the A10. Go Rhody!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I have 100% confidence that Cox has the process down cold. He knows how to handle any situation that could come up regarding commitment timing.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

From Corey Evans today
Kansas has prioritized Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and Matthew Hurt as part of its frontcourt recruiting efforts and the Jayhawks have an excellent chance with both prospects.

Robinson-Earl, a five-star forward that is capable of playing all three positions in the frontcourt, is a homegrown talent whose father, Lester Earl, played for the Jayhawks. While he has yet to cut his list, many believe that his recruitment will boil down to North Carolina and Kansas. Roy Williams has his own connections with Robinson-Earl as he coached Robinson-Earl's father in Lawrence.

On the other end, Hurt is arguably the most prioritized prospect in recent years. Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky and others are in the hunt. Duke and North Carolina will be tough to beat, but ultimately I think Hurt ends up at Kansas.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ace wrote:ESPN: 3 Star
Walker moves up to 4 star and #95 in latest Rivals rankings. Big move up from 147.

DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Unread post by DelroyIsMyHero »

I pretty much exclusively lurk in the offseason and don't post much. Appreciate those of you who do!

With walker and bishop climbing, if we nail down three of these top recruits, where would that rank in our all time classes?

Right now it has to go Bishop, Walker, Wahab - and that's the order of importance too, IMO. All three are incredibly talented and in the Rivals top 150 at 78, 95, and 103. That's 3 four star players. That would have to be a monumental class and one of Rhody's best ever.
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Rhody83 wrote:From Corey Evans today
Kansas has prioritized Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and Matthew Hurt as part of its frontcourt recruiting efforts and the Jayhawks have an excellent chance with both prospects.

Robinson-Earl, a five-star forward that is capable of playing all three positions in the frontcourt, is a homegrown talent whose father, Lester Earl, played for the Jayhawks. While he has yet to cut his list, many believe that his recruitment will boil down to North Carolina and Kansas. Roy Williams has his own connections with Robinson-Earl as he coached Robinson-Earl's father in Lawrence.

On the other end, Hurt is arguably the most prioritized prospect in recent years. Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky and others are in the hunt. Duke and North Carolina will be tough to beat, but ultimately I think Hurt ends up at Kansas.
They’re also getting crystal ball picks for PF Zeke Nnaji.

Walker is a nice prospect, but there’s probably 10-15 PFs Kansas would offer or pursue before Walker. I’m more worried about BC, Illinois, St John’s, Seton Hall, and ECU. Those are all high major teams (besides ECU but Dooley and Chillious are good recruiters). And more importantly it looks like they’re all schools who are not landing their primary targets, so they’ll have open scholarships/playing time.

That being said, we’ve been on him since day 1 and believed in him before all of these schools started to scramble and offer late in the AAU season. Hopefully he appreciates that. He could be a star at URI.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DelroyIsMyHero wrote:I pretty much exclusively lurk in the offseason and don't post much. Appreciate those of you who do!

With walker and bishop climbing, if we nail down three of these top recruits, where would that rank in our all time classes?

Right now it has to go Bishop, Walker, Wahab - and that's the order of importance too, IMO. All three are incredibly talented and in the Rivals top 150 at 78, 95, and 103. That's 3 four star players. That would have to be a monumental class and one of Rhody's best ever.
You can go on 247 website under Rhode Island and go to the Class Calculator. It let’s you add players. It has the followong score/value for Rhody recruits:
Bishop 26.60
Walker 19.33
Long 7.97
Total 53.90

Last year’s class had a score of 49.83 and was ranked 48th. Losing Adams caused a drop from around 30th.
The 53.90 score would have been 38th last year.

I don’t think you can add Wahab since he is visiting other schools and isn’t visiting Rhody. Each players’ score goes down when you add another player. Adding Wahab to the three above brings the team score to 60.16 (24th last year)
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Based on very limited observations through clips on this board I really do not see a drop off when comparing Adams and Silverio. I read somewhere that Adams had a disappointing senior year. Losing Adams and getting Silverio should certainly not have resulted in a rankings drop from around 30th to 48th.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

eli#10 wrote:Based on very limited observations through clips on this board I really do not see a drop off when comparing Adams and Silverio. I read somewhere that Adams had a disappointing senior year. Losing Adams and getting Silverio should certainly not have resulted in a rankings drop from around 30th to 48th.
It's because Silverio wasn't ranked by any recruiting sites so he had a composite score of 0 being calculated into the URI recruiting class whereas Adams at least had a composite score that was added to the class score.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Adams was ranked #179 with a composite rating of .9105. He was rated ahead of Tate and Martin.
Tate was #215 with .8896 and Martin was #220 with .8880. Silverio has a 0 score as RhodyKyle mentioned.

I agree Silverio looks good. Ratings aren’t always correct. UCONN is already recruiting over Adams. I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers after his Fr or Soph year.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83 wrote:Adams was ranked #179 with a composite rating of .9105. He was rated ahead of Tate and Martin.
Tate was #215 with .8896 and Martin was #220 with .8880. Silverio has a 0 score as RhodyKyle mentioned.

I agree Silverio looks good. Ratings aren’t always correct. UCONN is already recruiting over Adams. I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers after his Fr or Soph year.
You’ve said this twice now about Adams, and it makes little sense to me. UConn has 5 guards on this year’s roster. They lose two guards for sure (Adams, Smith) and could lose more (Vital tested the waters once before, Gilbert could take advantage of a healthy season and see what it gets him). That leaves just Adams. Of course UConn is recruiting guards, and the higher ranked the better. That’s not recruiting over, that’s filling out your roster. I don’t know what his role will look like moving forward, but you’re being rather hyperbolic with the “recruiting over” talk. They have, at minimum, five roster spots to fill for 2019.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody83 wrote:Adams was ranked #179 with a composite rating of .9105. He was rated ahead of Tate and Martin.

How can a #179, #215 and #220 get a top 40 ranking? Agree with uconn recruiting over Adams.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

theblueram wrote:

How can a #179, #215 and #220 get a top 40 ranking? Agree with uconn recruiting over Adams.
You are missing Harris at the top with #82 and .9693 rating. It’s based on rating and not the number ranking.
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Fingers crossed that we get Walker, Bishop and one of the other big men we are involved with. Let's go Cox!