David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Apologies if this has been shared already (I didn't see it). I don't get the feeling from these comments that Pitino would be too eager to come to Kingston. If you've been serious about considering him an option, I wouldn't hold your breath.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/29/rick-piti ... fter-iona/

“My goal is to finish my career at Iona. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t entertain to be an NBA coach again,” the 69-year-old Pitino said from his new office at the New Rochelle school. “I can’t say [I won’t coach at another college], because then you look like a liar if you ever do. My total motive is to stay here. I’m a New Yorker. I want to end my career in New York. I live in a place I want to live. But you never know.”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago Apologies if this has been shared already (I didn't see it). I don't get the feeling from these comments that Pitino would be too eager to come to Kingston. If you've been serious about considering him an option, I wouldn't hold your breath.

“My goal is to finish my career at Iona. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t entertain to be an NBA coach again,” the 69-year-old Pitino said from his new office at the New Rochelle school. “I can’t say [I won’t coach at another college], because then you look like a liar if you ever do. My total motive is to stay here. I’m a New Yorker. I want to end my career in New York. I live in a place I want to live. But you never know.”
Good article. Interesting that UNLV and Indiana reached out to him last year. And then Maryland is mentioned.

Up to now he has said Iona was his last stop, home for him, his age, etc. he has now opened the door.

Ended with this:
“I think we can do it here,” he said. “John Calipari and I are the only coaches to take three different schools to a Final Four. I would like to get rid of him on my résumé.”

That says he’s back in the market.

Certainly Danny Manning is not going to get the Maryland job unless they pull off an NCAA bid. Could Pitino go to Maryland?
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago Apologies if this has been shared already (I didn't see it). I don't get the feeling from these comments that Pitino would be too eager to come to Kingston. If you've been serious about considering him an option, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Doesn't he have like a $10M buyout?

If we STILL don't have the money to start on the practice facility. And we can't even afford $500k for an assistant coaches pool, you think we're going to go and spend 8 figures just to spend double what we've ever paid a coach to bring in a guy who will at most be here for 4 years?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Doesn't he have like a $10M buyout?

If we STILL don't have the money to start on the practice facility. And we can't even afford $500k for an assistant coaches pool, you think we're going to go and spend 8 figures just to spend double what we've ever paid a coach to bring in a guy who will at most be here for 4 years?
No, that ship has sailed. Pitino is not coming here. But it does look like he is loosening the strings of attachment to Iona. Bigger fish to fry now.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Like I've said...the only way this program rises again will be due to the generosity of our biggest boosters.

Otherwise we'll be lucky to get the practice facility built...anything else, no chance.

Pay what it will take to bring in a coach like Archie?

No chance in hell if it depends on the school alone.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Like I've said...the only way this program rises again will be due to the generosity of our biggest boosters.

Otherwise we'll be lucky to get the practice facility built...anything else, no chance.

Practice facility is not happening
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Like I've said...the only way this program rises again will be due to the generosity of our biggest boosters.

I mean, it is. It’s been confirmed multiple times.

Just need a little more money.
Go Rhody
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

Where does the practice facility stand? Wasn’t there a press release from the school within the last year that they were basically ready to break ground?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago Where does the practice facility stand? Wasn’t there a press release from the school within the last year that they were basically ready to break ground?
https://gorhody.com/news/2021/3/9/mens- ... ility.aspx
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It's ridiculous that groundbreaking hasn't started, when 90-95% of the money needed has been raised.

I don't care what "restrictions" there are in requiring that 100% of the money needs to be there.

Small time is URI.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

There's no proof it is actually happening...it was "promised" (?) before Dan left...and there's been zero progress...
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I heard they need 300K.....coincidentally the same amount needed to buy out Cox.

That's actually pathetic. They can't find a way to get that? [The practice facility money that is]
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

There's no proof it is actually happening...it was "promised" (?) before Dan left...and there's been zero progress...
Didn’t know Hurley was our coach in March 2021.

Are you seriously that ignorant to the situation?

I’d say a 3 million dollar gift less than a year ago is progress.

Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago It's ridiculous that groundbreaking hasn't started, when 90-95% of the money needed has been raised.

I don't care what "restrictions" there are in requiring that 100% of the money needs to be there.

Small time is URI.

THINK BIG DO WE
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago It's ridiculous that groundbreaking hasn't started, when 90-95% of the money needed has been raised.

Small time is URI.

THINK BIG DO WE
I made a thread about a month ago updating on the Practice Facility. Several posters were upset that the $8 million cost was too high :roll:

At any rate this is what I posted:

Some info on the Practice Facility
  • At the FGSU Pregame in Ft Myers for Alumni and Fans, Thorr welcomed all of the attendees. He was unable to attend the games in Daytona because of his responsibilities as Head of the FCS Football Playoff Selection Committee that was meeting that same weekend in Tennessee or Kentucky I can't recall.
  • Thorr provided an update in response to some questions from attendees. He confirmed that the estimated cost of the Practice Facility is $8 million and $7.3 million has already been committed. They are moving forward and will keep working on the additional $.7 needed.
  • The Project Design firm has been chosen and it is the same firm that designed the Ryan Center
  • Thorr Estimated that by May of 2022 the project will be ready to put out for bid
  • Great meeting and participation

At the November meeting Thorr mentioned that our new President had approved moving forward on the Practice Facility and that they could continue to pursue the additional $700k needed so there would be no delay.

There was a tripod set up outside Tootell West Gym a couple of months ago with about 5 placards showing options for the entrance to the proposed Practice Facility. They were very attractive design options.

Oh, and by the way, the Practice Facility is for the Women's Basketball Team as well. Info on Women's team:
  • Current NET = 45 highest of the season for any A10 WBB Team
  • 16-3
  • 6-0 in A10 Conference
  • Record 9 consecutive wins
  • Last season's Coach of the Year in the A10 in only her 2nd year at the helm
  • Transfers this year from Seton Hall (1st team BE), starting PG from PC, 6'5" Center from Texas A&M, starter from North Carolina State
  • Transfer last year from Missouri who tied for A10 Player of the year in her 1st season at URI
  • A10 All Rookie member who this year as a Sophomore broke into he starting line up a couple of weeks ago and is playing surpurbly
  • Attendance levels continue to increase
  • Head Coach received a salary increase and 2 year contract extension based on just 2 years results
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Our next coach will not be Rick Pitino. I really hope nobody is holding their breath about that. That’s delusional.

However, the reason I know that isn’t because of anything he said here, which is just typical Pitino blathering and tells me nothing about what he’s actually going to do. And even if he just straight up said “I’ll never leave Iona” nobody would believe him anyways, which he even alludes to in the quote. Nothing that guy says is worth anything, it is pointless to try to make sense of what he’s even trying to say here.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

This is the larger point of what I posted in the "It's a URI problem" thread.

It's "promised" and "on track" to happen.

Of course Hurley didn't buy into it. Tons of things are PROMISED around here and never actually happen.

You know how many football kids we've recruited in the last decade plus with the PROMISE that they'll play in a new football stadium before they graduate?

Again, the RI/URI rule about "fully funded" before breaking ground kills any momentum you could ever hope to have.

What's that money doing today? Sitting in an account untouched? Or do we need to siphon little bits here and there from it like the RI General Fund? If we need to buyout Cox do we dip into that fund? Honestly if you just invested Soloviev's $3M you'd probably have returned the gap in interest by now.

We can't get out of our own way.

Should've just broken ground, started the project, paid for it up to a certain point, and then when the PROGRESS was ACTUALLY HAPPENING, you could launch a blitz of a campaign to fill the rest of the funding by showing legitimate progress. People will contribute to something that's physically in the works, but it's a lot tougher to keep asking people to "imagine what could be" and ask for them to throw money into a black hole and just "trust" that it's going to happen.

Again, this is an infrastructure problem. Not the athletic department, but the actual funding infrastructure that prevents any action from being taken to break ground until 100% of the funding is secured.

Which is even better considering inflation and supply chain issues. The longer we wait, we'll finally get the $8M and then it'll cost $8.5...round and round we go.

I don't think I've ever been more sour, bitter, and just flat out despondent with regards to this program in my entire life as I am right now. Absolutely shameful all around.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I'm ignorant of so many things, it's not even funny, not just this situation. However, I thought that a practice facility was part of the last ditch for Dan effort? Are you saying there was no discussion about a practice facility at that time? None?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I'm ignorant of so many things, it's not even funny, not just this situation. However, I thought that a practice facility was part of the last ditch for Dan effort? Are you saying there was no discussion about a practice facility at that time? None?
Obviously the last contract pitch to Hurley included a practice facility.

But after he said no and left, the facility didn’t go away.

We’ve had multiple 1 million dollar + donations, highlighted by the 3 million dollar donation last March.
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Maybe there will be another bond to approve in November for the balance.

Rhode Islanders LOVE their bond ballot questions.
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Obviously the last contract pitch to Hurley included a practice facility.

But after he said no and left, the facility didn’t go away.

We’ve had multiple 1 million dollar + donations, highlighted by the 3 million dollar donation last March.
Prove..."physically"... that it hasn't gone away. Or, provide a break ground date. If there's no construction, there's no project. You may think otherwise, but it looks to many (most?), me included, like it actually did go away. And I think most will see it that way until there's, you know, visible physical activity....
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Its 2022, so its a matter of months now before a ceremony should happen. Possibly right after the season?
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The practice facility was part of the package to keep Hurley but when he left donors didn't have the same urgency to get the project done. Besides all of the other information other posters have provided to show the practice facility is still happening, it's also in the capital budget Governor McKee just released.

"Soloviev Basketball Practice Facility
The Governor recommends $7.8 million in private funding from FY 2022 – FY 2023 for renovations to West Gym at URI. These renovations will convert the facility to a Division I men’s and women’s basketball training facility. Renovations are slated to include a new entry, court, HVAC, and lighting."

Supposedly we already had $7.3 million raised, so actually it looks like we're $500,000 short as of November
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So... iow, not happening. Pretty sure that's what I said...

Which happens first 02, visible practice facility activity, or dropping of the mask requirement? I'm guessing neither anytime soon...
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago So... iow, not happening. Pretty sure that's what I said...

Which happens first 02, visible practice facility activity, or dropping of the mask requirement? I'm guessing neither anytime soon...
Why are you so stubborn when clearly multiple people have given proof the facility will be happening?
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago So... iow, not happening. Pretty sure that's what I said...

Why are you so stubborn when clearly multiple people have given proof the facility will be happening?
His point (that I agree) is that "it's happening" isn't the same as "they started the project."

Like yes, all the pressers and the money is supposedly there. But if you had a dime for every URI/State of RI promise that wasn't follow through on, you could open your own Scholar Athlete Hall of Fame, hire your buddy to run it, and then get your misdeeds swept under the rug.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago This is the larger point of what I posted in the "It's a URI problem" thread.

Of course Hurley didn't buy into it. Tons of things are PROMISED around here and never actually happen.

You know how many football kids we've recruited in the last decade plus with the PROMISE that they'll play in a new football stadium before they graduate?

Again, the RI/URI rule about "fully funded" before breaking ground kills any momentum you could ever hope to have.

What's that money doing today? Sitting in an account untouched? Or do we need to siphon little bits here and there from it like the RI General Fund? If we need to buyout Cox do we dip into that fund? Honestly if you just invested Soloviev's $3M you'd probably have returned the gap in interest by now.

Should've just broken ground, started the project, paid for it up to a certain point, and then when the PROGRESS was ACTUALLY HAPPENING, you could launch a blitz of a campaign to fill the rest of the funding by showing legitimate progress. People will contribute to something that's physically in the works, but it's a lot tougher to keep asking people to "imagine what could be" and ask for them to throw money into a black hole and just "trust" that it's going to happen.

Again, this is an infrastructure problem. Not the athletic department, but the actual funding infrastructure that prevents any action from being taken to break ground until 100% of the funding is secured.

Which is even better considering inflation and supply chain issues. The longer we wait, we'll finally get the $8M and then it'll cost $8.5...round and round we go.

I don't think I've ever been more sour, bitter, and just flat out despondent with regards to this program in my entire life as I am right now. Absolutely shameful all around.
Probably a lot more than 8.5 million. I wanted to build a fence last summer for my wife's vegetable garden. I needed about 20 wooden posts. At around 8 dollars apiece, 160 dollars sounded pretty good, until I learned that the price had quadrupled to about 32 dollars per post. 640 dollars, just for the posts. The price of lumber was outrageous. I think it has come down some, but not a lot.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Puh-leeeze. How can you tell when Little Ricky is lying? His lips are moving.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

That article was the precursor to him being announced as Louisville’s next coach.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago That article was the precursor to him being announced as Louisville’s next coach.
Why does he keep getting linked to Louisville? Like, I kind of doubt Pitino wants to associate himself with the media shit show that would become, and I imagine there are still people with axes to grind against him in that administration. There are jobs of equal prominence already open - Maryland - and there's a chance schools like Pitt and Arizona State will be looking for coaches too.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….just to prime the pump a bit…….raise your hand if you want Bobby Hurley here…..
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago This is the larger point of what I posted in the "It's a URI problem" thread.

Probably a lot more than 8.5 million. I wanted to build a fence last summer for my wife's vegetable garden. I needed about 20 wooden posts. At around 8 dollars apiece, 160 dollars sounded pretty good, until I learned that the price had quadrupled to about 32 dollars per post. 640 dollars, just for the posts. The price of lumber was outrageous. I think it has come down some, but not a lot.
I hear ya, costs are crazy. We had our deck replaced this summer...I was expecting it to be around 2500-3000 (it's not huge). We paid 6 grand, but had estimates as high as 12k.... To an earlier post point...every day that we don't have 'all' the money for the practice facility...the gap gets bigger. Won't be surprised if it gets to 'yeah, not happening....gonna use the cashe for ____ instead."

Book this...by the end of this calendar year, there will still be mask requirements all over URI and at games, no visible action on the practice facility, and no concerts at Meade. Sad.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago That article was the precursor to him being announced as Louisville’s next coach.
Why does he keep getting linked to Louisville? Like, I kind of doubt Pitino wants to associate himself with the media shit show that would become, and I imagine there are still people with axes to grind against him in that administration. There are jobs of equal prominence already open - Maryland - and there's a chance schools like Pitt and Arizona State will be looking for coaches too.
1. There are only so many schools that can afford to and be willing to pay his buyout they are 1 of them.

2. If you think there are a couple of URI boosters who would pony up for Pitino how many do you think Louisville has that will pay whatever to get him back.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
1. There are only so many schools that can afford to and be willing to pay his buyout they are 1 of them.

2. If you think there are a couple of URI boosters who would pony up for Pitino how many do you think Louisville has that will pay whatever to get him back.
Yeah, but Louisville isn't Liberty or Wichita State, where one booster can basically control many aspects of the university. Louisville has an interim A.D. and an interim school president right now.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

For all we know, any big name coach will look at the sorry state of our program and say, "Thanks but no thanks".

Again, I think we will get a coach from a lower program that has a successful track record.

And if he is successful here, URI HAS to follow through on program improvements, or else the boom or bust cycle will continue.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago

Yeah, but Louisville isn't Liberty or Wichita State, where one booster can basically control many aspects of the university. Louisville has an interim A.D. and an interim school president right now.
I am sure it is a lot more than 1 booster that wants the glory days of final fours back. And Pitino isn’t just some coach with baggage; he’s prob 1 of the 5 best cbb coaches alive by almost any standard.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

I hear ya, costs are crazy. We had our deck replaced this summer...I was expecting it to be around 2500-3000 (it's not huge). We paid 6 grand, but had estimates as high as 12k.... To an earlier post point...every day that we don't have 'all' the money for the practice facility...the gap gets bigger. Won't be surprised if it gets to 'yeah, not happening....gonna use the cashe for ____ instead."

Book this...by the end of this calendar year, there will still be mask requirements all over URI and at games, no visible action on the practice facility, and no concerts at Meade. Sad.
sbrand wrote: 2 years ago Well here is the Thorr Bjorn Podcast

Topics Covered

How asst. AD initiated the hiring of Tammy Reiss
Worked in ticket department of UMass during Calipari era including a number one ranking and final four appearance
Trying to contain the crowd of 400k fans who couldn’t get tickets to the Temple game.
Returning to Umass after taking a corporate job after nine years
Non glamorous side of starting out in the Umass athletic department
How he became the interim AD at Umass
Great time to be an AD
The back story how URI got the New England Patriots plane to fly to Towson game
What we should expect from new president Marc Palange
Methodology and process for raising money
What is the status of the practice facility
and charter flight. When construction starts and projected opening
Impact of 125k for WBB
Cost of chartering 42k
How he turned around the football program
Thoughts on retiring #s with Kenny Green video on his take on the matter
Talks about relationship with coach Hurley
Whose responsible when Coach is fired
How close URI football was to switching conferences
Asked him about PC cancelling in state game last season

Thanks to Scott Brand for this Interview with Thorr. Thorr provides an update to the Practice Facility from minute 27:30 to 30:00. I'd encourage watching the entire 60 minutes but specifically the Practice Facility.
  • Populous design group hired. Same group that did the Ryan Center
  • Bid in 2 months (from when this interview took place)
  • Start Construction by May/June 2022
  • Up and running late Spring 2023
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populous_(company)
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago For all we know, any big name coach will look at the sorry state of our program and say, "Thanks but no thanks".

Again, I think we will get a coach from a lower program that has a successful track record.

And if he is successful here, URI HAS to follow through on program improvements, or else the boom or bust cycle will continue.
Should've been done already to attract a a big name coach on the rebound. Just like the rest of socio-economic landscape in the Northeast in general, time is passing URI by when it comes to keeping up with the competition.
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Over/under on construction start date, July 1.
Am solidly in the "over/never" camp. It's not like there's anything happening now with the program to create momentum.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

George Mason is a perfect example of a program that hired the right coach. They continue to look better and better. Kim English will lead them to a bid sooner rather than later. We need to hire our own Kim English.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago George Mason is a perfect example of a program that hired the right coach. They continue to look better and better. Kim English will lead them to a bid sooner rather than later. We need to hire our own Kim English.
We did already.

Can lightening strike twice for Little Rhody?
Mobley was fouled.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode Island
Record: 12-7 (3-4) – 9th place in Atlantic 10
Last: Lost 53-51 at Dayton on Jan. 29
This Week: At Fordham on Feb. 2 at 7 p.m., host UMass Feb. 5 at 2 p.m.

Plain and Simple: SeBastian Thomas needs to play 30+ minutes a night the rest of the season

URI’s most important piece to the future deserves more playing time. Rookie guard SeBastian Thomas has not looked or played like he’s in his first season of college basketball. The poise, pace and confidence he exudes are traits of all-league players, ones capable to leading their teams to an A10 championship. Last week he started in place of injured Jeremy Sheppard. In 38 minutes, he dished out a career-high 7 dimes against just 2 turnovers while being guarded by Richmond fifth-year senior Jacob Gilyard, the NCAA’s all-time steals leader. Here’s a few quotes Cox said afterwards about Thomas:
“I expect to see that more regularly and consistently moving forward.”
“(He) runs our offense.”
“Took a hug step today.”
These comments would suggest Thomas will find himself on the floor more. Sheppard and Ish El-Amin are gone in two months and Jalen Carey is not a starting caliber player at this point. Ish Leggett is not a true point. Invest in the future while also giving the team the best chance to win.

Hard Truth: David Cox might be coaching for his job the next 6 weeks

This has been in the backs of the minds of the Rhody faithful for much of the season. Where do things stand with David Cox now almost four years into his tenure? For the first few months, it looked like a soft, say, 20-10 record was going to be good enough to earn an extension. But factor in the last four results and it is officially a legitimate topic. Cox has only one year left on his contract and it’s rare for a head coach to enter it without any commitment for the future. If URI chooses to proceed that way, it will be used negatively against him on the recruiting trails this summer.

Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
How many times are you going to post this?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

If Thomas is the solution then I am missing something…I think the fact he is the best PG is more of an inditement than anything.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not missing anything. You nailed it.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

CUT BAIT

(I nailed it too)..
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Not that Cox needs additional criticism, but I rewatched some Rhody games under Hurley recently. The difference in emotion between these two guys is staggering. Hurley wasn't just in the refs face, but he knew how to build energy in his players and it made a difference. Cox is a statue.
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Not that Cox needs additional criticism, but I rewatched some Rhody games under Hurley recently. The difference in emotion between these two guys is staggering. Hurley wasn't just in the refs face, but he knew how to build energy in his players and it made a difference. Cox is a statue.
It continues to look like Cox knows he is in over his head and simple does not care anymore.

It's one thing to have a track record of success and look like a statue, it's another thing to have your team stink and seem uninterested.
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Cox doesn't look like he's having any fun....and I'm being serious.

The players I'm sure take their cue from the coach......